November 28, 2014 | 873 users online

Eyes - NYX - Wonder Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by cmykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I REALLY love this pencil. I don't actually use it much for my waterline, but I use it to highlight small areas of my face and it makes a world of difference. It blends in really well too. It's great for just under the brows and cupid's bow as well. It gives my makeup a more fresh and photo-ready look. It's like having the Photoshop highlight tool in real life.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased Light in order to spot conceal blemishes on my face. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to like to stay put. So I tried it in the waterline, but it didn't stay there either. To be fair, I didn't try setting with powder (because I use powder underneath my foundation). I do use it underneath the outer corners of my eyes to brighten them fairly well.

Pros:
* creamy
* easy for spot application
* mostly opaque

Cons:
* the cap cracks (fixed with masking tape)
* no staying power on water line for watery eyes
* fades over blemishes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the wonder pencils in both light and dark. I intended to use the light for the waterline and the dark was an excellent match on my NC 42 skin for redness on the face. I love the dry formula because it assures that the concealer will stay in place. I intended to try the light shade as opposed to buying a white pencil because when I used the Milk jumbo pencil it was fatter, flakier and did not appear to look natural. I love the fact that these pencils are skinner which allows more application control. On my eyes, the light looked great though I am now curious to see if the medium shade will compliment my skin even better. Somehow I lost my light pencil and started using the dark shade for the waterline and it also works wonderfully! I was worried using the dark tone was going to make my eyes look yellow or smaller and it actually still brightened my eyes.

Six months later and I still have more than half of the pencil left. I just love the concept of the pencil and will now purchase the medium shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by dftns107

I just recently purchased to line my bottom waterline. I purchased it in light and also medium and i found medium to be the best for this, I have fair skin and dark hair. This is suppose to be a multi use pencil but honestly i wouldnt use it for anything else. It doesnt cover anything but that isnt a problem for me because thats not what i bought this for. If you're looking for a concealer this is not for you, if you want something natural and not sparkly at all for your waterline this has been my favorite so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by RosieMiranda

Since moving to southern Louisiana, I have basically stopped wearing makeup (hot+humid=sweat that even setting spray can't conquer). However, this pencil has proven itself to truly be a wonder. I use it mostly on my eyes to combat dark circles. The product covers up my darkness AND brightens my eyes and stays on through the humidity and sweat. It goes on pretty light at first but blends in perfectly once i tap it in. It layers well, so you can build it to the coverage you need. I've also noticed that even though I don't use primer, this product doesn't crease.

I also use it occasionally as reverse eyeliner, lipliner, and in a pinch I also use it as a spot concealer. This product won't disappoint. It sharpens well, the price is fair, and it's easy to find wherever they sell NYX products (I get it at Ulta). I will definitely purchase again and I've turned a lot of my friends onto this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I only use this on my lips when I want to create a beigey rose nude on my lips. I don't use too much because then it'll look ashy so I apply it and blot off the excess. I pair this with Revlon's Rosy Future Super Lustrous lip gloss and it become a rosy beige nude lip.
I do like that the liner disappears as it fades off, but the Dark shade, which I have, is too light to use as a concealer. Without a light hand, it's even too light for my lips and I have to blot off the extra color. Nice concept, but the shade range sucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am OBSESSED with this pencil! It truly is a wonder. I'm wearing less foundation and more BB creams these days, so I find a need for concealer. The pencil is perfect. I just draw on the spots that need concealing and lightly blend with my fingertips. DONE! It's perfect.

I also use it to line the water line, highlight under the brow, and line my lips. This stuff is multifunctional, high performing and super cheap. NYX really hit it out of the park with this one.

I highly recommend and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by abyvanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's quick and easy to use. I use it under my eyes to conceal dark eye circles sometimes when I'm in a rush, or to cover any spots. It does fairly well at covering darkness and discoloration. I also use it on my cupids box, and as a highlighter for my brows.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this exclusively on the outside of my lips to prevent lip color from bleeding. I only have "bleeding" problem with lip glosses (one of the reasons why I hate that gunk). This does a nice job of preventing that, the few times I wear l/g. I use it on top of foundation. I spread it gently with my finger and add a bit of powder on top to set it. On my lips I use NYX Lip Primer and that works very well to hold l/s in place.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm rating this two lippies because I really have one use for this, although it claims to do a lot more.

I've found it too thick to properly blend around problem areas and feels quite thing around my waterline.

I really only use this to line my lips if I plan to lighten up a darker color, it works alright.