April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Bronzers - Urban Decay - Naked Flushed Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this palette, its everything I need in one handy compact! The colours suit my NC30 skin type well. The bronzer isnt orange at all, and can be built up as desired. The blush is a very pretty colour, I would say its a pinky peach on my skin and gives a very pretty glow! It is highly pigmented so a light hand is needed! The highlighter is also very lovely, great to use at night on top of the blush! I think the price is great considering you are getting 3 items in 1! I also like the fact that these powders do not irritate my sensitive cheeks/skin unlike some brands (some Mac and Nars blushes, Bare Minerals etc)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

EDIT: the blush is a beatch to blend! Today it took me 15 min to blend it to look same on left and right cheek. I had to remove make up from one side and to reaply everything again to match the sides. Sadly, i have to downgrade the rating to 3.
i am used to have pigmented blushes (i have 7 illamasqua's), but i am not used to have so unblendeable blushes: this is a first! I am not planning on buying Illa's Blush 1 to be able to blend better (currently using Illa's highlighter brush). It's not worth: get Beg or Ambition instead if you're having second thoughts about buying this or not. Bronzer and highlighter A, blush D.

OLD REVIEW: I got totally got hooked on Naked line and had to buy this: I was driven with an inner force. I had to have it. On the plus side, I was looking forward having a 3 in 1 product. To be honest, the palette contains the most beautiful powder highlighter I came across, which makes the whole palette worth the investment.

Color reference: BB 02 Sand, Bourjois 51 (not MAC MUFE matched: HD117, NC15).

ABOUT THE BLUSH: I agree it's a pretty, universal shade. The color is "medium-dark rosy pink with a hint of coral warmth that is mostly matte in finish" (Temptalia). I must say I don't see the coral in it, but let it be. I am very sad to have found out I already have the same shade in my stash: Illamasqua's Beg is almost the perfect dupe for it. A similar one is the Illamasqua's Ambition, which belongs to the same color family. MAC's Blushbaby is a more neutral, muted and a brown, but has a similar undertone, in a way.
Beg vs. Flushed = Flushed has teeny-tiny sparkle in it that doesn't really transfer on skin and has a more satiny texture.
Ambition vs. Flushed = Ambition has the similar sparkle in it, and is more rosy and slightly brighter, but, nevertheless, could be a good dupe for it.
There's no real need to compare Flushed to Blushbaby since it isn't a true dupe for it. Blushbaby is an everyday rose/brown blush.
Flushed has really good pigmentation, but I have had some problems with the initial application which is why I don't reach often for it. When I tried the blush for the first time I used the RT Blush brush. It did pick up the color (and there was fallout on the palette while swiping), but I simply couldn't blend the color nicely. It got 'stuck' in place and just wouldn't spread and blend. Luckily, I have a nice dense brush (Illamasqua Highlighter brush) which had done the job nicely and saved my full face masterpiece.
The shade of this blush isn't a shade which I would buy if it was sold in a separate palette. I think it doesn't flatter my face/cheeks too much. It has too much of fuscous (mauve) red in it, which doesn't compliment me because I have some redness in my cheek area (sensitive, intolerant skin). Wish it had a hint of peach, orange or brown in it, and less dark rosy red in it,

Ambition is my HG blush for evenings, and I like it the most out of these for I've listed. It's a beautiful rosy color, which has a satin finish. Ambition looks at same time playful, sexy and serious, while Flushed looks flat, cheap and fool proof. It may look better on deeper tones.

ABOUT THE HIGHLIGHTER: I am happy to acknowledge I like the fact that it is an over-the-top kind of highlighter. I have Lightscapade, Mary Lou Manizer and High Beam. The intensity of highlight you get is equivalent to MLM. I like it that way - that it is a pigmented highlighter. Although I don't like the effect Lightescapade gives me (or better, lacks of it), I am not ready to sell it or swap it. The whole investment is worth just for this highlighter. About the color (by Temptalia): "champagne beige with a frosted, metallic finish. The payoff is seemingly sheer, but it really frosts the skin when applied. A little goes a very, very long way! Even lightly used, it yields a frosted, metallic finish on the skin that, unfortunately, emphasizes pores quite readily.".

ABOUT THE BRONZER: I haven't used it but it's really orange. I have Chocolate Soleil, and I am afraid to use this one since I'm pale and don't want to look like I've been rolling in mud whole day long. In summer, I'll give it a chance. EDIT: I've used it! It's not as bad as I thought it would be. It's less pigmented than the blush (wish blush had the same pigmentation), and didn't looked orange on me. I used it in conjunction with the blush and highlighter. I may use it with other pink blushes. First time I used the MAC 168 Angled brush, but I didn't like the look I got. The line was too thick and noticeable - I did blend it out, but I had too much of the "warmth" on my face. Next time I used the RT Contour brush, and since then, I'm using that brush for this bronzer. I use the bronzer for contouring, not bronzing - I'm not sure how do I broze myself.
The orange undertone, while present, isn't as noticeable as it may seem. Due to the low pigmentation, the contouring is easily controlled.

