September 1, 2014 | 1211 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Garnier - Intensive 7 Days Gel Creme

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought the one with "grape oil" intended for normal skin. For about a year I really tried to like it, used up about 1/4 of the bottle but eventually had to discard the rest. It is just not moisturizing at all, not even helpful for "one hour" not to mention their 7-day claim. I also dislike the consistency of this product. It is a fast-drying gel-creme but after it dries it leaves a powdery feel on my skin. Packaging is also kind of annoying without a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Glumbumble

Huge plus is the price. I got this on clearance for $3, you can't beat that. Even regular price is only about $5 or so.

Gigantic con: the packaging. It's okay during the first half or so of the bottle. But when you get past that middle mark it becomes a lot harder to squeeze product out. I use lotion all over, and instead of the usual pump in hand and then put on, I had to use both hands to squeeze this bottle directly onto my skin. It was the only way I could get product out. And once you're nearing the end of the product, I find it very hard to physically press down to get the product to come out.

As for the claim of 7 day moisture. I find this to be very false. I work with my hands a lot opening cardboard boxes, so my hands are prone to drying out unless I moisturize daily. This doesn't cut the mustard. Granted, it does help at the time, but I feel like there's no long term moisture benefits from using this product. I like the gel and how quickly and easily it rubs in, that's a bonus. I found the aloe version was slightly more moisturizing than the peach one I had (I bought two since they were only $3 at the time). But not by much. Both versions had a little bit of a perfumy smell that I didn't care much for. But it didn't linger too long.

In conclusion, I would not buy this product again. If it was for the same price, but had a pump instead of the current snap top, I might buy it during the summer months for just a cheap travel moisturizer. But I definitely wouldn't use this for any heavy duty moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an ok moisturizer for the body.

I like that it absorbs quickly, it's easy to spread, the scent selection is nice, it's cheap, the bottle is of a convenient size and I did feel that my skin was very soft the next day.

I didn't like that it didn't moisturize me for 7 days as it claims (lol), it didn't come in a pump bottle, it didn't provide enough moisture when my skin was very dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

bad product! full of alcohol, doesn't have any moisture in it doesn't do what it should. not recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Choc0lat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know why the reviews are so negative for this product. I have dry skin in the winter, and I use thicker and oilier products but this is just perfect for spring, summer and fall since my skin just need some moisture! This lotion soothes skin after tanning, and when used after shower it just prolongs that fresh, clean feeling. It just feels like my skin is drinking water when I use this! I don't know about the "7 days" claim, but i skip the extra application sometimes because my skin is perfectly moistened. And, it leaves no greasy/oily film... great moisturizer!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

It's an ok moisturiser but I would not re-purchase

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by glamorgurlbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I honestly don't understand why this is getting such bad reviews this is the only lotion I will ever use!
I got a sample of this in a magazine and ran out to the store to get the full size right away!

This gel sinks right into your skin and just makes your body feel so smooth, it has a light scent witch is really nice :), it's so affordable to!

Pros:
-makes our skin so smooth and looks so nice
-gives your body a sheen that makes you look so luxgerious
- its a gel so it's not thick

Cons:
NOTHING

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 More reviews by UrbanShocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Save your money, girls, do not buy this product. I have very dry skin so I thought I could give this lotion a try. But honestly, I do not know if it would be a good buy for other types of skin. To begin with, I found the gel consistency to be weird, the lotion absorbed fast but did nothing for my skin. I did not feel any difference before and after. (Thankfully, I received it as a sample ). The smell was a bit overpowering and the fact that it can not be used on the face, according to instructions, makes me doubt if it has good ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by sharontracy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I strongly disliked the smell. It's like cheap shaving cream.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this because I saw it on offer on Superdrug, and being a big fan of the 7 Days Intensive Lotion, I thought this would be a good buy. But how wrong I was. The formula isn't nearly as nourishing as the lotion and is actually quite hard to blend. I purchased the Peach version which is for dry and sensitive skin, but the moisturisation barely lasts a couple of hours, never mind a whole day. The only good thing about this product is the smell, it smells divine, but I would definitely recommend the lotion over the creme gel any day!