MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15

3.1

Active: Octinoxate 7.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2%. Inactive: Water, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Squalane, Silica, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lysine, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Phytantriol, Octyldodecyl PCA, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Simethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Tin Oxide, Urea, Triacetin, Polyquaternium-51, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 3/11/2015 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly think this isn't glorified enough, if you have extra dry skin and want a dewy kind of wet look this foundation is best. I tried the face and body which was way to sheer and didn't keep the dewy finish and also the sculpt which claims to be moisturizing It was a bit cakey and clung to dry areas. This on the other hand stayed dewy throughout And it surely didn't appear to melt even without a primer. This is my holy grail foundation and I got me some dry skin. I just love it!!

on 3/2/2015 9:18:00 AM

So far I'm really loving this! I've worn it for two days now without irritation to my skin. Yesterday I didn't set with powder and at about 5pm, it was pretty faded. Today I set my entire face with Careblend powder so we'll see if that makes a difference. I do love how glowy it looks. I literally feel gorgeous after putting this on. I used to use Studio Fix Fluid, but I found it to be a little heavy and it sort of make my face look "flat" if that makes sense. This really does give that 'lit from within' look. I have only applied it with my fingers (washed my brushes and they're taking FOREVER to dry!) but I will see how well it goes on with a Real Techniques brush tomorrow. Overall I'm really loving it. I have dry skin and this seems to keep my skin from getting too dried out throughout the day whereas the Studio Fix Fluid accentuated my dry, flakey patches. I have hope for this foundation, we shall see!

on 2/7/2015 10:04:00 AM

I have dry skin with some wrinkles for reference and Unfortunately, this foundation just really highlighted the peach fuzz on my face. I wanted to love it because I really liked there old mineralize foundation but this just didn't work for me.

on 2/3/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love this, I really did. I don't know why I continue to try higher end foundations, when I love my Smashbox, but I do, and none compare to feelings about that product. I still feel the need to try new things, and with this being one of MAC's newest foundations, I thought I'd give it a shot.

For reference, I am NW 25 in MAC. The color match is good and I do use some bronzer and highlighter to do a subtle contour and highlight (nothing crazy) this provides a nice even base for my skin. I wouldn't say that I have mature skin; however, it is not what it used to be. I have 3 lines (not fine, but not deep yet) on my forehead, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have combination skin, normal in the cheek and forehead area, oily in the TZone. I have melasma on both of my cheeks that resulted from sun exposure when I was pregnant. As well as red marks from blemishes from when I was a teenager.

The base that this provides when it is first applied is beautiful. I would describe it as a dewy, not satin finish, and if you are going to try this, it most definitely needs to be set with a powder. I tried this with the different types of primers that I had to get a good handle on whether or not it was me or the primer that didn't keep this foundation on my face, or whether it was the foundation itself (Too Faced Hangover Rx, Smashbox hydrating and color correcting, porefessional and just Fix +). After trying this several days with several different primers and setting techniques/powders, this is not the foundation for me.

I felt as though it settled in my lines shortly (maybe an hour or two after application). Then once it did that, it started to melt off my face. It would happen so quickly, that I wouldn't have time to check myself and touch up as needed throughout the day. Staying power is huge for me, because even if it is sheer coverage, I took time to apply my makeup and I really want it to stay that way for a while. It doesn't take me 10 minutes in the morning to do my whole face; therefore, once I am finished, I expect the results to be there by at the very least a third of the way through the work day.

I really loved the way it look when I first applied it, but I didn't have luck with much else after the fact, so I returned it to my local MAC counter :( . Hopefully this helps those who are thinking about purchasing. If you are looking for something that's going to last, I wouldn't use this. I would definitely ask for a sample first.

on 2/2/2015 2:13:00 PM

I bought this product for my winter holiday in Italy and Moscow Russia... well it worked perfectly great there... i had a Barbie's face look people said... but then I am now back here in Indonesia... OMG it was really great when I applied as i was in aircond room.. but as soon as I get outdoor it was disaster... my face looks like I just get out of sauna room with face serum treatment on... well, for fine dining occasion I might use this.. but not for any other occasion in tropical country... maybe will work out for dry skin.. but for my normal skin... NO... so all i can say... this product worked well as my purpose of buying this... for winter make up