APPLICATION: Blush - dense, domed contour brush, nothing flimsy or fluffy. Recommend: Illamasqua Highlighter or Blush 1 brush. Highlighter - flimsy, fluffy brush with a small had and natural bristles. Recommend: Inglot 4SS. Bronzer - RT Contour brush.

Hope I helped someone. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have the blushes I have, or to those who are looking for a pigmented pink powder highlighter, which is gorgeous. The bronzer, though, is nothing new, and every brand offers the same orange undertoned bronzer.

I like the highlighter the most. The bronzer, which is the second most liked product in the palette, ended up being a good one. It's growing on me and I'm starting enjoying using it. The blush is what disappointed me: a boring shade with no imagination or daring.

Won't repurchase it only because - again - I have the same shades and it will take me two lifes to finish it.

I added pictures for comparison: from top to bottom: Beg/Flushed/Ambition/Blushbaby.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by stuipdfellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My first bronzer but I am loving it already. I got persuaded at sephora by a salesgirl, she layered it on my face and I can really see the difference on how it lifts and contours my face, also giving it a natural glow. I love that it comes with highlighting powder and makes contouring so easily done with just a palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by sawitham

Finally! I got fed up of constantly buying cheaper blushes because I couldn't find one that had the right colour and shimmer and then I found this! I swirl my brush over the 3 shades for my day to day colour :) when doing my makeup for a more special occasion, I use the bronzer to contour my cheekbones, the blush and highlighter on the apples of my cheeks then use a bit of translucent powder to blend together :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went to Sephora looking for a new blush and when I saw this palette, I thought I would give this a try. I like the idea of the bronzer, highlighter and blush in one convenient compact. The blush is a pretty rosy pink flush that I love, but I find that the bronzer is just a tad bit orangey. The highlighter is very shimmery, and when I use it, I use it sparingly. The palette is highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way.

Edit: I began sweeping my blush brush across the palette and applying, as some MUAers suggested, and it makes a huge difference. The colors blend well together and look natural. I like the palette much more using it this way.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this palette for Christmas and I've just started to use it now. I was never really a fan of blush/bronzers before but because I received this palette, I decided to use more blush/bronzer/highlighters.

For people who travel, I think this palette is perfect. It's small and compact and in my opinion, the packaging is stable enough to withhold any moving about. It also has a nice sized mirror which is more high quality of a mirror than the mirror in some of their palettes like the Naked 1.

The palette really does stand true to it's name and makes you look "flushed." I'm not a huge fan of the highlight color (it's a little too shimmery for my taste) but the blush is beautiful and pretty pigmented (though not as pigmented and vibrant as say Wet n Wild's blushes). I think the blush is the perfect amount of pigmentation however, because too much pigmentation would be difficult to work with in the shade that's given to give you a "flushed" look and not an overtly pink-in-your-face type of blush.

As for the bronzer, I'm not totally a fan. I rarely use bronzers and the bronzer's lack of pigmentation gives me a little more motivation to skip on it every time I use the palette. Because the only thing I'm completely a fan about in this palette is the blush, I wouldn't repurchase, just because I got it as a gift and I didn't buy it with my own money. However, for people who want convenient on-the-go compacts with your blush/bronzer/highlight and want something a little bit more natural, I would recommend this for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by CornMuffinz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why I keep looking at other blushes/bronzers...this really is perfect for me. I sweep all the colors together and it looks awesome. A really perfect glow. I use the highlighter color in the middle more heavily and love the shimmer. It is a really great palette. You don't want to use too much though - one sweep across the palette and tapping the brush off on the sink will suffice.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by pauliepocket

I've been a huge fan of all the Urban Decay Naked palettes and was extremely excited about trying out the Naked flushed. I found the product to not be very pigmented. For the price, it was absolutely worth it, but I found it barely showed up on my skin. $33 for the palette is a great price considering what other high end brands charge, so I was dissapointed that it didn't work out for me. Most likely best used for those of fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are so velvety and natural looking. They're also very pigmented so you need very little. I like that they have a slight shimmer (if you sweep your brush across the whole thing) which highlights without looking glittery or tacky.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by margokissy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my new go-to! I love blush-bronzer-highligher palettes. This format is pretty much the only way you'll get me to happily purchase bronzer.

The Naked Flushed palette stands above the rest because of the amount of product you get. It's .49 oz, while most other combo palettes have much less product and cost the same (or more)!

Not only is the best option in this format, it has a beautiful matte bronzer, which is hard to find. If you apply it lightly with the proper brush, it will look great on even fair skin. The blush is rosy, and also needs to be applied lightly since it is very pigmented. This is not a bad thing - it allows you to use this palette for a long time!

The highlight is shimmery and not as pigmented. The powder itself doesnt have the same consistency as the blush and bronzer. My only complaint is that you'll likely run out of it before you run out of either of the others.

For me, this palette is a straight rebuy. It's the best!