September 2, 2014 | 1589 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Moisture SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by bitchmob

I love this foundation it's def light to medium coverage I use it with UD oil control spray it's dewy and it comes with a pump it's 34 dollars I believe the only con I have with this foundation is if I know I'm going to work all day I'm going to have to touch up I work in the heat so after a few hrs in the heat I look really oily even if I use UD oil control spay so I end up having to powder n I hate powder lol but overall it's a really good foundation it would probly work a lot better in the winter or cooler temperatures

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by msrontini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am sorry to say that this is by far the poorest quality foundation by Mac I have ever tried. I used to use Face & Body and actually came back to buy it, and then the sales assistant manically insisted that I buy the Mineralize (I noticed here in reviews most of the girls were magically "lured" to buy exactly that foundation by their SA, interesting :D). Overall my skin is normal to dry with rare breakouts,and this foundation made my skin unusually shiny and oily, so much that I had to use the settling powder afterwards, something that I never had to do with any of the previous foundations I had. The coverage is medium and I suppose that is fine, it also gives a very natural look to the skin, but oiliness and that terrible excessive shine are really too much. I would never ever buy it again, and I can't wait for the next sales assistant to recommend it to me so I can tell them bluntly exactly what I think about it :) As for the duration I would say it lasts between 4 and 6 hours, after which the touch-up would be nice. Colour match is excellent as with all other Mac products, I might only suggest that the MIneralize is maybe a shade or two darker compared to other Mac foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by idlejo

I've bought this twice now and it's a nice dewy light foundation but the emphasis has to be on 'light'. More like a tinted moisturiser coverage, which is great if you have young flawless skin. Sadly, my skin needs a bit more help these days so dont think I'll be purchasing again. Not too bad if mixed with another foundation, which I tend to do - but that defeats the object. Nice neutral shade though (NC25). Yes, it does leave a sheen but once again - great if that's what you're after.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by boringlauren

Okay, so the packaging is ridiculous. Leaks everywhere even when you "lock" the lid. I wanted a foundation that would be slightly moisturizing as I have dry skin. I didn't have a problem with the "dewey" finish but I do have a problem with the barely there coverage. The Mac woman told me this would be medium coverage and I was okay with that, but honestly this looks like I'm not wearing anything at all. It didn't even really even out my skin tone. It's expensive, it's messy, and it looks like I didn't put anything on, and not in the good "wear make up to look like you're not wearing make up" way. Going to return this. Probably will not repurchase from mac as I was also displeased with the painterly paint pot.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by raevon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was me attempting to try a new lightweight foundation as i normally wear estee lauder double wear but find it can be heavy for everyday use. This mac foundation is like putting lotion on my face- it feels so wet and ridiculously shiny- definately cannot wear without a setting powder and even then that needs to be topped up every couple of hours. i have a normal skin type with occasional break outs. By the end of the day i felt too self concious about my shiny face that i wont use again. As for price...its bonkers that they have a £28 price tag on a glorified tinted moisturiser.

I have since fell in love with Georgio Armani luminous silk.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by bbbrittany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I should preface this review by stating that I think its been clogging my pores and breaking me out BUT, I just need to work around where I suspect its been causing breakouts (my chin, under my nose, sides of nose). And I simply use MAC's pro longwear concealer in those areas. So this probably wouldn't be the best choice for those with acne prone skin...

Anyway, on to my review...
This has been the FIRST foundation to give my face a smooth, rather than cakey appearance. I have mild papulopustular rosacea (rosacea with many small acne like bumps), and mild eczema on my cheeks which makes it really hard to get a smooth, non-cakey finish from any foundation but this one, use with my beauty blender dupe, creates as close to an airbrushed finish as I've ever had.
The foundation has a sheer finish, which can be built up to a near satin finish. It's very dewy and luminescent and again, probably wouldn't be the best for oily and acne prone skin types, but it looks great, and very natural on my skin. It also doesn't oxidize like many other MAC foundations do.
One further issue I have with this is that I live in Southern Ontario, Canada and it gets very humid in the summer, and this foundation unfortunately doesn't have the best lasting power on those humid days. Hopefully it'll have better lasting power in the fall and winter.

At this point in time this foundation is my HG despite the slight problems it has caused, simply because I cannot find another foundation, BB cream, tinted moisturizer etc. that won't cake. It also doesn't irritate my rosacea or eczema, and feels incredibly light on my face. Finally, I can also only seem to find my shade in MAC foundations (I'm very pale and range from NW13-NW15) so for the most part, I'm pretty satisfied with this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by missyazuli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Admittedly, this was more to get a shade match rather than an actual purchase of the product, but still.
Went to go get shade matched, and she went and applied it to my whole face, and wore it for 4 hours after that, since I was out with a friend.
The coverage was nice. BUT.

I felt itchy with it on, and after I had washed it off, I broke out all over my cheeks and around my mouth.

So yeah. No...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Can't believe this foundation has a mediocre rating on here... I was recommended this foundation by a MAC makeup artist, since I have dry and sensitive skin. She also thought I had really nice skin, and said I didn't need full coverage. I got some samples to take home with me (and I later bought it). This is definitely light to medium coverage, slightly buildable, but not much. I caught myself in the mirror at work and my first thought was 'Wow, my skin looks nice today!'. It was glowing and looked healthy. It also felt really light on my skin.
The consistency is slightly runny, but it feels really nice when you put it on your skin.
If you have oily skin, this is not for you! I suspect some people on here have oily skin and decided to use this foundation anyway, and if that is the case, then of course it has mediocre ratings on here!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finding that my Bourjois Healthy Mix wasn't cutting it anymore thanks to dry winter skin, I decided to give this foundation a try after a MAC sales rep recommended it. I haven't been using it for long, but so far I'm sold. I love the dewy, glowy effect this foundation has - I can't stop looking at my skin! The coverage is only medium, so you'll want to use concealer for any dark blemishes. It really is moisturising and the dry patches on my cheeks are gone. The bottle is also really fancy! ;) Definitely NOT for oily skin, and I think it might be a bit much for me when the weather warms up, but for winter this is just perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation in NC44, to replace my old Mineralise foundation in NC45.
The re formulation has changed the colours, and now I cannot find a match, as this NC44 looks far too red, the NC45 is much darker, and the NW35, which I was matched to is not yellow enough.

Additionally this maybe isn't milled finely enough as it looks like makeup on the face... You can see the foundation sitting on my skin, giving me the 'foundation' face which I don't like.

Overall this is an ok, dewy foundation, with medium coverage, however I feel this foundation is somewhat dated compared to the new skin like makeup lines on the market now.