August 1, 2014 | 1890 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Moisture SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by bbbrittany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I should preface this review by stating that I think its been clogging my pores and breaking me out BUT, I just need to work around where I suspect its been causing breakouts (my chin, under my nose, sides of nose). And I simply use MAC's pro longwear concealer in those areas. So this probably wouldn't be the best choice for those with acne prone skin...

Anyway, on to my review...
This has been the FIRST foundation to give my face a smooth, rather than cakey appearance. I have mild papulopustular rosacea (rosacea with many small acne like bumps), and mild eczema on my cheeks which makes it really hard to get a smooth, non-cakey finish from any foundation but this one, use with my beauty blender dupe, creates as close to an airbrushed finish as I've ever had.
The foundation has a sheer finish, which can be built up to a near satin finish. It's very dewy and luminescent and again, probably wouldn't be the best for oily and acne prone skin types, but it looks great, and very natural on my skin. It also doesn't oxidize like many other MAC foundations do.
One further issue I have with this is that I live in Southern Ontario, Canada and it gets very humid in the summer, and this foundation unfortunately doesn't have the best lasting power on those humid days. Hopefully it'll have better lasting power in the fall and winter.

At this point in time this foundation is my HG despite the slight problems it has caused, simply because I cannot find another foundation, BB cream, tinted moisturizer etc. that won't cake. It also doesn't irritate my rosacea or eczema, and feels incredibly light on my face. Finally, I can also only seem to find my shade in MAC foundations (I'm very pale and range from NW13-NW15) so for the most part, I'm pretty satisfied with this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by missyazuli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Admittedly, this was more to get a shade match rather than an actual purchase of the product, but I would like to think my review is still valid.

Went to go get shade matched, and she went and applied it to my whole face, and wore it for 4 hours after that, since I was out with a friend.
The coverage was nice. BUT.

I felt itchy with it on, and after I had washed it off, I broke out all over my cheeks and around my mouth.

At least I know what my shade match is, the next time I use an online shade matcher.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Can't believe this foundation has a mediocre rating on here... I was recommended this foundation by a MAC makeup artist, since I have dry and sensitive skin. She also thought I had really nice skin, and said I didn't need full coverage. I got some samples to take home with me (and I later bought it). This is definitely light to medium coverage, slightly buildable, but not much. I caught myself in the mirror at work and my first thought was 'Wow, my skin looks nice today!'. It was glowing and looked healthy. It also felt really light on my skin.
The consistency is slightly runny, but it feels really nice when you put it on your skin.
If you have oily skin, this is not for you! I suspect some people on here have oily skin and decided to use this foundation anyway, and if that is the case, then of course it has mediocre ratings on here!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finding that my Bourjois Healthy Mix wasn't cutting it anymore thanks to dry winter skin, I decided to give this foundation a try after a MAC sales rep recommended it. I haven't been using it for long, but so far I'm sold. I love the dewy, glowy effect this foundation has - I can't stop looking at my skin! The coverage is only medium, so you'll want to use concealer for any dark blemishes. It really is moisturising and the dry patches on my cheeks are gone. The bottle is also really fancy! ;) Definitely NOT for oily skin, and I think it might be a bit much for me when the weather warms up, but for winter this is just perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation in NC44, to replace my old Mineralise foundation in NC45.
The re formulation has changed the colours, and now I cannot find a match, as this NC44 looks far too red, the NC45 is much darker, and the NW35, which I was matched to is not yellow enough.

Additionally this maybe isn't milled finely enough as it looks like makeup on the face... You can see the foundation sitting on my skin, giving me the 'foundation' face which I don't like.

Overall this is an ok, dewy foundation, with medium coverage, however I feel this foundation is somewhat dated compared to the new skin like makeup lines on the market now.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by preet123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Just returned it made my face so oily

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I have tried many foundations and thought would give this a go as looked fab on my friend who works for MAC. I brought this thinking it would smooth my skin and give coverage. Was only right about one of those things and that was smooth skin. I couldn't build up the cover too well and for me that's a must but if you like a more natural foundation with drier skin this could be for you. Made my skin greasy quickly so needed to set. Unfortunately just not for me :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Last week I exchanged a MAC BB cream that wasn't working for me with a Liquid MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF foundation. I really love this foundation! Most foundations make my skin look really dry, but I love the dewy (not oily) look this foundation gives me. I apply it with a MAC foundation brush and then I use a little bit of loose MAC powder over the foundation after waiting about 10 minutes to set the look and make sure it doesn't look too shiny. For the record, I'm 43 with good skin, only a few lines around my eyes, and a bit of melasma around my lips and on part of my forehead. I just went down to the coffee bar where I work and received a compliment about how great I look! I give credit to this MAC foundation because my skin looks much more dewy and glowing than it has in years. The only downside I've noted, as others have stated, is that it never really "sets." The foundation comes off on *anything* that touches my face. I wouldn't exactly call this a deal killer though since every single foundation I've ever used--high end as well as drugstore--transfer onto anything that touches my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by su

I didn't like it at all, I gave it to my mother. I used to buy Hyper Real SPF 15 Foundation which was great, but unfortunately was discontinued, what a pitty.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by samii7nzs

this foundation looked very cakey on me it didnt give a nice after look coverage was quite low. I also hated how much it glowed on my face, it was worse in a light room