NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator - Sunbeam

2.6

Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Mica, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, C9-11 Pareth-6, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzophenone-3, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492).

I just wasted 8 bucks. I wanted a pearly looking highlight. I was looking for a nice shimmer, which it does deliver, along with tons of glitter. I'm pissed. Why would they sneak that in? It, like the NYX lip liner I bought in vanilla Sky when I wanted a nude pinkish liner and got a reflective color were both sealed so you can't do anything but trust the outside of the package, and both times now I've been let down. The only time I'd ever wear this much glitter would be at a rave. And I don't get around like that much anymore. My first two products from this brand and both were failures. I think I'm done with nyx.

This was a disappointment. I love the soft pink shade but it disappears and leaves a streak of glitter behind. So artificial looking. I want to glow not sparkle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Really awesome highlighter for my cheeks and bridge of my nose. I was really hesitant to purchase based on reviews, but CVS was having a BOGO half off! If it didn't work, they have an awesome return policy. I didn't get the glitterati like the other reviews. Just a nice luminosity. I have very fair neutral skin and this silvery white sheen looks beautiful. Love the easy packaging that's travel friendly.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This highlighter doesn't do much besides leave a bunch of chunky glitter on my face. It doesn't highlight anything! I used this as a cruelty-free dupe of Benefit High Beam and it doesn't perform. It doesn't lighten any area of my face and looks awful paired with a bronzer. It's just a glitter bomb. Needless to say the glitter stays on all day. I'm really disappointed in this product.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I haven't seen what this looks like in the day/direct sunlight yet, but if that changes my opinion I'll be sure to update my review.

I really love this illuminator. it's stupid shimmery and very cool toned and looks very natural on my fair skin in spite of the conspicuous glitter. I would like to note, however, that I find it a bit pricy for the quality - the lasting power isn't great and the glitter tends to travel as the day goes on. but you don't need much product for a single application...I'll have to see how long the tube lasts before I can decide whether or not it's worth the $7.50 I plunked down for it.

I haven't tried mixing this directly into foundation for an allover glow but I can't imagine that that would look great considering how glittery this stuff is. it's definitely not a frosty/duochrome-y highlight but a shimmery one with obvious glitter particles. I suggest applying it immediately after foundation due to the fact that it's a cream and will disrupt your powder products. overall I'm happy I got to add this to my collection!

edit 11/2/15: I think this looks just fine in direct sunlight. I've also found that it applies best with a sponge, and is muted greatly once set with face powder (translucent or otherwise). still happy with this purchase!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this highlighter in sunbeam and it really has disappointed me, it's too glittery. I decided to buy it because the swatch photos on the internet looked really nice and luminous but in real life it's just glitter :/ I regret not buying physician's formula perfect palette glow pearls ):

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

heard it was a dupe for benefit high beam, which i'm a huge fan of and was running out of. got ahold of this stuff to see if it really was and i was decently impressed, besides the fact that there is a metric shitton of glitter in it. if there wasn't actual glitter particles, i would love this stuff. but unfortunately, there is.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i'm not really a fan of this illuminator. it has a thick texture, which means it doesn't spread over the skin well. it also leaves microglitter on the skin, rather than a sheen. i've almost used it up, but i wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If you wanted to look like a guest on the Maury Povich Show, then buy this.

Too much sparkle / glitter.

This would be a near perfect dupe of Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone or the MAC Creme Colour Base in Shell, but there is flecks of larger uneven glitter.

Lasts considerably well, sets quick and even, able to rub to a medium sheer highlight (of course not to that of high end). Good for fair skinned.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i'm surprised by all the negative reviews on this; i actually really like this highlight. yes, it is glittery, but i love how sparkly and pretty it looks. if you use a small amount you can achieve a very subtle look with it. based on the other reviews i'm going to say that this stuff is only for people like me who love glitter! i took off a lippie because it's kind of tricky to blend this out. it tends to be sticky and go on streaky. but you get a really nice result. you can also mix it in with your foundation to get a less concentrated glow-y look.