October 31, 2014 | 957 users online

Moisturizers - Chagrin Valley - Facial Oil Sesame Rosehips

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this oil because it was recommended for dry/dehydrated skin, but I actually find it a bit less moisturising than the Pomegranite Argan Tamanu one which is for normal skin. Weird.

Either way, I enjoy this facial oil. I actually wear CV oils during the day, and use the whipped squalene or the salves at night. I mist my face with rosewater and the oils absorb immediately, which I didn't expect. They are harder to blend in if you use on dry skin, so heads up.

This is straight up oil, so you'd expect it to be, well, oilier, but it's not, so there you go. It almost absorbs to a powdery yet hydrated texture, if that makes any sense. I have no idea how this works but my skin likes it and it does not irritate me or break me out, so I'm certainly not complaining!! :D Most products sting my face or break me out, so I'm thrilled this works for me.

I wear ths under my sun screen and BB cream, and it's a great base. I like that it actually hydrates my skin and doesn't just sit on the dermis. The one thing I'm not wild about is the very sesame oily scent, because I stupidly thought it woluld smell of roses for some reason. It doesn't, this smells like any sesame oil based salad you might have had at an Asian restaurant. Smell fades fast though, and I really do appreciate the lack of fragrance in CV products.

The trial sized bottles are a bit crap and it's easy to spill too much oil, but I got around that by putting my oil on the fridge door (warmest place in the fridge). I give it a good shake before applying, and the cold makes it thicker, so it doens't slip between my fingers. If you're having problems making this absorb, try putting the chilled oil on after your toner before your face dries completely.

The full-sized product comes with a pump and should stay good for a year, so I am looking forward to purchasing that once I'm done with my samples :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Very good facial oil! I use this as an occasional night treatment. It moisturizes very well, it gives me silky soft skin and the fact that it is completely organic is also a big plus. One small con: it smells absolutely horrible. And with horrible I mean really nasty! It's fragrance free, meaning that they didm't add perfume, but the natural smell of this oil just makes me gag... Maybe I'll add a drop of lavender oil to make it smell less bad..? Anyway, good oil, good price, awful smell, that's about it!

EDIT: This stuff is a blessing in disguise when it comes to cystic pimples! I had one on my chin the beginning of this week and it has diminished a lot since rubbing this on day and night!