April 19, 2014 | 1831 users online

Lip Treatments - Chapstick - Velvet Cupcake (LE)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Astridhofferman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Moisturizing Power:
- This is my first Chapstick lip balm in years and I've got to say I'm not impressed. Just thirty minutes after a 2-layer application, my lips felt as dry and cracked as they did before I used this lip balm. But hey at least that's a few minutes of protection so I'll give it a 2 out of 5.

Color:
In no way is it stated anywhere by the Chapstick company that this product leaves any sort of color on your lips. But it does after numerous swipes on the lips. Although some tint is better than none I suppose.

SPF: None

Smell:
It doesn't smell like Red Velvet cupcakes but you can definitely tell that there's a hint of a chocolate-y smell in there so no complaints.

Packaging:
-Super cute. It comes in the regular kind of twist up tube but the sticker on it has this really nice design and the cap even has a red velvet cupcake sticker on it. Once again, super cute.

Overall it's a decent lip balm but asides from it being a limited edition Chapstick, I don't find anything special about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this at the check-out at Wal-Mart. Excited to try! Really enjoy the moisture of Chapstick and the flavor of chocolate. Love the smell and taste.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ghostrider

Pros: - Cute packaging and functional twist-up tube.
- Got it for $0.98 at Walmart.
- Leaves a slight tint, almost flushes lips.
- Can be layered over other lipsticks.
- Moisturizes well, about four hours for me and holds up through some drinking.
- No sunscreen, which is a pro for me but might not be for others. I just hate the smell of sunscreen.

Cons: - Not a very good imitation of red velvet cake. It smells more like a slightly spicy fake chocolate smell. Not very appetizing.
- Doesn't taste like red velvet either, but it doesn't taste bad. Disappointing along with the smell though.
- Limited edition

I wanted to love this as much as Cake Batter, but the smell just kills it. I probably wouldn't buy a backup of this, even if it wasn't limited edition.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this Velvet Cupcake from Chapstick. However the smell makes it a thumbs down for me. While it wasn't an overwhelming artificial scent it just wasn't for me. I don't mind artificial scents but to me red velvet is the most hardest scent to recreate. It also doesn't have any SPF which is a little disappointing.
-Price: At Walmart it was $0.98 cents.
-Application: The tube is the generic Chapstick plastic twist up tube. The product is a nice red color, but it does not apply any color to your lips. It is moisturizing but IMO it doesn't last very long. It is the typical Chapstick balm that you would get in the original Chapstick.
-Overall opinion: While the price was great, I would not purchase this product again based on the fact of the scent, no SPF, and does not last long.