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is an OK foundation. However when my combination skin gets a little sensitive in the winter, I find this irritates it further whereas the studio fix foundation didn't.
Also, although it does give me a lovely glowy finish, it is a thin texture that tends to sink into dryer areas on my face such as above my lip which looks horrible. Plus, due to its light texture it doesn't cover the dark circles under my eyes at all, it just sinks into the lines and makes me look a bit wrinkley.
If you have dry skin that doesn't get flakey or bumpy/ irritated, then this is probably a good foundation for you.
However for the price, I won't be buying it again.

Okay. I went in to MAC to get a new foundation because my match master was running out (as in, I can still pop the pump off and scrape the bottle) and I wanted to try something a little more moisturizing for winter. I thought I had dry skin. Well I must not, seeing as this foundation is meant for dry skin and it made me look extremely greasy! I do NOT have oily skin. I guess it might be normal, but to me, it sometimes feels dry. I know that they say this gives a dewy finish, and maybe some people like that, but this did not do the job for me. I was told it would be medium coverage and when the lady put it on me, I just figured I could do a better job at home so I tried it. The coverage might be medium if you apply way too much of it. To me it was light coverage. It felt very heavy and very greasy. The pigment seemed to smear around too easily. It was streaky no matter what I did until it had time to dry up a bit (it never really dried... I had to apply powder because I felt so sticky!). Anyways, I took it back. I got studio fix fluid instead. I was actually really happy with match master just wanted to try something new. I'm happy with the studio fix now. Just thought I would share since I was so unhappy with this foundation! If you have super dry skin and like the "dewy" look, you might like this. I guess I prefer matte foundation. Yikes!!

on 1/14/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin, and this is the only foundation that works for me! I have used it for over a year now and I'm not finished with my second bottle, so its very durable. I use NC25 and it fits my skin tone perfectly. After I apply the foundation I wait for around 5 minutes before putting on powder. Remember to shake the bottle before you use it! :) This works very well for dry and combination skin. A little goes a long way!

on 1/6/2015 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

As someone with acne-prone, oily skin, this did not work well for me. I have large pores and moderately oily skin with lots of red marks. This did not cover well and slid off my face. The feel of it is very nice and I think I would like it much better if I had dry skin and didn't need a lot of coverage. The finish is VERY dewy. Almost makes you look greasy. I found that this was best applied with a brush, the MAC #187 or Sephora PRO #56 borth worked fine.. It did not apply well with a beauty blender or any other sponge. The packaging is definitely the best part. I think this was better before the reformulation (when it was Mineralize Satinfinish).

So as a first timer with makeup, my sister recommened that I buy MAC (we have similar skin tones). When I walked into the store I was completely lost at the many varieties of foundation. The SA asked me whether I like my foundation matte or dewy. Obviously having no experience, I had no idea so I was recommended this product.

On to the review...
I LOVE the pump of this bottle! I use about one and a half pumps to create a sheer finish. Unlike MAC Studio Fix Powder, this foundation felt light on my skin and did not cake during the day even if I applied multiple layers. The foundation covers the redness of my pimples but does not hide them as well as I would have liked. It provided enough moisture on my cheeks but may have been a bit oily on my t zone.

What I really disliked about this product was thay I could not build a medium coverage (2-3 pumps) without making my skin tone much darker and more golden. I was matched as NC30 by the sales assistant and with 1-2 pumps it blended flawlessly onto my face. Also, I was told to buy the mineralize skinfinish natural to set the mineralize foundation. I found that if I didn't set the foundation, it would run on a hot day and it transferred very easily onto my glasses.

Pricewise this was a tad pricey at $49 and I could not get it without the skinfinish, another $49. A bit on the expensive side. Since I don't wear makeup everyday I won't have to stock up as often so that's alright I guess...

Overall I would rate this 3.5/5 but I cant seem to do half brushes (can't really tell what it is).