April 16, 2014 | 1942 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Glitter Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by katedodgen

Now, I HATE Elf (their customer service is AWFUL), but I picked up the pink (or "plum" as they've named it) because I have a special occasion coming up and it was cheap. I'm actually pleasantly surprised. I decided to try it out... It isn't going to fully coat your lashes in solid glitter, but it does give a enough glitter to make an impact without going overboard. I do warn, after trying it out I took a nap, and the glitter stayed pretty well, but my eyelashes clumped together and were stuck at a weird angle.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by anabanj

My first surprise was when I opened the bottle - I was expecting to see a normal mascara wand with bristles, but instead it was just a stick with tiny ridges on it. I don't like it, I wish it was a normal mascara wand.
I applied two layers of the silver on top of my regular black mascara, and at first it looked gorgeous! I was really happy with it. However, after about 20 mins when it fully dried it looked DISGUSTING. The clear gel that the glitter is in dries to a whitish/greyish colour and it looks soo cakey and just really gross. I am so happy I was at home testing it, and not going out. I immediately took it off, I couldn't stand how bad it looked.
I think it would've looked better if the wand was a wand with bristles because you could spread it out better in between your eyelashes. I might try this and see if it still leaves a nasty white finish. I'll update this if I get better results.