January 25, 2015 | 2158 users online

Eyes - NYX - Wonder Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Jamierhip

This is my holy grail. I use it to highlight my brows, and conceal, but I mostly use it for my water line + around the tear duct. It's so much better than a white pencil, because no ones eye whites are actually a true white. It makes my eyes look awake, and bigger and brighter, yet I don't look like I have ANYTHING on. I love it! I think it cost 4.50. I'll be going back and snatching up every last one. I have this in light, may experiment with the medium. You need this if you're a throw on your make up and go type of woman(:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 4:43:00 AM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this from Target, and I don't remember what the price was. Anyway, got it in "dark", and although lighter than I assumed it would be, it's creamy and doesn't drag. I use it for a quick brow bone and tear duct highlight- it blends well and isn't ashy on my skin. It's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 12:02:00 PM More reviews by thehappykitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Obsessed. This is in pencil form and it is a delight to use - creamy enough to use as a concealer, precise enough to use as lip liner, and my favorite way to use it is in my lower waterline, which totally brightens the eyes and helps me to look more awake and refreshed.
I use the shade Light and it matches my skin tone perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2015 9:34:00 PM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the idea of the wonder pencil, but unfortunately I think its utility is limited to a nude eyeliner for me. With the limited shade range available from NYX, inevitably a lot of people will fall in between shades or beyond the shade range. Personally, I am between the medium and dark shades.

As a concealer, aside from the distinct lack of a proper color match, I find this isn't creamy enough to blend easily and instead it has a tacky feel. The pencil format also means that as I try to conceal more, I end up displacing the concealer underneath as it is difficult to stipple with a pencil. Due to these difficulties, it is difficult to achieve full coverage and I would classify this more as medium coverage.

As a reverse lip liner, it looks ridiculously unnatural to have a ring of lighter skin around my lips. I have tried blending it but again didn't have much luck and my lipstick still bled a little. I'm not sure if I compromised the efficacy of the product by attempting to blend it though.

Overall, while this pencil has some fantastic claims it fell short of them for me. I use this for my waterline occasionally but due to the limited shade range it doesn't work for me as a concealer or reverse lip liner.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2015 11:33:00 AM More reviews by PollyRH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very natural way to brighten up the eye and get a more awaken appearance; itīs natural and opens up the eye, so itīs not as obvious as using a white pencil. It lasts decently (I donīt set it with powder, just cause my eyes are so sensitive I donīt wanna overload them), and itīs not difficult to apply; the texture is creamy enough. Itīs an average good product from the drugstore, just does its job.

IT DID NOT IRRITATE MY EYES (which are really sensitive)!! Probably, considering that and the price tag, i will totally repurchase this once i run out of it.

The price is affordable, and the packaging itīs just standart, not too fancy, just drugstore. I like that itīs not retractable but in a pencil format, since I find sharpening those easier and more hygienic.

I wouldnīt use it for anything else further than the waterline, thought. I tried it on the browbone but it wasnīt neither pale nor creamy enought to be propertly blended in. Neither did it convince me the result when applied on the inner corner of the eye, the shade isnīt meant for that purpose, from my point of view.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lips are pigmented, so I use this pencil as a lip concealer. Works brilliantly to neutralize the color of my lips and make my lipsticks appear true to color. I'm an NC40-42 and I use the dark shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

This pencil is supposed to have multiple uses but the only use I've had for it is in my waterline. The pencil has a very dry formula so it doesn't blend very nicely. I was hoping to use this to clean up around the edges of my lips after applying a dark lipstick but it looks terrible. I've tried using it on small dark spots and it doesn't cover well. Shade range is a disappointment. Also I wouldn't ever attempt to use this as under eye concealer because seriously who uses a tiny pencil under the eyes? With the dry formula you would be dragging and tugging under there. No bueno.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by cmykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I REALLY love this pencil. I don't actually use it much for my waterline, but I use it to highlight small areas of my face and it makes a world of difference. It blends in really well too. It's great for just under the brows and cupid's bow as well. It gives my makeup a more fresh and photo-ready look. It's like having the Photoshop highlight tool in real life.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased Light in order to spot conceal blemishes on my face. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to like to stay put. So I tried it in the waterline, but it didn't stay there either. To be fair, I didn't try setting with powder (because I use powder underneath my foundation). I do use it underneath the outer corners of my eyes to brighten them fairly well.

Pros:
* creamy
* easy for spot application
* mostly opaque

Cons:
* the cap cracks (fixed with masking tape)
* no staying power on water line for watery eyes
* fades over blemishes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the wonder pencils in both light and dark. I intended to use the light for the waterline and the dark was an excellent match on my NC 42 skin for redness on the face. I love the dry formula because it assures that the concealer will stay in place. I intended to try the light shade as opposed to buying a white pencil because when I used the Milk jumbo pencil it was fatter, flakier and did not appear to look natural. I love the fact that these pencils are skinner which allows more application control. On my eyes, the light looked great though I am now curious to see if the medium shade will compliment my skin even better. Somehow I lost my light pencil and started using the dark shade for the waterline and it also works wonderfully! I was worried using the dark tone was going to make my eyes look yellow or smaller and it actually still brightened my eyes.

Six months later and I still have more than half of the pencil left. I just love the concept of the pencil and will now purchase the medium shade.