Avene Hydrance Optimale Riche (Rich hydrating cream)

Water - Mineral Oil - Glycerin - PPG-15 Stearyl Ether - Cyclomethicone - Cetearyl Alcohol - Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil - Glyceryl Stearate - PEG-100 Stearate - Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter - Cetearyl Glucoside -Benzoic Acid - Beta Sitosterol- BHT - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Chlorphenesin - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract - Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides - Laureth-7 - Phenoxyethanol - Poloxamer 188 - Polyacrylamide - Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate - Sodium Hydroxide - Xanthan Gum

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have hyper sensitive skin and this made me itchy and irritated my skin tremendously. I had to wash it off immediately but it made me breakout before I was able to. It has fragrance also. I don't recommend for sensitive skin.

I have combination skin but my cheeks can become dry and flakey at times. I was in a phase when my skin was dull and lifeless and also dry in cheeks. My cheeks are usually drier and dehydrated regardless of the season. I was looking for a paraben free moisturiser and because I had good experience with Clarins, I was looking at buying some French pharmacy or French skin care. Although Avene had both riche and legere formulations, I chose the riche one because I was going through a dry cheek and jaw phase. Unfortunately this one was too heavy for me - it did not give me acne, it gave small pus filled white pimples but no painful acne. Most of all this one is a very rich oil like moisturiser that is heavy and weighs down the face - although it looks light when it comes out of the tube. The greasy feeling didn't not go away and my face remained oily hours after application. The texture is too sticky to apply any powder on top. I thought my skin would accustom after a few days and kept using it only on cheeks and drier areas. But the product did not seem to penetrate my skin at all. It sat on top and left the face oily. May be I was wrong in choosing the richer formulation. Either way this product doesn't absorb into the skin at all. This is not a daytime moisturiser if you are looking for a matte supple hydrated finish. I'm yet to try legere but I found this one so poorly formulated and non absorbent that I have given up any hope for Avene products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

After one night of usage I seen drastic improvement to the tightness of my forehead and overall radiance, as I have rosacea and eczema prone skin.
Have only been using for 2 nights and hopefully the good result stays!

I have been using avene soothing emulsion before it got phased out recently, so I changed to avene hydrance optimale light as recommended by the sales person.
After using for 2 months, my skin starts to have a tight sensation and i started to have big acne probably due to all the dryness around the skin. My skin become stained with scars with the acne scarring.

As the texture is richer for this, I used this as a night moisturizer and the light for the day under makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love it! I have a dry and very veryyy sensitive skin (Always have red rash beside nose and forehead, flaky too). Bought this to try and it really works (I use together with Eau Thermal Spring Water because I thought I might also be allergic to the water that I use to wash face). Anyway, the cream is thick and really makes my face hydrated. I live in UK and winter time is really killing me. It doesn't make my face too greasy though. I really love it!... I've tried so many other brands (like Origins, Eucerin, Clinique, SKII, Estee Lauder and Simple) but none makes my face better, really... Found this from Boots and decided to give it a try and really love it. Becomes my fav brand now

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i've only been using this product for a few nights now and so far im pretty satisfied with the results. texture's probably a bit too thick to be used under makeup, however for nighttime, it is quite good. very comfortable to wear and really moisturizing without making my sensitive skin even more sensitive. i like it but the fragrance in it may not be good for your face in the long run.

HG moisturizer. I'm on my second tube of this and will absolutely repurchase. Since I've started using this in August, my skin has rebalanced itself from dehydrated and somewhat crepe-y (and acne-prone--fun times) to soft and supple. It doesn't break me out at all and only requires the smallest pea size application. I've completely changed my skincare routine since the summer by ditching harsh prescriptions and retinoids in favor of a gentler approach and have seen slow, but steady improvement in my skin. This product along with Kieh's Ultra Facial Cleaser (super gentle), and Avene's Triacneal applied every other night, have worked wonders. It has a light scent (love it) and simple, hygienic packaging that travels well. Highly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I can't believe I forgot to review this! This is my HG moisturizer. An absolute must for my dry/acne prone skin. I think my skin reacts really well to the spring water from France. Such a lovely product. It's quite expensive (for how much product you get) but I'm willing to pay. I try and get it on sale at Shoppers. If I find my skin needs some extra moisture (I live in Edmonton, so yeah) I'll use either Cicalfate or the moisture masque. Such a great brand.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A Canadian winter must!!

The harsh arctic winds destroy the moisture barrier that I work so hard to maintain daily. Every winter I repurchase this moisturizer. I'm also a huge fan of the regular Hydrance Optimale but I need to upgrade to Riche by December. I can feel it soaking in like a sponge. My skin became so dehydrated that I broke out in cystic acne since my skin freaked out from the temperature change and tried to produce oil. That's when ironically, I need to put something thicker on my face. It took half my life to figure that out!

This is a great product to use at night and some might find it's not the greatest under foundation because it's so thick due to the shea butter. When I use it in the morning, after gentle cleansing and toning, I apply my Skinceuticals C E Ferulic and Hydrance Riche and let that sink in for around 5-10 minutes (sip some coffee while I wait). Then I use the Benefit Pore-Fessional Primer and the Dior Hydra Life BB Cream with SPF 30 and I have a really dewy finish.

It's hypoallergenic and non-comedegenic which puts me at ease as well. I've been using this Brand for almost 8 years and that moisturizer for about half that time and I hope you get the great results from it that I have.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Finally found something that works for my dry skin! Tried so many things before this; Lush, Simple, even an expensive serum, nothing could stop my skin from flaking. It made my foundation look awful and patchy.
However, this is a life saver! I only have to apply a little to the driest parts of my face e.g. middle of forehead, cheeks and eyelids and it sinks in so well and doesn't leave that greasy feeling you get with most moisturizers. It's a little expensive, but it spreads well so it lasts a while! Really recommend this to anyone with dry flaky skin.

This is definitely the best moisturizer I have ever used, really hydrates the skin.
The problem I had with other moisturizers in the past was that my skin would not soak it in, and it would roll off my skin into little pieces, that never happens with this one. Also it leaves the skin with a nice glow.