August 22, 2014 | 912 users online

Powder - Clinique - Even Better Compact Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by ustico

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like Clinique products because they don't break me out and are mostly effective. This foundation has good coverage and cream to powder compact is extremely convenient. Just be sure to exfoliate regularly. The range of shades assures just about anyone a good match.

Now for my rant. And it's not so much directed at Clinique but all cosmetic companies. I don't know what ingredient (could it be sunscreen?) that they are putting in new foundation formulas that make them sit on top of the skin and amplify flaws in natural or fluorescent light. I ran across an almost full compact of the old City Base foundation in my arsenal. This product must be nearly 8 years old and it was perfectly fine. Being summer, the shade was a great match so I started using it. When I compared my face in photos with the City Base versus newer foundations - Even Better, Bobbi Brown Even finish, I was horrified. The newer versions leave a corpse-like cast to skin while the City Base looked completely natural. I've had a similar experience with liquid foundations - so I wouldn't say it's the cream to powder formula.

I'm on the hunt for an old-school formula. And I'm writing directly to Clinique to beg them to switch back to whatever was working so well before.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

HG foundation. Absolutely in love

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by mayaengland

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Based on negative rewievs I don't belive they are for new 2013 version of this product.
This new Clinique Even Better Compact Makeup SPF15 ( release in March 2013) is absolutetely amazing!!!!! After 20 years I finally found my Holly Grail... Suprisingly after years of using liquid foundation, it's turn out that my favourite one is in compact!!!! Girls just go to the cosmetic counter and buy it! You have to try this fantastic makeup! It will give you perfect coverage ( light, medium or full- it depend on how hard you would sweep the creme with your sponge ). This makeup is not cakey at all, doesn't oxydise. It is not too matte, not too glowy. It is just right! Absolutely perfect! Colour range is huge.
There is only one thing you need to remember. Don't judge colour by what you see in the box. On the skin it looks totally different. So you have to try it on your face. I'm using Creme Chamois colour which is describe as product for Very Fair skin with golden undertones. And it is just great, not to light because I consider myself as a light to medium fair, and it is not to golden, it still has some pink undertones. It looks just natural. And no breakout at all after using this 2 months now. Just please remember to remove it corectlly in the evening. I'm on Oil Cleansing Method now ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and it works wonderfull.
And I need to say that: Thank you so much Clinique! My search for perfect foundation is finally finished!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by eefenglim

Hmm, surprisingly this product has so many negative reviews. But it suit me and i love it! The powder just blend naturally into my skin, making my skin tone brighter and flawless. I love this powder so much. What i normally do is just apply this powder and finish off with clinique blusher. Then i am ready to go! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunci

I wanted to like it. If you have a normal or dry complexion you would probably love it. I did see an improvement in skin tone after two weeks or so, but the serum in it was greasy! Coverage was great (didn't settle in to pores, not cakey)but not worth having to blot my forehead all day. Packaging is too flimsy and the clasp literally fell off. I kept it on my counter for two weeks(not knocking around in my bag) so it is a bit of a poor design. Didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Sured20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Im surprised to see so many negative reviews of this product. First off, i dont like make-up , esp foundation type stuff. i prefer to let my skin breath without any on. However, I have a problem with being sensitive to even the natural sunscreens which makes being outdoors very difficult since i have fair skin. This summer, I decided to try using a make up that contains sunscreen, hoping it might be a tad gentler and if not, at least it would be covering up. i found this in Sephora and I remember liking some of Cliniques products, so I decided to try it even though its about $35. I got the linen shade which works nicely for my skin tone. Packaging is a bit big with the makeup on one side and sponge on the other, but its not bad. This has spf 15 natural titanium dioxide sunscreen. It's a bit more liquid like in feel then i had hoped, but just using a little bit on the sponge and gently pressing, then blending on the skin, gives a powdery finish. Im happy with the coverage, and this make up has proven effective in terms of spf for walking around outdoors for a few hours at least. I wouldnt use it on the beach or for all day outdoor use since im so fair skinned. but its become my daily sunscreen this summer. i do find it gets a bit oily after a while, but I think thats typical of liquidy make ups, esp in warm weather. i wasnt expecting it to stay perfectly put for hours. You could touch it up w a powder if you wanted. All in all, Im pleased with this. i can go outside without a heavy greasy sunscreen on my face, my skin looks smooth and I dont get red.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by soulsucker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After having bad experience with Sephora 8 hr Matifying powder which turn orange on me, i thght why not try clinique, my skincare brand.
bght this powder warm sunny...and oh my...it oxidized badly again.powder was very light weight & mineral like. i think all these cosmetics company are changing their formula to copy bobbi brown or some mineral makeup out there! returning it for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by velvetgirl

I tried this compact and I was sooo happy to RETURN it. There was nothing that I liked about this makeup, it didn't even feel comfortable on my skin. Applying it wasn't the easiest thing and it's not the most sanitary design either. I was happy to go back to their Acne solutions foundation. Why did I even stray? It's my favorite foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i hated the texture of this stuff! it felt like i was rubbing crisco all over my face. this stuff is thick and greasy. but even though its thick, i still had to spend quite a bit of time building it up in order to get full coverage. i purchased this because i was looking for an oil free, fragrance free cream foundation. according to the S.A. this stuff is oil free but there is obviously some kind of greasy substance in it. in fact, when i opened it up, i saw beads of grease on top of it. the S.A. advised me not to set it with powder, she said that powder will just pull off most of the makeup. so i intended to wear it alone..but alone it gave me a shiny look. so i purchased the clinique powder to set it with. turns out the S.A. was right..after i applied the powder, i found that a lot of the foundation had been removed. im guessing due to the fact the foundation is so slippery and greasy. so what i had to do is wait about 30 minutes after applying the foundation to lightly dab on the powder which was very inconvenient. throughout the day i hated the feel of this stuff on my face..it felt heavy and like it was just sitting there on top of my skin. i couldnt wait to get home and wash it off! by mid day i was very oily and sweaty looking and the coverage started to fade. if you look at the reviews for this on the clinique website..you will see that almost everyone hates it and now i see why. this stuff is going back to the store asap. the only good thing i'd like to add is that the shade was a really good match for me. its usually hard to find my shade..i have medium brown skin with yellow undertones and the shade amber was a perfect match. other than that, i have nothing positive to say about this makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Combo, ultra-sensitive, very acne-prone skin. NC15-20/pale olive, Almay Buff, Revlon CS Buff, Lancome Teint Idole Buff 2 (W), MUFE HD 117

Kudos to Clinique on the color range with this one, Linen matched me great which was a surprise since that's usually my biggest problem with Clinique. I'm also glad to see they kept the packaging simple. Yes, it's a little bulky but it's not impossible to open so a 5 for that.

This, unfortunately, did not work for me. My skin is dehydrated and no amount of moisturizer under this would help with application. This was really quite difficult to apply, it has a silicone-y powdery feel to it and just would not stick to my skin. I tried a dry sponge, a damp sponge, three different brushes and my fingers. I ended up stippling with a damp sponge and then going over spots where I needed more coverage by patting it on with my fingers. All that work for a fairly cakey looking finish that wore off within 4 hours :(

I had high hopes, it looked gorgeous on the SA at Sephora but I had no luck with it.