April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure de Lumière

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am trying to figure out how this works for anyone! Am looking for a new foundation...have used recently Dior Forever, Chanel Lift Lumiere, Estee Lauder DW, Lancome 24h Teint Idole, Hourglass Oil Free Veil, etc. and am still looking for a perfect foundation that goes on smoothly, is not too oily or drying, lasts all day and doesn't settle in creases. I had read great reviews on this foundation and wanted to try it. I got a generous sample from the MA at Dillards to try out. Day 1: Applied it over my normal primer, went on thick and cakey and was extremely difficult to blend out with a brush or Beauty Blender sponge. Super Hard to work with!!! Set with finishing powder. An hour after it was applied it was creasing and caking around my mouth area. The coverage is definitely FULL THICK and HEAVY. My face felt like i was wearing a mask. Even with the full coverage it wore off quickly and after a couple hours was gone from my t zone...it just slipped away. Day 2: I thought i would try it without the primer since truly any good foundation should be great without primer. Same story as Day 1...ugh - Very frustrated as i had high hopes for this foundation after reading the reviews. Just didn't work for me at all....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by ntopher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from sephora and absolutely fell in love! I had to order it right away. the tone matches my skin so wonderfully which can be a challenge because I have fair skin with lots of freckles. I like how light weigh it feels when I have it on, I don't like to cake on make up or have the feeling of wearing too much. It comes in a nice glass bottle and smells amazing. the only problem I have it that it is a tad bit pricey. Luckily if you just use a little at a time then it should last a while. I am very happy with this discovery.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful foundation. I have used 2 bottles of the Guerlain Parure Aqua foundation and then discovered that was discontinued. So I tried to find another foundation since Guerlain seems to work very nicely with my skin. I bought the Parure de Lumiere from Bloomingdales. It's a gorgeous bottle - clear, glass, & kinda heavy, but I love the way it looks. What I love about it is how it applies - it feels cool and goes on with a watery feel but it's not a liquid consistency. I like the scent as well. I wear it for the whole day and depending on what I apply under it, I can get slightly oily or very oily. If I apply a normal, light moisturizer, I get slightly oily. Under sunscreen, I get very oily. Honestly, I am okay with that because I will blot with a light touch of tissue paper throughout the day either way. This foundation makes my skin look healthy and dewy (after I blot out the oily shine). It's winter right now where I live (meaning snow, wind, all sorts of cold), but when I wear this foundation (with the right skincare), I feel like my skin is very healthy and vibrant.

Would I repurchase? - Yes. However, comparatively speaking, I still like the Parure Aqua better. I would most likely repurchase this foundation for the winter only. In the summer time, I would try one of the other lines in Guerlain - but it's just because my skin is naturally on the oily side.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in 02 Beige Clair when the store did not have my staple Parure Gold 02. I think they are supposed to be the same colour but I feel that Lumiere is slightly lighter. It has a thinner, softer feeling that feels very comfortable on the face and has medium but buildable cover. It gives my skin 37 year old, dehydrated smokers skin a lovely, healthy dewy look and it does wonders with a damp sponge. It also manages to cover my not so slight redness like nobodys business. However, I do have a complaint of Lumiere and it is big enough to lead me to go back to the thicker and drier Parure Gold. Whenever I use Lumiere, with whatever under my skin such as primer, any base, moisturizer or nothing, my face turns into an oil slick in the afternoon and I have to blot twice or even three times on a long day. And I even do not have oily skin! If I did not have this problem, Lumiere would be HG for me but I prefer mixing Parure Gold with my HG Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Brightening Make-up Base to get a glow without the oily shine. 3.5

