April 19, 2014 | 886 users online

Eyes - NYX - Wonder Pencil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been lining my bottom eye rim with a nude eye pencil for the past several years. It makes my eyes look bigger and more awake. The brands that I was buying were Paula Dorf, Vincent Longo or Tarte. The cost per pencil was between $18-$24. I was thrilled when I found the NYX Wonder Pencil for $4.99. The pencil is soft and non irritating to my eyes. This pencil is as good as the more expensive brands. I will definitely purchase again when this pencil runs out. Normally a pencil like this lasts about a year for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

I have to go buy back-ups of this. I use this primarily for concealing dark acne scars - not the craters but the dark spots/dots that are left on your skin. I have several around my nose and mouth and the Medium shade conceals *perfectly*. I apply my foundation and then rub this all over the scars. It's like watching someone on Photoshop go through with an eraser - the dark spot just completely disappears! The texture is creamy and I blend with my fingertip. Then I dab translucent powder to set. This is the best concealer I have ever used in my entire life and, as I said, I need to go buy back-ups!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This was a disappointing product from Nyx. I have had great luck with Nyx lately except for this.

Pros:
The price

Cons:
Does not really brighten my watering
Barely stays on for three hours
The formula is dense and hard to work with

Will not be repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have Light and Medium and I am in love. I use both constantly to help conceal, sharpen lines, and highlight. Totally matte and transfer resistant. I highly recommend these.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by KJette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What a neat little product.

I don't own or wear lots of makeup, and I try to have the most simple makeup routines as possible. When I first saw this product I thought 'Oh sure, just another unnecessary step to add in the morning. How much of a difference do waterlines and reverse lip lining actually make?' I couldn't help but be intrigued by the potential of this product, and it's so affordable, I bought it in Light.

I kind of love it! I'm still not convinced it works 'wonders' but it's sure a handy little thing that have around! I use it to line my waterline and to correct pigmentation around my lip line. Makes me look and feel more polished and awake. I think it's too light and waxy to use as a concealer, but I suppose in a pinch it would be better than nothing. It's just so convenient to throw in your purse and use whenever, it's hard not to love it.

Is it a must-have? I didn't think it would be, but I'm beginning to change my tune. I definitely don't 'need' it but now that I've tried it, I'd rather not live without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by MzDT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works for me wonderfully, but I don't use it on my waterline or for blemishes. I use it around my nose instead of concealer, and for that purpose, it is amazing. Just gives me a flawless look. I also think it works great to cover up flat scars - from old blemishes, pigmentation issues, ect. Set with a bit of powder, I think great and the price is fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by chicshrieks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Forget about using this to cover up blemishes, it's way too waxy so won't blend out evenly. These wonder pencils only come in three shades, and I bought it in 'medium' because my skin is a bit darker now (its Summer).

NYX touts this pencil as multi-purpose; you can use it to line your waterline to brighten your eyes, use it as a reverse lip liner and to cover up blemishes. Like I said before, forget about this as a concealer.

The pencil isn't the absolute best for lining waterlines-I had to go over it a couple of times for it to show up. But in a pinch, this will do. I found that using this as a reverse lip liner worked best. Whenever I wear a bright lip colour, I always use this to define my cupids bow and cover up the awful red ring I have around my lips. The bottom line is: this is best as a lip liner, okay as an eyeliner and useless as a concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was expecting too much from this product when I first bought it (for my waterline) but after awhile I started liking it a lot more. However it does definitely make your eyes look wider and brighter. Its reasonably cheap so id suggest it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by JayBee422

I L O V E this thing! OMG, let me tell you how amazing it is! I used it to line my eyes, which are tiny, and it opened them up! I even had someone ask me what was different on me! I also used it as a reverse lip liner, and it made my lips look nice & full. I have the medium color & it complimented my skin pretty well. Over all, it's a must buy! I'm going to ulta today to buy another one!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I had my heart set on loving this so I'm bummed this turned out to be a flop. First, the shades. Medium was too light for my skin but okay for the waterline. Dark was better but it does have a strong red/orange hue to it. When I applied this over a blemish, it looks foolish like BAM LOOK at this blemish. I put a big orange dot on it! So we go into the next huge problem with this. It does not blend at all. Now, I have oily skin so most things melt into my skin with ease, not this pencil. I find this pencil to be hard and reminds me of those long skinny Wet 'n Wild eye pencils I used in the 90's. Such poor cheap quality here with Wonder Pencil.