January 30, 2015 | 1834 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Moisture SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2015 5:04:00 AM More reviews by EmilyRichards

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay. I went in to MAC to get a new foundation because my match master was running out (as in, I can still pop the pump off and scrape the bottle) and I wanted to try something a little more moisturizing for winter. I thought I had dry skin. Well I must not, seeing as this foundation is meant for dry skin and it made me look extremely greasy! I do NOT have oily skin. I guess it might be normal, but to me, it sometimes feels dry. I know that they say this gives a dewy finish, and maybe some people like that, but this did not do the job for me. I was told it would be medium coverage and when the lady put it on me, I just figured I could do a better job at home so I tried it. The coverage might be medium if you apply way too much of it. To me it was light coverage. It felt very heavy and very greasy. The pigment seemed to smear around too easily. It was streaky no matter what I did until it had time to dry up a bit (it never really dried... I had to apply powder because I felt so sticky!). Anyways, I took it back. I got studio fix fluid instead. I was actually really happy with match master just wanted to try something new. I'm happy with the studio fix now. Just thought I would share since I was so unhappy with this foundation! If you have super dry skin and like the "dewy" look, you might like this. I guess I prefer matte foundation. Yikes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 1:31:00 PM More reviews by macjunkieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin, and this is the only foundation that works for me! I have used it for over a year now and I'm not finished with my second bottle, so its very durable. I use NC25 and it fits my skin tone perfectly. After I apply the foundation I wait for around 5 minutes before putting on powder. Remember to shake the bottle before you use it! :) This works very well for dry and combination skin. A little goes a long way!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2015 6:36:00 AM More reviews by tiffloser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As someone with acne-prone, oily skin, this did not work well for me. I have large pores and moderately oily skin with lots of red marks. This did not cover well and slid off my face. The feel of it is very nice and I think I would like it much better if I had dry skin and didn't need a lot of coverage. The finish is VERY dewy. Almost makes you look greasy. I found that this was best applied with a brush, the MAC #187 or Sephora PRO #56 borth worked fine.. It did not apply well with a beauty blender or any other sponge. The packaging is definitely the best part. I think this was better before the reformulation (when it was Mineralize Satinfinish).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 5:29:00 AM More reviews by fashionista2468

So as a first timer with makeup, my sister recommened that I buy MAC (we have similar skin tones). When I walked into the store I was completely lost at the many varieties of foundation. The SA asked me whether I like my foundation matte or dewy. Obviously having no experience, I had no idea so I was recommended this product.

On to the review...
I LOVE the pump of this bottle! I use about one and a half pumps to create a sheer finish. Unlike MAC Studio Fix Powder, this foundation felt light on my skin and did not cake during the day even if I applied multiple layers. The foundation covers the redness of my pimples but does not hide them as well as I would have liked. It provided enough moisture on my cheeks but may have been a bit oily on my t zone.

What I really disliked about this product was thay I could not build a medium coverage (2-3 pumps) without making my skin tone much darker and more golden. I was matched as NC30 by the sales assistant and with 1-2 pumps it blended flawlessly onto my face. Also, I was told to buy the mineralize skinfinish natural to set the mineralize foundation. I found that if I didn't set the foundation, it would run on a hot day and it transferred very easily onto my glasses.

Pricewise this was a tad pricey at $49 and I could not get it without the skinfinish, another $49. A bit on the expensive side. Since I don't wear makeup everyday I won't have to stock up as often so that's alright I guess...

Overall I would rate this 3.5/5 but I cant seem to do half brushes (can't really tell what it is).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2015 6:19:00 PM More reviews by hanlouiseowen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually use the MAC Studio Fix foundation in NC15 and asked for it in the MAC store in Manchester, however I was given this one by mistake and didn't realise until I saw the price at the till (£28 instead of the usual £22) but I went along with it anyway as I was willing to try it. However, I'm not a fan..
1. Coverage is poor compared to the studio fix
2. It's really expensive for its quality compared to what you can get for cheaper or the same price (Estee Lauder Double Wear!!)
3. I thought it may moisturise my fairly dry skin, but just covered it and left it looking flaky

If you are looking for something fairly natural and have normal skin I think this could be something for you. I am very disappointed as have high standards set for MAC due to my other experiences with the company.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2015 7:31:00 PM More reviews by emur20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the first Mac foundation I have ever bought (again I was recommended this product by a SA) and I have really been put off buying any other foundations from the Mac line as although the product is good for those with dry skin and I really like the packaging, the negatives definitely outweigh the positives.

