April 21, 2014 | 1127 users online

Scrubs - Avene - Gentle Exfoliating Scrub

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by vmax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has a bit different of a packaging. It has a pink clear color to it with large granules. It is made for sensitive skin which I do not have, but it usable for anyone. I find it mediocre at best. It really does not exfoliate my skin well as the gel gets in the way. It did rinse cleanly off. It does not have a scent to it. If I had sensitive skin or problem skin I may like it a lot better but for normal skin it is okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by INEM

A gentle but effective face scrub. I use it twice a week and it doesn't dry out my skin at all. In fact i find my skin texture improves after using this product continuously. My skin seems to absorb serum & moisturiser better. It has pleasant smell as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by AstridAllegra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Nothing gentle about it! grains in the product are as massive as a salt granule and as hard as a rock and that is way too much for sensitive and fair skin! This product regularly breaks me out which is funny cause it is suppose to make the skin feeling and looking renewed and supple. as if that isn't enough it is pricey as heck and you get just 50 mL of the product. very nonsensical to me. hope that the avene company changes its' name to body peel instead of facial peel - then it would maybe serve a purpose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this scrub. It's tough enough to really feel like you're exfoliating, but it's not irritating, at least to my skin. If you're super sensitive, it may be a bit much. You can definitely feel the grains, not as much as the original St. Ives apricot scrub, but more than some other gentle scrubs I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by stls

This is indeed gentle. Might be too gentle I have to admit. It's liquidy and transparent with fine red exfoliating particles. Doesn't feel sticky, doesn't leave any kind of residue and doesn't irritate my skin. Good but not great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

For me this is the only gommage I can use for my face (the other one is the 7 Day Scrub from Clinique). It is gentle enough to my skin, but effective. I like the two-coloured small balls, that are in the solution, they feel very nice on the skin and donít scratch as many scrubs did before.
I apply it once a week and massage it very lightly in, then I rinse it of and my skin feels super great and clean! Can only recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very pleasant scrub. Bought this on holiday in Portugal after I got a sunburn and my skin started to peel... This is sold in pharmacies in Europe so it makes it feel like you're treating your skin well ;) The smell is strange but not bad, it kind of reminded me of the smell of band-aids! It's just kind of sterile/neutral-smelling but no harsh chemical smell or anything.

Although I agree that this scrub is very gentle, I don't agree with the reviews saying it's not scrubby enough. I actually think it is pretty scrubby, and I am used to really gritty scrubs. You can still feel the scrubbing action, the beads are small but I do feel I can feel them scrubbing away dead skin cells, not just rolling around on my face (like the beads in Aveda's tourmaline charged scrub).

I like it, I would buy it again but right now I am using Clinique's 7 day scrub which is very similar but smells nicer and is not a gel but a cream. I think I will switch back to the Avene one in summer but I got the Clinique one when my skin got super dry with the cold in winter and I haven't run out yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

This is a very very gentle scrub. I can use it almost daily even though I have pretty sensitive and thin skin. It doesn't burn or leave my skin feeling tight or dry which is a major plus, but it doesn't seem to do a whole lot when it comes to exfoliating, although it seems like dead skin is scrubbed off. Also, I feel like it leaves some residue, probably from the gel.

I think it's suitable for people who follow a strict skincare regime and exfoliate often. For those who have major clogged pores, or haven't exfoliated in a few months, this is not going to do much.

I use it as an additional cleansing step when I wear thick makeup for shoots, or those days when I sweat while wearing makeup and feel like my pores are that clean.

The packaging is nice, it's translucent so you can see how much you have left. As with all Avene products, the tube is small, but it's cheap. I just don't find it to be a very important product to have. I'll repurchase though, because I haven't found another exfoliant that is as gentle as this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by rubylola

This is the best scrub I have ever used. I will never use another now that I have found this. It is perfect for my sensitive skin. I use it twice a week, on DRY skin (as directed) and it really does exfoliate throughly without scratching my skin. My skin glows after I have used this, which has not been my experience with other scrubs. I highly recommend this, I believe it is worth spending a little bit more as the result is worthwhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by KristinaKr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this scrub! It is the only scrub I can use on my skin. It is really very, very gentle.