August 29, 2014 | 935 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Truly Natural Co-Wash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This is the only product that I actually would buy from Pantene again and again. As, i find it to be a great product to use to cowash my naturally curly hair with. It has that signature Pantene, which i have never really been a fan, but I am willing to put up with it due to how well the product works for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Cheedi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product yesterday. I have relaxed hair and I was looking for a co wash because I was using a light holding spray due to the humidity and hair spray causes drying and breakage so I needed to shampoo every other day and shampooing with shampoo cleansers isn't good for my hair. I had decided to get a good conditioner to co wash my hair every three days when I came upon the pantene hair products. I almost choose the pantene conditioner for relaxed hair then I spotted the Pantene Truly n Natural Co-Wash. I tried it last night and I love the way my hair feels it feels thicker and fuller. the texture has some slight reversion if you know what I mean but it is beautiful. I can deal with a little tightness that is still flowing! I love this stuff! and I will keep using it! Thanks Pantene I found what I was hoping for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 4:50:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I have not used Pantene in years, and almost every stylist will say it's horrible for your hair (then they try to get you to buy their products). I agree to some point that Pantene has heavy silicones in many of their products. However, I was intrigued when someone with great hair mentioned this to me as an HG product for all hair types. I assumed it was for AA hair and would contain rich oils that would weigh my hair down, but this doesn't. It has a low lather and a creamy texture to condition. You also get an enormous bottle for $5. I wouldn't use it for every wash, but every other wash and especially in the winter when hair needs extra moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have medium fine,naturally curly hair that I blow out several times a week. I cleanse with conditioners in between shampoos to keep my hair from drying out from frequent washing. This is the best I've used from high dollar cleansing conditioners to cheap VO5. I would probably classify this more as a low shampoo product. This does foam just a bit so there must be a small amount of cleanser but it has great slip and gives good moisture.This leaves my hair silky with plenty of body. The best part about this is that i can skip my silk drops. After a blow dry my hair is frizz free with no other products needed although I sometimes will smooth a tiny amount through my hair for static control. I also love that it's about 1/8th the cost of my normal shampoo and conditioner. I currently can only find this at the dollar store with the black hair care products so I'm praying it isn't discontinued but I've been paying around $5 for the big bottle. Because this may weigh fine looser curls down too much I would recommend this for blowouts or those with a tighter curl that can withstand or need a little extra weight . For the record I usually can't stand Pantene products. I find them buildup heavy and drying but this one is a winner. I'm trying to stock up to prepare for the inevitable discontinue.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by CandyGirl06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm Caucasian with baby fine hair. I bought into the expensive "cleansing conditioner" idea well it was not all that impressive for my hair until one day I tried the Pantene truly natural co wash. It's my OMG HG!!! I have voluptuous hair like the commercial! And my hair before this looks as if I need rogaine! No other product has ever done this to my hair even their other products. I'm telling the world what an awesome job they did on this one! 5 stars don't go back to the one on the infomercial!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Thegoodbadugly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bottom line - it's inexpensive, not natural (but what is truly natural?), and suitable for any ethnicity. I've tried several other 'co-washes' such as As I AM and Jane Carter, used conditioners for co-washing, "baby" or "sulfate-free" shampoos, etc. This works well and the 22.8 ml size retails for approximately $5.00 USD. So, if you're not "caught up" on natural ingredients and looking for good results then this is the product for you. It contains a water-soluble silicone called bis-aminopropyl dimethicone which contributes to its great detangling and smoothing properties for those that have hair that is prone to tangling, meshing or frizziness. It also contains surfactants (stearamidopropyl dimethylamine) that allow a gentle cleansing and emollients such as stearyl alcohol and cetyl alcohol which provide a "softening" effect and can contribute the waxy feel or coating of the hair. Note though that many of your high-end "natural" co-washes also contain many of the same ingredients, but they added in extracts of this and that. Yes, "oil-enriched" is part of the package label, but the oils are listed just prior to the last two ingredients which are preservatives. If you want 'oils' then consider performing an oil-rinse after you co-wash. I don't use this to cleanse my scalp instead I use Keracare Natural Textures Cleansing Cream as a scalp cleanser - apply, gently massage, allow it to sit while detangling my hair strands and then I continue the scalp massage while rinsing the cleansing cream out. Now that my hair is soaking wet from the rinsing, I apply the Pantene Co-wash to my hair strands (no scrubbing, just scrunching it in) - let that marinate, and rinse. Based on the way my hair feels after co-washing with Pantene (as opposed to the other items that I previously mentioned), I have not had to perform any additional rinse-out or deep conditioning treatment, but I do apply a leave-in conditioner. I am very satisfied and now the 'poo portion of my hair care regimen has become shorter in time and simplified.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by uswcml16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am white, but have thick frizzy dry hair. I have very dry hair so I have been cowashing with conditioners. I really like this pantene product for co-washing. Since my hair is extremely dry, I also use a conditioner after rinsing the pantene co-wash. Love it and I am glad to finally find an affordable product that allows me to cleanse my hair without the the harsh ingredients that are found in most shampoos. I recommend this to someone who is on a budget. This is marketed to African American women, but it can be used by anyone. I have purchased this more than once and plan to re-purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

White girl with baby fine hair - the exact type they are NOT marketing to with this product! Anyway, I love wen, but not the price. I'll continue to buy it but since I wash daily, I look for things to use in between wen. Decided to try this. It's not wen, definitely, but it works almost as well. Leaves my hair soft and light. Not oily even though it contains oils. The only thing that bothers me is the scent. It's a typical Pantene scent but it is strong and I find myself sneezing through the day so I'm allergic to something in it. I'll continue to use it but I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Iljp888

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried this product. But I do like the Pantene truly relaxed deep conditioner. I don't use shampoo on a regular basis. I co wash most of the time and this stuff made my hair so soft

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by KCLADYZ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a white girl and worked great for meeven tho it seems to be marketed to african american hair. It cleans deeply and conditioning is balanced. Has a lite froth to it. I loved this product. Only thing i hated was it was scent free. I love strong scents in my shower