November 23, 2014 | 2105 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Face of Australia - Face Base Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by inasaduk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've got the purple version of this primer. I've got very oily skin, and this primer helps the oil at bay. Whenever I wear this primer, my foundation (any foundation) looks quite dewy and not completely matte (which I don't mind). The lasting power is awesome, and I love how it is oil free. The packaging is hygienic and practical. I've already bought a backup of this product and I would highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by faceart97

I like this primer. I got the oil free version and it didn't break me out. It helped my make up stay on all day. It made my skin soft. However, it didn't close poures or remove imperfections nor was my skin evened out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by ashaleyyy101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does nothing more than a moisturiser. Didnt act like a primer at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have tried Benefit's Porefessional. Hourglass. And a bunch of other silicone based primers. Initially, I thought primers served to smoothen the skin and create a barrier between your skin and foundation so your foundation can glide on - look smooth and flawless. With Benefit's Porefessional and L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur, I definitely saw the flawless foundation effect and silky face feeling but it didn't help AT ALL with the longevity of my foundation.

I needed a primer to help with the longevity of my foundation. I found that throughout the day my face would become an oily mess, especially down my T-zone. The foundation around my nose and laugh lines would separate and look blotchy. Blush would vanish. When I touched my face, I felt foundation on my hands! My natural oils had broken down my foundation. I tried a bunch of different foundations and gave up. (I kept thinking that buying different foundations would fix the issue).

THEN I READ ABOUT THIS MAGIC STUFF and decided.. at $8-12AUD... I didn't have much to lose. I would like to deeply thank all the MUAers that wrote reviews on this product because otherwise.. I would have ended buying foundation after foundation hoping one would work for me. This primer doesn't give the siliconey feel but it does ease the application of foundation.

This primer is very light and almost like a moisturiser but works fantastically. Previously.. my foundation would barely make the 4-5 hour mark. With this primer, I managed to get through an 8 hour shift at work! My make up still looked nice, albeit the slight shine down my T-zone.

Buy it and see the difference for yourself! If like me, you've given up on silky siliconey feeling primers! Target, K-mart usually have $3 off FOA products.

EDIT: I bought the one in the purple packaging, without SPF, because I like to use my own SPF. I apply moisturiser, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen (WAIT FOR IT TO DRY!), FOA Primer followed by my foundation right away whilst primer is still tacky. I split a tissue in half, blot any excess foundation off my face. Concealer. Powder face with Rimmel Stay Matte and this base will not budge.

For reference, I will mention. My face is normal/oily. It is only oily down the T-zone.
This primer works well with all the foundations I own. Here they are listed from dewy finish to most long lasting/matte. I'd like to mention, I couldn't use Covergirl 3-in-1 before cos it would accentuate every dry patch but this primer makes it possible.
Bourjois Healthy Mix
MAC Pro Longwear
L'oreal True Match
Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't say this does anything more than what a good moisturiser would. It has a lotion texture with a very slight silicone feel, so it does provide a nice smooth base for foundation to glide on, however this does nothing to control my oily t-zone which is what I need from a primer. I think this could work well for normal-dry skin types to prep the skin so that the foundation doesn't fade off in patches on drier areas. But for more oily skin types, this doesn't do much in terms of oil-controlling properties that prevent oil or sweat breaking through sooner and for the foundation to 'stick' to the skin and not slide off.

Overall, I think this is more suited to normal-dry skin types. It's very affordable and actually is an exact dupe for Napoleon Perdis' Auto Pilot Primer so it's a great buy but because of my skin type I would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Manyfacesofzozo

This primer just didn't work for me at all. I have a oily t zone and when ever I apply this under my foundation, it helps my oily skin eat through my foundation. My foundation honestly stays on from much longer when I don't use this. Oh well, more primer hunting

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by uxi

A cheap product that does the job and does not break me out (is oil-free). Has a gentle, herbal scent that is not at all irritating. Feels nice and cool when applied to the skin.
Comes in a tube with a slightly flimsy cap, but I will not complain for the price. Will recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best primer out there. I have always used Napoleon perdis primer...dabbled and tried others but always come back to it. This has exactly the same ingredients but different fragrance. This is amaZing. It is a gel type moisturizer. It feels wonderful going on and it actually works to help your makeup stay longer and look better. I will always use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Carla1346

BUY THIS! This is a super cheap well working primer! This is amazing ok so it's perfect it's like a moisturiser but so much better this makes my makeup last all day like all day as in 24 hours! This is great for dry skin oily skin combination skin and girl or guy can use this primer! I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing primer. It hydrates the skin yet is able to control shine throughout the day. It also makes my makeup last longer on my skin. Such a cheap price as well! A definite must try.