Clinique Even Better Compact Makeup

3.1

Titanium Dioxide 3.80% ethylhexyl palmitate • silica • phenyl trimethicone • cetyl dimethicone • tribehenin • squalane • glycereth-8 hydroxystearate • trimethylsiloxysilicate • arachidyl propionate • ozokerite • lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer • tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate • ascorbyl palmitate • trihydroxystearin • tocopheryl acetate • caprylyl glycol • sorbitan sesquioleate • triethoxycaprylylsilane • simethicone • disteardimonium hectorite • [+/- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) • titanium dioxide (ci 77891) • zinc oxide (ci 77947) • mica] [iln39622]

on 6/25/2015 7:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I did not like anything about this. It's not very easy to work with. There's no coverage, and simply doesn't feel right on my skin. The packaging is not very hygienic. Will not buy again

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Needed a new foundation, just fancied a change, had makeup done at Clinique, pal suggested this, loved it! I tried a sample of the new foundation/concealer, loathed it, claggy, ageing, yuk. This however is just lovely! Smooths fine 51 year old lines, illuminating and evens skin tone, even with fake tan remnants (don't judge me) the compact is sleek and classy, great for handbag.
This 'might' be my HG (am usually utterly disloyal......!!)

on 8/9/2014 10:13:00 AM

I like Clinique products because they don't break me out and are mostly effective. This foundation has good coverage and cream to powder compact is extremely convenient. Just be sure to exfoliate regularly. The range of shades assures just about anyone a good match.

Now for my rant. And it's not so much directed at Clinique but all cosmetic companies. I don't know what ingredient (could it be sunscreen?) that they are putting in new foundation formulas that make them sit on top of the skin and amplify flaws in natural or fluorescent light. I ran across an almost full compact of the old City Base foundation in my arsenal. This product must be nearly 8 years old and it was perfectly fine. Being summer, the shade was a great match so I started using it. When I compared my face in photos with the City Base versus newer foundations - Even Better, Bobbi Brown Even finish, I was horrified. The newer versions leave a corpse-like cast to skin while the City Base looked completely natural. I've had a similar experience with liquid foundations - so I wouldn't say it's the cream to powder formula.

I'm on the hunt for an old-school formula. And I'm writing directly to Clinique to beg them to switch back to whatever was working so well before.

on 2/12/2014 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

HG foundation. Absolutely in love

on 9/21/2013 3:05:00 AM

Based on negative rewievs I don't belive they are for new 2013 version of this product.
This new Clinique Even Better Compact Makeup SPF15 ( release in March 2013) is absolutetely amazing!!!!! After 20 years I finally found my Holly Grail... Suprisingly after years of using liquid foundation, it's turn out that my favourite one is in compact!!!! Girls just go to the cosmetic counter and buy it! You have to try this fantastic makeup! It will give you perfect coverage ( light, medium or full- it depend on how hard you would sweep the creme with your sponge ). This makeup is not cakey at all, doesn't oxydise. It is not too matte, not too glowy. It is just right! Absolutely perfect! Colour range is huge.
There is only one thing you need to remember. Don't judge colour by what you see in the box. On the skin it looks totally different. So you have to try it on your face. I'm using Creme Chamois colour which is describe as product for Very Fair skin with golden undertones. And it is just great, not to light because I consider myself as a light to medium fair, and it is not to golden, it still has some pink undertones. It looks just natural. And no breakout at all after using this 2 months now. Just please remember to remove it corectlly in the evening. I'm on Oil Cleansing Method now ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and it works wonderfull.
And I need to say that: Thank you so much Clinique! My search for perfect foundation is finally finished!

on 8/29/2013 9:17:00 AM

Hmm, surprisingly this product has so many negative reviews. But it suit me and i love it! The powder just blend naturally into my skin, making my skin tone brighter and flawless. I love this powder so much. What i normally do is just apply this powder and finish off with clinique blusher. Then i am ready to go! :)

on 8/18/2013 1:13:00 AM

I wanted to like it. If you have a normal or dry complexion you would probably love it. I did see an improvement in skin tone after two weeks or so, but the serum in it was greasy! Coverage was great (didn't settle in to pores, not cakey)but not worth having to blot my forehead all day. Packaging is too flimsy and the clasp literally fell off. I kept it on my counter for two weeks(not knocking around in my bag) so it is a bit of a poor design. Didn't work for me.

on 7/14/2013 3:26:00 AM

Im surprised to see so many negative reviews of this product. First off, i dont like make-up , esp foundation type stuff. i prefer to let my skin breath without any on. However, I have a problem with being sensitive to even the natural sunscreens which makes being outdoors very difficult since i have fair skin. This summer, I decided to try using a make up that contains sunscreen, hoping it might be a tad gentler and if not, at least it would be covering up. i found this in Sephora and I remember liking some of Cliniques products, so I decided to try it even though its about $35. I got the linen shade which works nicely for my skin tone. Packaging is a bit big with the makeup on one side and sponge on the other, but its not bad. This has spf 15 natural titanium dioxide sunscreen. It's a bit more liquid like in feel then i had hoped, but just using a little bit on the sponge and gently pressing, then blending on the skin, gives a powdery finish. Im happy with the coverage, and this make up has proven effective in terms of spf for walking around outdoors for a few hours at least. I wouldnt use it on the beach or for all day outdoor use since im so fair skinned. but its become my daily sunscreen this summer. i do find it gets a bit oily after a while, but I think thats typical of liquidy make ups, esp in warm weather. i wasnt expecting it to stay perfectly put for hours. You could touch it up w a powder if you wanted. All in all, Im pleased with this. i can go outside without a heavy greasy sunscreen on my face, my skin looks smooth and I dont get red.

on 6/6/2013 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

After having bad experience with Sephora 8 hr Matifying powder which turn orange on me, i thght why not try clinique, my skincare brand.
bght this powder warm sunny...and oh my...it oxidized badly again.powder was very light weight & mineral like. i think all these cosmetics company are changing their formula to copy bobbi brown or some mineral makeup out there! returning it for sure!

on 6/2/2013 4:12:00 AM

I tried this compact and I was sooo happy to RETURN it. There was nothing that I liked about this makeup, it didn't even feel comfortable on my skin. Applying it wasn't the easiest thing and it's not the most sanitary design either. I was happy to go back to their Acne solutions foundation. Why did I even stray? It's my favorite foundation.