July 28, 2014 | 1941 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences Shine Collection Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Although I'd get this again, that's only because it smells so nice. Performance-wise, I much prefer my favorites, Drama Clean and the tea tree one.
Why? Well, they just clean better. My hair stays full and light for a good 48 hours if I choose to co-wash. However, the conditioner for this is really great. The fragrance lingers but in a good way. I would add the Shine shampoo to my rotation but only if DC was still available. Thankfully, it's still out there. And HE is still my best friend. I'm so happy with these products, it's ridiculous. Still wish they made the Long Term Relationship leave-in, that was excellent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

I have thick dry and dull hair. This shampoo has great fragrance its not too much. My hair was getting oily suddenly and with this shampoo came nice shine, softness, and my hair is lasting clean longer! Wow! I am glad this is back!
**Update 03/03/14**
I am not sure if its because I have gone sulfate free these past months and suddendly went back to sulfates-or it's the new Shine collection formula, but I noticed that my hair started falling out!! I started noticing small hairballs in the shower drain!!! also, when I would brush my hair some strands started to come loose... :/ I left the bottle halfway and swtiched back to the Renpure shampoos (which does NOT have SULFATES) and with a big sigh of relief noticed that my hair stopped falling out during shampoo and brushing...
FRom four lippies I put it at 1...wish I could give it -1...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by melanous

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is so amazing! Glad to have found this at Walmart and discover that it was brought back to the market (for once consumers win!!). So I got both conditioner and shampoo (yellow bottles) and it makes my hair look sooooo good. I brought it to my sister's house, she was so impressed that she started using it. When my mom came to visit, she loved it and now I've gotten her hooked! Trust me we are product whores and not afraid to spend money on high end and imported products so take my word for how great this is!

I haven't tried the pink version yet because this works so well for me. I have tried so many high end products over the last twenty+ years beginning with the Sebastian spritz way back in the late 80s/90s, Aveda, Sexy Hair, etc., etc., etc. Trust me the list goes on and on and on as I used to be a beauty supply store junkie. Anyway, middle of 2013 I was jonesing for the old smell of this shampoo (we used Herbal Essence back in the 70s when I was a kid when it was green). Well, that smell is long gone but thinking this original style shampoo was discontinued (it was for a couple years when it was replaced by the kool-aid versions with the curvy bottles tried some, hated them all and the gross smells). This stuff is exactly what I wanted: no fuss, cleans hair simply, doesn't weigh my fine hair down, good price. Together with conditioner gives your hair a sheen that you only see on children under 10. AMAZING DRUGSTORE FIND!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyAleena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair: Thick, curly, dry, shoulder-length (rockin' a bob)

This product was terrible! Okay, I'll be honest...When I was washing my hair with this product, my hair felt soft and manageable. The scent was really nice. It rinsed out well and I had no tangles which made the detangling process so much easier.

BUT once I dried and straightened my hair...Oh my god...my hair had the greasiest film and looked dull and thin. My hair was weighed down BAD and it felt gummy. Not soft.

I really wanted to like this product, but I hated the way my hair looked after using it. I would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by paleseptember

I was so happy to see the shampoo and conditioner in my local Boots (2 x 500ml bottles for under £4) after using it right through the 90s and really missing it when they updated their line of products.

The smell is beautiful, clean and fresh but not synthetic. I think it is strong enough that my hair still smells great the day after washing but it doesn't interfere with my perfume.

I find the formula very clarifying but it does not strip my hair at all. I have an oily scalp but I'm prone to sensitivity. This shampoo feels very soothing - I have been using it for a couple of weeks and there is no sign of dryness of itchiness.

I tend to be fickle with shampoo and conditioner but as long as I'm able to purchase this line I will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Beautyliciousreviews

I'm so excited to review this product, well I just recently purchased this when I saw it in stores, I was looking for any clarifying or gentle shampoo. I had gone through a bs allergic reaction to my previous shampoo and conditioner (matrix biolage hydrotherapié) I saw this and the smell really did allure me it looked fairly gentle and clarifying I do use this shampoo with the shine collection (pink bottle with rose hips) conditioner, I have been getting constant compliments on the smell of my hair. This shampoo has not failed to blow me away, since the first day I used it it took away my itch and red bumps from the allergy, my hair is so much shinier and luxurious it feels a lot cleaner and I love that the shampoo is in a gel type consistency rather than the latest shampoos that have a more thick pasty consistency! I love the packaging myself but I feel like it doesn't really catch a customers eye, I do feel like they should redesign the packaging to look a little bit more updated, not extremely flashy colors with funky bottle shapes like the modern herbal essences but still a clear bottle with more color! This product has really stolen my heart, my hair has stopped falling out too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

This is my HG shampoo. I tried lots of shampoo but my scalp is very sensitive with some of the ingredients and I always ended up with dry flaky dandruff on some spots and itchy oily on others. I tried Pantene, Garnier,organix,l'oreal,etc. nothing worked and made it even worst especially the Garnier shampoos. I have veryyyyyy long hair (past my bottom) and because of this I have dry ends. This shampoo is pretty clarifying so the way I use this shampoo is I lather my scalp and hair down to my shoulder and leave the rest of the hair be. When I rinse the lather will run down and clean the rest of my hair without being to "squaeky" clean to the point of stripping all of my natural oil. Unless I feel like my hair is very dirty that's how I wash my hair (every 3rd day). Sometimes I switch up with the pink colored one but this one is my fave. I always buy mine from target.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by clp0930

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the sent of this shampoo and I like the way it makes my hair look but I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to it. I've been breaking out in red bumps behind my ears and along my hairline soif you have sensitive skin I'd avoid this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by anna514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this shampoo! Smells amazing and leaves my hair super soft and shiny. One of the best shampoos I've had in a while. My hair actually doesn't fall out as much as before which is great because my hair fall out all the time. Would definitely buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by nellieter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to use this shampoo (and conditioner) in my early twenties until it was no longer available. I loved it then, and, almost ten years later, I love it now.
Here are my reasons: I absolutely hate residue and need a shampoo that rinses clean and doesn't cause build up or oil. This does that for me. I use a clarifying shampoo once a week and this every other day and my hair is shiny and build-up free.
Which brings me to my next reason- the shininess. My hair really is shiny when I use this (with the conditioner).
Third reason- the smell. It lingers on my hair the whole day. Everyone tells me my hair smells good. It's subtle, on me at least.
And last- it's cheap! Usually five dollars or less. Can't beat that.

I really hope they keep this around for a long time.