July 23, 2014 | 2191 users online

Treatments (Face) - Ole Henriksen - Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree with all the other reviewers who wrote that this product stinks. It does smell like fish and oranges, but the smell dissipates within 10 seconds and you can no longer smell any fishiness, just orange. This oil makes my skin look fantastic. A little goes a long way. It made me break out in the crease of my nose because I put too much on. I use this after I cleanse my face and before moisturizing. I can see the difference. The fine lines around my eyes are less noticeable. I've lost 45lbs and was worried about my face looking old and haggard but this product is helping to keep my face from looking like a wrinkled mess. I bought a full size bottle after getting a 0.5 oz sample in a Sephora oil kit. It's one of my favorite beauty products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a free sample of this from Sephora and I will not be purchasing a full bottle for several reasons:

1. Even though the ingredients are all great - I can crack open a rose hip oil capsule for a fraction of the cost.

2. Smells is very rancid - but they disguise that with Tangerine and Lemon grass essential oils. Likewise - I can add eo's to oil at home.

3. I don't need to be putting pure oil on my face unless it is the dead of winter.

Good but not great.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Isolar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It smells like fish. What else is there to say?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Catamia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh I wanted to be able to write a great review for this, I really did. But god, that smell. It's like a skunk got hold of a bottle of cod liver oil, and then slathered itself in the oil while sitting in a pile of fresh orange peel.

The product itself works great -- I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, and my normal-to-dry skin is moisturized, calmed, and has a glowyness to it. It's too soon to notice any anti-aging effects, but it feels great, and rosehip oil (one of the main ingredients) is said to be great for brightening skin.

But that stank! It's not the *worst* thing in the world when I apply it, and it fades a bit after a few minutes. But when my face gets warm from breath (like when you're sleeping and you breathe against your arm) or in the morning when I wash my face, that skunky rubbery smell comes back and... ugh. I can't even wear my normal moisturizers (Body Shop Vit. E) with this, b/c the 2 scents mixing is ultra-extra-awful-bad. Luckily it's moisturizing enough on its own for me.

If this were cheaper, I could see myself putting up with the smell because it really does feel great on my face. But for $56 CAD, I'd like to not smell like a feral pest when I go to bed. If they ever figure out a way to neutralize the scent, I'd be all over it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by MES

Having dry and sensitive skin I am a lover of skin oils. In addition to the great benefits of oil this has omega 3, 6, and 9, as well as vitamins C and A. This is like a super all in one for skin. I take an Omega 3-6-9 supplement as well, not for heart health, but because My skin is terribly dry and prone to eczema. I found this to be just a bit heavier than sweet almond oil, and almost as heavy as olive oil. Those who are fragrance sensitive may not like this as it does have a strong scent, although the scent is natural and not added/artificial. I really did not pick up on orangey scent, but maybe kaffir lime or lemongrass. Whatever it was it reminded me of thai food and made me hungry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by AudreyAndrea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried a sample at Sephora and went and bought the full bottle before it even dried, the result was so stunning. I never purchased a face oil before! I like this serum more than the 5 ml samples I've repeatedly tried of New Advanced Night Repair by Estee Lauder and Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil. Pure Truth smells of oranges and then the scent fades rapidly. The little pump dispenses the perfect amount if you press it halfway, and if you press it down all the way and hold you'll get more. I love that. I keep the bottle in it's box and I don't store it in the bathroom.

I have very pale olive skin, which can look a bit grey and pasty in wintertime, and Pure Truth has brightened me right up. I don't use it every day, just about every second day, just after showering or else just before going out. On days when I apply before going out, I'm already wearing my Avene Sensitive Skin Repair cream and it hasn't clogged my skin at all. It works well under makeup, because it absorbs perfectly (if I plan to wear it under makeup, I won't apply the Avene cream at all that day). Full disclosure: I don't wear makeup daily, only 3 times per week at the most. If you wear makeup daily, perhaps you won't see the same benefits this serum has offered me. My skin is sensitive and although it stung a little bit during first 3 weeks of using Pure Truth, my little psoriasis spot above my eyebrow has gone away and my skin is healthier. I will repurchase, even if only for use during winter!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

The BEST stuff ever!! Rose hip oil, that is. I'm a die hard Dr.Alkaitis fan (nothing has changed) but, was interested in this product since I'm always on the hunt for a good rose hip oil with all it's wonderful benefits. This has blown every other rose hip out of the water, that I have ever used. My skin is brightened and the texture is smooth and supple. It has worked its way wonderfully into my usual skin routine. I use it only at night after the Ole Invigorating Night Gel and before my Dr.Alkaitis Night Cream. This stuff is just awesome. It smells great (like oranges) and moisturizes.....and just overall improves the look and feel of the skin. I'd highly recommend.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by widdy

This is a great "moisture boost" product. It absorbs quickly and brightens my complexion. It is also very soothing on my sometimes sensitive skin. A little goes a long way. It has a light citrus scent that fades after application. I use it before makeup application and in the evening after removing my makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another winner from Ole! I received a deluxe sample of this and waited until the colder months to bust it out. I used the Truth Serum all last winter with wonderful results, but found it too oily as the weather warmed up. This oil is lighter and absorbs surprisingly fast. It provides enough moisture to satisfy my slightly peeling nose, but not overwhelm my incredibly t-zone and cheeks. I use it at night and layer the Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation cream over it. That cream alone wasn't moisturizing enough for fall/winter but when used with the oil it's just right. This isn't a prescription skin care product by any means, so it won't eliminate hyperpigmentation, cause any miracles, etc. It DOES brighten my overall complexion, especially if I'm drinking enough water. I like the light citrus smell and can't smell my face after moisturizer haha. Would definately buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got deluxe sample from sephora. It definitely does fade dark spots, diminishes fine lines and leaves your skin moisturized. I have tried Josie Maran Argan oil, Tarte Marajuca oil, and a squalene oil derived from olives that I bought from an organic shop in NYC and this one beats them all. I am pretty sure there is fish oil in the product however I do not smell it but that would be the smell some are complaining about. I only smell orange. I use at night right before I go to sleep so it wouldn't bother me if I could smell it. I do not even need to put moisturizer on in the morning before my foundation now and I have very dehydrated skin. Definitely go for the deluxe sample size if you can to see if it works with your skin before purchasing. Tip: put on the back of your hands if you have started seeing sun spots there. Mine have faded by 50%.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No