In my opinion the price is way too expensive for the product you receive. I have normal skin, which does break out once or twice a month, but as I've been using this foundation the amount of spots that have been appearing has drastically increased, in places where I wouldn't normally get spots :(

One pump of foundation gives a very sheer dewy finish which is good for those who want minimal coverage, and love that dewy look, which I do love, BUT applying more than one pump (with a Real Techniques buffing brush) leaves an oily and shiny look which is definitely not what i am after.

When I use this foundation I have to set it with a powder and use a primer as it does not last all day! However I've found that using a beauty blender helps with the whole shiny business but again the coverage is very limited.

Also when I apply the foundation, it's very tacky on my face and that tackiness doesn't go away without using a powder!!

Im very upset that this foundation didnt work for me but if you have dry skin, love a dewy finish and want a very light coverage, I recommend this product!

BUT, if you have normal, acne prone or oily skin, I think you should give this one a miss!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2014 More reviews by krkrkristin27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this recently for my daytime foundation. I am all about the dewy look and the MA told me I would look luminous. I also liked the fact it had SPF 15 since I live in LA and need protection year round. The result is that it is extremely luminous almost to the point where I look oily and need to powder. Trust me, I powder, and it doesn't help. The coverage is OK for daytime but would never recommend for night time wear unless you have completely flawless young skin. All in all it's not horrible. It'll be my foundation I slap on to run morning and afternoon errands but it won't be my "go to" day foundation if I want to look my best.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by BlueDelphinium

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have combo skin. This stuff is CRAP on me. Sinks into pores. Patchy. Got shiny very fast. Doesn't last, although maybe I should try some UD All Nighter on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by emeraldgreenmascara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can see why so many people don't like this foundation. It is incredibly rich which can make it hard to make it stay in place, but on the other hand, it is truly only for the Driest of the Dry and can be a real lifesaver in the colder months. It has been cooling down significantly where I live and I can already tell MM is helping a lot in the driness department. If you are anywhere near combo oily, steer clear of this stuff!

I have normal/dry allergic (summer) and very dry sensitive allergic (winter) skin. And even I had trouble getting the foundation to stay on my face at first. Unless your skin's nickname is Sahara, I think the secret is to maybe use a little less moisturizer and find a primer that works well with it. Funny enough, none of my primers seem to get along with MM, but recently I tried a new moisturizer (GoodSkin True Hydration). Since it leaves a rubbery primed feeling (sounds worse than it is really) I thought I might as well give it a shot. Topped MM off with MSFN and BOOM - suddenly MM lasts me through most of a workday. Instead of looking like a greaseball after ~6 hours, I only got a little shiny on the sides of my nose and on my chin. A quick blot and maybe a touch of powder will fix that.

The coverage is light to medium. You can build it to some extent, but it isn't medium-full coverage like some people say. I think when it comes to coverage, everyone has a different opinion because some have more to cover than others. However, it does even out my skintone nicely (i use NC15).

The only thing that bothers me is the pump. I know it looks fancy and all, but I find it doesn't lock securely enouch and because it doesn't have a lid, the product is exposed to air basically 24/7. When I don't use it for a while, I have to pump out ~3 pumps because the foundation oxidizes in the pump aka I have to waste product - and MM is expensive enough as it is. I'm used to buying expensive foundaton because the shade selection in drugstores here is ridiculous - very dark, very orange, very small.

Usually when I know I'll be out in the cold for a while, it's either Cold Cream or makeup because anything applied on top of CC would slide off sooner or later. Now I'm looking forward even more to going to Christmas Markets, ice skating etc to see how MM will continue to perform.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by sarapeno

Pros: Love the packaging (the pump), doesn't dry out my skin, lasts a whole business day, doesn't feel heavy, evens out my skintone (including red splotches), applies smoothly over my silicon based primer.

Cons: Weird ocean-y chemical smell that is unpleasant, requires more product than I expected from the sales associate and other reviews to get a decent coverage (2-4 pumps), gets kind of shiny by the end of the day (requires blotting or powder), does migrate into creases after several hours of wear, feels moist in high heat (doesn't melt off but FEELS like it might), requires multiple layers to get a true medium coverage, rubs off like CRAZY on clothes, fingers, glasses, scarves, cell phone, etc.

So overall it's not bad, and will probably get better for my skin in the winter when the cold dry air outside and dry furnace air inside are battering my skin, but for the price ($42!) and the downsides, I'll probably try something else next time.

This was my first MAC foundation in a long time (I'd been using drug store brands for a few years due to laziness), and I'm definitely not seeing the value in this one. I'm also not quite sure that the artist at MAC matched my skin adequately, or if the colour in this line is slightly paler than other ones. I was matched as an NC25 (light-medium skin, slightly more medium, with peachy/yellow undertones) and it seems too light and slightly too yellow.