Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil

3.7

Rosa Mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil (Organic, Virgin) (&) Citrus tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (&) Cymbopogon flexuosus (Lemongrass) Oil (&) Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E)

on 2/22/2015 6:06:00 PM

I love this oil. Pros: hydrates amazingly, cleared out all of my acne scars so much faster than it would fade usually, skin glowy and balanced. Cons: doesn't work well when I have large active breakouts (I find clarins lotus does a better job at clearing active breakouts), be very careful using during the day as it is a bit much under makeup. Scent: not a great fan but I got over it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was a but wary of the current oil trend in skincare since I have had extremely oily skin for the past year or so. However, once I tried Tartr Pure Maracuja Oil, I was impressed that somehow it didn't simply add to the oiliness/shine, but had many benefits including a more even skin tone, etc. Considering I prefer Ole Henriksen products over Tarte for skincare related products, I thought this would be a home run. Instead, it performed in the way I feared it would. It simply made me look like a shiny, greasy mess. I used it multiple ways, as suggested. I used it as a serum, mixed with my moisturizer, and as a moisturizer. None of these tweaks made a difference and had the same result. I definitely wouldn't recommend wearing this under makeup, unless perhaps you have very dry skin and want to mix some with your moisturizer. Even this I would be cautious with. The scent does not bother me; in fact I love the citrus-y/orange scent of most OH products. The price point isn't unreasonable, but I think there are other oils/similar products in this price range that would perform much better. The only people I could see benefitting from this product are those with extremely dry skin. Otherwise, skip!

on 1/27/2015 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This does not smell good to me. I do not smell juicy oranges but more of the bitter orange peel. Not great.
Didn't feel heavy on my oily skin but took a while too absorb. My neck stayed greasy.
There's no way I could use this under makeup.
At night it was just...whatever. Nothing special. Didn't make any change to my skin other than make me shinier then I am on my own. To me this was overpriced and little result.
Maybe it would be best for someone with dry skin and someone who likes using oils on their skin.
I'm not a fan

on 1/10/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this oil. I received it as a gift and didnīt expect to like it but I do. It really smooths down those lines. The first few times I tried it I was actually surprised every time I looked in a mirror. It really makes a difference for me. So far Iīve tried the Nuxe oil and the LīOccitane Immortelle oil but I like the Ole Hendriksen best.
I donīt know if it would work for younger skin but for my 50 year old dry skin it works wonders!

on 1/9/2015 7:47:00 PM

I love this oil. I really notice a difference when I don't use it--pores seem larger and I don't feel as glowy. It does smell fishy but you get used to it and it kinda feels more effective because you know they haven't put any thing weird in it to mask the odor.

on 12/4/2014 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I was never sure how best to use this until the seasons started to change. I now use this in place of Truth Serum. Because of the scent (never got a whiff of fish, btw) I don't use this around my eyes (my own weird paranoia about citrus near tender membranes and not at all a verified bad thing) and probably will go back to Truth Serum in the warmer months when this takes longer to absorb. For my eye area I continue to enjoy Fresh Seaberry or Boots Botanics oils.

on 9/18/2014 3:44:00 PM

I love this product. I use it daily over the truth serum. It feels great on my face and has made my skin supple and smooth. It is one of the few times a product over delivered on what it promises to do. I am baffled by the fish comments. Mine smells like oranges. If yours smells like fish return it for a fresh bottle, and keep it in the fridge. I think this stuff is amazing!!!! Holy grail all the way.

on 9/4/2014 8:39:00 PM

I bought this product because the sales rep was quite convincing and considering the fact that I could return it within 14 days... I broke out a lot more over my forehead and around my nose. I have dehydrated skin - combination. Maybe others had better luck but this was not for me.

on 7/24/2014 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been trying a lot of Ole Henriksen products lately, most good, and ended up with 3 sample packets of the Pure Truth Oil. With these packets, I extended use to 2 weeks' worth of daily use, and my review is based on that.

What I liked:
1.) This did give me an instant glow. The oil has an orange tint to it, and I'm light-olive skin tone, so it looked like a realistic glow for me. Paler skin types may not work with this, but I'm not sure.
2.) It absorbed into my skin well, and my skin stayed supple for the entire day. I didn't come out with afternoon flakes, like I usually do.

What I didn't like: As I said, I used this for two weeks straight, and quit using it two weeks ago. So, it's been about a month since I started. Everything was good until a few days before I quit using it, when I got teeny tiny whiteheads and bumps all over my forehead (I never break out there). I first ignored it, because they were so minimal. Then I broke out with 4 cysts on my chin, bumps on my temples, and the biggest pimple I've ever had (no exaggeration) next to my nostril. I haven't changed anything else in my diet/makeup/skincare routine, so I believe the Pure Oil caused this.

All told, I'm disappointed this didn't work out for me, and I'm struggling to clear up what's left of the breakout that I believe resulted from this. I do see that it has many positive reviews on here from people of all ages, so I think it could be a quality product for some. I just want to give my warning to those prone to cystic acne, don't go experimenting with this stuff. :)

on 5/30/2014 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I agree with all the other reviewers who wrote that this product stinks. It does smell like fish and oranges, but the smell dissipates within 10 seconds and you can no longer smell any fishiness, just orange. This oil makes my skin look fantastic. A little goes a long way. It made me break out in the crease of my nose because I put too much on. I use this after I cleanse my face and before moisturizing. I can see the difference. The fine lines around my eyes are less noticeable. I've lost 45lbs and was worried about my face looking old and haggard but this product is helping to keep my face from looking like a wrinkled mess. I bought a full size bottle after getting a 0.5 oz sample in a Sephora oil kit. It's one of my favorite beauty products.

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)