December 20, 2014 | 1547 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Essential Lip Stain

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by beautyarte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The packaging is ass, let's be real and this product is less than average. I got it in Berry Blush and it is a lovely color. The problem was that I had to keep shaking it and not much of the product would disperse and then it eventually just dried out the FIRST use. It is a shame because it would make such a good dupe of Benefit's lip stain. The only thing they got right was the color, which is what attracted me but other than that; I will not be purchasing this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I had the same exact experience as every other person reviewing this product. It dried out on me after not even 5-10 uses. I used Pink Petal and loved the color and it is indeed a true "stain", which by nature is drying. (If I use lip balm directly beforehand, the color payoff sucks, if not, the stain is quite drying! Catch-22!) I do love the color and the look it gives, and I suppose $1-2 for this product makes it easier to live with the fact that it lasted only for a few uses. Had I paid $15-20 like Benefit lip tints, I'd be pissed to find it dried out so soon! Despite all this I would repurchase since it is so inexpensive and I actually enjoyed the product. E.L.F. products are constantly hit and miss with me (eyeshadow brushes are amazing-I own 4-5 of them, face brush=terrible!)...this is both a hit and a miss. Maybe this could be useful for travelling?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I'm not sure what I was expecting from e.l.f. Essential Lip Stain, but I'm not impressed with it. This dried out my lips & I found out the hard way that the felt tip will dry out too if you don't use it practically every day. I'm sure I didn't get ten uses out of this before it dried out on me. I don't want to wet it, so what I'm going to try to do is store them upside down & see if the fluid moving up does anything; I'll update this & let you all know if it works.

It's all right, but I'm not a big fan of how this applies, either. It doesn't apply consistently. It does streak & it does smudge. The splotchy look isn't cute. Anyway, the colour (I have Hot Tamale & Pink Petal – red & a rosy pink) is pigmented… the first one or two wears. After that, I noticed less colour each time I put it on. Everyone is saying it's "only $2," but save your $2 because this lip stain marker isn't worth it. I dislike leaving a bad review because I'm actually a big fan of e.l.f. Makeup & Cosmetics, but this was not what I expected & it needs improvement. These are cheap, & not in a good way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

While grocery shopping at Wegmen's I saw that E.L.F. cosmetics are now sold there. For the price I figured I would try the lip stain. I purchased the pink petal as I don't like any color that is too dark. My lips are very naturally pigmented and I tend to go with light pinks and nudes. It was daunting that I couldn't sample first but for what??? two/three dollars what the heck.
Next morning I put the stain on. It was soooooo much darker on me than what the color of the tube was. However, with a little magic of a nude colored gloss on top, it looked decent.
The "stain" lasted about a half hour. Some stain. The felt-tip applicator was dried out within three days. Now it is in the garbage. A waste. I would not repurchase nor would I tell anyone to make the purchase. I'll stick to my Lancôme glosses.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this product and it worked well the first two uses. Then it dried out. Mind you, I keep the cap on at all times and my house is not dry at all. I'm disappointed but then again it's not very expensive either, although I'd think you would get more uses than just two.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I got this in Pink Petal for two bucks, and even though it was cheap I wouldn't get it again. This was so light, either because the color wasn't very pigmented as a light colored marker stain, or because it didn't actually do anything...anywho, this went in the bin and I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Iblamethejay

Love this stain...lasts all day and can be paired with a balm or gloss without sacrificing the boldness of the color. Love it! Will be purchasing again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I got this in two shades, one of them is Nude nectar. It's a pretty shade and looks nice on its own, but paired with gloss I think it looks nicer. the problem I have with this lip stain is how drying it is. My lips were chapped after. The stain lasted a long time, but wow, I paid for it. I didn't have this issue with Revlon's stains or Urban Decay's.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Savfairy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in pink petal. Great price but bleh. Barely any color deposit and it comes off very easily. The lip stains by NYC are only a few dollars more and work so much better than this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

I have this in Berry Blush, which, true to its name, is a cool-toned berry. I like that the color is somewhat buildable, and on me, it lasts a good 3-4 hours. Moisturized lips prior to application is a *must*, as this definitely highlights any flakiness.

For the price and lasting power, I really like this, and plan to try others in the line.