September 22, 2014 | 1869 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Moisture SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by verseau213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'll start with the positives: for dry skin, this is a really nice. I'm extremely dry everywhere but my nose, and this is a nice way to get some added moisture throughout the day. The packaging is also wonderful, wish they would put a pump on every MAC foundation (without charging for it...cough cough). And if you like a dewy glow, this is great for that.

Unfortunately... I've tried to get this work for me, but it's a primadonna. Firstly, I need three different tools just to get it to look smooth on my skin without streaks (buffer brush, beauty blender, kabuki). Secondly, I find it has bad staying power. It doesn't fade so much as it migrates. It settles into any lines on my face (laugh lines, forehead) despite powder and setting spray. Lastly, I know most people say this runs dark, but for me the opposite is true. The SA who sold it to me matched me as NC20 (I'm normally NC25/30 in summer) because she said it oxidized. Well, on me it doesn't, so I look like a ghost. I then went and bought an adjuster to get this to be the right shade, but it was a waste of money because I can't handle the migrating all over my face. If it stayed put and didn't settle, I would like it much better, but I think I'm giving up and back-to-MACing my 75%-full bottle. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by juicyyycouture

First off the pump is SO convenient in comparison to other MAC foundation packaging.
Typically, I have normal to dry skin. I found this foundation to be very hydrating and it also gives light to medium coverage. It doesn't hide my zits well but it does amazingly at evening out my skin tone, redness around nose and darkness under my eyes.

It lasts around 6 hours for me which isn't too impressive. But I definitely will repurchase this anyways. It gives me such a natural, glowy look. Not cakey at all! Even if I build it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by adefenderfer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In my opinion, this is a dry skinned girl's best friend! One pump gives me sheer-light coverage and 2-3 pumps gives a strong medium coverage. I would say that this foundation lasts anywhere from 6-8 hours before I notice some fading. It does transfer so I usually set with a light dusting of Mac's skinfinish natural. I've experienced no breakouts, all Mac foundations besides F&B destroy my skin. When applied with my fingers or Sigma f80, it can look wet but after 10 minutes it will set to a natural finish. My skin feels and looks hydrated all day! I LOVE this foundation but imagine this would not be for anyone with oily skin. NC15 is a great match for me.

About my skin-- I am fair, yellow toned, sensitive, and range from dry to very dry. I typically fall between a NC15-20 in Mac, buff in revlon colorstay, fairly light in bare minerals, linen in bare minerals liquid, fair honey in tarte.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by missmelodya

this is a luminous, sheer foundation best used for a very natural look. it feels nice to wear, especially the day after using a chemical exfoliant. NC15 is ever so slightly darker in this formulation than other MAC foundations. Mineralize Moisture is "glowy" so i don't think you'll need much, if any highlighter when wearing it. easy to blend, fragrance free, and contains SPF 15. i've been told the foundation has buildable coverage which i've not yet tried (1 layer of foundation is the most i can do because i am lazy) so please consider this regarding my coverage comments : 1 layer is what i'm reviewing here wear-wise. it seems to play nicely with my light daytime gel moisturiser (SBC collagen gel.) transfers easily to skin, hair, clothing, etc so do be cautious. easy to remove without the need for makeup remover. would recommend for those not only with dry skin but for those with nearly perfect skin that just need a bit of tone correction.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by bitchmob

I love this foundation it's def light to medium coverage I use it with UD oil control spray it's dewy and it comes with a pump it's 34 dollars I believe the only con I have with this foundation is if I know I'm going to work all day I'm going to have to touch up I work in the heat so after a few hrs in the heat I look really oily even if I use UD oil control spay so I end up having to powder n I hate powder lol but overall it's a really good foundation it would probly work a lot better in the winter or cooler temperatures

