Chanel Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil

4.9

on 8/26/2015 12:10:00 PM

This is amazing! I love it already and I've only had it for a week, I bought it in shade 40 (Brun Cendré) which is a perfect match for my dark brown eyebrows! Hallelujah there is no red or orangey warmness in this shade!!! You can use it for a quick filler when in a rush and you can also create the best eyebrows you've ever had with this by taking a good couple of minutes on them and using the brush on the other end after. What makes this so damn good is that it's a definite natural finish, so it's not shiny but it also does not make your brows look unnaturally mattified and all powdery. I hate that intense powdery look that powders and some pencils give sometimes. The spoolie brush on the bottom of the pencil blends it perfectly through my brows and once I'm done it looks like I'm not wearing makeup at all, infact my sister noticed my brows and said that my eyebrows look like they've 'grown out so well' *mwahaha evil laugh, she doesn't even know I've filled them in!* This will work amazingly for people with both thin and thick brows. I have a tiny bit of sparseness in my eyebrows and this 100% solves that issue. The only thing I would say is that this may not work for you if you have no eyebrows AT ALL and you want to draw them on completely because this pencil has a medium-ish hardness/opacity.

*** By the way, there seems to be two profiles for this exact same product on makeupalley so I put this review on both of them. One profile for this pencil has over 170 reviews and this has much less reviews, not sure why that is but, it is the same product, I checked! Oh and everyone still loves the pencil on that profile too!***

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have this in 40 brun cendre, which is perfect for anyone with dark brown to black hair. My first experience with this product was when my mom came home with a bunch of Chanel makeup and she let me try some of them on. I fell in love with this brow pencil immediately and purchased one for myself. It goes on smoothly and can make even the most sparse brows thick and full - all while looking completely natural. I have short brows, so I usually accentuate the end and start of my brows to make them longer. With other brow pencils, doing this can look very unnatural and obvious that I've drawn them on. However, with the Chanel brow pencil, it looks 100% natural and I'm always being complimented and asked what product I use. It comes with a separate sharpener and a spoolie at the end to brush your brows with. It's pricy ($29 at Nordstrom), but after 4 months of daily use, I only lost about half an inch of the shaft, which I can infer that I could probably keep using this for more than a year before repurchasing. I absolutely love this and recommend it to everyone looking for a high quality brow pencil.

on 5/12/2015 8:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This eyebrow pencil has been my trusted friend for several years, and I always seem to come back to it no matter what I try. I have it in 30 natural brown, which is a medium neutral brown. It is not obviously greyish or cool toned, but enough so to look natural and blend into my brows nicely. For someone with very very cool tones, it might be slightly to warm.

The lasting power is great. It does not fade noticeable during long days, nor do I have any problems removing it in the evening. The formula is very smooth and does not clump when applied. It is not overly creamy, as some eye pencils can be, but do not require any tugging on my skin. Actually I think it makes it very easy to apply it right.

The price might be a little steep but given the quality and that I consider this the most important item in my make up bag, I think it is worth it. It comes with a pencil sharpener and has a brush to comb your eye brows on the end. It is hard to say how long one will last you, but I would say that I get through one in 1-2 years with almost daily use.

I expect perfection from Chanel, and they delivered.

on 2/28/2015 5:06:00 AM

I am currently using the colour "blond clair (10)" and it is definetely my favourite eyebrow pencil. As I have very light eyebrows I am reliant on light colours, however, other brands have always made my eyebrows look a little unnatural so I am really satisfied with this product, as it suits my natural eyebrow colour. I am also really happy that the crayon sourcils always comes with a sharper as I tend to lose them quite often.

on 2/4/2015 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got it in brun natruel and I really love the color, it is perfect for me. Last big part of the day but not ALL day. My only complaint it that it breaks easily when you sharpen it. It lasted me for almost a year with everyday use and now I using other thing I miss it. I am in the quest for the perfect brow pencil! I will be repurchasing eventually but will try other things first

on 8/21/2014 12:03:00 PM

I have this in Brun Naturel (number 30), which is a perfect match for my light brown hair and fair, cool-toned skin. I can't say this product is a HG because it's hard to find a really bad eyebrow pencil. While mascaras can smudge and clump and irritate, an eyebrow pencil disappears from your brow in the worst case during the day. Well, this one is really long-lasting. It comes with a sharpener, and has a brow sculptor brush at the end, which I haven't tried yet, but must be useful for those who wear make-up more than I do (once a week) and know more about applying it. This itself might not justify the price, but eyebrow pencils usually last very long (especially with infrequent use), and although the packaging states that it should be used within 18 months, I think it can be used much longer, as it's always sharpened, so you're using a new, fresh part that didn't contact any bacteria. So if you want a designer make-up product just for the feeling, but don't want to spend a lot regularly, this could be a good choice.

on 1/17/2014 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was my HG eyebrow pencil. I've had it for over a year now and there's still a good inch left of it, which actually makes this pencil quite inexpensive, considering how long it lasts. Slowly running out of this product, I read the ingredients since I went vegan and I found out it contains bees wax and it may contain carmine. I am now going to purchase the Christian Dior Powder Brow Pencil, which apparently lasts even longer. I read reviews from women owning it for 2-3 years, so I'm going to try this one out.

But back to the product. I loved that a sharpener came with it because I did not own one when I bought it, and when I first used it I was amazed and decided never to use anything cheap on my brows again. It never got out of place (unless my skin got like really oily, e.g. when I fell asleep etc.) and I did not even use anything else on my brows, not even a powder, a fixing gel or anything else, for over a year. This product is truly amazing, and it is absolutely buildable and blendable, I am a bleach blonde and I'm pretty sure I have this one in Nr. 40 (can't read it anymore). I can also tell that this one is quite waterproof, I didn't actually do a endurance test, but I can't remember this pencil smudging, ever.

on 1/2/2014 9:49:00 AM

Bought this product last week and definitely will buy it again. I have dark brown hair (almost black) so I decided to purchase 40 brun cendre (second darkest color). The color matches my hair and it looks very natural. Most importantly it is easily be blended into your eyebrow. Surprisingly it also comes with a sharper! You should buy this product to get a very sophisticated natural look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A fantastic eye pencil. I bought it in Brun Naturel for $45 (AUD) in Myer. I love the texture (satiny but not slippery) with a very natural and blendable colour. It comes with a brush at the end and a sharpener. Very useful.

on 4/14/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

My second time buying this! My hair is dark brown, almost black and so I bought this eyebrow pencil from Chanel in the second darkest colour (which is like a soft black, essentially) and it is amazing. It lasts forever. I keep my eyebrows full (like "model" eyebrows) and I brush them up when styling them. I have a few sparse areas though and that is where this pencil comes in! I use this along with Anastacia's tinted eyebrow gel in "Granite" and it's a killer combination. I get compliments on my eyebrows daily. I just may use this Chanel eyebrow pencil forever!

Popular Brows Products