MAC Mocha

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

NC20-ish with yellow and olive undertones, blue eyes, light brown/auburn hair, pigmented lips. Every lipstick in creation turns out more cool-toned on my lips than I expect, blue reds look fuchsia, very orange corals look bright pink. I try to go for the ones that look a couple of shades more orange/yellow in the tube than the shade I want on my lips, but it's tricky.

Anyway. I wanted an easy beige/rose/coral kind of lipstick, one that I can throw on without any lipliner - a MLBB shade, basically. I tried Retro, which looked good on my hand but turned out a dark, drab rose that made the brighter rose of every blemish on my face shine like the sun, and Brick-O-La, which looked great in the tube but way too pink on. Mocha was just the ticket. It looks much like my natural lip colour, but warmer and more polished. It's really lovely, and I wouldn't have thought of it if a nice SA hadn't picked it out after I tried Retro. I think I'll get a lot of use out of it.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For reference i'm an nc35 and this color looks so good on me...i think its one of those colors that'll look good on all skin tones...the formula is also great...i like to use it wen i do smokey eyes, just an excellent combo! I would defo repurchase...

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This lipstick is my first mac lipstick and my favourite one so far. It's a sort of orangey brownish colour which is perfect for my nc42 skin tone. The formula is amazing. It's not drying at all and it's so creamy and pigmented. Lasts a good 4-5 hours. Highly recommend to girls with deeper skin tone!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Perfect brown nude satin. Blend with Mac lipliner beet or any brown.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been in the MAC line for at least fifteen years. I know because I wore it fifteen years ago, and actually went through a few tubes of it. It is a nice color for autumn because it's a peachy brown (not as nude as Honeylove, darker, but lighter than Taupe lipstick) and because it's very pigmented, there is a good amount of stain left behind even if you drink as much coffee as I do throughout the day. I believe it is MAC's Satin formula, which is creamier than their Matte formula but still has better staying power than the Lustres. The trademark vanilla scent is delicious and comforting. I always wore this with MAC Spice lip liner, which is perfect for it. Ideal shade for people who wear earth tones such as cinnamon, russet, chocolate, gold. Every redhead who is due for a Back-to-MAC freebie should check out the tester to see if it works for you.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is a beautiful reddy orangy shade, one of my favourite lipsticks... it's satin finish so not at all drying, yet doesn't look too glossy. It is highly pigmented and gives a lovely full colour in one coat.

Mocha is a lipstick that I bought on a whim. I actually had money to spend and wanted to treat myself to a new lipstick so I picked up Mocha without really thinking. This is a gorgeous browny/cinnamon colour that looks just perfect on indian skin. For reference, I am fair/medium skinned with pretty obvious warm yellow undertones. Mocha looks awesome on me and really brightens up my face. It is on the brown side with obvious orange tones running through it. I love this shade during the autumn months and I find that I can wear just mascara, a light dusting of bronzer and this lipstick and I look bright, fresh and polished. I highly recommend this lipstick to those of you who are medium skinned and have a lot of warmth in your complexion.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Not brown, no hint of pink or grey. Mocha is an opaque nude that doesn't wash your face out. It's like a cinnamon color but not too dark.

It has a slightly deep orange undertone which I don't fancy very much so I pair it with other lipsticks to get a good nude shade for me. I'm NC35 and Mac Taupe is my perfect nude for reference.

Not my favourite Mac lipstick. It's an orangey nude, which is probably why. It really isn't my colour. I think this would look lovely on a darker skin tone, however my skin colour really isn't the right match. I love satin lipsticks so as far as the texture goes it's spot on. However; the colour really doesn't do anything for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

If you're looking for a warm, peachy nude this is the one for you. Mocha looks great on medium skintones, it serves as a warm toned nude, however it would look lovely on lighter and darker skintones of course.
I love it personally, the MAC website describes it as a 'peachy yellow brown' and I'd say it's pretty much spot on visually, but the actual pay-off depends on skin colour, lip colour etc. The texture is satin, and stays on well, lasting a good few hours on the lips. One of my friends who isn't much of a lipstick fan fell in love with it after seeing me wear it and ended up buying Mocha as her first MAC lipstick! You could apply a lipgloss over it, but I prefer it as it is and it doesn't dry my lips out at all. I really love this shade and would definitely buy it again.

Recommended for Medium Skin