October 31, 2014 | 1428 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Riche

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by newyork777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is definitely the best moisturizer I have ever used, really hydrates the skin.
The problem I had with other moisturizers in the past was that my skin would not soak it in, and it would roll off my skin into little pieces, that never happens with this one. Also it leaves the skin with a nice glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Betto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A nice moisturizer, that's quite gentle on my skin. I like the packaging, too - simple, hygienic and practical, as it's made of plastic and won't break, and it is not heavy. Has a very faint scent, but it smells nice.Works well on dry skin, even normal to dry dehydrated skin. Made my skin feel hydrated, sinks in pretty well and didn't give me an oily sheen. I don't think it would work for very dry skin, though, as indicated on the tube.

Nowadays, my skin is not that dry (my skin type is forever changing..!), and I find it a bit too rich. I use it as an eye cream instead, or after I use my Mary Kay Timewise Microdermabrasion (or TBS Vitamin C Microdermabrasion, or for the matter, anything that will dry my skin slightly.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, I'm on my 2nd tube of this and can't believe I didn't rate it yet (I did rate the light version though).

I use this from fall until spring here in Ontario. I have very dry skin come this time frame that will result in flaky skin, tightness, sensitive and blotchy. Before I found this, I was using emu oil to try and help with my tight skin. I am also prone to eczema (this could be gluten related though) and although its dry skin I have, its also acne prone.

This product is my winter HG. Its priced at $32 at SDM which is expensive for what you get, but if you wait for it to be 25% off, its reasonably priced then at $24.

There is a bit of a fragrance, but none that bothers my highly irritable skin. I know some folks complain that a product meant for sensitive skin should be scentless, but MAYBE this product smells without it? I've used unscented stuff before and sometimes the lack of scent makes it smell horrible and I have to stop using it because the chemical/ingredient smell lingers on me.

Will continue to buy over and over again. Oh and to top it off, apparently the Avene line is gluten free for those of us with celiac!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by NaomiALopez

My skin is greasy but my cheeks get occasionally dry and flaky and I find this does the trick. But if you have dry skin I think you'd find this too light.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by zuleikadobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very, very dry and sensitive skin and was looking for a product to replace my Chanel Beaute Initiale moisturizer, which has been discontinued. My review in short: I'm still looking.

The long answer:

I give this a 3 overall - I wouldn't mind using it again, but it wasn't a particular joy to use. As with other Avene products, it felt high-quality and reliable, but this wasn't anything special. It isn't exorbitantly expensive off the bat, but it doesn't last very long.

The texture of the cream felt pleasant at first, but I found that it sat on my skin - it is, as described, very rich. I don't wear much makeup, but I would guess that for someone who does, it might be a bit greasy.

I love the packaging - that is, frankly, a large attraction of the brand for me. The tube was just the right size for putting in my bag or even a pocket. Two caveats: it's a squeeze tube, which feels a little bit less than perfectly sanitary, but that's not such a big deal. It's not for delivering intravenous drugs or anything. Also, after you're about halfway through the tube, it gets a little bit difficult to make the lotion come out.

If this product cost 3/4 the price, I would probably buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by marinpap

It's the worst moisturiser I've ever used. As soon as I applied it, my face started burning. I had to wash it off my face right away. Something in it irritated my skin badly. It is supposed to be for sensitive skin. I use korres products that don't irritate skin, although some natural ingredients get to blame for irritation. Anyway I had to throw it and I had paid almost 20 euros for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Tigris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The rich cream moisturizes my Nordic winter skin well during the winter months (right away) and does not make me break out.

Will re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by itschanti

I love this so much!!
I'm on acne medication is my skin is extremely dry. I used to wear the Avène Légère moisturizer but then I switched to this.

It leaves my skin hydrated and I feel like it calms my really sensitive skin.
Do NOT use this underneath your foundation though because it will get flakey and kinda crumble up.

Definitely is one of my must haves for winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by makeuplove9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive skin to the point where I am allergic to pretty much every brand of skin care. For the past few months my skin was more sensitive than ever; constantly sore, red, itchy and flaky and i stopped wearing foundation aswell because it looked terrible when my skin was so flaky and dry. I bought this at Priceline after hearing it was made especially for sensitive skin. I used it once and the next day my skin had improved literally overnight! The soreness, redness,itchiness and flakiness was gone. My skin was abit oily around my t-zone (unusual for me) but I think that is just because I applied too much. I just washed my face with water a few times and the oiliness was gone. Ever since I have used it ( about a week ago-and I only used it that one time) my skin is sooo much better. It looks so much better-not red at all and smooth looking and feels so soft. I don't have that constant sore burning feeling anymore and it's like my skin type changed overnight from dry/sensitive to normal. I also didn't get any bad reaction to this product like I do with most moisturisers. I would recommend this to anyone with very sensitive skin! It is basically an immediate fix! But I definitely think it is too thick to be an everyday moisturiser ( I think I will use the light version for that) but more of an intense relief cream when your skin is very sore and dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

This is fast becoming my new HG moisturiser even though I'm a diehard Cetaphil lover.

My Mum gave me a sample of this that she got from her dermatologist which I've been using for about a week now.

All I can say is WOW! I have dry/combo skin which is made drier from using benzoyl peroxide and AHA, and usually when I wake up in the morning my skin is quite greasy from putting on Cetaphil the night before. This moisturiser doesn't make my skin greasy at all!

So not only does this give me a more matte finish than Cetaphil, I also believe that it makes my skin feel a LOT smoother.

Non-greasy finish plus soft, supple skin = very happy me.

I took off a lippie for the price; here in Australia it's about $48! Thank god for eBay. ;)