October 21, 2014 | 1814 users online

Hair Color - Ion - Hot Red Intensifier Permanent Color Additive

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by kaitlyn1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My goal at the time was to achieve a nice rich 6rc. I was using Ion's Demi Perm color in this shade with the goal of minimal pink tones and emphasis on orangey ones. I know that seems odd but I always pursue a "natural" approach to the hair color I choose and for red, my natural color, I knew with my fair skin anything too cray would look tacky and fugly.

so of course, I just couldn't leave the 6rc alone. Having dyed it 3 consecutive weeks in a row, i.e. once a week, I wanted to intensify it's lifespan, not necessarily the color. I have overly processed hair, shoulder length, that kept leaking the red. not to mention its summer in sunny South Florida and basically all odds were against me keeping this color and fade resistant at that. I chose demi strictly because my hair was beyond able to use perm hair color.

adding even just a couple drops of this, my hair turned 6rv. level six red burgundy. it was soooo dark and soooo not what i wanted. I even knew that this was possible which is why I used so little for my application.

I seriously suggest you be aware of the amount of pigment in this product and the type of red shades it will benefit. if natural is what you want, do not buy.

I give this 2 lips because it's only a pinkish based pigment but also because it DOES do what it says to some degree

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- affordable
- don't need a lot

CONS

- darkens hair too much

COMMENTS: So, I used 3/4 of this with my dye (garnier light intense auburn) and hated the results. It made my color waaaay too dark. This could be because I left (and always leave) my dye on for 40 min or I just put too much. Whatever the case, I'm not willing to experiment with this again.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Niknak129

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I added this product to a demi red hair color on my hair and it came out a beautiful color with an intense red shade. It's gorgeous in the sun.