April 19, 2014 | 1872 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - volume million lashes excess

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by alive8604

This is my first review and I couldn't wait to give me opinion about this product!!!

Don't waste your time and money on this product!!! I have long eyelashes but I always crave the volume/thickness as my everyday look.

I was super disappointed when I first tried it. It made my lashes look very thin and made them clump. Annnnddddd no volume...which was the whole point!!!! It also includes a weird smell.

Please take my advise and look elsewhere!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Decent mascara...Do NOT find it all that excessive. It lifts, separates well & def adds length, but my lashes are already long - it's THIN they are!...hoping 4some volume. I do get a nice rich BLACK color (certainly required 4my already black lashes), crazy length tho I need a black liner accross my lids 2make my puny lashes & lash line appear thicker. Not good for 3 coats b/c then I go into lashes sticking together "Spider Lash" territory. Expected something from the Voluminous line to feel less stiff & / or brittle. My lashes kinda look like spikes lol. In Toronto at Shoppers Drug Mart it cost me $12 on SALE whereas I get better results w/ "Rocket", "Colossal" or "Mega Plush" for a few $ less. Will not re-purchase this, but will continue to re-purchase the reg Million Lashes (in the all golden tube). UP DATE use the reg Million Lashes wand as it fits in tube & it's better & easier 4application.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Brunettechic

Love this. Best mascara I've ever tried! I have naturally long lashes,but this makes them darker and thicker. The want is a bit large, but I like it. Definitely will repurchase. 😊

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by c0nsequence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this before I went on holiday at duty free so I got it slightly cheaper, around 7 and it was when it first came out. I love this mascara and it really boosts and lengthens my lashes and I hardly ever get clumps, if there is, it's from me not putting it on right!! The only downside is I can't put it on my lower lashes and it's quite a wet formula so it does leave marks now and again which is annoying so I use a different mascara for my lower ones! The price to buy is a tad expensive but I don't think this product is bad at all!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not a good mascara for me. First of all, the wand is huge! It's about the length of my entire eye and makes me nervous to wiggle at the base of my lashes -- I fear that I will hit my nose! The formula clumps on me. I can't put more than one coat on or all my lashes start to stick together. My lashes are even difficult to comb thru once this mascara is on. Also, it flakes off onto my cheeks. So, pass on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by sharonk0723

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara because I had a $3 off coupon and I had loved the original Voluminous. I was not disappointed by this one at all. It's the perfect consistency and applies perfectly to my lashes without clumps. The brush is big but not so big that you can't get corners of your eyes. It really adds volume and length without getting cakey and I feel so much more complete when I wear it! I recommend it 100%!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by mderyaozel

To be honest my fellow MUA'ers, i think you're applying it wrong! Or maybe your bar was set too high, i don't know... This one is a pretty good mascara, it gives volume and lenght, not at all clumpy, and has a reasonable price. Believe me, i've tries a LOT of mascaras before -because my lashes are very thin-, and we all know that mascaras in all of make up products are the ones that have the highest percentage of disappointment. The best one i've ever used was loreal double extension carbon black, and this is without a doubt a close second.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by HKaren

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Do not like this mascara. It is very watery and takes, like, 20 coats to build any volume. Ain't nobody got time fa dat!! Into the trash it goes!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought id give this mascara a try. I had previously tried regular million lashes-which I found to be too dry of a mascara-and hoped this one was an improved formulation. Wrong! This one is quite the opposite experience to regular million lashes-it's just too wet. A lot of product comes out onto the brush, which is far too large. The brush makes it a little more difficult to get to the outer/inner eyelashes. The formula is a hard one to work with. I played with this mascara for about a week, finding the right angle and amount to avoid clumps. You basically have to be a mascara pro with mega-focus to nail it (clump-free) every time. All in all, Million Lashes Excess makes for a mediocre mascara. I wouldn't purchase it again, but will use it until it's done because I don't like to flush money down the toilet.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Gonelvik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It gives a lot of volume that looks good on my upper lashes. I do get some clumps under application but I just brush them out carefully. I didn't find the right way to use it on the lower lashes. It looks like clumpy mess with some colored areas and some empty ones. So I have to use another mascara. However, this mascara falls out terribly. I look like drug addict by the evening with the black flakes under my eyes. I had to throw it.