Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Blush Orchid

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/17/2013 6:02:00 AM

I picked this up thinking I was getting Pink Blossom then double checked the label on the end of the paper tube and decided to give it a try. This is a new shade. Its a baby cool-ish pink that can be built up to create a nude lip. Pretty-- but too cool toned for me (MAC NC20) so will use as a base to go over with a liner or another shade. This shade is better suited on someone with very pale ivory skin. Very moisturizing as most of the tints are.
UPDATE
would like to swap this out for another shade. Too cool toned for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like these tinted lip balms. They are a bit over priced imo but they are incredibly moisturizing. I have couple of colors that I enjoy and so was excited to see that BB's was coming out with some new shades in this line. Blush Orchid is a very pale milky pink color. If applied thickly it will blank out my lips - so I use it as a base for creating a nude lip. Like the majority of the colors I've tried the pigmentation is not super strong (except Pink Blossom, which has excellent pigmentation) but I do find this color can be built up somewhat. I'm may or may not repurchase this particular color, but I do find it useful for creating a nude lip.

Popular Lip Treatments