December 22, 2014 | 1257 users online

Highlighters - NYX - Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator - Sunbeam

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by deadmap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is definitely not a holy grail illuminator for me. I've had better results with a cream highlighter. I think the problem may be due to it's heavily pink-toned base and the shimmery particles showing up stronger than the actual pigment of the illuminator.

It's best to use this make up mixed with foundation for me. I don't use it on my cheeks because it tends to cast a pink-ish glow that doesn't mix well with the rest of my nude-toned make up. I'll use it mixed with my foundation and will update if I like this any better in the next few weeks, but I've already been experimenting with ways to use it and that is the only one that works for me.

For the price, it was a good bargain. I purchased this on sale for $7 and wouldn't pay any cent more than that. I know that some drugstore illuminators sell for ridiculous amounts of money and I'm not sure I would ever try them at full price, for fear that they may replicate this product's effects.

If you're interested in trying this, then do so. I've applied cream highlighter all over my face before foundation (sparingly, of course) and it has given me a glow that I love. It's a good tip to try before investing in this, unless your skin is pink-toned and might go really well with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by lipstickthespian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually thought it was the liquid pink highlighter I had been searching for. Not so. When I got home and used it, I noticed it was a little bit of liquid and a whole lot of GLITTER! I had already put some on my cheekbones when I noticed that I looked like a Lisa Frank pencil case.
NYX products are actually are a good price and are well packaged, but since I can't use this product I only gave one lippie for these categories.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by KirstenD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was an impulse buy for me since I was considering getting a highlighter for my 50's Sock-Hop Halloween costume. Every time I unscrew the cap, the product won't stop coming out! It's as if someone squeezed it and now all the product is coming out at once. I liked the idea of it but I don't know if I can really wear it. Maybe I'm not applying it correctly but it just doesn't look right on me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This did not work for me at all. I purchased in both Sunbeam and Gleam (the only two shades available) on the recommendation of an Ulta sales gal when I was looking to add to my highlighter collection. It didn't sit right on my dry skin, was really obvious in that it was too shimmery, and came off a lot more dry looking than dewy. This really reminded me of Benefit's High Beam, which I also don't like. So if you like HB try this one as a more affordable dupe.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by mysteriousminds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an okay product. It's definitely too sparkly on it's own, but when I mix a drop or two with my foundation, it gives me an actual glow instead of oily shine, which is great! However, when used alone, it is too sparkly and doesn't last more than an hour or so. Also, it is too expensive for it's limited use and size (about $8-$10 US dollars).

Pros: Good formula, mixes well with foundation

Cons: Too much money for such a small bottle, a bit too sparkly for alone usage

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first, I wasn't really sure what to do with this. I actually don't know why I even bought it in the first place but I think the NYX website was having a sale and I was intrigued by this product. In the beginning, I used it to mix into my foundation and it was okay, the sparkles weren't too noticeable unless I really stuck my head in front of the mirror and look at myself. But it didn't really make any difference in brightening my skin. Then after I've purchased an ELF small stipple brush, I used that to apply the product over my cheekbones as a highlighter and I found it more manageable to use. I would squeeze some on the back of my hand, spread it around with my finger and then stipple some on my brush and then stipple my cheekbones. The stippling process helps to disperse the sparkles so that it just leaves a nice glistening sheen on the high points of my face. I've been using this product ever since in this way and I like the results it gives. Overall, however, I don't think I would repurchase because I prefer to use powder highlights

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by troo12

As many of the reviews have already stated, there are definite sparkles in this. I originally wanted to use it on my cheekbones but there are a ton of sparkles! It also dries very quickly so you have to rub it in immediately after applying. No delay! Since I don't want to waste it, I use it for my eyelids and sometimes dab a little on my lips to add some "sparkle" to my lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My local CVS just got their NYX products in, and I was so excited about this illuminator when I saw it. I bought this, got in my car, squeezed a tiny amount on the back of my hand, rubbed it in, and returned it immediately. This stuff is nothing but pure sparkles. If you want an illuminator that simply makes your face sparkly, there are cheaper and better options. But I reckon that unless you're doing a halloween/cosplay makeup or you're 12, you probably won't want sparkles on your face. That's all this is. Not impressed, NYX!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by AlyaAbdel

I love this illuminator! It's just sparkly enough to make you look awake and refreshed, as well as highlighting your features. I don't like it so much on my nose as much as on my cheekbones, though. I feel like it's a bit much on my nose. Overall, a great product for a great price!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by katiebev

Whoa! So many sparkles in this and very quick to dry! Returning this for sure- it is not what I expected.