December 19, 2014 | 1045 users online

Treatments (Face) - Ole Henriksen - Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Gadgeteer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was never sure how best to use this until the seasons started to change. I now use this in place of Truth Serum. Because of the scent (never got a whiff of fish, btw) I don't use this around my eyes (my own weird paranoia about citrus near tender membranes and not at all a verified bad thing) and probably will go back to Truth Serum in the warmer months when this takes longer to absorb. For my eye area I continue to enjoy Fresh Seaberry or Boots Botanics oils.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by candypantz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product. I use it daily over the truth serum. It feels great on my face and has made my skin supple and smooth. It is one of the few times a product over delivered on what it promises to do. I am baffled by the fish comments. Mine smells like oranges. If yours smells like fish return it for a fresh bottle, and keep it in the fridge. I think this stuff is amazing!!!! Holy grail all the way.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by airolggnail

I bought this product because the sales rep was quite convincing and considering the fact that I could return it within 14 days... I broke out a lot more over my forehead and around my nose. I have dehydrated skin - combination. Maybe others had better luck but this was not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by abarton3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been trying a lot of Ole Henriksen products lately, most good, and ended up with 3 sample packets of the Pure Truth Oil. With these packets, I extended use to 2 weeks' worth of daily use, and my review is based on that.

What I liked:
1.) This did give me an instant glow. The oil has an orange tint to it, and I'm light-olive skin tone, so it looked like a realistic glow for me. Paler skin types may not work with this, but I'm not sure.
2.) It absorbed into my skin well, and my skin stayed supple for the entire day. I didn't come out with afternoon flakes, like I usually do.

What I didn't like: As I said, I used this for two weeks straight, and quit using it two weeks ago. So, it's been about a month since I started. Everything was good until a few days before I quit using it, when I got teeny tiny whiteheads and bumps all over my forehead (I never break out there). I first ignored it, because they were so minimal. Then I broke out with 4 cysts on my chin, bumps on my temples, and the biggest pimple I've ever had (no exaggeration) next to my nostril. I haven't changed anything else in my diet/makeup/skincare routine, so I believe the Pure Oil caused this.

All told, I'm disappointed this didn't work out for me, and I'm struggling to clear up what's left of the breakout that I believe resulted from this. I do see that it has many positive reviews on here from people of all ages, so I think it could be a quality product for some. I just want to give my warning to those prone to cystic acne, don't go experimenting with this stuff. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree with all the other reviewers who wrote that this product stinks. It does smell like fish and oranges, but the smell dissipates within 10 seconds and you can no longer smell any fishiness, just orange. This oil makes my skin look fantastic. A little goes a long way. It made me break out in the crease of my nose because I put too much on. I use this after I cleanse my face and before moisturizing. I can see the difference. The fine lines around my eyes are less noticeable. I've lost 45lbs and was worried about my face looking old and haggard but this product is helping to keep my face from looking like a wrinkled mess. I bought a full size bottle after getting a 0.5 oz sample in a Sephora oil kit. It's one of my favorite beauty products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a free sample of this from Sephora and I will not be purchasing a full bottle for several reasons:

1. Even though the ingredients are all great - I can crack open a rose hip oil capsule for a fraction of the cost.

2. Smells is very rancid - but they disguise that with Tangerine and Lemon grass essential oils. Likewise - I can add eo's to oil at home.

3. I don't need to be putting pure oil on my face unless it is the dead of winter.

Good but not great.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Isolar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It smells like fish. What else is there to say?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Catamia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh I wanted to be able to write a great review for this, I really did. But god, that smell. It's like a skunk got hold of a bottle of cod liver oil, and then slathered itself in the oil while sitting in a pile of fresh orange peel.

The product itself works great -- I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, and my normal-to-dry skin is moisturized, calmed, and has a glowyness to it. It's too soon to notice any anti-aging effects, but it feels great, and rosehip oil (one of the main ingredients) is said to be great for brightening skin.

But that stank! It's not the *worst* thing in the world when I apply it, and it fades a bit after a few minutes. But when my face gets warm from breath (like when you're sleeping and you breathe against your arm) or in the morning when I wash my face, that skunky rubbery smell comes back and... ugh. I can't even wear my normal moisturizers (Body Shop Vit. E) with this, b/c the 2 scents mixing is ultra-extra-awful-bad. Luckily it's moisturizing enough on its own for me.

If this were cheaper, I could see myself putting up with the smell because it really does feel great on my face. But for $56 CAD, I'd like to not smell like a feral pest when I go to bed. If they ever figure out a way to neutralize the scent, I'd be all over it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by MES

Having dry and sensitive skin I am a lover of skin oils. In addition to the great benefits of oil this has omega 3, 6, and 9, as well as vitamins C and A. This is like a super all in one for skin. I take an Omega 3-6-9 supplement as well, not for heart health, but because My skin is terribly dry and prone to eczema. I found this to be just a bit heavier than sweet almond oil, and almost as heavy as olive oil. Those who are fragrance sensitive may not like this as it does have a strong scent, although the scent is natural and not added/artificial. I really did not pick up on orangey scent, but maybe kaffir lime or lemongrass. Whatever it was it reminded me of thai food and made me hungry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by AudreyAndrea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried a sample at Sephora and went and bought the full bottle before it even dried, the result was so stunning. I never purchased a face oil before! I like this serum more than the 5 ml samples I've repeatedly tried of New Advanced Night Repair by Estee Lauder and Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil. Pure Truth smells of oranges and then the scent fades rapidly. The little pump dispenses the perfect amount if you press it halfway, and if you press it down all the way and hold you'll get more. I love that. I keep the bottle in it's box and I don't store it in the bathroom.

I have very pale olive skin, which can look a bit grey and pasty in wintertime, and Pure Truth has brightened me right up. I don't use it every day, just about every second day, just after showering or else just before going out. On days when I apply before going out, I'm already wearing my Avene Sensitive Skin Repair cream and it hasn't clogged my skin at all. It works well under makeup, because it absorbs perfectly (if I plan to wear it under makeup, I won't apply the Avene cream at all that day). Full disclosure: I don't wear makeup daily, only 3 times per week at the most. If you wear makeup daily, perhaps you won't see the same benefits this serum has offered me. My skin is sensitive and although it stung a little bit during first 3 weeks of using Pure Truth, my little psoriasis spot above my eyebrow has gone away and my skin is healthier. I will repurchase, even if only for use during winter!