December 20, 2014 | 1554 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Tolerance Extreme Anti-irritating Soothing Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by skjultlys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i have a normal/combination sensitive skin. it is also very prone to acne. i used this cream in the winter when my skin was quite dry due to benzolyn peroxide treatment. in the first 2 weeks everything was ok, my skin calmed down thanks to this moisturizer. after that suddenly red blemishes without white head appeared under my skin. it was surely due to this product. if you are prone to acne, i wouldnt recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by SummerGlow

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The new packaging on this product is hard to use. It's hard to squeeze out of the tube.The old one was fine. This cream is for very dry skin. I can't wear it under makeup because my makeup breaks up and makes the pores huge. This makes a nice night cream. I put it everywhere on my face including eyes. It makes the perfect eye cream.Warm it in your hands before using. I wouldn't put any serums underneatha because this is very thick and heavy and seals moisture into your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by DeniseLSmith09

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product - not fond of the tube as you can't get the last of the product out when almost empty - had to cut the tube to expose the remaining product. Leaves skin soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Wentland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

First, my skin kinda of change of type every season. In summer its combination: T-zone oily, acne-prone and the rest normal; in winter its mostly dry. But the region around my mouth its always a little dry and sensitive, its my stress-o-meter: it gets red, itchy, it peels and everything. I tried a lot of products, but they did everything but solve my problem, until I got this one. The first time I used it , the change was visible, really! It doesn't smell (yay!), I really like its texture (foam-like) and the soothing feeling that I get when I put it on. As for the package, I like it a lot! Its really hygienic and I can control the quantity I want better than normal packages, because of its kind-of-like-a-foam texture goes along with the package type.
Now I use it a lot in my entire face (not only on the redness-sensitive area) including eye contour, when its needing some moisturizing (mostly just PM)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by blacky219

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Normally I am a fan of Avene products. I use Avene everyday for my skincare, day and night.

But I am so disappointed with this product.
The new "hygienic" package is nothing but trouble.
You need to squeeze pretty hard to get the cream out and once it starts, you cannot really control the amount at all. And it gets even more difficult when the tube is getting empty.
I spilled more than 1/3 of the product thanks to this package. And often it pops off my hands onto the floor when I try to squeeze cream out, so how hygienic is that?

The cream itself is not so bad. But not so good either.
It hydrates enough but leaves some sort of white string on my face, so I have to scrap them off every time before I put my makeup on.

I may stick to some products of Avene still despite their useless client support, but this product is a definite no no for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by pneggy

So my love of creams and lotions led to me to by the Supergoop! Sunscreen. This led to some sort of chemical burn on my face with lots of little bumps on the face which then led to dry scaly skin and my face is now in the red and peeling phase.

I bought this cream as even my Elizabeth Arden 8 hour Skin Protectant seem to be failing. It was on offer 3 for 2 at boots today.

This is cream is great, hydrating, soothing non irritating and sinks in like a dream!

I would recommend. Not sure how much I'll like it once my skin goes back to normal, but for now it is fantastic and I think if I ever have issues like the one I've been experiencing recently I'll go back to this cream.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not sure what I am missing here, but so far this product is a bit of a dud for me. First off, the packaging leaves much to be desired. The cap is rather cheap and half-way broke off the first time I tried to open it. I like the concept, but it often dispenses way more than I need for my entire face and the rest goes to waste on my hands. Normally this would not bother me, but this stuff is pricey.

This cream is very rich and seems like it would be very nice for irritated/dry/dehydrated skin, but even when I apply it on damp skin, it does not sink in very well and leaves quite a bit of shine and oily residue that has to be blotted off. Again, somewhat wasteful and obnoxious. I have very sensitive/reactive skin that is also very clog prone and cannot use most of the moisturizers on the market due to their fatty alcohol content or inclusion of irritants. On paper this looks like a great solution and luckily it does not irritate my skin or clog me up, but unfortunately I just can't seem to find a compromise with it and so the search continues. I'll use it up, but will not re-order.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by valby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have rosacea with severe flushing and acne, when not under control. This is the only moisturiser that doesn't increase redness or sting when applied. Has helped me to heal my skin barrier. Have used twice a day for over 12 months and I pray they never discontinue. True HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by SL2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this cream. My skin is sensitive, oily and clog/acne prone, the skin around my eyes and mouth is dry, while the skin on my neck is prone to a red, scaly rash. This cream, with it's minimalistic formula, solves all of those issues. I use it as a very moisturising eye cream, around my mouth and nasolabial lines, on my cheeks and neck. It's the only cream I have now - no clogging and no rashes, which for me is amazing. I use Skinoren in the morning for acne/pigmentation and although I useful use it neat on my chin and nose, sometimes I dilute it with the Avene cream on the rest of my face if I'm dehydrated .
The only thing I don't like is the packaging, which can release too much product after a while. However, I will continue to repurchase as this is a minor problem compared to clogs/acne and irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product totally saved my skin, it made such a huge difference.
I've been a product junkie for more than 20 years and I tried every kind of cream, toner or serum with only the occasional minor problem now & then.
The last months however my skin was very very upset: redness and breakouts, dry patches and heavy shine on my t-zone. I was desperate until I decided to give up my sophisticated routine of cleansers, exfoliants, serums etc.
I started a strict regime of Avène Thermal Water before and after moisturizing with this Soothing Cream. Make-up removal happens quickly with Bioderma Sensibio H2O. I also stopped using tap water to wash my face, thermal water works better (if you take a shower, spritz the water immediately after).
Et voilà, welcome back normal, good looking skin!
I learned that when skin is irritated, it can produce all symptoms of "bad" skin, so first thing to do is to calm it down to make a lot of problems disappear.
I can seriously recommend this toned-down regime to everyone suffering from difficult skin, especially if you're changing climates, when you think your skin got overdosed on cosmetics, when you're pregnant or in any situation where skin acts upset. It's best to do this at least 2 month before - gently - returning to a more elaborate routine, if you ever wish to do so again, that is.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No