April 20, 2014 | 1521 users online

Powders - Guerlain - Meteorites - Perles du Paradis (spring 2013)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by katiedomin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I jumped on this after seeing it for 50% off in the sale - I hadn't used Meteorites before but they're one of those products everybody raves about and so I really thought I'd got myself a steal. As a lot of online reviews mention, this seems to be the exception in an otherwise amazing range (just my luck!) and I can definitely back this. The illuminating power is really quite poor (doesn't give much of a glow) but the shimmer particles are very chunky and obvious. The whole point of finishing powders is that they enhance as a finishing touch but to be honest I think I'd actually look better for skipping this. After about 20 minutes of wear, I also found that this made my face itchy and flushed under all of those sparkles (not a good look!) My skin isn't even particularly sensitive.

The packaging is pretty but made out of cardboard (something I could easily forgive if the product was any good). It has a violet scent, much like those palma violet sweets/Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne.

As for alternative pink finishing powders, I highly recommend Benefit Dandelion and the Blu Ray blush highlighter by Cargo if you can get your hands on it. Both are significantly less pricey and in my experience give really beautiful results.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by meru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot use this as an overall powder because the pink is too dark and so it makes my face look red and darker and so I took out the red/pink meteorites and use them as blush instead. I really like it as blush as it gives a glowy finish. The silver meteorites have really large glitters that are really obvious on the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by sueg374

This is my first experience with Meteorites, and I have to say I like the effect of this version. I have read other reviews in various places for the Perles du Paradis that mention silver glitter... I can say that there is definitely not glitter in this product.

I have light skin (N20, Bobbi Brown Extra Light TM) and I can use this as a blush. It takes several layers to use as blush; the color could best be described as a ruddy, violet toned blush that has a subtle but definite sheen. I am a fan of Bobbi Brown's Rose shimmer brick, and I would say the effect of this Meteorite is more subtle than that.

I received this in a swap but I definitely wouldn't spend that kind of money on a product that comes packed in a cardboard box, no matter how nicely printed. Violet scent is lovely and dissipates quickly. Overall, if you're a fan of highlighters and don't mind spending the dollars, this is a nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by anniemcleod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Firstly let me say I am not new to meteorites having purchased several in the past... and I am in LOVE with these ones!! These would quite possibly be my favourite and definitely in my top two. Why? For me, I use a dense blush brush to pick up the mixed residue at the bottom of the container (which mixes into a dusky pink), and it makes the most gorgeous daytime blush ever... subtle, glowing from within, cool-toned, fresh and healthy. There were 3 silver balls which I have set aside, as they are very glittery - no big deal! The packaging - I have read a lot of comments about the disappointment with it being cardboard. To be honest, in my humble opinion, from an aesthetic point of view, I think Guerlain hit the nail on the head with this decision. To me there is something so very french, chanel, 1920's, and old-fashioned girly about the combination of color, use of cardboard and the antique looking puff - I just don't think it would conjure up the same nostalgic feel if it was in a cold (but more practical) metal pot. Hmmm.... having said all that, this IS my favorite collectors meteorites!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No