December 19, 2014 | 1138 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Riche

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A Canadian winter must!!

The harsh arctic winds destroy the moisture barrier that I work so hard to maintain daily. Every winter I repurchase this moisturizer. I'm also a huge fan of the regular Hydrance Optimale but I need to upgrade to Riche by December. I can feel it soaking in like a sponge. My skin became so dehydrated that I broke out in cystic acne since my skin freaked out from the temperature change and tried to produce oil. That's when ironically, I need to put something thicker on my face. It took half my life to figure that out!

This is a great product to use at night and some might find it's not the greatest under foundation because it's so thick due to the shea butter. When I use it in the morning, after gentle cleansing and toning, I apply my Skinceuticals C E Ferulic and Hydrance Riche and let that sink in for around 5-10 minutes (sip some coffee while I wait). Then I use the Benefit Pore-Fessional Primer and the Dior Hydra Life BB Cream with SPF 30 and I have a really dewy finish.

It's hypoallergenic and non-comedegenic which puts me at ease as well. I've been using this Brand for almost 8 years and that moisturizer for about half that time and I hope you get the great results from it that I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by JennieW94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally found something that works for my dry skin! Tried so many things before this; Lush, Simple, even an expensive serum, nothing could stop my skin from flaking. It made my foundation look awful and patchy.
However, this is a life saver! I only have to apply a little to the driest parts of my face e.g. middle of forehead, cheeks and eyelids and it sinks in so well and doesn't leave that greasy feeling you get with most moisturizers. It's a little expensive, but it spreads well so it lasts a while! Really recommend this to anyone with dry flaky skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by newyork777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is definitely the best moisturizer I have ever used, really hydrates the skin.
The problem I had with other moisturizers in the past was that my skin would not soak it in, and it would roll off my skin into little pieces, that never happens with this one. Also it leaves the skin with a nice glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Betto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A nice moisturizer, that's quite gentle on my skin. I like the packaging, too - simple, hygienic and practical, as it's made of plastic and won't break, and it is not heavy. Has a very faint scent, but it smells nice.Works well on dry skin, even normal to dry dehydrated skin. Made my skin feel hydrated, sinks in pretty well and didn't give me an oily sheen. I don't think it would work for very dry skin, though, as indicated on the tube.

Nowadays, my skin is not that dry (my skin type is forever changing..!), and I find it a bit too rich. I use it as an eye cream instead, or after I use my Mary Kay Timewise Microdermabrasion (or TBS Vitamin C Microdermabrasion, or for the matter, anything that will dry my skin slightly.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, I'm on my 2nd tube of this and can't believe I didn't rate it yet (I did rate the light version though).

I use this from fall until spring here in Ontario. I have very dry skin come this time frame that will result in flaky skin, tightness, sensitive and blotchy. Before I found this, I was using emu oil to try and help with my tight skin. I am also prone to eczema (this could be gluten related though) and although its dry skin I have, its also acne prone.

This product is my winter HG. Its priced at $32 at SDM which is expensive for what you get, but if you wait for it to be 25% off, its reasonably priced then at $24.

There is a bit of a fragrance, but none that bothers my highly irritable skin. I know some folks complain that a product meant for sensitive skin should be scentless, but MAYBE this product smells without it? I've used unscented stuff before and sometimes the lack of scent makes it smell horrible and I have to stop using it because the chemical/ingredient smell lingers on me.

Will continue to buy over and over again. Oh and to top it off, apparently the Avene line is gluten free for those of us with celiac!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by NaomiALopez

My skin is greasy but my cheeks get occasionally dry and flaky and I find this does the trick. But if you have dry skin I think you'd find this too light.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by zuleikadobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very, very dry and sensitive skin and was looking for a product to replace my Chanel Beaute Initiale moisturizer, which has been discontinued. My review in short: I'm still looking.

The long answer:

I give this a 3 overall - I wouldn't mind using it again, but it wasn't a particular joy to use. As with other Avene products, it felt high-quality and reliable, but this wasn't anything special. It isn't exorbitantly expensive off the bat, but it doesn't last very long.

The texture of the cream felt pleasant at first, but I found that it sat on my skin - it is, as described, very rich. I don't wear much makeup, but I would guess that for someone who does, it might be a bit greasy.

I love the packaging - that is, frankly, a large attraction of the brand for me. The tube was just the right size for putting in my bag or even a pocket. Two caveats: it's a squeeze tube, which feels a little bit less than perfectly sanitary, but that's not such a big deal. It's not for delivering intravenous drugs or anything. Also, after you're about halfway through the tube, it gets a little bit difficult to make the lotion come out.

If this product cost 3/4 the price, I would probably buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by marinpap

It's the worst moisturiser I've ever used. As soon as I applied it, my face started burning. I had to wash it off my face right away. Something in it irritated my skin badly. It is supposed to be for sensitive skin. I use korres products that don't irritate skin, although some natural ingredients get to blame for irritation. Anyway I had to throw it and I had paid almost 20 euros for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Tigris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The rich cream moisturizes my Nordic winter skin well during the winter months (right away) and does not make me break out.

Will re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by itschanti

I love this so much!!
I'm on acne medication is my skin is extremely dry. I used to wear the Avène Légère moisturizer but then I switched to this.

It leaves my skin hydrated and I feel like it calms my really sensitive skin.
Do NOT use this underneath your foundation though because it will get flakey and kinda crumble up.

Definitely is one of my must haves for winter!