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by igotalittledevil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the MOST Perfect foundation I have ever own. Yes, it is very pricey, but totally worth it! half pump with my Real techniques flat brush is no problem to cover my whole face.the finish is not matt, more shimmer, but not the cheap disco shine, very elegant and natural,also lasting all day without any touch up. I set the foundation with my Guerlain pearl powder, which also shimmer, but both in natural finish way,like natural flawless skin. it is pricey, so does the pearl powder, but I will definitely re -purchase this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I agree with everyone else - this is amazing. It's dewy but not the least bit shiny. I bought 03 Beige Naturel and it works for my NC25-NC30 skintone. It feels hydrating and very comfortable on the skin. I love that it has SPF and dispenses from a pump. It seems very, very luxurious and I'd hope so at $59, which is really expensive. I'd say it's worth it and it will last if you rotate with other foundations, like I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by EmilyyGrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh Guerlain. Why must you draw me in with your heavy, luxurious frosted glass & chic packaging. Heavy enough to know you are getting a quality product, but at the same time ensuring that the compact little bottle could deliver a hearty concussion if used as a weapon in self defense. On top of that, the product then delivers, meaning I am a slave to Guerlain for the next 40 years of my life, spending inordinate amounts of money I don't have for the perfect complexion.

Ok but seriously. This is simply liquid, packaged, gold. Initially I had tried both the Lingerie De Peau & the BB cream version and while I initially swooned, after a few weeks I found it collecting in, and expanding my pores while clinging to dry patches. Travesty. So I received a sample in 03, applied it with a buffing brush and voila. Singing angels, trumpets, and fairy dust raining in on me from the walls of my house.

I have dry, HYPER sensitive skin & usually foundations with fragrance break me out in a matter of hours. (Touche Eclat I am talking to you). While I did break out after about 2 weeks of wearing this along my jawline, convinced it was hormones, I refused to stop wearing it. My breakout has since cleared, and I'm hoping this is what I can become accustomed to. You have to be seriously committed to a product and it's greatness when you continue to wear it after a sudden breakout.

The finish is satin. I suppose after several hours you could call it "dewy" but let's be real. It is satin. I'd rather liken it to satin's chic cousin, silk, but that is not actually a recognizable foundation handle. All in all. I am obsessed, and I will happily shell out the $60 I don't have until they discontinue this. (which I am so paranoid about, I plan on purchasing backup on backup ASAP) That being said, it takes about a half a pump to cover my entire face, so this is probably an unnecessary measure. I prefer my real techniques expert face brush to my sigma f80 when applying this.

Gold Guerlain. Gold.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Surfaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Having oily skin I still prefer dewy finish and was looking for a foundation that would provide it without oily shine. Parure de Lumiere does make me really oily though, unfortunately. It is a kind of foundation that starts shining (nicely at first) straight after you apply it and the shine only increases throughout the day. I am giving it 4 stars because I know that it would work really well for people with dry skin and also because I'm planning on trying to use it without moisturizer.
The colors of this foundation are very pretty, I got it in 31 Ambre Pale and it was a bit of a mistake as I look too pale with full face application, but the amount of yellow in it is just perfect, the shade itself is very pretty. The foundation feels nice on your skin and doesn't cake. I also prefer to apply it without primer, just onto the moisturizer, as I find that paradoxically without primer it goes on smoother.
The glass bottle with a pump is very pretty, I like it. You can also easily see how much foundation you have left.
I will update this review if I find a better way to work it with my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very pigmented but somehow still lightweight liquid foundation. It feels as if there is nothing on my skin. Surprisingly good color match for NC20 is 31 Amber Pale. I had to guess as I ordered this online from Sephora. I have dry skin usually although it is less dry at the moment but I am still impressed with the lack of caking or even disappearing towards the end of the day. This lasts a long time on the skin, longer than I would have expected. I even find my skin a little shiny/dewy now and that's an unusual occurrence and a welcome one. I would say that this may not be appropriate for oily skin.

Edited to add that this is still working very very well for me. I use it with a Cover FX primer and I am getting great results. Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My newest addition to my collection of 'caskets', the morbid description my husband uses to describe Guerlain foundation/primer bottle shape. Moisturizes!!!! Luminous!!! For dry days. Better coverage than lingerie dr peau but not as much as parure extreme. Winter staple.