September 22, 2014 | 1764 users online

Eyes - NYX - Wonder Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by RosieMiranda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Since moving to southern Louisiana, I have basically stopped wearing makeup (hot+humid=sweat that even setting spray can't conquer). However, this pencil has proven itself to truly be a wonder. I use it mostly on my eyes to combat dark circles. The product covers up my darkness AND brightens my eyes and stays on through the humidity and sweat. It goes on pretty light at first but blends in perfectly once i tap it in. It layers well, so you can build it to the coverage you need. I've also noticed that even though I don't use primer, this product doesn't crease.

I also use it occasionally as reverse eyeliner, lipliner, and in a pinch I also use it as a spot concealer. This product won't disappoint. It sharpens well, the price is fair, and it's easy to find wherever they sell NYX products (I get it at Ulta). I will definitely purchase again and I've turned a lot of my friends onto this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I only use this on my lips when I want to create a beigey rose nude on my lips. I don't use too much because then it'll look ashy so I apply it and blot off the excess. I pair this with Revlon's Rosy Future Super Lustrous lip gloss and it become a rosy beige nude lip.
I do like that the liner disappears as it fades off, but the Dark shade, which I have, is too light to use as a concealer. Without a light hand, it's even too light for my lips and I have to blot off the extra color. Nice concept, but the shade range sucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am OBSESSED with this pencil! It truly is a wonder. I'm wearing less foundation and more BB creams these days, so I find a need for concealer. The pencil is perfect. I just draw on the spots that need concealing and lightly blend with my fingertips. DONE! It's perfect.

I also use it to line the water line, highlight under the brow, and line my lips. This stuff is multifunctional, high performing and super cheap. NYX really hit it out of the park with this one.

I highly recommend and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by abyvanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's quick and easy to use. I use it under my eyes to conceal dark eye circles sometimes when I'm in a rush, or to cover any spots. It does fairly well at covering darkness and discoloration. I also use it on my cupids box, and as a highlighter for my brows.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this exclusively on the outside of my lips to prevent lip color from bleeding. I only have "bleeding" problem with lip glosses (one of the reasons why I hate that gunk). This does a nice job of preventing that, the few times I wear l/g. I use it on top of foundation. I spread it gently with my finger and add a bit of powder on top to set it. On my lips I use NYX Lip Primer and that works very well to hold l/s in place.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm rating this two lippies because I really have one use for this, although it claims to do a lot more.

I've found it too thick to properly blend around problem areas and feels quite thing around my waterline.

I really only use this to line my lips if I plan to lighten up a darker color, it works alright.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by angelzplay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The Deep/dark may look dark on fair to light skinned women but it did nothing for me and looked like ash on my lips. If it's dark/deep it should be a deeper color than this.

Why call it deep? It's not deep enuff for women of Color

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by ediepuig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This pencil rates somewhere between "Bleh!" & "Meh" in my book.

1. Too dense & dry for my waterline or for highlighting anywhere (eye area or otherwise).
2. Does bad things on the sides of my nose. (Slightly oily area w/ redness from broken capillaries + enlarged pores).
3. On bare skin, it's just ok at concealing faint age spots on my normal/dry cheeks. But the application is rather unreliable. Sometimes it lays down nicely w/ decent coverage & stays put, sometimes it chunks & drags & flat-out fails to conceal.

Great concept. But awkward, & ineffective.

Bottomline: If you have absolutely nothing better to do (& have the time, patience, & inclination to coddle your products), give it a try. It may work for you in some way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Mis72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love to use this pencil for lining the inside corners and bottom rim of eyes,& highlight my brow bone. Makes them pop! Also, I put a bit in the "cupid bow" of upper lip before applying lipstick because I wear a lot of crayon colors on my lips and I don't like to line too much. This keeps the color on my lips without bleeding to my skin, like an invisible liner. All that for an amazing price $4.59!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by icanhazcheezburger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was going to get the rimmel nude eyeliner but it had poor reviews, mainly because of the lasting power.

I can't compare the two but with this eyeliner, I can't really ask for more. I will say that it doesn't give off a whole lot of pigment when placed on the waterline, but it gives off just enough to give a perfect, natural look. The staying power is great, 4/5. I also use it to trace along my eyebrows to sharpen the shape of them. You can basically use this eyeliner for anything you can think of. Definitely recommend it!