October 1, 2014 | 915 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lumene - Vitamin C + Bright Skin Nectar

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm going to keep this review short due to I share the same opinions as most concerning this product. I feel like I wasted $14 USD. It might sound silly but I think the products you use (skin care, hair and makeup) should be enjoyable to use, this was not fun to use. It didn't do anything; was slightly sticky, you really had to rub it in as there wasn't a lot of slip, no immediate glow, compared to most vitamin c products on the market and in the end didn't deliver on its promised results.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Got this on sale to try. I love the vitamin C and the ingredients, but this didn't do anything for me. No radiance, no oomph, nothing. And for some reason it gets foamy (a la soap!) when you rub it in.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by upiswhat

Not a fan! First of all, it didn't do anything for me. I didn't see any difference in my skin after using for a few weeks. Second, it made me break out. I'm pretty sure it's this product because I would stop using it, my pimple would eventually go away, then I'd get another one a few days after trying this serum again. I ended up tossing it so I wouldn't be tempted to try again!

I did like the slim glass bottle and the smell wasn't too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product unclogs pores! It's a silky vitamin C serum that brightens, lightly moisturizes, and - let me say it again - unclogs pores. If there were ever an all-purpose vitamin C product, this is it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by MES

I picked this up a few weeks ago on clearance at CVS for dirt cheap. I like C serums and have good luck with them in the past, they just tend to be a bit pricey. I don't think this is quite as effective as Avon or Ole Henricksen, but still a very good product. It makes my skin smooth and glowy without irritation. The packaging is very nice for a drugstore product, heavy glass bottle, with a pump top.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by babybefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at CVS because I was looking for a vitamin c product to address some light post acne marks and because it was 75% off, making it around 5 dollars. I figured that made it a great place to start.

I have to say, I'm really liking this stuff so far! I have very sensitive/ reactive skin, so I'm weary of trying anything new. Although this contains some unnecessary fragrance (in my opinion it smells wonderful at least) and some pigment, I haven't had any negative reactions from this, which is actually pretty amazing. I've been using it for about a week which is plenty of time for me to test for rashes/breakouts.

My skin is typically dehydrated, tight, flaky, red, and prone to clogged pores/ whiteheads around the mouth (which leave pink marks behind). I've recently been trying to change up my routine, and I can't believe the difference that's made in a week's time, and this serum has been a daily new addition. My skin is no longer dehydrated or flaking, and the whiteheads have essentially ceased to come up. The redness is slowly fading toward my naturally porcelain tone, and some of my post acne marks are visibly reduced.

I can't necessarily attribute all those changes to this serum, but I do feel confident that it's played an important part in adding in some moisture, antioxidants and anti-inflammatories. (I've also been trying turmeric for red marks and diluted Alba Botanica Acnedote astrigent, both of which have also played a major role in my skin's recovery). I understand what was happening now- dry flaky skin leads to clogged pores which leads to whiteheads. trying to treat them with acne products causes more dry skin, causing a cycle of more dryness and more breakouts.

I'm still looking for an hg day time moisturizer with spf, but for the past few days I've just used this for moisture. It makes my skin feel a little more plump and dewey and protects me from flaking toward the end of my day as was typical for me. My skin in general just feels *healthy* now, like it's nourished for the first time in ages. Next time you're at cvs, keep an eye out for this lumene brand (in case they're having discounts like this), and the vitamin c line in general. Once I do find a good moisturizer/spf, I will be wearing this underneath as it's so lovely and the antioxidants enhance the effectiveness of spf.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this really much. I think it brightens my skin a bit, it also has a nice scent. I hate the glass bottle. I dropped it once on the floor and of course it went into pieces. Luckily this isn't too expensive. I will be repurchase when i've used all the other serums i have now. Good price, good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by echiba

This stuff is amazing. It's less than $20 and yet it performs just as well if not better than higher end products.
First of all the packaging is great, it comes in a pretty glass tube that has some heft to it, and it looks nice sitting on my vanity. There's a pump that dispenses an adequate amount and you always know how much is left.
Consistency is like a liquid/gel, and it spreads easily on my face. It stung maybe once or twice, but never anything unbearable. As an exfoliant with lactic acids, a slight tingling is understandable but I've only experienced it a few times.
Of course what I love most about this product is what it does. I have large pores, oily skin, and am prone to dark acne scars. This serum helps keep my oily skin manageable, and it has seriously brightened my skin. Even after the first week I noticed my scars were fading, and now they're hardly visible on my cheeks. The redness and darkness of my scars is significantly reduced, to the point where most days I can skip a heavy foundation altogether. That's been the most amazing part of this product, my acne scars were a primary reason for wearing full foundation, but this has helped fade them significantly. While this hasn't done much for the pitted acne scars (nothing really will short of microderm), the redness and discoloration has really been taken care of.
I highly recommend this for brightening skin, especially if you're prone to dark red post acne marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by NOLACreoleGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far I'm loving this! In the bottle it looks like it may be heavy or oily but once it's in your hand and on your skin it almost feels like a gel. I only use 1 1/2 pumps and that's enough for my entire face and neck. It absorbs into the skin quickly and so far I can see the improvement in my skin texture. I'm sold on this...I haven had any irritation or breakouts so I'll continue to use this nectar. Only been using it for a little over 2 weeks and I'm impressed but I don't see a lot of brightening as of yet, a little but though.