Guerlain Parure de Lumière

4.2

Aqua (water), Isododecane, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Methyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Maris Aqua (sea water), Phenoxyethanol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageean), Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Parfum (fragrance), Alumina, Silica Silylate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool. Citronellol, BHT, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Tropaeolum Majus Extract, Tocopherol, Limonene, Citral, Ethylhexyl-Glycerin, (+/- CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I went to Nordstrom (November 2015) with two foundations on my mind. Something from YSL or something from Guerlain. I went to Guerlain and asked to be color matched. Parure de Lumiere was my final decision. What a fantasic decision! This is beautiful, coverage for my 51 year old skin. Not heavy. Not cakey. Not greasy. Hydrating. Comfortable. No creasing. Perfect skin tone match. I also purchased the primer, light pink pearls. Perfecting meteorites I believe. (Review coming.) This is a beautiful primer. First one that did what it said it will do. I am not done with this line. I plan on the compact metorites powder next. I have purchased the beige pearls two years ago and still going strong on those. I use those every day. If you are middle aged lovely, and you are struggling with your foundation, you really need to go see the experts at Guerlain and get a sample at least. Before you waste more money trying to get it right! I always research my foundations and powders (and skincare!) to make sure I'm getting what "I" want. Not was the sales associate thinks I should have in the 30 seconds spent with me. Best wishes!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS. i have dry skin and this doesn't collect in dry spots and seems to actually be moisturizing. it looks really good and dewy and honestly looks super natural on my skin. i adore it. i'm running out and i'm definitely repurchasing, even if the price is insane. one bottle lasted me nearly a year so i don't mind spending 60 dollars a year on foundation, especially if it's this amazing!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is an AMAZING foundation.
The thing I love about guerlain's foundation is the coverage isn't much in one layer but it's very build-able and it will NOT get cakey no matter how much you layer on. I love the way this hides perfections like scars and blemishes, and gives me this healthy, natural radiance. My HG of foundations. THE BEST.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Beautiful foundation if you llike the glowy looks and have good skin on the drier side.
If I tell you that I need a full coverage (=discoloration to hide!) a combo skin with a nasty T-zone that gets worsein humid weather, and the glowy looks is not for me, you will tell immediately that this is NOT my foundation.
Well, it is a good foundation as all Guerlains are, but ths one has a medium to sheer coverage (all my spots show through, and I did 2 layers!!), and gets shiny in a couple of hours, provided that I dusted two or ore layers of LeClercs loose powder. If i did not dust, I could not step out the door (=oil slick).
I tried this foundation many times (got samples over samples) but defintely this is not for a combo skin in need of coverage.
Their BB cream (a stunning foundation, but just two miserable shades!) covers much more than PdL!!
Save your hard earned money.....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

ill be honest i was a little dissapointed with this foundation. i was expecting some kind of magical face perfecter and alas, its just a very expensive foundation. for the review and in defense of this foundation, it wasnt terrible and i only tested it once so keep that in mind... ive just come to the conclusion i cant wear any foundation cheap or high end because it wont be prretty. i have mild scarring from acne. anyway on to the review.
if you dont have uneven skin texture and you like a lighter coverage, this foundation would be great. i didnt get to see how long it lasted because i felt so self conscious i immediately wiped it off. i couldnt tell you if it made me break out either..
honestly, if this was maybe ten dollars cheaper id recommend but as someone who collects foundations and has tried hundreds, id say save your money and get a cheaper alternative because there are less expensive ones just as nice!

The true strength of Parure de Lumière is more in its ability to blur texture imperfections rather than cover actual pigmentation problems. I'd say it's coverage is sheer to light, given my choice of application (which is my fingers, since I cannot be bothered with anything else while I'm rushing in the morning). It's a wonder for mildly dehydrated or combination skin because the mix of silicones in it really work to smooth and fill-in skin's surface, while imparting subtle, but not dewy-level moisture.

The low-coverage of this foundation actually works for it because, let's be real, Guerlain's shades have always been rather strange. I have this in 23 Dore Naturel, which is basically an obvious mid-toned orange, but because it is so sheer, it just adds a bit of life into my nc25/nc30 complexion - and I love it for that. I go in after with a little light colored concealer and it just adds so much dimension to my face.

All in all, this is for people with who want a really healthy, freshly-moisturized, and smoothed-out skin finish. And given the great UVA/UVB sunscreen component, this becomes perhaps the perfect daytime foundation.

PS. The one downside for me is the scent, which is a blatantly synthetic floral one, but still not a deal breaker.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

While the finish is quite flawless, it turns too dewy quite quickly. It also doesn't photograph too well (white-cast).

Iv'e had this foundation for just over a year in my stash - on my normal/combination skin I prefer to use this as a winter foundation as it doesn't tend to need blotting very often in the cooler months.

I have this in 01 Beige Pale and 31 Amber Pale - both work for my NC15 yellow skin tone. 31 Amber Pale is a slightly better match as 01 Beige Pale has a very slight leaning towards pink undertone. Guerlain foundations can be confusing as the shades don't seem completely consistent across the range. I have Lingerie De Peau in 01 Beige Pale it is lighter and more yellow toned than Parure De Lumiere 01 Beige Pale. However after some experimenting Parure 01 looks great with a very thin layer of BB worn as a primer and looks more yellow toned.

Parure is a thicker consistency and only requires 2 pumps for a build-able light to medium coverage, you get plenty of time to work with this one and it blends in beautifully for a flawless skin look that is still quite natural. On my combo skin I find this one a little tacky as it does not dry fast but find it pairs well with most powders - my current favs being Chanel Poudre Loose and Nars Light Reflecting Loose as well as any Guerlain powder or meteorites balls.

You get a really nice finish with a BB or RT sponge, lately I have been applying this with a flat top kabuki with just a squirt of water or make up setting spray to slightly dampen the brush - blends in beautifully to look like healthy glowy skin. Lasts all day, I do need to blot a couple of times but have not let me put this off. This will be a definite repurchase.

This would be a great autumn/winter foundation for me! I had a sample (03 Beige naturel) and really liked the medium coverage this luxurious product provided, and the amount of luminosity it imparted. I also found that it has a very moisturizing feel to it (though I moisturize before, of course). That said, for summer it´s a tad too rich for me, and also the glow transforms into a bit of an oily shine after a while. Together with sunscreen it easily gets too much for my skin at the moment. But I can totally see me using this in the colder season. I´ll keep the second sample until autumn and then try again.

I'm a relatively new convert to Guerlain having recently purchased the Parure Gold liquid foundation (which I adore so much I only use it for special occasions or going out somewhere nice as its kinda on the pricey side). I thought I'd give the Parure de Lumiere a go for everyday wear and I have to say I'm loving this too. The shade I'm using is #3 (beige natural ) and of all the foundations I've used over the years from different brands, this shade in the Guerlain range is the most perfect match for my skin tone. The consistency is not as heavy as the Gold, giving more of a light to medium finish (although you could layer it to give it a heavier finish). I don't usually bother with a primer and with both of Guerlains foundations I find it lasts beautifully all day.
Overall I'm absolutley delighted with all the products I've tried from Guerlain and would repurchase again in a heartbeat! (I'll just have to take out a mortgage first is all!).