I found this at the check-out at Wal-Mart. Excited to try! Really enjoy the moisture of Chapstick and the flavor of chocolate. Love the smell and taste.
Pros: - Cute packaging and functional twist-up tube.
- Got it for $0.98 at Walmart.
- Leaves a slight tint, almost flushes lips.
- Can be layered over other lipsticks.
- Moisturizes well, about four hours for me and holds up through some drinking.
- No sunscreen, which is a pro for me but might not be for others. I just hate the smell of sunscreen.
Cons: - Not a very good imitation of red velvet cake. It smells more like a slightly spicy fake chocolate smell. Not very appetizing.
- Doesn't taste like red velvet either, but it doesn't taste bad. Disappointing along with the smell though.
- Limited edition
I wanted to love this as much as Cake Batter, but the smell just kills it. I probably wouldn't buy a backup of this, even if it wasn't limited edition.
I really wanted to like this Velvet Cupcake from Chapstick. However the smell makes it a thumbs down for me. While it wasn't an overwhelming artificial scent it just wasn't for me. I don't mind artificial scents but to me red velvet is the most hardest scent to recreate. It also doesn't have any SPF which is a little disappointing.
-Price: At Walmart it was $0.98 cents.
-Application: The tube is the generic Chapstick plastic twist up tube. The product is a nice red color, but it does not apply any color to your lips. It is moisturizing but IMO it doesn't last very long. It is the typical Chapstick balm that you would get in the original Chapstick.
-Overall opinion: While the price was great, I would not purchase this product again based on the fact of the scent, no SPF, and does not last long.