April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Moisture SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by OlenkaHa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have rather dry skin and was actually happy with my Diorskin Forever Foundation until I coincidently tried this MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation at the counter. I was overwhelmed by the glowy effect it gave to my dull winter skin! It has a light to medium coverage and is slightly buildable.

I agree that it might tend to maximize your pores but I think that this depends on how you apply this foundation. When applying it with a brush, it indeed maximizes my pores and looks rather dewy on my skin. However, when applying it with my fingers, it sinks into the skin and gives a beautiful healthy finish. The foundation is quite liquid.
The other thing that I like about this product is that the colour matches PERFECTLY my skin tone (NC20)!
If you have dry skin and like a glowy finish on your face, give this a try. Accordingly, this is rather nothing for people with oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by marshmallowthug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The worst ever, although not as bad as diorskin, looks very ashy on the face, hard to blend, the skin does not absorb the product and looks like you put butter on your face.

The colour I picked was ok and that's a bout it. I felt like i had to write this because I dont have other foundation at the moment and I need to use this one and it makes me mad because it looks ugly. I have a dry skin and mac studio fix foundation is much much better when used with a rich moisturizer like nivea than this one. Seriously avoid! I will buy the studio fix or some tinter moisturizer and will throw this one awayyy cant wait :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Missbo

This is by far the best MAC foundation i have tried.. The sales assoc. mixed this foundation with the prolongwear concealer and told me to use it that way and let me tell u it looks nice and flawless on the skin... Im normal to combination and i dont find it shiny on my skin, just set it with some mineralize skinfinish natural powder, spray some fix+ on and it will look amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by amnasaeed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is specifically for people with dry skin and it does the job. This foundation is awesome! It makes your skin glow. I recommend this for people with dry or dull skin, it really makes your skin glow from within. I don't understand why people who have oily skin are even buying this foundation. It wasn't made for your skin type. Go use some powder. It is light-medium coverage but makes your skin feel amazing. Even after you take it off your face feels so soft. Highly recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Borovichka29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am disappointed in this product. I have oily skin and after setting this foundation with powder my face got shiny after an hour of wear which is really disappointing for any foundation. I am NC 15 and it is a perfect match for me, application was smooth and foundation blended evenly and quickly with buffing brush. It is light to buildable medium coverage, covered my dis colorations, and redness, however, after only an hour of wear my skin started to show through and my redness was visible again on top of oily mess. After I looked in the mirror I wanted to take it off and reapply different foundation.
Pros: great color match, blendable, medium coverage, would recommend for dry to very dry skin, SPF
Cons: not suitable for oily skin, not matte, can not control oil, price
Comparable to drugstore l'oreal true match lumi

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Kirstygribbin

I was really excited to buy this product after always wanting to buy a MAC product, when I went to the MAC store the lady was very helpful and recommended this for dry skin. When she applied the foundation it looked great! So I bought it. However, after about 2 hours the foundation just rubbed off! Also the smell isn't exactly great, and I feel it's very 'cakey'.
Pros-
Packaging is nice
Use of a pump
Colour range

Cons-
Doesn't stay on for very long (even with/ without moisturiser underneath AND also setting it with powder! Which was also MAC).
Feels 'Cakey' on the skin
Clings to dry areas of the face
Doesn't smell great
Coverage isn't great either

I was really disappointed with the product, considering this is a MAC product, I wouldn't buy this again. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Caleeesi

I wear NC15 and it suits my skin perfectly. I don't even have to blend down my neck. The price is quite high- $47 after taxes, but the coverage is great while feeling light on my skin. I probably won't repurchase simply because I don't usually have that kind of cash to drop on a foundation, so I'm going to nurse this bottle as long as possible. I wouldn't reccomed for oily skin. I have to powder my t-zone every few hours but this is perfect for my dry cheeks and chin. It doesn't stick or accentuate my dry areas

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by moonstonebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was expecting something better as it was a MAC foundation, however the coverage wasn't as full as I would've liked it. The packaging looked sleek and nice, but a horrid foundation for me. For my dry skin it surprisingly wasn't good or moisturising at all, I did not like the finish and it broke me out after using it only twice! Safe to say, a disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by plnted

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had very high expectations on this one. For a foundation that is marketed for dry skin, this did not have any 'moisturizing' factors at all. It clung to dry patches, and it made my skin look even drier and cakier- if that is possible. As for the color, I got it in NC15 and it was a perfect match when i tried it out at the counter, but did oxidice during the day and made me look orange. It doesn't photograph well either, during the day it seems to get very shiny and the foundation that doesnt cling to dry patches glides off and creates an uneven skintone. Very disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by imi11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my HG foundation for well over a year, and one day I decided I wanted to try something else, so i went on and purchase Chanel Mat Lumiere. I have recently got a bit over the Chanel foundation as it has a really high coverage, and at the moment I wanted something lighter. After experimenting with numerous BB & CC creams I came back to my trusty MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation. I have combination skin, with an oily t-zone and at the moment i have some dry patches. Going back to MAC has been great because the coverage is light to medium so it covers my blemishes and redness really well. Because of the moisturising factor it hasn't attached to my dry patches like some of my BB creams were doing. I usually use this on top of a Face of Australia Primer using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and finish with applying some of the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural Powder, usually under my eyes once i've applied concealer, and in my t-zone. At the moment it does last quite well, it is a bit shiney at the end of the day but that's usually in my t-zone which is oily anyways. I haven't noticed it has a smell, and I love that it is in a pump form. The only downside about the packaging is that it's glass, so not ideal for travelling.

I am really glad i came back to this foundation, which is great for everyday wear. I'd recommend this for dry to combination skin, probably not for oily though.