July 30, 2014 | 1855 users online

Eyes - NYX - Wonder Pencil

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by angelzplay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The Deep/dark may look dark on fair to light skinned women but it did nothing for me and looked like ash on my lips. If it's dark/deep it should be a deeper color than this.

Why call it deep? It's not deep enuff for women of Color

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by ediepuig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This pencil rates somewhere between "Bleh!" & "Meh" in my book.

1. Too dense & dry for my waterline or for highlighting anywhere (eye area or otherwise).
2. Does bad things on the sides of my nose. (Slightly oily area w/ redness from broken capillaries + enlarged pores).
3. On bare skin, it's just ok at concealing faint age spots on my normal/dry cheeks. But the application is rather unreliable. Sometimes it lays down nicely w/ decent coverage & stays put, sometimes it chunks & drags & flat-out fails to conceal.

Great concept. But awkward, & ineffective.

Bottomline: If you have absolutely nothing better to do (& have the time, patience, & inclination to coddle your products), give it a try. It may work for you in some way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Mis72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love to use this pencil for lining the inside corners and bottom rim of eyes,& highlight my brow bone. Makes them pop! Also, I put a bit in the "cupid bow" of upper lip before applying lipstick because I wear a lot of crayon colors on my lips and I don't like to line too much. This keeps the color on my lips without bleeding to my skin, like an invisible liner. All that for an amazing price $4.59!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by icanhazcheezburger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was going to get the rimmel nude eyeliner but it had poor reviews, mainly because of the lasting power.

I can't compare the two but with this eyeliner, I can't really ask for more. I will say that it doesn't give off a whole lot of pigment when placed on the waterline, but it gives off just enough to give a perfect, natural look. The staying power is great, 4/5. I also use it to trace along my eyebrows to sharpen the shape of them. You can basically use this eyeliner for anything you can think of. Definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by prtyleprd90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw the NYX Wonder Pencil in one of my local beauty supplies and its advertisement showed 3 pictures: the pencil covering frecklage(freckles) , lining the water line , and lastly lining the lips. I was intrigued and out of the 3 shades available (Light/Medium/ Dark) I opted for the DARK to try it out. (Note: the 3 shades are not based upon the traditional color system for makeup. I.e.: if you are a Cocoa color the Dark will be too light. The Dark is perfect for tanned/ lighter-caramel skin tones). I bought this pencil to conceal any facial flaws, such as hyper-pigmented/red marks that have not quite faded yet. It is a traditional make-up pencil with a clear cap that can be sharpened using any pencil sharpener. Although I bought this for one purpose to CONCEAL Ėwhich it does a wonderful job at- I love the versatility this pencil provides. The formula is smooth, provides full coverage over small spots (if using for concealing purposes), and blends well with foundation.

I paid $5 for this pencil and it is quite long-lasting for me because I donít use it daily. So, itís definitely cost-effective.

I definitely say give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been lining my bottom eye rim with a nude eye pencil for the past several years. It makes my eyes look bigger and more awake. The brands that I was buying were Paula Dorf, Vincent Longo or Tarte. The cost per pencil was between $18-$24. I was thrilled when I found the NYX Wonder Pencil for $4.99. The pencil is soft and non irritating to my eyes. This pencil is as good as the more expensive brands. I will definitely purchase again when this pencil runs out. Normally a pencil like this lasts about a year for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

I have to go buy back-ups of this. I use this primarily for concealing dark acne scars - not the craters but the dark spots/dots that are left on your skin. I have several around my nose and mouth and the Medium shade conceals *perfectly*. I apply my foundation and then rub this all over the scars. It's like watching someone on Photoshop go through with an eraser - the dark spot just completely disappears! The texture is creamy and I blend with my fingertip. Then I dab translucent powder to set. This is the best concealer I have ever used in my entire life and, as I said, I need to go buy back-ups!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This was a disappointing product from Nyx. I have had great luck with Nyx lately except for this.

Pros:
The price

Cons:
Does not really brighten my watering
Barely stays on for three hours
The formula is dense and hard to work with

Will not be repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have Light and Medium and I am in love. I use both constantly to help conceal, sharpen lines, and highlight. Totally matte and transfer resistant. I highly recommend these.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by KJette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What a neat little product.

I don't own or wear lots of makeup, and I try to have the most simple makeup routines as possible. When I first saw this product I thought 'Oh sure, just another unnecessary step to add in the morning. How much of a difference do waterlines and reverse lip lining actually make?' I couldn't help but be intrigued by the potential of this product, and it's so affordable, I bought it in Light.

I kind of love it! I'm still not convinced it works 'wonders' but it's sure a handy little thing that have around! I use it to line my waterline and to correct pigmentation around my lip line. Makes me look and feel more polished and awake. I think it's too light and waxy to use as a concealer, but I suppose in a pinch it would be better than nothing. It's just so convenient to throw in your purse and use whenever, it's hard not to love it.

Is it a must-have? I didn't think it would be, but I'm beginning to change my tune. I definitely don't 'need' it but now that I've tried it, I'd rather not live without it!