September 19, 2014 | 1969 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by jagorkarinte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product. I use chemical peels at home every 4 days (glycolic/lactic and salicylic acid interchangeably) and this cream is the only product that keeps my skin smooth and without dry patches. It is VERY rich and comes in a small tube, but since I use it only occasionally it's definitely worth the price. It's also perfect to put under your nose after a cold or when your skin is sore. It doesn't break me out and I have very acne-prone skin (thus the peels). However, for my everyday moisturizer I use Dermalogica Active Moist.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first Avene product.

The packaging makes me feel so fancy, it's kind of in a really nice metal tube. I had to ask my husband how to open it cause i'm a dummy--the top of the lid can be turned around to poke the top of the spout on the tube. Pretty neat.

It smells fantastic. Also makes you feel really fancy. But I'm not sure how I feel on the product. My skin has a whole slew of issues--including redness, inflammation and being easily irritated with rosacea.

Application sucks. I suspect because of the beeswax it's pretty waxy going on. I kind of hate putting it on cause it feels like I have to use more effort/force to get it smooth. But it soaks in nicely,

I think Avene uses some sort of orange oil for fragrance? I'm not 100% but I suspect that's why my rosacea flares just a bit. Citrus is usually a cause behind redness, and citrus in general is bad for skin but I figured it was just a bit for fragrance so I bought the cold cream anyway. It's bearable but one of my skin priorities is reducing and preventing redness.

To be honest, because of the orange oil I suspect they use for fragrance I probably won't buy any more Avene. I'm still some what eyeing another product, I can't decide if I'll try it or not now.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by wendyyee

I had itchy, dry and reddish-looking skin patches after trying out a new cleanser from another brand. So, I decided to try Cold Cream. Initially, upon application, the product didn't get absorbed quickly and the surface of my skin looked oily and sticky. Amazingly, after 2-3 hours in an air-conditioned room, the product was absorbed and most of the red patches on my skin was almost gone. I would not use it during the day as it makes my face look really oily and since the temperature in my country is hot and humid during the day it would be difficult for the cream to get absorbed. But I would use it as a night cream for the dry patches on my skin. Anyway, what matters is that the product really works for dry irritated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by thejacks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is just a great product for easily irritated and dry skin. I use it alone or with the Cicalfate Cream depending on how my skin feels. Makeup goes on smoothly and skin stays dewy but not oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by SunnyLouisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this cream. It's great for sensitive skin like mine and it helps to sooth my inflamed skin when i'm out in the skin. It's cooling and refreshing and I love the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by lilmissprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cream is very rich and it takes some time to sink in but it can soothe eczema. I only use it when eczema starts to flare up. it adds moisture to the skin and can prevent my eczema from further development.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For someone who has severely chapped lips, this product is a god send. I apply it at night and it keeps my lips moisturized and silk for the next day. It is a thicker sticky consistency so wearing it during the day is an option but it's not for everybody. It is a little expensive, but I think it is worth it because no other chapstick/balm works for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Dendaria

I like it:)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Yucks. Break me out.
You are officially banished to hell.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by chelsialee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I have rosacea and eczema on my face, it helps to soften dry hard skin when i'm on medication on oral steroid for my face eczema where the facial skin to dry and flaky but free of bumps. However when my medication wears off, the cold cream isn't of much help and makes my eczema bumps more clogged and itchy(my eczema usually land on the butterfly area of the face and gets really bumpy and red). But it is good for a 5mins face mask while showering where it prevent the tightness of the skin, i'll repurchase and use it as a mask. Currently trying
Trixéra+ Selectiose Emollient cream as read many review on MUP. will do a review once my medication is over to be more accurate. Good luck and don't give up!