Avene Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Riche

4.1

Water - Mineral Oil - Glycerin - PPG-15 Stearyl Ether - Cyclomethicone - Cetearyl Alcohol - Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil - Glyceryl Stearate - PEG-100 Stearate - Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter - Cetearyl Glucoside -Benzoic Acid - Beta Sitosterol- BHT - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Chlorphenesin - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract - Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides - Laureth-7 - Phenoxyethanol - Poloxamer 188 - Polyacrylamide - Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate - Sodium Hydroxide - Xanthan Gum

on 5/4/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love it! I have a dry and very veryyy sensitive skin (Always have red rash beside nose and forehead, flaky too). Bought this to try and it really works (I use together with Eau Thermal Spring Water because I thought I might also be allergic to the water that I use to wash face). Anyway, the cream is thick and really makes my face hydrated. I live in UK and winter time is really killing me. It doesn't make my face too greasy though. I really love it!... I've tried so many other brands (like Origins, Eucerin, Clinique, SKII, Estee Lauder and Simple) but none makes my face better, really... Found this from Boots and decided to give it a try and really love it. Becomes my fav brand now

on 2/28/2015 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i've only been using this product for a few nights now and so far im pretty satisfied with the results. texture's probably a bit too thick to be used under makeup, however for nighttime, it is divine. very comfortable to wear and really moisturizing without making my sensitive skin even more sensitive. i love it. definitely repurchasing.

on 2/9/2015 6:17:00 PM

HG moisturizer. I'm on my second tube of this and will absolutely repurchase. Since I've started using this in August, my skin has rebalanced itself from dehydrated and somewhat crepe-y (and acne-prone--fun times) to soft and supple. It doesn't break me out at all and only requires the smallest pea size application. I've completely changed my skincare routine since the summer by ditching harsh prescriptions and retinoids in favor of a gentler approach and have seen slow, but steady improvement in my skin. This product along with Kieh's Ultra Facial Cleaser (super gentle), and Avene's Triacneal applied every other night, have worked wonders. It has a light scent (love it) and simple, hygienic packaging that travels well. Highly recommend.

on 1/14/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I can't believe I forgot to review this! This is my HG moisturizer. An absolute must for my dry/acne prone skin. I think my skin reacts really well to the spring water from France. Such a lovely product. It's quite expensive (for how much product you get) but I'm willing to pay. I try and get it on sale at Shoppers. If I find my skin needs some extra moisture (I live in Edmonton, so yeah) I'll use either Cicalfate or the moisture masque. Such a great brand.

on 12/12/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A Canadian winter must!!

The harsh arctic winds destroy the moisture barrier that I work so hard to maintain daily. Every winter I repurchase this moisturizer. I'm also a huge fan of the regular Hydrance Optimale but I need to upgrade to Riche by December. I can feel it soaking in like a sponge. My skin became so dehydrated that I broke out in cystic acne since my skin freaked out from the temperature change and tried to produce oil. That's when ironically, I need to put something thicker on my face. It took half my life to figure that out!

This is a great product to use at night and some might find it's not the greatest under foundation because it's so thick due to the shea butter. When I use it in the morning, after gentle cleansing and toning, I apply my Skinceuticals C E Ferulic and Hydrance Riche and let that sink in for around 5-10 minutes (sip some coffee while I wait). Then I use the Benefit Pore-Fessional Primer and the Dior Hydra Life BB Cream with SPF 30 and I have a really dewy finish.

It's hypoallergenic and non-comedegenic which puts me at ease as well. I've been using this Brand for almost 8 years and that moisturizer for about half that time and I hope you get the great results from it that I have.

on 11/20/2014 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Finally found something that works for my dry skin! Tried so many things before this; Lush, Simple, even an expensive serum, nothing could stop my skin from flaking. It made my foundation look awful and patchy.
However, this is a life saver! I only have to apply a little to the driest parts of my face e.g. middle of forehead, cheeks and eyelids and it sinks in so well and doesn't leave that greasy feeling you get with most moisturizers. It's a little expensive, but it spreads well so it lasts a while! Really recommend this to anyone with dry flaky skin.

on 6/10/2014 8:37:00 PM

This is definitely the best moisturizer I have ever used, really hydrates the skin.
The problem I had with other moisturizers in the past was that my skin would not soak it in, and it would roll off my skin into little pieces, that never happens with this one. Also it leaves the skin with a nice glow.

on 11/24/2013 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

A nice moisturizer, that's quite gentle on my skin. I like the packaging, too - simple, hygienic and practical, as it's made of plastic and won't break, and it is not heavy. Has a very faint scent, but it smells nice.Works well on dry skin, even normal to dry dehydrated skin. Made my skin feel hydrated, sinks in pretty well and didn't give me an oily sheen. I don't think it would work for very dry skin, though, as indicated on the tube.

Nowadays, my skin is not that dry (my skin type is forever changing..!), and I find it a bit too rich. I use it as an eye cream instead, or after I use my Mary Kay Timewise Microdermabrasion (or TBS Vitamin C Microdermabrasion, or for the matter, anything that will dry my skin slightly.)

on 11/10/2013 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I'm on my 2nd tube of this and can't believe I didn't rate it yet (I did rate the light version though).

I use this from fall until spring here in Ontario. I have very dry skin come this time frame that will result in flaky skin, tightness, sensitive and blotchy. Before I found this, I was using emu oil to try and help with my tight skin. I am also prone to eczema (this could be gluten related though) and although its dry skin I have, its also acne prone.

This product is my winter HG. Its priced at $32 at SDM which is expensive for what you get, but if you wait for it to be 25% off, its reasonably priced then at $24.

There is a bit of a fragrance, but none that bothers my highly irritable skin. I know some folks complain that a product meant for sensitive skin should be scentless, but MAYBE this product smells without it? I've used unscented stuff before and sometimes the lack of scent makes it smell horrible and I have to stop using it because the chemical/ingredient smell lingers on me.

Will continue to buy over and over again. Oh and to top it off, apparently the Avene line is gluten free for those of us with celiac!

on 10/11/2013 4:55:00 PM

My skin is greasy but my cheeks get occasionally dry and flaky and I find this does the trick. But if you have dry skin I think you'd find this too light.

Popular Moisturizers