Orly Glowstick

4.8

on 2/27/2015 11:50:00 AM

This color just screams summer! It's certainly the boldest, most eye-catching neon in my collection. The shade is a bright greenish-yellow and it does look exactly like a highlighter.
To get the most out of this polish, you have to wear white nail polish underneath it. I have found that some neon polishes don't necessarily need white underneath, but this one definitely does. Think of it this way, a highlighter pen shows up better when it's used on a white piece of paper as opposed to, say, a manila envelope. Same thing goes for a lot of bright nail polishes. The white layer really makes the color "pop".
I like this color a lot but I give it four lippies instead of five because I am not crazy about the super-streaky formula. Even after 3-4 carefully applied coats it still looks slightly patchy and uneven. But I love that it dries to a nice finish. Not exactly shiny, but certainly not the dull matte finish that most neons dry to. I usually have to use a shiny topcoat to remedy this, but it wasn't necessary with this one. Very nice.
I highly recommend this one to anyone who likes neon polishes. I would buy it again!

on 2/5/2015 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful bright neon lemon lime shade. It looks so pretty topped with holographic gold glitter. It reminds me of the 90's and summertime. It's definitely a fun shade to add to your polish collection!

on 7/18/2013 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this highlighter yellow for my accent nail (usually on my ring finger) with a neon plum or turquoise color. This is a very bright and fun color! It's my first Orly nail polish and I like it so far. I use a white polish underneath and apply 3 coats. The result is a great neon yellow! I love it!! Would be fun on toes as well!!!

on 3/10/2013 8:19:00 PM

Glowstick is a neon, highlighter, yellow nail color. I really wanted a super bright nail color just because I haven't had one in a long time and I am SO glad I purchased this. This stood out to me and I was SO impressed by this polish. It really helps to put on a coat of just a plain, white nail polish before you apply Glowstick and it will make the BIGGEST difference. If not, then it will not be as bright and will dry VERY matte. I apply about two coats of Glowstick over the white base and it is shockingly bright but GORGEOUS at the same time! If you do not want a super bright nail color that literally looks like a highlighter, stay away because it is SOOOOOO bright! But, I love it! I recommend this and will most definitely repurchase!