July 23, 2014 | 1593 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Angel Gold

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I am currently wearing the Angel Gold body mist, and it is a very sharp lemony scent -- on the order of Fresh Sugar. Or remininiscent of their previous Breathless, d/c'd long ago and which I always found too sharply lemony. This could almost be Breathless, rehashed.

Extremely sharp and lemony -- borderline Lemon Pledge in its sharpness. I was hoping for softening notes in the base, but no, it just won't morph. When it comes to lemon or grapefruit scents, I hope for a little musk or vanilla in the base, but this doesn't seem to have any.

This might be good in the dead of summer, when the heat is sweltering -- it would definitely penetrate muggy heat -- but on this cool day, I'm finding it just too aromatic, pungent, and sharply lemony. And I *hate* that it just refuses to soften on my skin. It ends up smelling like lemon bug spray. Maybe the EDT would be better.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by delish288

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I visit Victoria's Secret every few weeks still upset over the discontinance of their Victoria fragrance that I still dream about, it was absolutely the best and I will never forget it, however this review is for the Angel perfume not the Gold. When I first sprayed the perfume on my arm it was very pretty, soft, warm, flowery with some musk and the drydown just totally was the same as Sexy things perfume, not one that I like as it contains one note that ruins it for me as it is not spicy but bitter. I try their perfumes to perhaps find a scent that even comes close to perhaps 25% of the old Victoria scent I so miss but nothing comes even close. I will not repurchase Angel again and only bought the small spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by JoyaJay

This smells floraly, little fruity and musky/sandalwoody too. Nonetheless it still has a fresh note to it. It does last on my skin for a very long time, on clothes even longer. I'd say it's a day and night, as well as a "younger" but still sexy scent. Little hard to get hold of when you don't have a VS store in your country. I spend one year hunting this beauty down. Absolutely marvelous packaging too! Worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by marisa2124

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I love this perfume! It smells soo good (fruity and floral), it lasts ALL day and the packaging is so cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Victorias secret angel gold is what i would label a Fresh Gourmand Floral! Which happens to be one of my top scent category picks.The victorias secret angel gold and chloe chloe both shares amber and cedar wood as base note! No wonder they both somehow smells related to each other during the cool-like dry down. Victoria Secret angel gold Smells Fresh&Golden! This is definately my 9th Signature scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

LOVE! I actually don't own this yet but I'm hoping to get it for my birthday coming up soon b/c I love it. I've tested it several times in the store. Last weekend in the mall I sprayed it on and it lasted all day on my shirt. Smells soo good, it's warmer than the original angel yet light. I can't wait to own this, I know I will purchase again and again. And as always with VS, you have the option to buy this in a smaller body must size if you want to try it out for a less expensive price. I can't say enough good things about this scent, there's something almost slightly tropical about it to me which I love for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by jennc91

I love this angel gold perfume! I love it just as much as the original one. This fragrance is completely different from the original VS angel fragrance since it has gardenia in it. Wish it was a little bit stronger though.