October 22, 2014 | 2045 users online

Lip Liners - Ulta - Lip Liner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Ninamw31

I bought a ton of the retractable lip liners from Ulta on sale for $1 each. I had never used them before but I figured for $1 I could try them out and keep them for back up if I didn't like them. Turns out they are a GREAT product that I use daily now! I used to be pretty loyal to Lancome and Mac for lip liners but I really do like these. they are smooth and easy to apply and the neutral shades are so pretty. The only downside is that there isn't a huge range of colors to choose from IMO, would be nice to see more than slightly different variations of nude. would definitely buy again and ladies pay attention to Ulta sales, lip liners and eye liners for $1!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased these in Mocha, Espresso, Mink and Plum, and really love them all. I line then cover the whole lip and blend it with a top gloss and the two together work beautifully. All these colors work for my olive complexion.

It's a great find when you get it on clearance. I recently found these below $1 so I bought as many as I could. Both the pencil type and one grease type, which I also loved.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

I have this in the shade "Flesh" & it's my HG lip liner. I can't even be bothered to search for a better one. Lip liners are supposed to be low thrill & I can't justify paying more than $8 for one.

With that being said, this fits the bill. It's cheap, but great quality. The shade Flesh is pretty much my my-lips-but-better shade. It looks natural, & creates a great canvas for whichever lippie I decide to use. The texture is very smooth. No one knows I have average lips. ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 6:28:00 AM More reviews by sunshinelaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ulta pencil lip liner in "Rose" is the best, most perfect my-lips-but-better nude pink shade I've found yet! It's much shorter than my other lip liners, which is a testament to how often I reach for it. The texture is so creamy, and the formula is long lasting to the point where it leaves some color on my lips at least until after lunch, when I reapply lip products. I fill my lips in with "Rose" to add just a hint of rosiness to my natural lip color. The liner makes my lips look more plump, too, since it makes defines the edges.

For reference, I'm pale and cool-toned (NW10) and this is a very flattering shade of mauve-nude-pink. It has no peach or brown tones to it, yet it's not garish and overly bright against my fair skin. Rose is the perfect natural kiss of color for my lips.

I never dreamed that I'd use a lip liner almost every day, but Ulta Rose has become one of my staple products. It really polishes your look and prolongs the wear of lip colors, in addition to looking lovely all by itself with a bit of balm or lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by nickitraylor

I love this lip liner in sheer pink. The ONLY thing I wish is they'd do this color in the automatic liner, not the pencil. The sheer pink goes with all my lip colors, and sometimes I line my lip and fill it in with the pencil and just some chapstick on the top and it's a nice, natural color. I have worn it for several years and love it a lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by myonliztar1

I got the Lip/Eye Contour pencil together from one of Ulta's gift promotion makeup samplers. The lip liner is the 'flesh' color' which is a very natural color to line your lips with and make it look fuller in certain places without looking like a hooker. I have thin lips, but this really helps to make them look fuller. I line around the lips and then put a coat of cherry chapstick or tinted gloss on top to get the plump effect. I'm def. buying more of this when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by chiodokeller

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product in the color "BEET". It is a nice color red. I wear it alone, with chap stick, and it looks really nice. It does not last extremely long but I still like it, and the price was only about $8.00.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJunki3

I got this Liner in "Flesh" and i have to say its my HG!!! its a slight more peach for my natural lip color but very natural looking, i use it to line my lips alil bigger and fill it in abit then put my liquid lipgloss over it and its perfect! very natural looking without the obvious "i am wearing lip liner look" i love the color so much i had to go back to buy another one! The rest of the other colors i havent tried cuz they look too dark for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by jamalana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I never expected to see such mixed reviews for this product. Looks like either you will love it or hate it, though I'm wondering if there might be a quality control issue here or that maybe the quality varies with the different colors (?). I consider Ulta lipliners to be a great value, especially since they are often on sale. I have not found these to be too hard nor lacking in pigmentation; at least, not in the two colors I've tried (Chocolate and Buff). I have tried both the regular and automatic lipliners and don't really have a preference either way. My HG neutral l/l is Chocolate. But it's not as dark or as brown as it sounds! I especially love it with my ylbb colors like MAC Lust l/g, MAC Buff l/g, and MAC N4 l/s, for very subtle definition. Buff is a nice pinky brown nude color, and surprisingly covers up my pigmented lips quite well. For color reference, I am GGG/DDD medium-dark, NC44-45, LM Almond TM.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2007 3:10:00 AM More reviews by bratirella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend gifted me with the ULTA Sheer Lip Liner (Sheer Pink). I am forever grateful! It's perfect when I want a neutral lip. Other neutral lip shades tend to leave me looking pale and washed out. This is gives just the right hint of color.