April 17, 2014 | 1372 users online

Treatments - Garnier - Hydra Recharge 1 minute moisture-plenish treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by leahlovesrosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My hair is very dry, even at my scalp. Because my scalp is so dry and my hair isn't oily, I have to condition my scalp as well. This is a great conditioner to use at the top of your head. It's lightweight, but still gives just enough moisture. It left my hair shiny and smooth, not oily and gross. I use something heavier on my ends, but this stuff is great for up top. It has a great scent too, which is an added bonus. I've already used up a tube of this stuff, and repurchased (which is rare for me). This has become a HG hair product. If your looking for a deep conditioner, this may not be for you. But, if your looking for something lightweight for up top, I would definitely recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't understand where all these good reviews came from, I didn't really like this product at all. I didn't notice any change good or bad after using this, I expect something labeled at a treatment to make a noticeable difference in my hair condition. I do however like the smell though so I gave it to my bf to use. If you're looking for a good hair mask I'd recommend dermorganic's mask over this, it is a bit more expensive and harder to find where I live but it has better results for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by platefullofchumpee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Saved my dry ends! I shampoo, condition and apply this leave it on for more then a minute. Smells good like the tube package, l was about to cut my hair short now l can get my trims and let my hair grow long

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I have tried many other Garnier hair products over the years, from facial washes to hair color, and have had disappointing (even disastrous) results every time. I have purchased probably 5 different new-to-me deep conditioners this month alone to combat dye/styling related dryness. This was one of my purchases, influenced by other MUA reviewers recommendations. As other readers mentioned, the scent is really nice, kind of fruity but definitely not overpowering. I actually had to focus on smelling the product in order to smell it. It has a great thick texture that seems to really "sink in." I shampoo'd with my current favorite, all-natural Giovanni Olive Oil & Avocado shampoo for dry hair, then followed with this conditioner & popped on a shower cap while I shaved. My hair had great slip without feeling greasy. I blow-dried it with my Giovanni Olive Oil & Avocado shine serum and then bunned my hair for the next morning. I was surprised how much volume my hair had the next morning, after having both deep conditioned & shine serum-d the night before. It was almost a little too much volume, by which I mean it was borderline frizzy/ dry. I wouldn't buy this product again, because there have to be better performing deep conditioners out there than this, & I'd really like to find one that is natural. On the other hand, I might actually try this one a few more times rather than throw it away, which is what I have had to do with so many others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Over the last few months, my normally oily hair has become very dry, damaged, and brittle. So I've been trying to find a deep conditioner that will fix it. The first one I tried was the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. It worked great for about 2 weeks, then quit working. The next one I tried was the L'oreal Damage Erasing Balm. I loved what it did for my hair, but had to quit using it because I was majorly allergic to it. I actually wanted to purchase this instead of the Damage Erasing Balm, but both Target and Ulta (the two stores I had easiest access to at the time) were both out of stock at the time. I ended up purchasing at Ulta about 2 weeks ago. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I think it was around 7.99 I've always been very happy with the Garnier products (shampoo and BB cream) I've used in the past, so I had no reason to think this would disappoint. And it definitely did not.

I love the packaging. You get a good amount of product (8 oz) for the price. It comes in a squeeze bottle with a fliptop cap. This makes it really easy to use in the shower. It also smells amazing.

I really like this product alot. I can definitely see and feel a major difference in my hair since I've started using it. My hair has become much softer and looks healthier. I do leave it on a little longer than the recommended 1 minute. I leave it on the amount of time it takes to use my body wash and facial cleanser. I would estimate I leave it on approximately 3 minutes. It rinses out very easily and doesn't make my hair look greasy or weighed down.

EDIT: 10-14-13

I wasn't allergic to this deep conditioner, and it did make my hair much softer. But as far as repairing the damage and restoring the texture of my hair, not so much. I used this for about a month and my hair still feels very dry and brittle. It smells great, and I love that it doesn't weigh my hair doe, but for me, it just doesn't do what it is supposed to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Made my hair really silky and soft. My hair isn't very damaged or anything though but it made it very shiny, not greasy, and smells nice. Quick and easy to use treatment, cheap and easy to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by xicyx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample packet of this in the mail and decided to try it, not expecting anything spectacular. After a minute or so on my hair, it felt like my hair really absorbed it unlike my other conditioners which feel like they just coat my hair. The best part was after my hair was dry, it was SO soft and silky! I ran out and bought a full size bottle of this. This beats any other deep conditioner I have tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by ladyluo

This is the first hair product I have ever had to throw out! Never had a product dry out my hair like this and just feel really stripped. But it is my fault. I did not take the time to read the ingredient list. I tried to but it was so intimidating which should have been a sign. Anyway the other night I decided to read the ingredient and stopped as soon as I saw that it contained Amodimethicone and Behentrimonium Chloride close to the top of this list (6 and 7). I have low porosity, undamaged (not chemically treated) 4c hair so I guess this was not going to work with my hair with these ingredients close to the top. I have some VO5 conditioners that have these ingredients but they are not ranked that highly so they do not bother my hair. I decided to throw the product away becuase these ingredients are at the top. I can usually work with products that do not give me quite what I want by adding oils, glycerine, honey, etc, but this product is just bad for my hair.

But I guess this product would be great if you have hair that is dry due to damage from a chemical process.

I have dry hair but it is not damaged. It is so hard to find a product for dry, undamaged hair.

It does have a nice fragrance that is not over powering...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by beaner2001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have long blonde highlighted hair. I don't wash my hair every day. More like every 4 days. I was looking for something that wouldn't weigh down my already thick hair, which tends to get greasy easily at the roots. I read all the reviews on this product and decided to give it a try and love it. It was perfect. I left in for 5 minutes while I showered and it made my hair silky and not straw like anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Stephipoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Just gave this one a shot for the first time and WOW is my hair soft!!! I shampooed, put it in, threw a cap on my head and let it sit for about half an hour. The instructions say it works in just 1 minute, but I figured better safe than sorry ;) I tried another conditioner this morning and was so unhappy with the results that I took it back almost immediately and swapped it out for this line. It smells amazing, works beautifully and wasn't too badly priced for the results I got out of it. I would definitely repurchase!!