September 21, 2014 | 988 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Beach Trippin' Salt Waving Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by rambochick82

This is a great product! I saw it on my aunt's dresser when I was about to jump into the pool and bought after using it. Just a few sprays on my damp hair does the trick with a little teasing- and the price is great for the amount of product. The end result is soft, very nice mermaid-y waves. There's only a tiny scent of salt when you spray, but after that there isn't any smell. The only con is that my hair goes a little flat after a while, but my hair is very thick and hard to keep voluminous. Definitely will be buying again for my summer do's!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by msdiffthanmost

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you want perfect wavy & shiny looking hair that stays fresh all day then this is the BEST!!!!
I just love this stuff!
By far the best I have come across.
Leaves hair shiny even though it is semi stiff.
I was using the (OGX) Organix Moroccan Sea Salt Spray which left salt particles in my hair that looked like paint!
I just wish the bottle was bigger LOL!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by megannduffett

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must be doing something wrong. I have read many great reviews on the product but I felt that this product did nothing but make my hair oily, heavy and look frizzy and messy. I have been looking for a salt water spray for my hair, and decided to pick this one up at my local Walmart because it was a great price and I heard tons of great stuff about it. I tried this product when my hair was damp and another time when it was dry. My hair felt greasy when I first applied the product, and as I let it air dry, it felt very heavy. My hair looked more messy and frizzy than anything, just like I got out of bed! The messiness could have probably been easily fixed but combing it out or something, but my the texture and oily feeling in my hair just completly turned me away from this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by AkiraMakena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this texture spray. I have naturally wavey hair, but I wanted more define and less frizzy beach waves. After a shower, I spray this on my damp hair, hand scrunch, and let it air dry. Heat seems to just frizz it up and it does nothing to dry hair but make it feel too dry. It doesn't really eliminate frizz or give me the super beachy waves I want, but it gives me much more define waves than my natural hair. It provides very basic function and is cheap, but it doesn't give me what I want in a texture spray and I'm skeptic about the ingredients. Will try a new salt spray after this runs out (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great salt spray. Pretty cheap, cute packaging, and makes my hair really wavy. I just spray this on damp hair, scrunch it, and when it's dry just finger brush it out and add dry shampoo for volume, and I'm done. My hair routine is so simplified it is crazy!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Megan6205

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's pretty good. My hair is long and thick and it's naturally wavy but it's very frizzy. When I used this is was less frizzy, but only a little increase in waves. I want to try another brand, but for now this one will do.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by pk2013

I have thick, curly/wavy hair and have been using this on top of a leave-in conditioner. I like this because it's cheaper than a salon brand that I've been using (and loved). It doesn't leave a filmy, sticky texture so I just get nicer, more-defined waves. I'm not sure if I'd get this again or just buy my salon brand and dilute it so that it's not so sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by victoriajonesss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this spray a lot! I spray some in when my hair is a bit damp, scrunch my hair and I get great waves and texture. I prefer using this to mousses or anything like that, because it doesn't make my hair hard or crispy. I also really like the smell, but some people may find it a little strong, but it does go away pretty quickly. All in all, I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Melissies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved Garniers surf spray but haven't been able to find in stores for years now. This is the only "beach hair" product I have seen since, and while I thought surf spray was much better...this does the job if this is the look you are seeking. I find in the winter, the beach hair look can be harder to pull off, especially with pale, non tanned skin and you may find yourself looking a little unkempt with dirty messy hair, but it works if your looking for a messy look that doesn't look like you just woke up and should not have left the house that way under any circumstances. If done right....slightly damp hair, spritzed on, scrunched and tousled, left to finish air drying, it really can be a sexy "I don't care", yet still hot look. That said, this specific product makes my hair feel a little more dry then surf spray and it adds a little extra volume that looks a little poofy. the surf spray gave the messy, tousled, chunky stranded look, yet it kept it a little more smooth and not as textured which I thought looked better at least on my hair. (My hair is brown with some leftover blond highlights, a little past my shoulders, and that not quite straight, not quite wavy natural texture when left to air dry). my choices are to do my hair to make it a more even wavy/spiral curly or blow it out for an all over straight look. When I don't have the time or energy to do either, yet doing nothing looks messy but not in a sexy way, then this is my go to product. doesn't have the hold of any type of hairspray, yet does manage to leave a lasting all day non hairspray hard or sticky hold.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

I have never used a beach spray before so I have no clue what to compare this with. I have butt length long hair that is waveish but doesn't curl much. I used to use good gels and believe me,this will make your hair feel COARSE and therefore, full of texture. It does curl your hair forsure, but its VERY drying so keep that in mind. My hair felt like straw but I quickly learned to just oil my hair before I shower and my hair would be soft and moisturized so this wouldn't dry it out. If you dont have a conditioner/oil then this will dry it out and it will TANGLE,like knots that will break your hair, so beware.

Once you get over that, this makes BEAUTIFUL CURLS! Love this, another amazing product by Got2Be. This doesn't work on wet hair, so spray it on dry hair and while its damp, I either braid it overnight or put it up in rollers and in the morning I have beautiful curls THAT LAST! A disclaimer that it is strongly scented, I love it but some wont, its very citrus-ish and a beachy scent and it goes away soon once hair is dry again. Definitively repurchasing! No more gels and mousses for me, Im a life time consumer! A tab bit pricey with the $6 but worth it!
Check out my reviews on other hair products and let me know if this review was helpful or not. :)

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No