December 19, 2014 | 1593 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Ultra Calming Makeup Removing Wipes

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by jaquelnat

THIS PRODUCT IS HORRIBLE! I advise anyone with sensitive skin to steer clear away from this product. These wipes caused an allergic reaction to my fave instead of "ultra calming".

First off, it left an oily film on my face. Second, it did not take off my eye makeup (liner and mascara) very well. Third, it left a stinging sensation around the eye area. Lastly, my whole face started to itch an hour or two prior to using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product. I've used the Neutrogena wipes religiously until I found these babies. The wipes themselves are light yet durable. They leave your face feeling soft and fresh. The neutrogena wipes left my face feeling so greasy. So happy I found this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Aveeno Removing Wipes in the green packaging.

Went on vacation for a week and didn't have any eye makeup remover so my mom brought these as an alternative. Yes, it does remove, but boy does it burn. And boy does it sting. I don't even have sensitive skin! I use the strongest acne products available but no, this one takes the cake.

Even if I could bear the sting or had a reason to use wipes on a daily basis (which I don't buy into even on vacation), after coming back after a week, I HAD WRINKLES UNDER MY EYES FROM HOW MUCH IT DEPLETED MY SKIN OF MOISTURE. The skin around my eyes looked like CRAP. Dry (super oily skin here), saggy, etc!

WRINKLES. Thank God they were temporary, I immediately lotioned them up for the next 2 days and they were gone but I can't even imagine using this on a daily basis. Jeez the nightmare. Aveeno, advance your aging! I'm sure every girl wants that =
Not.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by erinkaulback

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

These seem to work pretty well for other people but for me they were horrible! They are VERY heavily scented and in my opinion it isn't even a nice scent. They burned my eyes trying to remove my mascara and couldn't even get my eyeliner(pencil) all the way off. But I think the worst thing about them is the disgusting oily residue they leave on your skin and anything they touch - I had to wash my face with cleanser to get all the grease off my face and hands. I'll stick to my Simple wipes from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by janeyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love these things. They are my favorite makeup remover wipes in the world, and the only ones I've ever tried that don't sting my eyes when I try to take my mascara off. I don't really notice the smell at all, but I know other people find it very off-putting. I think one of the best parts about these wipes is the packaging. The lid snaps closed to keep the wipes fresh. I buy these over and over again I love them so much!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by rockabillyboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Takes eye make up off very well. I like the texture of the wipe. Very moisturizing and gentle. Doesn't leave the sticky residue that other wipes can leave on my skin.

Would buy agian when on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by XJP

This takes your make up nicely. I like how it doesn't feel like my skin is dried out after use. Now I did notice somedays when I come home and not take the make up off, I would use this instead, but for some reason it came a few tiny pimples here and there. My biggest peeve about this product would be the smell though. It's quite strong! It's decent and does what it needs to, but because of the smell I would rather go with Neutrogena's version of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by rebeccadi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've always had redness across my chin, cheeks and nose. For pretty much as long as I can remember. I've been searching for a makeup removal wipe that did it's job well without further irritating my skin, and preferably did not have just a sticky flap to close (as I've found they lose their stick after a few uses and the wipes would dry out).

"Sensitive skin can be unbalanced, leading to irritation and redness. Help rebalance your sensitive skin by cleansing with AVEENO® ULTRA-CALMING® Makeup Removing Wipes. These gentle, soft wipes remove dirt, oil, and even makeup. With ACTIVE NATURALS® CALMING FEVERFEW® , an ingredient related to chamomile, these wipes leave sensitive skin feeling soothed and balanced." -Aveeno's website

For me, these wipes did what they claimed to do. I was shocked. Not only did it remove all of my makeup (save for my waterproof mascara) with one wipe, my skin was dramatically less red. My skin didn't feel tight or dry, it was so soft and smooth and cool to the touch. I didn't notice much residue, if any, left by the wipes.

Why then have I knocked two lippies off? The smell. I found these wipes to be incredibly heavily scented. It's not a bad smell, just very strong. And it lingers. Boy does it linger. It got to the point where I was getting a massive headache. A quick splash of water got rid of the fragrance (but not my headache). Having to wash my face afterwards defeats the whole purpose of using wipes in the first place, imo. If I'm using wipes, I'm too tired/lazy and don't want to have to get up and wash my face. I just want to quickly wipe any makeup off and go to bed.

I would not recommend this product to someone who is affected by heavy fragrances, but if you have sensitive/red skin and are not bothered by it.. go for it! The only reason why I'm not going to purchase again is that using these gave me a headache that took me hours to get rid of.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ldtef002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is terrible. It says it is "ultra calming", it burned my face so bad. I don't know if my skin was just in a sensitive state at the time or what, but I gave this product a few tries. It doesn't work well with my skin. If you have sensitive skin, I suggest you not try this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Don't even waste your time and money. Sensitive?? With a super perpetuating smell? I don't know what Aveeno was thinking. Sensitive people like me are sensitive to fragrance which causes irritation to skin and overwhelms our noses. It didn't cause me irritation because I immediately rinsed and washed my face. It does Not remove makeup better than any ordinary remover wipe. It doesn't feel gentle at all. The package is okay except when youremove the sticker to open it leaves a sticky ring around where you pull the wipe out.