July 31, 2014 | 1940 users online

Primer/ Corrector - By Terry - Hyaluronic Hydra-primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

First impressions: it goes on nicely, evens out texture and has a reasonable brightening effect without obvious shimmer or sparkle. It makes skin matte but clear, though it does not cover brown spots; it just makes skin look brighter as I said. Unlike other By Terry products, it doesnt have a strong scent - which I am thankful for. I applied some BobbiBrown Skin foundation over it and By Terry Hyaluronic powder: matte finish, sort of clear skin effect.
I will wear it to work tomorrow and update review.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm giving this a low mark because the product description is VERY mis-leading and had I known more about it, I would NOT have purchased it.

The concept is that this is a primer that erases/fills in lines, pores, etc to create a flawless base for any foundation. The product is also described as bringing moisture to the skin so it's great for all types.

NOT true.

It works by bringing moisture FROM the AIR to the skin. Well, ok. It's not like your spritzing water onto your face to keep it moist, however.. and THERE is the problem if you have dry skin.

Oily chicks, you'll love this product. It goes on with a cool sensation and dries to a matte finish. It stays matte... the entire time. I have DRY skin, this made me look HORRIBLE. Under foundation my skin looked dehydrated, dry, sickly. Just... terrible. And I used it UNDER a By Terry foundation and OVER a By Terry moisturizer. Terrible.

Now, no where on the site or the product does it say this is NOT for dry skin. I looked at blogs reviewing it, nothing. It wasn't until I went to the Barneys site that it read "For normal to combination skin". Ahhhhh... dry skin chicks KNOW this means DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT, lol.

Does it fill in everything? Yes, it does which is why I gave it 2 lips. You don't need much and it blends on very easily. The cooling sensation is great. But, dry skin ladies, STAY AWAY. Not a good thing for us.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No