NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator - Sunbeam

2.6

Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Mica, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, C9-11 Pareth-6, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzophenone-3, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492).

on 4/2/2015 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If you wanted to look like a guest on the Maury Povich Show, then buy this.

Too much sparkle / glitter.

This would be a near perfect dupe of Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone or the MAC Creme Colour Base in Shell, but there is flecks of larger uneven glitter.

Lasts considerably well, sets quick and even, able to rub to a medium sheer highlight (of course not to that of high end). Good for fair skinned.

on 3/24/2015 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i'm surprised by all the negative reviews on this; i actually really like this highlight. yes, it is glittery, but i love how sparkly and pretty it looks. if you use a small amount you can achieve a very subtle look with it. based on the other reviews i'm going to say that this stuff is only for people like me who love glitter! i took off a lippie because it's kind of tricky to blend this out. it tends to be sticky and go on streaky. but you get a really nice result. you can also mix it in with your foundation to get a less concentrated glow-y look.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was really on the fence about this one. I hated it originally but I like it better now. It's hard to apply and comes out kind of streaky but with a little practice, I've gotten the hang of it. I would prefer a highlighter stick but this works well enough. I love how it looks on my nose, subtle and shimmery, but for some reason it doesn't seem to show up on my cheekbones at all.

on 1/27/2015 10:32:00 PM

Everyone reviewing this illuminator is cracking me up!! Lisa Frank and Glitter Bomb are just some of the adjectives used to describe it 😂😭😂 I think that's a little dramatic personally lol.... Anyways, just an okay product. Not too impressed sadly, but I can make it work. I have it in Sunbeam: it's definitely pink-ish & has lots of sparkles. You only need a small amount first of all. My skin looks radiant when I mix a tiny drop into my foundation. Or I'll dab it onto my cheekbones after I've applied foundation. It truly needs to be blended well into the skin & layered. That's when I find the most beautiful effect. It's not for everyone. The tube sucks. The price isn't cool either but I guess it'll last awhile if too much product doesn't come out the tube at one time. It's so so but I expect more from you NYX!!

on 1/21/2015 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this illuminator it's nice and pigmented. Perfect glow.

on 12/11/2014 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely not a holy grail illuminator for me. I've had better results with a cream highlighter. I think the problem may be due to it's heavily pink-toned base and the shimmery particles showing up stronger than the actual pigment of the illuminator.

It's best to use this make up mixed with foundation for me. I don't use it on my cheeks because it tends to cast a pink-ish glow that doesn't mix well with the rest of my nude-toned make up. I'll use it mixed with my foundation and will update if I like this any better in the next few weeks, but I've already been experimenting with ways to use it and that is the only one that works for me.

For the price, it was a good bargain. I purchased this on sale for $7 and wouldn't pay any cent more than that. I know that some drugstore illuminators sell for ridiculous amounts of money and I'm not sure I would ever try them at full price, for fear that they may replicate this product's effects.

If you're interested in trying this, then do so. I've applied cream highlighter all over my face before foundation (sparingly, of course) and it has given me a glow that I love. It's a good tip to try before investing in this, unless your skin is pink-toned and might go really well with it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I actually thought it was the liquid pink highlighter I had been searching for. Not so. When I got home and used it, I noticed it was a little bit of liquid and a whole lot of GLITTER! I had already put some on my cheekbones when I noticed that I looked like a Lisa Frank pencil case.
NYX products are actually are a good price and are well packaged, but since I can't use this product I only gave one lippie for these categories.

on 11/16/2014 3:04:00 PM

This was an impulse buy for me since I was considering getting a highlighter for my 50's Sock-Hop Halloween costume. Every time I unscrew the cap, the product won't stop coming out! It's as if someone squeezed it and now all the product is coming out at once. I liked the idea of it but I don't know if I can really wear it. Maybe I'm not applying it correctly but it just doesn't look right on me.

on 7/15/2014 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This did not work for me at all. I purchased in both Sunbeam and Gleam (the only two shades available) on the recommendation of an Ulta sales gal when I was looking to add to my highlighter collection. It didn't sit right on my dry skin, was really obvious in that it was too shimmery, and came off a lot more dry looking than dewy. This really reminded me of Benefit's High Beam, which I also don't like. So if you like HB try this one as a more affordable dupe.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is an okay product. It's definitely too sparkly on it's own, but when I mix a drop or two with my foundation, it gives me an actual glow instead of oily shine, which is great! However, when used alone, it is too sparkly and doesn't last more than an hour or so. Also, it is too expensive for it's limited use and size (about $8-$10 US dollars).

Pros: Good formula, mixes well with foundation

Cons: Too much money for such a small bottle, a bit too sparkly for alone usage