MAC Mocha

4.4

on 1/28/2015 9:56:00 AM

If you are Asian or tanned or medium skinned toned or yellow-skin toned, YOU NEED THIS LIPSTICK!! I wore this in Hawaii and got really tanned and it still looked good (unlike other nudes such as velvet teddy which washed me out when I got tanned). It is orange/peach based so it's amazing on yellow skin tones (finally, because alot of nudes and pinks clash terribly with yellow undertones).

It's an orangey brown shade that is very unique and worth buying from Mac. Ive never seen a shade like it before, and it is both natural looking (being brown based) but also very flattering since it has peach/orange in it as well. It's long wearing and doesnt dry out too badly. My husband thought it was my real lip color, so it's almost an MLBB as well. :)

on 1/6/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Words cannot describe how much I love this lipstick.
On my NC40-44 skin tone, it looks like the perfect fresh nude shade; peachy, with hints of brown. It is not drying, lasts for hours, and for some reason it makes my lips look more plump and inviting! I can wear this year round, however Taupe lipstick by MAC can replace this if I'm looking for something more on the brown side. I find this lipstick to be more wearable than almost anything in my lipstick stash; whenever in doubt, I wear Mocha.
Seriously, this shade is wonderful for every skin tone, I highly recommend this!

on 12/11/2014 5:41:00 AM

This is my HG lipstick! There is not a shade that I love more than the one this one gives my lips. The other reviewers are so right when they say that this is probably the best nude color for anyone with medium beige or olive skin. It's a very pigmented brown, apricot color. It's so beautiful to wear out casually or for a special night out and it has a light sweet vanilla scent to it. Again, I also agree with other reviewers on here that this is one of the most underrated MAC lipstick colors.

on 11/28/2014 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Right now I'm an NC30 with olive/warm undertones pigmented lips

I bought Mocha about a year ago. Originally I wanted to buy Taupe but after trying them both on I felt Mocha looked better. I really like this lipstick, it gives me a very polished look without me even trying. Very work appropriate and in the summer when I get to around NC40 it looks still very nice. I use it year round and I feel it's very underrated. It's one of those items you don't realize you use a lot until you lose it or can't find it haha. I love Mocha and I recommend it for olive/warm toned women who are looking for a subtle color. If you have Taupe you don't need Mocha and vise versa.

I always wear Carmex under lipstick. Alone I find the formula somewhat drying. I feel it's a true satin, stays for a good 5-6 hours. It has good staying power, will last during a meal.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For reference I'm in the NC45 range. On my lips this translates as a very nice peachy/coral nude. A deeper toned ravishing (another shade from the MAC line). Paired with MAC lip liner in cork I have myself a nice nude...thankfully this is not a matte formula so it doesn't leave my lips looking and feeling brutalized after a day of wear. If you have yellow undertone to your complexion this will compliment quite nicely and can pair it up with various neutral eye looks. Probably won't get around to buying a replacement since I have far too many lipsticks that I don't think I'd ever hit pan on but this is definitely going to be a constant go-to for fall.

on 10/10/2014 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of those items that took a while for me to fall in love with. When I first bought it, I thought it looked super pretty on me and I'd get tons of wear out of it. But I was wrong for about a year and half. It sat in my drawer untouched just because I didn't know what to wear it with or what kind of look I wanted. I thought it looked mature and I wanted to look young and girly. I pulled it out recently since it looks like a very autumn shade and I realized it looked beautiful with my fall style and a neutral face. It's great with minimal makeup, just mascara and mac prism blush and I'm all set. It's a perfect peachy nude-brown and I look very put together in this lipstick. I definitely recommend for women with olive/medium skin.

on 9/23/2014 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this as a gift and from the first sight I could tell that this is my favorite lipstick of all time ..it's a satin finish but it feels like a matte lipstick it's a brownish pinky color not that bright pink looks very good on my olive skin doesn't wash me off or make me look sick great for morning and for night too..it smells good and it lasts so long like most of mac lipsticks I think it's affordable in the us I don't know why people are complaining about the price I mean it is double the price here where Iive

on 5/17/2014 8:00:00 AM

I just got this colour today at the MAC store and I'm in love with this shade! It's so pretty and natural. I'm gonna say I've found my perfect MLBB lipstick! I'm so pleased with how it looks on my lips. It doesn't feel dry or anything but I drink a lot of water (min 3 littres a day) so my lips are seldom chapped unless I get sick so I can't say if it'll settle into fine lines. It has a sweet taste to it when I lick my lips and it has a vanilla scent to it like all the other mac lipsticks I own.

I went in to purchase either cosmo/Creme in your coffee/viva glam 5 but went home with this one instead. I am asian with cool and yellow undertones, I'm an NC20, with pigmented lips. Cosmo is the closest to my lip shade but I went for this one because it was so gorgeous on. I usually look like crap with warm colours that are orangie but for some reason I look good with this one. It's like a brownish peach that's more towards the brown side. Will repurchase over and over!

on 4/7/2014 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The color is professional and discreet, working quite well with my medium skin, but I find it a bit drying, and it seems to emphasize the lines on my lips. Hours of staying power, but I will look for something less matte in the future. A bit of lip balm or clear gloss on top helps to put shine.

on 4/7/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I only went into MAC to help a friend get matched for a new foundation but considering we were going out on the town that night and my credit card was burning a whole in my pocket I told the sales woman that I'm looking for a peachy coral orange lipstick. Now little FYI I am an 8 in Matchmaster NW45 in Studio Fix and Macao in Nars Sheer Glow and I already have morange vegas volt etc etc. I wanted something more toned down but still in the same family. She pulled out Mocha I thought she was delerious because in the tube it looked like mud. I put it on my lips and I didn't even finish the top lip before I told her I wanted it. I came out the most apricot dirty brownish beautiful color on my skin and I fell in love. SO BEAUTIFUL!! It didn't last me as long as the rest of my satin finishes did but for the few (& I mean flippin few) hrs it showed, It looked great! Never knew this color existed but thank the heavens she found it for me. I've worn it everyday since I bought it.

Popular Lipsticks