MAC Mocha

4.4

on 8/27/2015 8:51:00 AM

Mocha is a lipstick that I bought on a whim. I actually had money to spend and wanted to treat myself to a new lipstick so I picked up Mocha without really thinking. This is a gorgeous browny/cinnamon colour that looks just perfect on indian skin. For reference, I am fair/medium skinned with pretty obvious warm yellow undertones. Mocha looks awesome on me and really brightens up my face. It is on the brown side with obvious orange tones running through it. I love this shade during the autumn months and I find that I can wear just mascara, a light dusting of bronzer and this lipstick and I look bright, fresh and polished. I highly recommend this lipstick to those of you who are medium skinned and have a lot of warmth in your complexion.

on 8/13/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The best lipstick I own from Mac at the moment! Not too brown, no hint of pink. Mocha is an opaque peachy nude and doesn't wash my face out. Like a cinnamon color but not too dark if that makes sense.

Mocha lipstick is very similar to Mac Spice lipliner. I use Mac Spice to line my lips for other nude lipsticks. I'm NC35 for reference.

on 7/13/2015 10:52:00 AM

Not my favourite Mac lipstick. It's an orangey nude, which is probably why. It really isn't my colour. I think this would look lovely on a darker skin tone, however my skin colour really isn't the right match. I love satin lipsticks so as far as the texture goes it's spot on. However; the colour really doesn't do anything for me.

on 5/20/2015 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

If you're looking for a warm, peachy nude this is the one for you. Mocha looks great on medium skintones, it serves as a warm toned nude, however it would look lovely on lighter and darker skintones of course.
I love it personally, the MAC website describes it as a 'peachy yellow brown' and I'd say it's pretty much spot on visually, but the actual pay-off depends on skin colour, lip colour etc. The texture is satin, and stays on well, lasting a good few hours on the lips. One of my friends who isn't much of a lipstick fan fell in love with it after seeing me wear it and ended up buying Mocha as her first MAC lipstick! You could apply a lipgloss over it, but I prefer it as it is and it doesn't dry my lips out at all. I really love this shade and would definitely buy it again.

on 5/5/2015 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love love love this orangey brown..great addition to my collection.

on 4/5/2015 3:55:00 PM

It is one of my favourite neutral brown lip colour which goes well with my medium,fair complexion. Wears better with a bit of co-ordinating lip liner and long lasting. Smells sweet and has a velvety Matt texture which does not dry out the lips. It instantly brightens my face too. So yes I would repurchase this and I think it's a shade which would look good on most skin tones.

I love this lipstick its a good everyday color its orangey brown nude and looks good with or without eyeshadow and its good with a peachy or orange toned blush its a perfect lipstick almost as dear to me as my beloved cherish.

on 1/28/2015 9:56:00 AM

If you are Asian or tanned or medium skinned toned or yellow-skin toned, YOU NEED THIS LIPSTICK!! I wore this in Hawaii and got really tanned and it still looked good (unlike other nudes such as velvet teddy which washed me out when I got tanned). It is orange/peach based so it's amazing on yellow skin tones (finally, because alot of nudes and pinks clash terribly with yellow undertones).

It's an orangey brown shade that is very unique and worth buying from Mac. Ive never seen a shade like it before, and it is both natural looking (being brown based) but also very flattering since it has peach/orange in it as well. It's long wearing and doesnt dry out too badly. My husband thought it was my real lip color, so it's almost an MLBB as well. :)

on 1/6/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Words cannot describe how much I love this lipstick.
On my NC40-44 skin tone, it looks like the perfect fresh nude shade; peachy, with hints of brown. It is not drying, lasts for hours, and for some reason it makes my lips look more plump and inviting! I can wear this year round, however Taupe lipstick by MAC can replace this if I'm looking for something more on the brown side. I find this lipstick to be more wearable than almost anything in my lipstick stash; whenever in doubt, I wear Mocha.
Seriously, this shade is wonderful for every skin tone, I highly recommend this!

on 12/11/2014 5:41:00 AM

This is my HG lipstick! There is not a shade that I love more than the one this one gives my lips. The other reviewers are so right when they say that this is probably the best nude color for anyone with medium beige or olive skin. It's a very pigmented brown, apricot color. It's so beautiful to wear out casually or for a special night out and it has a light sweet vanilla scent to it. Again, I also agree with other reviewers on here that this is one of the most underrated MAC lipstick colors.

Recommended for Medium Skin