April 19, 2014 | 1839 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Truly Natural Co-Wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have medium fine,naturally curly hair that I blow out several times a week. I cleanse with conditioners in between shampoos to keep my hair from drying out from frequent washing. This is the best I've used from high dollar cleansing conditioners to cheap VO5. I would probably classify this more as a low shampoo product. This does foam just a bit so there must be a small amount of cleanser but it has great slip and gives good moisture.This leaves my hair silky with plenty of body. The best part about this is that i can skip my silk drops. After a blow dry my hair is frizz free with no other products needed although I sometimes will smooth a tiny amount through my hair for static control. I also love that it's about 1/8th the cost of my normal shampoo and conditioner. I currently can only find this at the dollar store with the black hair care products so I'm praying it isn't discontinued but I've been paying around $5 for the big bottle. Because this may weigh fine looser curls down too much I would recommend this for blowouts or those with a tighter curl that can withstand or need a little extra weight . For the record I usually can't stand Pantene products. I find them buildup heavy and drying but this one is a winner. I'm trying to stock up to prepare for the inevitable discontinue.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by CandyGirl06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm Caucasian with baby fine hair. I bought into the expensive "cleansing conditioner" idea well it was not all that impressive for my hair until one day I tried the Pantene truly natural co wash. It's my OMG HG!!! I have voluptuous hair like the commercial! And my hair before this looks as if I need rogaine! No other product has ever done this to my hair even their other products. I'm telling the world what an awesome job they did on this one! 5 stars don't go back to the one on the infomercial!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Thegoodbadugly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bottom line - it's inexpensive, not natural (but what is truly natural?), and suitable for any ethnicity. I've tried several other 'co-washes' such as As I AM and Jane Carter, used conditioners for co-washing, "baby" or "sulfate-free" shampoos, etc. This works well and the 22.8 ml size retails for approximately $5.00 USD. So, if you're not "caught up" on natural ingredients and looking for good results then this is the product for you. It contains a water-soluble silicone called bis-aminopropyl dimethicone which contributes to its great detangling and smoothing properties for those that have hair that is prone to tangling, meshing or frizziness. It also contains surfactants (stearamidopropyl dimethylamine) that allow a gentle cleansing and emollients such as stearyl alcohol and cetyl alcohol which provide a "softening" effect and can contribute the waxy feel or coating of the hair. Note though that many of your high-end "natural" co-washes also contain many of the same ingredients, but they added in extracts of this and that. Yes, "oil-enriched" is part of the package label, but the oils are listed just prior to the last two ingredients which are preservatives. If you want 'oils' then consider performing an oil-rinse after you co-wash. I don't use this to cleanse my scalp instead I use Keracare Natural Textures Cleansing Cream as a scalp cleanser - apply, gently massage, allow it to sit while detangling my hair strands and then I continue the scalp massage while rinsing the cleansing cream out. Now that my hair is soaking wet from the rinsing, I apply the Pantene Co-wash to my hair strands (no scrubbing, just scrunching it in) - let that marinate, and rinse. Based on the way my hair feels after co-washing with Pantene (as opposed to the other items that I previously mentioned), I have not had to perform any additional rinse-out or deep conditioning treatment, but I do apply a leave-in conditioner. I am very satisfied and now the 'poo portion of my hair care regimen has become shorter in time and simplified.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by uswcml16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am white, but have thick frizzy dry hair. I have very dry hair so I have been cowashing with conditioners. I really like this pantene product for co-washing. Since my hair is extremely dry, I also use a conditioner after rinsing the pantene co-wash. Love it and I am glad to finally find an affordable product that allows me to cleanse my hair without the the harsh ingredients that are found in most shampoos. I recommend this to someone who is on a budget. This is marketed to African American women, but it can be used by anyone. I have purchased this more than once and plan to re-purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

White girl with baby fine hair - the exact type they are NOT marketing to with this product! Anyway, I love wen, but not the price. I'll continue to buy it but since I wash daily, I look for things to use in between wen. Decided to try this. It's not wen, definitely, but it works almost as well. Leaves my hair soft and light. Not oily even though it contains oils. The only thing that bothers me is the scent. It's a typical Pantene scent but it is strong and I find myself sneezing through the day so I'm allergic to something in it. I'll continue to use it but I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Iljp888

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried this product. But I do like the Pantene truly relaxed deep conditioner. I don't use shampoo on a regular basis. I co wash most of the time and this stuff made my hair so soft

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by KCLADYZ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a white girl and worked great for meeven tho it seems to be marketed to african american hair. It cleans deeply and conditioning is balanced. Has a lite froth to it. I loved this product. Only thing i hated was it was scent free. I love strong scents in my shower

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I saw this at Walmart and couldn't resist. I normally avoid Pantene because of my own personal experience with them building up on my scalp and hair. I do love co-washing every now and then to give my hair a break from shampoo and am always looking for cleansing conditioners to try. I thought I would give this a shot. I used a big palm sized amount and concentrated on my scalp first, then worked another big glob on the rest of my hair. I let it sit for a couple of minutes and then rinsed. I was really surprised that my scalp wasn't greasy, my hair felt clean but moisturized, and I didn't have any trouble detangling my hair. There was a bit surface frizz when my hair completely dried, but nothing an oil or serum couldn't take care of. So far I am happy with its performance though I don't see myself using this everyday. For reference, I have curly 3b hair that is frizzy, normal density, highlighted, with a normal to high porosity.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by hansston

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this using a buy one shampoo get one free conditioner Pantene coupon. I've always though the idea of co-wash was great, but every time I tried it my fine, straight blonde hair looked greasy or waxy and weighted down. Since it was free I decided to try co-washing again and I'm glad I did. I think this shampoo was meant for people of color or those with curly hair, but it worked great on my straight, fine hair. My hair is silky soft, but has body. My root area, which was always the problem before, has body and isn't greasy or waxy looking. The conditioner itself has a little bit of lather, or something, just enough to get it spread throughout the hair so you don't have to use handfuls like other co-washes. I have to wash my hair every day because my hair gets oily, but the constant washing leaves my ends dry and then I have to condition and then that leaves my roots area flat and it's a viscous circle. This co-wash might be my HG. It conditions all of my hair without making the roots oily. Yay!!! I've only used it twice, so don't know how it will work long term, but so far so good. I give it five stars!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No