September 17, 2014 | 1761 users online

Highlighters - NYX - Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator - Sunbeam

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This did not work for me at all. I purchased in both Sunbeam and Gleam (the only two shades available) on the recommendation of an Ulta sales gal when I was looking to add to my highlighter collection. It didn't sit right on my dry skin, was really obvious in that it was too shimmery, and came off a lot more dry looking than dewy. This really reminded me of Benefit's High Beam, which I also don't like. So if you like HB try this one as a more affordable dupe.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by mysteriousminds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an okay product. It's definitely too sparkly on it's own, but when I mix a drop or two with my foundation, it gives me an actual glow instead of oily shine, which is great! However, when used alone, it is too sparkly and doesn't last more than an hour or so. Also, it is too expensive for it's limited use and size (about $8-$10 US dollars).

Pros: Good formula, mixes well with foundation

Cons: Too much money for such a small bottle, a bit too sparkly for alone usage

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first, I wasn't really sure what to do with this. I actually don't know why I even bought it in the first place but I think the NYX website was having a sale and I was intrigued by this product. In the beginning, I used it to mix into my foundation and it was okay, the sparkles weren't too noticeable unless I really stuck my head in front of the mirror and look at myself. But it didn't really make any difference in brightening my skin. Then after I've purchased an ELF small stipple brush, I used that to apply the product over my cheekbones as a highlighter and I found it more manageable to use. I would squeeze some on the back of my hand, spread it around with my finger and then stipple some on my brush and then stipple my cheekbones. The stippling process helps to disperse the sparkles so that it just leaves a nice glistening sheen on the high points of my face. I've been using this product ever since in this way and I like the results it gives. Overall, however, I don't think I would repurchase because I prefer to use powder highlights

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by troo12

As many of the reviews have already stated, there are definite sparkles in this. I originally wanted to use it on my cheekbones but there are a ton of sparkles! It also dries very quickly so you have to rub it in immediately after applying. No delay! Since I don't want to waste it, I use it for my eyelids and sometimes dab a little on my lips to add some "sparkle" to my lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My local CVS just got their NYX products in, and I was so excited about this illuminator when I saw it. I bought this, got in my car, squeezed a tiny amount on the back of my hand, rubbed it in, and returned it immediately. This stuff is nothing but pure sparkles. If you want an illuminator that simply makes your face sparkly, there are cheaper and better options. But I reckon that unless you're doing a halloween/cosplay makeup or you're 12, you probably won't want sparkles on your face. That's all this is. Not impressed, NYX!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by AlyaAbdel

I love this illuminator! It's just sparkly enough to make you look awake and refreshed, as well as highlighting your features. I don't like it so much on my nose as much as on my cheekbones, though. I feel like it's a bit much on my nose. Overall, a great product for a great price!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by katiebev

Whoa! So many sparkles in this and very quick to dry! Returning this for sure- it is not what I expected.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good makeup for an 11 year old. Yes it gives a sheen to your cheekbones but along with that glitter/sparkles. Honestly what person over the age of 17 wants sparkles on their cheekbones. People who like this must not be paying attention or something because to me the sparkles are really obvious!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by GraceMcC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product because of the great price and the easy packaging but I absolutely hated this product. The color was a beautiful pale sunlit pink but instead of containing a fine shimmer, this highlighted contained chunky, silvery glitter. Maybe I had a bad bottle but I definitely would not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by kristifisher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

WARNING : GLITTERBOMB!!!!
I reached for this instead of using my usual, high beam, and boy did i regret that!! there was so much glitter in it I had to wipe all my face make up off and start fresh! And its not even fine glitter, its big, silver chunks!
Packaging and price are good, but the product itself sucks and I will not be repurchasing, and will more than likely be throwing this one in the garbage.