Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil

3.6

Rosa Mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil (Organic, Virgin) (&) Citrus tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (&) Cymbopogon flexuosus (Lemongrass) Oil (&) Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E)

on 4/6/2015 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

UGH. Just a huge NO.

This product is SO OILY it leaves my skin looking like an oil slick and that's strange because I have such dry skin. It is impossible to wear in the day, as applying makeup over this is a disaster...even with my Cover FX Mattifying Primer, my makeup was sliding off my face. And that is a problem as one benefits most from wearing vitamin C products in the daytime.

So...that leaves you with night usage. HOWEVER, that is if you can overcome the biggest stumbling block of all. This smells absolutely horrible! It has a fake perfumey orange smell that gives me migranes.

I do not recommend this product at all!

on 3/24/2015 8:25:00 PM

I don't smell anything fishy in this oil, its more of a strong orange peel which is clean and refreshing to me. I have combo skin so I wouldn't dare apply this before makeup everyday. I apply it 2x a week before bed and my skin looks bright and even. I am 24 yr old smoker with breakouts. No dark spots, a couple wrinkles under the eyes, some hardcore dark circles, discoloration on my lids, and red cheeks. It completely hydrates and brightens my skin and evens out my complexion a little after only one use. I find the results of this oil to better than the serum. I honestly didn't believe my skin could improve anymore since using my Clarisonic, but I was wrong. Now I feel a little more comfortable leaving the house without makeup on, I love it. My only complaint is the packaging on the bottle I received. The pump doesn't work so I have to unscrew it and dump it in my hand which is messy, wasteful, and annoying. overall, great product for brightening.

on 3/18/2015 11:35:00 AM

I like this because it seems like a concentrated version of the Truth Serum (which I love!) and it makes my skin smooth and bright and glowy. BUT because it's an oil, I can only use it at night. With my combo-oily skin there's no way I can use this in the daytime without looking like a greasy mess.
Even though im not a fan of facial oils, I have to say I would buy this again. Great results!

on 2/22/2015 6:06:00 PM

I love this oil. Pros: hydrates amazingly, cleared out all of my acne scars so much faster than it would fade usually, skin glowy and balanced. Cons: doesn't work well when I have large active breakouts (I find clarins lotus does a better job at clearing active breakouts), be very careful using during the day as it is a bit much under makeup. Scent: not a great fan but I got over it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was a but wary of the current oil trend in skincare since I have had extremely oily skin for the past year or so. However, once I tried Tartr Pure Maracuja Oil, I was impressed that somehow it didn't simply add to the oiliness/shine, but had many benefits including a more even skin tone, etc. Considering I prefer Ole Henriksen products over Tarte for skincare related products, I thought this would be a home run. Instead, it performed in the way I feared it would. It simply made me look like a shiny, greasy mess. I used it multiple ways, as suggested. I used it as a serum, mixed with my moisturizer, and as a moisturizer. None of these tweaks made a difference and had the same result. I definitely wouldn't recommend wearing this under makeup, unless perhaps you have very dry skin and want to mix some with your moisturizer. Even this I would be cautious with. The scent does not bother me; in fact I love the citrus-y/orange scent of most OH products. The price point isn't unreasonable, but I think there are other oils/similar products in this price range that would perform much better. The only people I could see benefitting from this product are those with extremely dry skin. Otherwise, skip!

on 1/27/2015 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This does not smell good to me. I do not smell juicy oranges but more of the bitter orange peel. Not great.
Didn't feel heavy on my oily skin but took a while too absorb. My neck stayed greasy.
There's no way I could use this under makeup.
At night it was just...whatever. Nothing special. Didn't make any change to my skin other than make me shinier then I am on my own. To me this was overpriced and little result.
Maybe it would be best for someone with dry skin and someone who likes using oils on their skin.
I'm not a fan

on 1/10/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this oil. I received it as a gift and didnīt expect to like it but I do. It really smooths down those lines. The first few times I tried it I was actually surprised every time I looked in a mirror. It really makes a difference for me. So far Iīve tried the Nuxe oil and the LīOccitane Immortelle oil but I like the Ole Hendriksen best.
I donīt know if it would work for younger skin but for my 50 year old dry skin it works wonders!

on 1/9/2015 7:47:00 PM

I love this oil. I really notice a difference when I don't use it--pores seem larger and I don't feel as glowy. It does smell fishy but you get used to it and it kinda feels more effective because you know they haven't put any thing weird in it to mask the odor.

on 12/4/2014 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I was never sure how best to use this until the seasons started to change. I now use this in place of Truth Serum. Because of the scent (never got a whiff of fish, btw) I don't use this around my eyes (my own weird paranoia about citrus near tender membranes and not at all a verified bad thing) and probably will go back to Truth Serum in the warmer months when this takes longer to absorb. For my eye area I continue to enjoy Fresh Seaberry or Boots Botanics oils.

on 9/18/2014 3:44:00 PM

I love this product. I use it daily over the truth serum. It feels great on my face and has made my skin supple and smooth. It is one of the few times a product over delivered on what it promises to do. I am baffled by the fish comments. Mine smells like oranges. If yours smells like fish return it for a fresh bottle, and keep it in the fridge. I think this stuff is amazing!!!! Holy grail all the way.

Popular Treatments (Face)