Milani Color Statment-Naturally Chic

4.4

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Repurchased this multiple times! This is my go to every day lipstick. It compliments my skin tone (tan Nc42) so well. The product is very creamy, has great staying power and is inexpensive! One of my favorite products.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a pretty good on the skin tone nc42. Nude with some color. Not so brown as most nudes. Probably good for lighter skin tones.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've purchased this shade twice now. I rarely pick up the same lipstick twice. So that's saying something.
I have this shade and Pretty Natural, and by comparison, this is considerably less pink. During the Autumn and Winter, I tend to opt for either bold reds and aubergines, or muted brown nudes with cool leanings, and this fits the bill for the latter perfectly. The color plays well with a multitude of eye looks, and just pulls my whole face together without causing my lips to enter the room before I do.
I love love LOVE the formula of the Color Statement lipsticks. The cream shades almost have a gel-like consistency to them, so they don't get all cakey and gross-looking, nor do they form that nasty line of scuzz around my inner lip like some creamy formulas can. Also, I do find that the non-matte shades tend to be a bit more hydrating (obviously), so my lips remain comfortable throughout wear. And the color really lasts a surprisingly long time for a non-matte formula, which is always a major plus!
I think the packaging is attractive. The bright gold looks classy (even if it does retain fingerprints), and the true-to-color swatch at the bottom is helpful, especially since I tend to store my lipsticks upside-down in my organizer. I'm glad they didn't opt for a sticker, since those get grody and fall off.
At around $5, you are getting the quality of high-end for a drugstore price. I'd say that's a pretty good deal.
I will definitely keep repurchasing this shade. It's become such a staple in my collection at this point that without it, I'd feel like something pretty important was missing.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am trying to figure out why I used to pay upwards of $20 for a lipstick...Naturally chic is a great neutral look for women who are tired to red and fuschia. I am Bobbi Brown Chestnut, so I pair this with a naturally colored lip liner for extra punch.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Holy grail. My go to everyday lippie. Medium skin tone and this is the nicest shade I've ever come across.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A truly beautiful shade. The name describes this lipstick perfectly! It is indeed natural and chic. At 60, I no longer wear bright colors as I find them to be aging. But, nudes wash me out. This shade has just the right amount of color to brighten me up without making my lips enter a room before the rest of me. The texture is creamy and luxurious. I will definitely repurchase! Very happy with Milani Cosmetics!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Such a perfect name for a perfect lipstick! Chic is exactly how i feel when i wear this. I don't usually wear nude/ish neutrals because they drain all the life out of my face but this one is a shade darker than my natural lip colour and dusky brown/pink colour that veers more on the pink side (apologies if that makes no sense) and it looks fantastic with every single make up look i do.

The formulation is also creamy, highly pigmented and it doesn't tend to cling to dry spots (probably because i usually put lip balm on at the beginning of my make up routine). Even with a light dabbing technique, the colour stays for the whole day inclusive of eating and drinking which is always a plus.

I just wish i bought more of these while i was in the US - for around $5 these are such a bargain with no compromise on quality! Love it and I will buy online if i have to when i finish this one!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Beautiful brownish pink. No shimmer whatsoever. Looks very good on my nc20 skin. My lips are pigmented and this lipstick is opaque enough to cover that. Great everyday shade for work or school. Packaging is decent, cap doesn't come off. The smell is a sweet fake candy smell I could honestly do without, but the scent fades after a few minutes. Doesn't make the inside of my mouth peel like other lipsticks tend to do. Longevity is ok, barely survives through a meal. I don't mind reapplying though

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Oh how I wanted this to look natural on me. Far from it. In fact, it leaned too brown. This has nothing to do with the actual color, rather my complexion is on the fair side. I think this would look amazing and actually more natural on someone who has a more medium to dark skin tone. The color sounded promising, but it just didn't work. What did work for me and was quite natural was the Pretty Natural shade in this line. I gave it a 3 overall because the formula is amazing, but the color didn't work for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not exactly an MLBB for me, leans more toward the pinkish side, but still a great color. Really brightens up the face. Consistency of lipstick is definitely a more creamy formula that adheres to the lips. The bullet itself is pretty sturdy but it means it takes a little bit of pressure and warming up to apply.

Pros:
- Great color and staying power.
- Super cheap, only $5.50 at CVS.

Cons:
- Hate the chemical candy-like smell which is pretty strong. It wears off after like 10 minutes but its bothersome while putting it on.
- Packaging is kind of cheap looking (gold plastic) and I don't like that it is so conspicuous. I wouldn't feel as comfortable taking this out in public to apply as other lipsticks I own that come in a black/more conservative looking tube.

Recommended for Medium Skin