L'Oreal Nude Magique CC Cream Anti-Dullness

2.9

on 7/19/2015 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've never written a review for Makeup Alley before but felt compelled to because this product can really work for some of you out there that have under eye darkness you want to colour-correct. This goes on a light peach which oxidises to salmon/orange as you blend to counteract any blue tones that are usually found in under eye darkness. This CC cream has quickly become my holy grail product.

When I apply this, I use it like a concealer. The idea is that you want to colour correct rather than use this like a traditional foundation, so only apply this product where you really need it. I tend to add two layers of product just under the eye - the liquid is very light and absorbs easily which allows you to layer the product without it becoming cakey. I then add a small layer at the sides of my nose and under my chin which also tend to have darker pigmentation. For the rest of my face, this CC cream is highly pigmented so I add the tiniest amount for my forehead, cheeks and the rest of my nose. I don't wear foundation on top of this but might wear a primer underneath it to keep me from oiling up.

The product lasts well - even for someone with oily skin. It was doing its job after a full day and after my daily run.

I noticed a lot of complaints from other reviewers that the product is too orange. This is probably true for fair skinned types, but I think it would work for most people if they use it sparingly and not as a traditional foundation. My skin tone fluctuates a lot depending on whether I've picked up a tan over summer, but I adjust the amount I use.

on 6/19/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This product was horrible. It was really expensive but all it did was leave my face orange. I hated the grainy texture of this cream and left my skin tone looking blotchy. Don't waste your time.

I also wasted money buying the L'Oreal Nude Magique Anti-Redness cream too and it was just as bad.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This cc cream is amazing! When i applied it was very runny but quickly turned to foundation, It left a terrific airbrushed finished, it colour corrected my skin, covers blemishes perfectly. If you do buy this product you will need to apply moisturiser before using and don't use to much because it can turn a bit orange but overall a great foundation/cc cream. 100% recommend

on 6/6/2014 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product did not worked on me.
I found it quite thick, very visible on my skin, and
I haven't seen any differences.
I prefer Mac primers.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I very rarely wear foundation. I could always feel that it was on my face. So I wanted to try something that would have an effect on my skin that was not over the top, nor be able to feel it with my fingers.

This product did exactly that for me! It did a great job and didn't feel like I was wearing it! I also have dry/sensitive skin, so the cream like substance really helped me.
Would definitely buy this again when it runs out :)

on 5/19/2014 4:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like this product, I don't use it everyday as I like to use foundation but its nice for non-make up days to make me look fresh and awake as its a very light and natural looking product. I have mixed race skin so a beige colour with yellow undertones, as others have said, it is a very orange colour when first applied which really shocked me but if you haven't put too much on, after a few minutes it calms down and matches to your skin tone. I find this product is put to best use on holiday when I don't want to wear a full face but still want a little bit of something, as it changes colour to match your skin I only need one product because I can keep applying it thoughout my holiday even though my skin is tanning. One down side is that it does seem to promote dry patches when applied on naked skin but I always moisturise before any products go on my face so this isnt a massive issue for me personlly. All in I'm quite happy with this and it will always be my goto when I hit the beach!

on 5/2/2014 2:27:00 AM

I have never written a review on make up alley, but when I saw the rating for this product I find that it did NOT do any justice for it. Like with all products you've got to have the skin type that suits it. I have typical fair-medium asian skin tone, combination skin, a few acne scarring and I absolutely love this product. If you're after a product that provides a foundation-like coverage, this is not the product for you. What I was looking for in this product was something that covers my blemishes, acne scarring but still thin enough to look like bare skin, and this product does the job. I can't say that it has a long lasting power, but it lasts a good 6-8 hours. Although I have to be honest that it did not cover my darker acne scars, but like with anything else I use, I put concealer on on top of it anyways. If you have oilier skin you might want to put a powder over it, but for my combination skin I don't need to put anything on it and its perfect. I understand why some people don't like this product due to the colour range, but that's pretty much the only downside.

on 1/10/2014 6:16:00 PM

I love this & I have used up the full tube; however I haven't rushed out & bought anymore. I probably would if it was on offer but despite loving it I'm not dying to repurchase it for some reason

on 12/16/2013 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this because I thought it was really fun and interesting to see how the CC Cream turned from purple to skin-colour. It IS fascinating! Though, with that being said, on the skin it's really not that amazing. It makes my skin look even drier and extremely orange. I think L'Oreal should have worked more on this product before they released it, as they need to make it adjust more to people's different skin tones.

on 9/19/2013 6:07:00 AM

I was excited when I got my hands on L'Oreal CC Cream Anti-Dullness. The color of the cream is light purple which means that it can correct skin tone. The texture is very thin, runny almost like water so it is very easy to spread evenly on my face and blend it onto my skin. It has no disturbing smell too. Since it corrects skin tone, it cannot cover my redness, acne scars and dark spots on my face. Though it can correct my dark circles a bit, it is not awesome. So in my opinion, this CC cream can be used as makeup base.
Unfortunately, this product got oxidized on my face. It turned my face orangey (orangish?). I tried to use it 2x without any other makeup to no avail. it still turned my face into orangey color. I tried to use BB cream and then foundation on another day on top of this CC cream, the result was the same. My face looked orangey. To make it worse, it caused breakout every time I used this CC cream.