Bare Escentuals The love affair

3.2

on 2/10/2015 8:31:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I just can not get this to work for me. I think the colour is beautiful, but after experimenting with it for quite some time it does not work.
As a highlighter it is just way too pink for me and emphasizes pores. For a blush it is just too glittery. I have tried wearing it as a subtle wash of colour on my lids, and this looks nice actually, although I can't comment on its staying power yet. I don't know how I am ever going to finish it though, I might have to give it away. But I will experiment some more with it first.

I just really need a great highlighter that does not make me look old, but instead youthful and glowing (is that even possible...).

on 11/20/2014 10:52:00 PM

i love this highlighter! i actually feel like i don't use it often enough. lol. for reference, i wear desert beige in estee lauder double wear.

at first i was worried about this because this has a really bronze color in the pan and i thought it would be too dark for me, but it turns out to be perfect as a highlighter. it pulls some pinkish tones but doesn't pose an issue.

this luminizer is so creamy and blendable. it's adds just the right amount of shimmer and gives you a gorgeous glow. i feel like it really lights up your face, in general. it also has such a great staying power.

unfortunately they don't have the full compact anymore, but they do have it available as a blush/highlighter duo. i highly recommend this.

on 9/26/2013 4:28:00 PM

Another highlighter that I have had no luck with. This one just makes my skin look weird, I don't even know how else to put it. I especially can't use it anywhere near my nose. I have a small nose, and not half-bad pores, but this still give my nose weird shadows and makes my pores look huge. I tried using it to just highlight my browbones and cheekbones, but even on a fresh face, it looks bad. Greasy or something. I was extremely disappointed because this stuff is not cheap. It might work as a shimmery eyeshadow, but not being designed as such, it might not have any staying power. All in all, I would not repurchase.

on 7/24/2013 8:07:00 PM

Product only available online now, but just to add another point of view in case anyone is thinking of ordering. NC 25/30. I recently bought online bc of all the glowing reviews, even though I'm quite happy w my highlighter and don't even use it all that often (Mac Whisper of Gilt). I have very good skin and small pores, and even with just a light tough, this looks caked on and makes my pores look huge. Yuck. Maybe my skin just doesn't agree w/the mineralized formula, or maybe you need to have pretty young skin to use this? Who knows but I honestly think that there are plenty of good highlighters out there at all price point, and this isn't all that, even if doesn't emphasize your pores like it does mine.

on 3/25/2013 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have incredibly pale skin, and without a little color in my face, I look like I'm ill. I've been using just blush for ages, with an occasional swipe of bronzer, but have never tried a highlighter.

This has been a great experience with a first highlighter. The color is a light pink hue with shimmer, and it matches well with my pale skin. Over my brush, or even some bronzer, it adds a hint of warmth and balances out some of the brown/orange in the bronzer to make it look more natural

However, I don't find it's quite enough on it's own, as I think I would have to build it to about 10 layers to get enough color to my liking. It can also be a bit messy when you tap/swirl your brush into it, as it tends to move around some of the fine powder. Overall, however, I am quite happy with it!

on 3/12/2013 8:18:00 AM

Gorgeous highlighter - very warm and glowing effect without looking like a Christmas tree! Will work well with a tan or can warm up a winter complexion - a great all rounder!