CeraVe Therapeutic Hand Cream

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1% w/w). Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Cyclomethicone and Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate and Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone and Hexyl Laurate, Sodium Chloride, Niacinamide, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

on 2/20/2015 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this for a week for my dry as dust hands. I have a dry skin condition, My moisture glands have or are atrophied. This winter my hands have been sore, skin cracking, not as glam as I make it out to be.
I just don't think this is doing much good, no harm but not much good. The face cream in the big tub was a bust for my hands and face, left me feeling oddly drier.

I think I've stumped Cerave, I'm the worst case scenario though so maybe that's why? I'll finish the tube and update if need be.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Reading the rave reviews about CeraVe, I ran downstairs from my office to the drug store to grab a tube of this. Wow, the price! About $18 Cdn, however I do think you get what you pay for. I must say, compared to all the other brands I tested in the drug store - this is the least liquid and boy does it have staying power. I can feel it working, it has coated my hands so yes if you were touch the top of my hands you would feel the product, but I used probably more than I should. What I love about this is that I used more than I should: in other words, you pay a lot, but a little goes a long way - a dime sized amount is sufficient. And the feel is gorgeous. My hands are not itchy and my skin feels very soothed. Yes I will use this sparingly, but regularly, through the long harsh Canadian winter to keep my hands baby soft. Glad I read the rave MUA reviews! PLUS: PLEASE NOTE according to Beautypedia CeraVe IS NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

on 8/11/2014 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I found soime pros and cons when using this hand cream, but ultimately I will use up my tube but not rebuy.
Pros:
- Packaging in tube is hygienic and practical
- Very faintly scented
- Non greasy, non sticky
- Good protective barrier for hands
Cons:
- Price on the higher end
- Not really moisturizing
- Not repairing, healing or even nourishing
Overall:
This is not a bad product but I found its name "Therapeutic "led me to believe this is a nourishing hand cream with repair properties, which it is not. It works well as a barrier between hand washings so I have used it during the day when I was out and about. This is not product that I would use in the evening before going to bed in order to wake up with soft smooth hands. It is just not rich enough for that purpose.

on 6/9/2014 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I gave this a try because it was something new from CeraVe and I had a really good coupon I didn't want to waste. I'm glad I purchased because this little drugstore gem really moisturizes without being greasy and contains great ingredients like ceramides, niacinamide and hylauronic acid. I'm giving this 4/5 stars, however, because it's priced like a facial moisturizer.

on 11/8/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Being a long time cerave gentle cleanser user, instinctively I had to give this a try. I enjoyed it and though it was a spectacular product. I like this a lot along with one of the reckon hand cleansers. Both I highly recommend.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I am loving this hand cream at the moment. It moisturizes without being greasy or leaving a film on my skin. My hands feel moisturized even after I wash them. It doesn't bother my excema prone hands, in fact I think that it even helps to keep the ezcema at bay. If my hands are really dry at night I will mix this cream with a few drops of Tarte Maracuja Oil and my hands are happy. A def. repurchase. The only down side is that it's a little expensive.

on 5/19/2013 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had tried this before but wasn't wowed by it so I had stuck it in my closet and forgot about it. I have dishydrotic eczema on my hands that has been very hard to control over the past several months. This week I was having a particularly bad flare and was lucky enough to have the derm work me in the same day. She prescribed a very strong steroid cream (which kind of scares me since they make you more sun sensitive and it's summer) and told me to start using Cerave hand cream at least twice a day or every time I wash my hands. I've been using this cream several times a day since Tuesday and the bumps are almost completely gone! I haven't even used the steroid cream at all.

This cream isn't greasy or heavy and it does stay on. After washing, my hands still feel really soft instead of cracked and dry. I'm so glad my derm recommended this and I'm so glad not to have to use the steroid cream, at least for now.