September 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Brows - Chanel - Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Brun Naturel (number 30), which is a perfect match for my light brown hair and fair, cool-toned skin. I can't say this product is a HG because it's hard to find a really bad eyebrow pencil. While mascaras can smudge and clump and irritate, an eyebrow pencil disappears from your brow in the worst case during the day. Well, this one is really long-lasting. It comes with a sharpener, and has a brow sculptor brush at the end, which I haven't tried yet, but must be useful for those who wear make-up more than I do (once a week) and know more about applying it. This itself might not justify the price, but eyebrow pencils usually last very long (especially with infrequent use), and although the packaging states that it should be used within 18 months, I think it can be used much longer, as it's always sharpened, so you're using a new, fresh part that didn't contact any bacteria. So if you want a designer make-up product just for the feeling, but don't want to spend a lot regularly, this could be a good choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by helloiamliz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my HG eyebrow pencil. I've had it for over a year now and there's still a good inch left of it, which actually makes this pencil quite inexpensive, considering how long it lasts. Slowly running out of this product, I read the ingredients since I went vegan and I found out it contains bees wax and it may contain carmine. I am now going to purchase the Christian Dior Powder Brow Pencil, which apparently lasts even longer. I read reviews from women owning it for 2-3 years, so I'm going to try this one out.

But back to the product. I loved that a sharpener came with it because I did not own one when I bought it, and when I first used it I was amazed and decided never to use anything cheap on my brows again. It never got out of place (unless my skin got like really oily, e.g. when I fell asleep etc.) and I did not even use anything else on my brows, not even a powder, a fixing gel or anything else, for over a year. This product is truly amazing, and it is absolutely buildable and blendable, I am a bleach blonde and I'm pretty sure I have this one in Nr. 40 (can't read it anymore). I can also tell that this one is quite waterproof, I didn't actually do a endurance test, but I can't remember this pencil smudging, ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by bb5

Bought this product last week and definitely will buy it again. I have dark brown hair (almost black) so I decided to purchase 40 brun cendre (second darkest color). The color matches my hair and it looks very natural. Most importantly it is easily be blended into your eyebrow. Surprisingly it also comes with a sharper! You should buy this product to get a very sophisticated natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by shushupopopipi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A fantastic eye pencil. I bought it in Brun Naturel for $45 (AUD) in Myer. I love the texture (satiny but not slippery) with a very natural and blendable colour. It comes with a brush at the end and a sharpener. Very useful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My second time buying this! My hair is dark brown, almost black and so I bought this eyebrow pencil from Chanel in the second darkest colour (which is like a soft black, essentially) and it is amazing. It lasts forever. I keep my eyebrows full (like "model" eyebrows) and I brush them up when styling them. I have a few sparse areas though and that is where this pencil comes in! I use this along with Anastacia's tinted eyebrow gel in "Granite" and it's a killer combination. I get compliments on my eyebrows daily. I just may use this Chanel eyebrow pencil forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by CherryBerryPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Best eyebrow pencil I´ve ever had! I have it in the shade Brun Cendré. The sales lady at the Chanel counter recommended this for me and it´s just match my eyebrow color perfectly. Will buy it again when it ends, but this pencil will last for a long time before I had to buy a new one. Love the cute sharper it comes with and the brush on the other side of the pen, I use it every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Chanel had recently revamped their entire eyebrow pencil collection by releasing the crayon sourcils sculpting eyebrow pencil range. I had tested Chanel's previous eyebrow pencil range and was unimpressed. Colour selections were poor; ie. the browns had too much of red undertone and lasting power was poor as it would smudge easily when you sweat. I was a loyal fan of Shu Uemura's hard 9 brow pencil in Seal brown for years until I realised that the shu pencil just wasn't cutting it anymore. It just wasn't performing as well.

During a recent trip to the Chanel makeup studio, I decided to try their eyebrow pencil. I had the SA try the pencil on me and I was instantly blown away by how nicely defined my brows were. I am extremely particular about my brows and will be frustrated if my brows are not done correctly. I purchased the brow pencil and have been using it ever since. I am genuinely impressed with the color selection and longevity of this brow pencil. I have worn it for 10 to 12 hours straight, slept with it and my brows still look very decent with no smudging or fading.

Pricewise I do not find this pencil to be too expensive as it contains quite a lot of product. In fact I find other brow pencils such as MAC's brow pencil to be atrociously expensive. I had purchased MAC's brow pencil and finished that in a month! I was also asked several times by friends as to whether I had my eyebrows professionally embroidered. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good quality brow pencil. For reference I have fair/light skin and dark brown/black hair and I am using #40 brun cendre. I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No