Chanel Foundation Brush (Synthetic Fibers)

4.7

on 4/25/2015 1:19:00 PM

Just the right length - i have used the Dior foundation brush too but I always return to this one because it is so easy to hold and use to apply any liquid foundation. The brush is very dense and the hairs never fall out (have had this for 3 years).
Comes in a velour pouch so really handy to keep when travelling etc.
Absolute pleasure to use.

on 1/9/2015 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is such a versatile brush it seems to work for everything. I've owned this for about six months and I seem to always be reaching for it. I use it to apply Chanel Le Blanc primer, liquid foundations and blushes, and cream highlighters. It applies everything seamlessly and effortlessly without tugging or scratching against my sensitive skin. It never leaves those annoying striped tracks behind either. I've used similar foundation brushes and they don't compare to the quality and softness of these bristles. I wash my facial makeup brushes after each use with a mild antibacterial soap and so far I haven't noticed any shedding or misshapen hairs.

I like the length of the handle too, it's not too long where I feel like I have to choke up on it in order to get the right amount of control. It's just an all around fantastic brush, no complaints at all. I imagine I'll get years of use out of this but if I have to repurchase I wouldn't hesitate.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The HG of foundation brushes! I use with Chanel Perfection Lumiere and I have never been happier. Helps makeup glide on smoothly and allows me to work quickly to blend the foundation properly. Also very nice packaging! Definitely worth the price

on 8/12/2014 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

An excellent brush! I was having troubles with foundation looking gross and clinging to patches of dry, flakey skin (thanks, Retin-A). So I changed what kind of foundation brush I was using and got this one. It really made a difference for me. The bristles are soft and they have not shed so far after about 5 months of use (and I'm a little bit rough with my brushes when I wash them). The only con that I can think of is that sometimes, I find that the application can be a bit streaky if you haven't cleaned it after a few uses.

on 8/2/2014 12:15:00 AM

Love this brush. I used to use the Giorgio Armani blender brush, and the Sigma F82 round top kabuki. This brush effortlessly blends foundation into the skin without any streaks and the best part is that it does not accentuate dry flaky skin. The bristles are actually more stiff than I was expecting, so it snaps back to its original shape really easily. I think that it is due to the stiffness that it is able to smooth foundation over skin without accentuating dry patches. The buffing motion used for the F82 really accentuated dryness, and I feel like the GA brush tended to be a bit streaky so it required more blending. Its a bit hard to clean since its so stiff, so I tend to gently massage soap into bristles to make sure it gets thoroughly cleaned. Wonderful size and shape of the brush head as well as the handle. Very easy to use. I'm very happy with my purchase. I probably wouldn't repurchase because there are other brushes I'd like to try eventually.

on 7/29/2014 6:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I can't say enough about this wonder brush. I always struggled with blending foundation. No matter how hard I tried; I was never able to blend and cover my face and neck adequately. This brush gives a flawless application every time I have used it. I have never lost a fiber while washing it, and it dries very quickly as well. Yes, it is very pricey, but you really get what you pay for with Chanel products. I have not been letdown by one yet!

on 4/13/2014 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great foundation brush. It's pretty, matches other brushes. Doesn't leave streaks with application. I wash it with a cream face cleanser once eery 3-4 days. It dries fast which is nice.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this foundation brush in about 6-7 months ago. About two months ago I purchased a Beauty Blender. I really wish I hadn't bought the two items so close together, because I absolutely love the Beauty Blender and this brush! (I read a suggestion recently to use traditional makeup brushes and finish the look with the Beauty Blender, which is exactly what I have been doing as of late.)

Anyway, I absolutely love this foundation brush. The finish is very polished and blends out product very well. I love the packaging it comes in (a box and a little velvet sleeve to store the brush in) and the wooden handle. The brush is made of synthetic fibers, which is highly recommended for blending out liquid makeup. (I use a goat hair MAC kabuki.) The brush itself if clearly high quality in both performance and appearance. My makeup collection is quite versatile. I believe there are some things that are not necessary to spend department store price, such as eyeshadow or lipstick. But quality brushes, mascara, and concealer are three things I believe are difficult to find in a drug store. The price is a bit steep ($45), but I really wanted a high quality & luxurious brush at the time. I've heard this brush often compared to Shiseido's Perfect Foundation Brush, which is $30. Had I known that prior to purchasing this brush, I probably would have gone with the less expensive one. I haven't tried using this with BB creams, I usually just use the Beauty Blender for those. As of late, I've been using CK One 3 in 1 Face Makeup with this brush. I really like the finish and the way it blends. I've tried quite a few foundations with this brush and most of them work great. As far as the comments that say it is difficult to clean, yes it is a little challenging to clean it well because the bristles are so dense and really scrubbing it would damage the brush I think. I haven't tried many other foundation brushes, but that wouldn't be a deciding factor in purchasing a brush either.

This is definitely a must have if you're on the market for a high quality foundation brush!

on 7/16/2013 12:42:00 PM

I do really likely his foundation brush is gives you a pretty finish you can really build on the coverage and the overall quality of the brush is awesome! There's just one bad thing about this brush , when the brush is dirty( been used a couple times ) when you go to apply the foundation it's gonna leave you with streaks which obviously sucks. But if the brush is fresh and clean your guaranteed a beautiful finish :)

on 5/22/2013 8:37:00 PM

I bought this brush after reading many good reviews, it is the most expensive makeup item I've purchased aside fr the bobbi brown foundation I have! I use it with my mac studio sculpt foundation and it goes on beautifully. A bit expensive for a brush but I assume it will last forever so very happy I purchased! :) you won't be disappointed

Popular Makeup Brushes