August 27, 2014 | 1781 users online

Eye Primer - Maybelline - Superstay 24 Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Sump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

After reading the other reviews I'm starting to believe this is a concealer for people with oily or combined skin. I didn't like this concealer. Yeah it covered the blemish and it stayed on, but it made my blemish look like a dry patch. On my normal to dry skin this concealer looks cakey. I also didn't like the colour. Too orange for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by sellyp96

It makes my underye circles very dry. I thought that since it was a liquid concealer it'd be easier to blend. Wrong! It dries too fast and it looks too cakey and instantly flakes off. Gross! You can tell the wand is very cheap, it's too rough for my sensitive skin. The color was alright.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by emnakamura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely up there with my favorite concealers. It dries quickly so you have to move fast. I use this to cover up my acne scars and it works wonderfully. Its very full coverage. My only complaint is the shade range. I bought mine too light because the next shade up( I believe it was medium beige) was wayyyy to pink. I mix this concealer with my revlon colorstay concealer ( a good concealer for under-eyes but rather light coverage) to make the superstay easier to work with and a bit darker. It lasts longer than most of my foundations and my skin has improved so much by using concealer instead of a full face of foundation. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by huggabledust

This is my favourite concealer out there, and it's so inexpensive for what it does for me.
I use the Light colour and it's perfect for my skin - it does have yellow undertones so if you have a more warm, fair skintone keep that in mind. I did find that when applying it to my undereye area it looks amazing when I first applied it, but throughout the day I would crease. To combat that I started moisturizing and priming my undereye before applying and that has worked like a charm.
I even use this alone because the coverage is so amazing. It is long wearing and eliminates the look of blemishes and dark circles.
The only downfall is how little you get - I use this a lot, every day almost all over my face (sometimes instead of foundation because this is the only drugstore brand that matches my skin perfectly), so I need to repurchase it once every week or so. I tried the Maybelline Superstay Foundation in the lightest shade but that was WAY too dark for me. If they could make this in to a foundation I'd love it, or even a bigger container.
Anyhoo, this stuff is perfect for me and I would definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

A bit unorthodox but this works so well as an e/s primer, serving multi-purposes: First, it conceals skin imperfections on the lid area, making the skin look smooth and even. Second, it holds back oils and maintains my eyeshadows and liners all day. And now for a third: For me, by using one of the deepest shades (Deep Beige) this concealer becomes a matte cream eyeshadow & base (which is so very hard to find)! I originally began using SuperStay 24 Concealer as an undereye concealer in Light. I was very happy with it until I saw my undereye area outdoors, in a hand mirror. YIKES, I looked like Bette Davis as Baby Jane! My skin looked so dry and crinkly! I stopped using it that day......under my eyes. One day shortly thereafter I was staying at my gentleman's house and, applying my makeup, I realized I didn't have any e/s base with me. Finding my former concealer in my travel kit and remembering how dry it was, I used it on my eyelids. Viola! The peachy color perked up my dark lids and held my shadow all day. I was thrilled, and this has been part of my daily routine for a couple of months. If you wish to lighten your eyelid area use one of the lighter shades - peachy Fair works so well for this. Now, I have very hooded eyes and, in truth, the last thing I need is to add light to my puffy crease-to-brow area! So it came to me - try a darker shade, duh! So I did, and I love it! Using the lighter shade, my dark eye area was even-colored but I certainly needed to wear a shadow to recede my hooded areas. Now, using the deep shade, my eye area is even-colored, looks smooth, and it appears that I'm wearing a neutral mid-tone matte eyeshadow! Brilliant! If I want to add just liner and mascara my eyes look great! But if I wish to add contour, shimmer, etc. I have a great base to work from. So very pleased with this! Do try it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No