MAC Mocha

4.4

on 7/13/2015 10:52:00 AM

Not my favourite Mac lipstick. It's an orangey nude, which is probably why. It really isn't my colour. I think this would look lovely on a darker skin tone, however my skin colour really isn't the right match. I love satin lipsticks so as far as the texture goes it's spot on. However; the colour really doesn't do anything for me.

on 5/20/2015 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

If you're looking for a warm, peachy nude this is the one for you. Mocha looks great on medium skintones, it serves as a warm toned nude, however it would look lovely on lighter and darker skintones of course.
I love it personally, the MAC website describes it as a 'peachy yellow brown' and I'd say it's pretty much spot on visually, but the actual pay-off depends on skin colour, lip colour etc. The texture is satin, and stays on well, lasting a good few hours on the lips. One of my friends who isn't much of a lipstick fan fell in love with it after seeing me wear it and ended up buying Mocha as her first MAC lipstick! You could apply a lipgloss over it, but I prefer it as it is and it doesn't dry my lips out at all. I really love this shade and would definitely buy it again.

on 5/5/2015 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love love love this orangey brown..great addition to my collection.

on 4/5/2015 3:55:00 PM

It is one of my favourite neutral brown lip colour which goes well with my medium,fair complexion. Wears better with a bit of co-ordinating lip liner and long lasting. Smells sweet and has a velvety Matt texture which does not dry out the lips. It instantly brightens my face too. So yes I would repurchase this and I think it's a shade which would look good on most skin tones.

I love this lipstick its a good everyday color its orangey brown nude and looks good with or without eyeshadow and its good with a peachy or orange toned blush its a perfect lipstick almost as dear to me as my beloved cherish.

on 1/28/2015 9:56:00 AM

If you are Asian or tanned or medium skinned toned or yellow-skin toned, YOU NEED THIS LIPSTICK!! I wore this in Hawaii and got really tanned and it still looked good (unlike other nudes such as velvet teddy which washed me out when I got tanned). It is orange/peach based so it's amazing on yellow skin tones (finally, because alot of nudes and pinks clash terribly with yellow undertones).

It's an orangey brown shade that is very unique and worth buying from Mac. Ive never seen a shade like it before, and it is both natural looking (being brown based) but also very flattering since it has peach/orange in it as well. It's long wearing and doesnt dry out too badly. My husband thought it was my real lip color, so it's almost an MLBB as well. :)

on 1/6/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Words cannot describe how much I love this lipstick.
On my NC40-44 skin tone, it looks like the perfect fresh nude shade; peachy, with hints of brown. It is not drying, lasts for hours, and for some reason it makes my lips look more plump and inviting! I can wear this year round, however Taupe lipstick by MAC can replace this if I'm looking for something more on the brown side. I find this lipstick to be more wearable than almost anything in my lipstick stash; whenever in doubt, I wear Mocha.
Seriously, this shade is wonderful for every skin tone, I highly recommend this!

on 12/11/2014 5:41:00 AM

This is my HG lipstick! There is not a shade that I love more than the one this one gives my lips. The other reviewers are so right when they say that this is probably the best nude color for anyone with medium beige or olive skin. It's a very pigmented brown, apricot color. It's so beautiful to wear out casually or for a special night out and it has a light sweet vanilla scent to it. Again, I also agree with other reviewers on here that this is one of the most underrated MAC lipstick colors.

on 11/28/2014 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Right now I'm an NC30 with olive/warm undertones pigmented lips

I bought Mocha about a year ago. Originally I wanted to buy Taupe but after trying them both on I felt Mocha looked better. I really like this lipstick, it gives me a very polished look without me even trying. Very work appropriate and in the summer when I get to around NC40 it looks still very nice. I use it year round and I feel it's very underrated. It's one of those items you don't realize you use a lot until you lose it or can't find it haha. I love Mocha and I recommend it for olive/warm toned women who are looking for a subtle color. If you have Taupe you don't need Mocha and vise versa.

I always wear Carmex under lipstick. Alone I find the formula somewhat drying. I feel it's a true satin, stays for a good 5-6 hours. It has good staying power, will last during a meal.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For reference I'm in the NC45 range. On my lips this translates as a very nice peachy/coral nude. A deeper toned ravishing (another shade from the MAC line). Paired with MAC lip liner in cork I have myself a nice nude...thankfully this is not a matte formula so it doesn't leave my lips looking and feeling brutalized after a day of wear. If you have yellow undertone to your complexion this will compliment quite nicely and can pair it up with various neutral eye looks. Probably won't get around to buying a replacement since I have far too many lipsticks that I don't think I'd ever hit pan on but this is definitely going to be a constant go-to for fall.

Popular Lipsticks