E.L.F. Glitter Mascara

2.6

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 12/14/2014 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I did not like the wand at all- I used a regular mascara brush to apply this. It was okay- definitely was glittery, but the glitter bits themselves were too big in my opinion. Also the formula was really watery and made application a bit difficult, but I paid $1 so I'm not too bummed out.

on 12/8/2014 2:50:00 PM

Impulse bought this in teal to push my total on a E.L.F. order to be high enough for free shipping. Fun! Takes a little practice to work with the grooved stick wand. Good quantity of glitter. For dirt cheap, worth a try.

on 6/14/2014 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this wanting a bit off everyday sparkle to my lashes and I did get just that! However I did have to kind of play around before I got the knack of it.
Just a disclaimer- there are NO bristles on the wand- it's pretty much a stick with grooves in it for the glitter. Because of this, don't apply it like normal mascara, as I found out the hard way, because it will get clumpy :( Very very lightly and gently swipe the mascara over the middle-to-tips of your lashes for best results. Also, this stuff takes a bit to dry and is a little goopy fyi.
I bought the gold and silver.This is a fun product- and the glitter doesn't look costume-y but instead natural. At $2 each they add an adorable glimmer to eyes.

on 2/28/2014 2:26:00 AM

Now, I HATE Elf (their customer service is AWFUL), but I picked up the pink (or "plum" as they've named it) because I have a special occasion coming up and it was cheap. I'm actually pleasantly surprised. I decided to try it out... It isn't going to fully coat your lashes in solid glitter, but it does give a enough glitter to make an impact without going overboard. I do warn, after trying it out I took a nap, and the glitter stayed pretty well, but my eyelashes clumped together and were stuck at a weird angle.

on 3/5/2013 2:51:00 PM

My first surprise was when I opened the bottle - I was expecting to see a normal mascara wand with bristles, but instead it was just a stick with tiny ridges on it. I don't like it, I wish it was a normal mascara wand.
I applied two layers of the silver on top of my regular black mascara, and at first it looked gorgeous! I was really happy with it. However, after about 20 mins when it fully dried it looked DISGUSTING. The clear gel that the glitter is in dries to a whitish/greyish colour and it looks soo cakey and just really gross. I am so happy I was at home testing it, and not going out. I immediately took it off, I couldn't stand how bad it looked.
I think it would've looked better if the wand was a wand with bristles because you could spread it out better in between your eyelashes. I might try this and see if it still leaves a nasty white finish. I'll update this if I get better results.