July 28, 2014 | 1428 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Glitter Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by miamiamay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this wanting a bit off everyday sparkle to my lashes and I did get just that! However I did have to kind of play around before I got the knack of it.
Just a disclaimer- there are NO bristles on the wand- it's pretty much a stick with grooves in it for the glitter. Because of this, don't apply it like normal mascara, as I found out the hard way, because it will get clumpy :( Very very lightly and gently swipe the mascara over the middle-to-tips of your lashes for best results. Also, this stuff takes a bit to dry and is a little goopy fyi.
I bought the gold and silver.This is a fun product- and the glitter doesn't look costume-y but instead natural. At $2 each they add an adorable glimmer to eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by katedodgen

Now, I HATE Elf (their customer service is AWFUL), but I picked up the pink (or "plum" as they've named it) because I have a special occasion coming up and it was cheap. I'm actually pleasantly surprised. I decided to try it out... It isn't going to fully coat your lashes in solid glitter, but it does give a enough glitter to make an impact without going overboard. I do warn, after trying it out I took a nap, and the glitter stayed pretty well, but my eyelashes clumped together and were stuck at a weird angle.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by anabanj

My first surprise was when I opened the bottle - I was expecting to see a normal mascara wand with bristles, but instead it was just a stick with tiny ridges on it. I don't like it, I wish it was a normal mascara wand.
I applied two layers of the silver on top of my regular black mascara, and at first it looked gorgeous! I was really happy with it. However, after about 20 mins when it fully dried it looked DISGUSTING. The clear gel that the glitter is in dries to a whitish/greyish colour and it looks soo cakey and just really gross. I am so happy I was at home testing it, and not going out. I immediately took it off, I couldn't stand how bad it looked.
I think it would've looked better if the wand was a wand with bristles because you could spread it out better in between your eyelashes. I might try this and see if it still leaves a nasty white finish. I'll update this if I get better results.