NYX Matte Lipstick in "Tea Rose"

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Gahhhhhh amazing. I loveeeeee this lipstick. The color is so pretty, especially with olive skin tones that are looking for a nice, work friendly lip color. It doesn't settle into lines and doesn't feather, last long too. My favorite!

on 3/23/2015 3:15:00 PM

I love these lippies but this color turns dark brown on my very light colored lips. It made me sad because it looks Soo good on so many people.

on 6/15/2014 2:46:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Its been awhile since I posted a review, but here goes. First of all, I love lipstick! i buy at least a couple of tubes a month. ( My favorite brands are Px, Tarte, Lipstick Queen.) Ive been trying lighter shades than I usually wear, so I buy cheaper. Bought this shade and I really like it. I think it was $6.00 at Giant Eagle. Good quality for any amount of money. Will buy a few more. (Not like I need another lipstick.)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This lipstick is perfect. Perfect for spring, summer, fall, winter. Its a mauve shade with pink undertones. It's a pop of color. Highly pigmented. If you have pigmented lips, this lipstick will cover them plus it's only $6. I've been using this shade for 2 years and always repurchase it.

on 5/17/2014 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

By mistake, I bought this in the matte formulation rather than in the Mega Shine formulation but I still love it. Others summed this up perfectly as a good mauve/pink shade. It does not look garish and doesn't dry out my lips. Looking at it from the tube, I didn't think it would work well with my medium skin tone but I now consider it one of my favorite daily lipsticks. I might try the Mega Shine version just to see if I would like that one better. My favorite looks is to pair it with a smoky eye. Keep a look out for sales at CVS and Ulta.

on 11/23/2013 1:31:00 AM

I just purchased this lipstick and am very pleased. I have pale lips, but this color is very pigmented, so it shows up as a very nice natural, warm mauve/pink. This formula and color reminds me of Bobbi Brown lip colors, which I have used for years; the price point for NYX is much less expensive though.

on 9/17/2013 12:20:00 PM

This is a nice mauve/pink color. It is opaque but still leaves your lips looking fairly natural. The texture is smooth and easy to apply. However, I dislike that it is drying. If I apply it directly on my lips, it is fairly long lasting but dries out my lips and makes them peel and look wrinkled. If I apply it over a lip balm, the drying problem is lessened but it wears off much quicker.

on 8/28/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is such a great pink natural looking color. It is not too bright, but not so pale it looks un-natural. A great everyday lipstick with staying power if you apply it right. I like to put some lip balm on about 15 minutes before I apply it, then it seems to stay on all day.

on 6/11/2013 10:28:00 PM

This is my holy grail pink color. It's a wonderful texture, not too sticky. Cozy and moisturizing, has a great matte finish. I went running while wearing it, and drank out of a water fountain, etc. Came home, and color was still going strong.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc 25-30, yellow warm undertones.

I am very surprised; I love this lipstick. For a matte lipstick, it's surprisingly moisturizing yet it still leaves a matte finish. Color is a pretty medium Mauvey pink color, leaning more towards pink than purple. This color reminds me of a pinkier version of my 2 other fave mauve-pink lipsticks: rimmel's moisture Renew in "vintage pink" and wet n' wild's mega last in "mauve my way". This lipstick is my fave every day color that brightens my face. Definitely would repurchase this shade and check out others! ;)

Popular Lipsticks