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by msrontini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am sorry to say that this is by far the poorest quality foundation by Mac I have ever tried. I used to use Face & Body and actually came back to buy it, and then the sales assistant manically insisted that I buy the Mineralize (I noticed here in reviews most of the girls were magically "lured" to buy exactly that foundation by their SA, interesting :D). Overall my skin is normal to dry with rare breakouts,and this foundation made my skin unusually shiny and oily, so much that I had to use the settling powder afterwards, something that I never had to do with any of the previous foundations I had. The coverage is medium and I suppose that is fine, it also gives a very natural look to the skin, but oiliness and that terrible excessive shine are really too much. I would never ever buy it again, and I can't wait for the next sales assistant to recommend it to me so I can tell them bluntly exactly what I think about it :) As for the duration I would say it lasts between 4 and 6 hours, after which the touch-up would be nice. Colour match is excellent as with all other Mac products, I might only suggest that the MIneralize is maybe a shade or two darker compared to other Mac foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by idlejo

I've bought this twice now and it's a nice dewy light foundation but the emphasis has to be on 'light'. More like a tinted moisturiser coverage, which is great if you have young flawless skin. Sadly, my skin needs a bit more help these days so dont think I'll be purchasing again. Not too bad if mixed with another foundation, which I tend to do - but that defeats the object. Nice neutral shade though (NC25). Yes, it does leave a sheen but once again - great if that's what you're after.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by boringlauren

Okay, so the packaging is ridiculous. Leaks everywhere even when you "lock" the lid. I wanted a foundation that would be slightly moisturizing as I have dry skin. I didn't have a problem with the "dewey" finish but I do have a problem with the barely there coverage. The Mac woman told me this would be medium coverage and I was okay with that, but honestly this looks like I'm not wearing anything at all. It didn't even really even out my skin tone. It's expensive, it's messy, and it looks like I didn't put anything on, and not in the good "wear make up to look like you're not wearing make up" way. Going to return this. Probably will not repurchase from mac as I was also displeased with the painterly paint pot.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by raevon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was me attempting to try a new lightweight foundation as i normally wear estee lauder double wear but find it can be heavy for everyday use. This mac foundation is like putting lotion on my face- it feels so wet and ridiculously shiny- definately cannot wear without a setting powder and even then that needs to be topped up every couple of hours. i have a normal skin type with occasional break outs. By the end of the day i felt too self concious about my shiny face that i wont use again. As for price...its bonkers that they have a £28 price tag on a glorified tinted moisturiser.

I have since fell in love with Georgio Armani luminous silk.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by bbbrittany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I should preface this review by stating that I think its been clogging my pores and breaking me out BUT, I just need to work around where I suspect its been causing breakouts (my chin, under my nose, sides of nose). And I simply use MAC's pro longwear concealer in those areas. So this probably wouldn't be the best choice for those with acne prone skin...

Anyway, on to my review...
This has been the FIRST foundation to give my face a smooth, rather than cakey appearance. I have mild papulopustular rosacea (rosacea with many small acne like bumps), and mild eczema on my cheeks which makes it really hard to get a smooth, non-cakey finish from any foundation but this one, use with my beauty blender dupe, creates as close to an airbrushed finish as I've ever had.
The foundation has a sheer finish, which can be built up to a near satin finish. It's very dewy and luminescent and again, probably wouldn't be the best for oily and acne prone skin types, but it looks great, and very natural on my skin. It also doesn't oxidize like many other MAC foundations do.
One further issue I have with this is that I live in Southern Ontario, Canada and it gets very humid in the summer, and this foundation unfortunately doesn't have the best lasting power on those humid days. Hopefully it'll have better lasting power in the fall and winter.

At this point in time this foundation is my HG despite the slight problems it has caused, simply because I cannot find another foundation, BB cream, tinted moisturizer etc. that won't cake. It also doesn't irritate my rosacea or eczema, and feels incredibly light on my face. Finally, I can also only seem to find my shade in MAC foundations (I'm very pale and range from NW13-NW15) so for the most part, I'm pretty satisfied with this foundation.