Avene Tolerance Extreme Anti-irritating Soothing Cream

Avene thermal water 57%; glycerin; mineral oil (paraffinum liquidum); squalane; carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil; cyclomethicone; glyceryl stearate; sodium carbomer; titanium dioxide. No perfume, no preservatives, no emulsifier, no alcohol. Hypoallergenic, non comedogenic, sterile, physiological (i.e. same as skin) pH.

on 7/23/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I found this product after days of research on the Internet. I have the most sensitive, allergic and acnegenic skin and the only moisturizer I could use on my face for the last 8 yrs was LRP Toleriane Fluide which is recently discontinued. This Avene product has also minimal Formula with only 10 ingredients, only Richer and a lot more moisturizing than my former moisturizer. I had no adverse effects, really comfortable using this product. Unlike the LRP Toleriane Ultra that is marketed instead of Fluide, this never broke me out or caused any of the irritations. The cap that most people here complain about is really no big deal, it is great for hygenic use and you can Balance the amount of cream you want to get out, it's not Rocket science. I only pray this product won't be discontinued because there is really no other product on the market that I can use. Holly Grail!

Edit: The container cap is the worst idea ever. Wasted most of the cream because it squirted more than i needed and it's Impressive t get it back in. I get tense literally every time i squeeze the tube.

on 5/6/2015 4:57:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I always am very dry and sort of flaky around the eyes (eyelids and where you usually have bags), so my dermatologist suggested me this cream.

Well, now I am once again with the border of my eyelids all puffed up from allergic reaction, and I'll have to use again cortisone for DAYS to calm it down.

Most definitely I won't buy it again.

on 11/17/2014 12:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i have a normal/combination sensitive skin. it is also very prone to acne. i used this cream in the winter when my skin was quite dry due to benzolyn peroxide treatment. in the first 2 weeks everything was ok, my skin calmed down thanks to this moisturizer. after that suddenly red blemishes without white head appeared under my skin. it was surely due to this product. if you are prone to acne, i wouldnt recommend this product.

on 9/17/2014 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The new packaging on this product is hard to use. It's hard to squeeze out of the tube.The old one was fine. This cream is for very dry skin. I can't wear it under makeup because my makeup breaks up and makes the pores huge. This makes a nice night cream. I put it everywhere on my face including eyes. It makes the perfect eye cream.Warm it in your hands before using. I wouldn't put any serums underneatha because this is very thick and heavy and seals moisture into your skin.

Love this product - not fond of the tube as you can't get the last of the product out when almost empty - had to cut the tube to expose the remaining product. Leaves skin soft!

on 4/19/2013 2:30:00 AM

First, my skin kinda of change of type every season. In summer its combination: T-zone oily, acne-prone and the rest normal; in winter its mostly dry. But the region around my mouth its always a little dry and sensitive, its my stress-o-meter: it gets red, itchy, it peels and everything. I tried a lot of products, but they did everything but solve my problem, until I got this one. The first time I used it , the change was visible, really! It doesn't smell (yay!), I really like its texture (foam-like) and the soothing feeling that I get when I put it on. As for the package, I like it a lot! Its really hygienic and I can control the quantity I want better than normal packages, because of its kind-of-like-a-foam texture goes along with the package type.
Now I use it a lot in my entire face (not only on the redness-sensitive area) including eye contour, when its needing some moisturizing (mostly just PM)

on 3/27/2013 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Normally I am a fan of Avene products. I use Avene everyday for my skincare, day and night.

But I am so disappointed with this product.
The new "hygienic" package is nothing but trouble.
You need to squeeze pretty hard to get the cream out and once it starts, you cannot really control the amount at all. And it gets even more difficult when the tube is getting empty.
I spilled more than 1/3 of the product thanks to this package. And often it pops off my hands onto the floor when I try to squeeze cream out, so how hygienic is that?

The cream itself is not so bad. But not so good either.
It hydrates enough but leaves some sort of white string on my face, so I have to scrap them off every time before I put my makeup on.

I may stick to some products of Avene still despite their useless client support, but this product is a definite no no for me.

on 3/12/2013 5:01:00 PM

So my love of creams and lotions led to me to by the Supergoop! Sunscreen. This led to some sort of chemical burn on my face with lots of little bumps on the face which then led to dry scaly skin and my face is now in the red and peeling phase.

I bought this cream as even my Elizabeth Arden 8 hour Skin Protectant seem to be failing. It was on offer 3 for 2 at boots today.

This is cream is great, hydrating, soothing non irritating and sinks in like a dream!

I would recommend. Not sure how much I'll like it once my skin goes back to normal, but for now it is fantastic and I think if I ever have issues like the one I've been experiencing recently I'll go back to this cream.

on 2/2/2013 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Not sure what I am missing here, but so far this product is a bit of a dud for me. First off, the packaging leaves much to be desired. The cap is rather cheap and half-way broke off the first time I tried to open it. I like the concept, but it often dispenses way more than I need for my entire face and the rest goes to waste on my hands. Normally this would not bother me, but this stuff is pricey.

This cream is very rich and seems like it would be very nice for irritated/dry/dehydrated skin, but even when I apply it on damp skin, it does not sink in very well and leaves quite a bit of shine and oily residue that has to be blotted off. Again, somewhat wasteful and obnoxious. I have very sensitive/reactive skin that is also very clog prone and cannot use most of the moisturizers on the market due to their fatty alcohol content or inclusion of irritants. On paper this looks like a great solution and luckily it does not irritate my skin or clog me up, but unfortunately I just can't seem to find a compromise with it and so the search continues. I'll use it up, but will not re-order.

on 1/19/2013 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have rosacea with severe flushing and acne, when not under control. This is the only moisturiser that doesn't increase redness or sting when applied. Has helped me to heal my skin barrier. Have used twice a day for over 12 months and I pray they never discontinue. True HG.

Popular Treatments (Face)