August 23, 2014 | 1008 users online

Fragrances - Jo Malone - Bitter Orange & Chocolate

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This goes on smelling like chocolate scented markers and a hint of orange hard candy and dries down to chocolate scented markers on my skin. It has exactly that musky, chemical-y chocolate and almost honeyed, creamy sweetness that you get from scented markers. Gives me a headache, unfortunately :(.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by biscuits8gravy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my favorite from the Sugar and Spice collection. I also purchased the currant and cream, but find myself reaching for this one far more often. I find I only need a couple of strategic spritzes otherwise it is a little overpowering. I am a little disappointed that the orange note in this disappears so quickly, but I do find the dry down to be milky and cozy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fell completely head over heels in love with this fragrance (and bought a backup bottle since it's limited-edition, unfortunately). When I first spritz it on I get a whiff of equal parts orange and chocolate - both of which are lovely and fairly subtle - and then it dries down to a wonderfully sweet, but not full-on foody, scent. There must be something else in there that makes the chocolate and orange harmonize so well and actually work with my chemistry, but I'm not sure what it is. Since it's not heavy (despite the chocolate note) it's a perfect scent for transitioning into spring. Oh, and if it makes you hungry, check out Theo Orange 70% Dark Chocolate bar - it's the edible equivalent of this perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

Some people love gourmand scents and other hate them. So I'll start by saying I am a gourmand girl, liking fragrances that contain things like vanilla or citrus or raspberry. I am also a Jo Malone fan, and I have several other JM colognes and I do layer them. Some of her other fragrances that I really love are: Black Vetyver Cafe, Blue Agave & Cacao, Grapefruit, and the limited edition Mint Leaf (no longer available). Jo introduced Bitter Orange & Chocolate along with several other tea-and-scone-themed scents, and this is my favorite from that collection. The orange is light and invigorating, and the chocolate is a dark semi-sweet chocolate, not too sugary. I've worn it alone and have also layered it with some of the other scents such as English Pear and Freesia. I hope it stays as part of her regular line. Chocolate is a note that is hard to get right in fragrance, and I think she's done a smashing job here.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by jenryan82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this scent. I never thought I would have a chocolate scent as most of them don't go well my body chemistry.

Something about the notes in this blends so well. It starts smelling like an orange-chocolate candy and then dries down to something akin to orange, chocolate, and honey if that makes sense.

It last all day. I don't need to keep an atomizer in purse fo this perfume.

I wish that it were permanent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

From the Sugar & Spice LE perfumes. I have to say I am not as impressed as I had expected. This one fades very fast, and leaves a faint milk chocolate scent. Very flat & boring, I prefer Chocolovers. Probably returning, I don't recommend buying online without testing in person. Update:I did in fact return this bottle today. A little sad to see it go as I love chocolate scents,and the orange influence really is lovely. This just does not last,not up to par for the price.