NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

on 10/5/2015 2:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Most people will be pretty surprised by my review, but honestly this product was simply not for me. I wouldn't ever repurchase.

I find 35 dollars for a concealer that lasts 3 months to be pretty absurd. I didn't use it everyday, I used to maybe 4 times a week and it ran out that quickly. There is still quite a bit of product in the bottle but there's not way to get it unless I want to spend 5 minutes twisting the doe foot applicator around in there. This is why I prefer packaging such as Mac Pro Longwear concealer; which did pump out too much product but at least I can see it is finished due to the glass container. And MUFE/Kat Von D concealer, which have the squeeze tubes.

Onto other things, this is a very thick concealer. Unless you have some very, very dark circles I can't see how the average person would need a concealer that's this thick. Honestly guys, 95% of us don't. Blending it out with my fingers takes too long, my morphe mini buff brush is also a pain and it's so thick I feel like I'm creating wrinkles with how much I have to press, drag, smudge it around so it blends in. My undereye legitimately feels sore once I'm done working this in. The best way BY FAR to blend this in is with a beauty blender. However, when I'm in a super big rush I don't have time to run to my washroom, wet my beauty blender, squeeze it into a towel for excess water, clean it again after I'm done using it, you know? I do see that it is radiant however, but does that matter when I will obviously have to set this with a powder once I'm finished? The radiance doesn't show through whatsoever after that point.

Do not get me started on the creasing. This thing creases like mad, and not only does it crease, it will legitimately separate on my undereye and i'll have huge spots with no concealer, then spots with way too much, basically I'll look crazy within 3-4 hours. I've tried setting this with 4 different powders, I tried putting more, less, none, etc. Nothing helps. It really is so odd, but I think this is due to the thick texture of it the concealer again. Creasing I can handle, but this separating product collection under my eyes? Makes it unusable.

I used the Maybelline 'dupe' concealer and that one seems so much better than the Nars based on first impression. It's not too thick, blended out without a hassle, but a nice coverage. Loved it, I will buy it and I'll do a full review on that once I've tried it for a couple of months.

The one thing that the Nars creamy concealer does right, as well as Nars does for all their face products is they include very pale colours for girls like me (I'm lighter than nc15 Mac). It's such a shame both of the Nars foundations disappointed me, and now both of their concealers. Unlikely that I will be purchasing from Nars ever again because they have just let me down product after product. Really a shame.

on 10/5/2015 3:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

My favourite concealor ever... It covers under eye bags without settling into creases... It is high coverage, blends very well and lasts all day. Nothing compares and I've tried many and still buy the odd one as I'm a make up junkie... But always come back to this. I wear it in Custard... Unbeatable.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Settles into fine lines very quickly and makes even the tiniest lines under my eyes prominent and visible. The concealer is visible on my skin and therefore it's rather obvious I'm wearing make-up. I've tried using the tiniest amount and it still settles into lines. I'm disappointed as I was expecting better things. Coverage is no better than many other concealers I've used. On a positive note, a little product goes a long way. I was matched to the same shade (Custard) in two different stores, however, I feel this shade is a little too light for me, but perhaps there is no closer match to my skin tone.

on 10/3/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really like this concealer. I think it's the closest concealer I have ever found to my skin shade and I bought Vanilla. I also really like how this photographs. Looks like I have amazing skin :)
It is on the pricey side but for how much I like the product I am willing to pay.

on 9/29/2015 9:53:00 PM

i freakin love this stuff. it literally does radiate, i only use it under my eyes for that reason and never to cover blemishes bc that would obviously cause more attention to it. definitely worth the price in my opinion.
it gives the most illuminating finish.

I have gone through quite a few drugsture concealers before finally (!) deciding to get a high end one. Up to then I always felt like concealers could be something I could save money on, as my favourite foundations are quite expensive.
Turns out I was wrong.

Yes, the price tag makes me want to cry a little bit BUT I do really love this concealer! Why?
I love how creamy and blendable it is! With this concealer I love using my fingers to blend it under my eyes, it leaves a flawless finish with great coverage!
Also I am very happy about the shade I got. I wasn't sure at first but the woman at the counter recommended "Vanilla" as an under eye concealer shade for my NC20 skin. - Perfect match!
Does it crease? Well, let's be real - don't they all? It doesn't crease excessively, less than my drugsture products, just exactly where your lines are and nobody will notice that anyway. Nothing you can't solve with some good undereye setting powder! (any recommendations?)

Overall, I WILL repurchase this product. A little goes a long way (I don't ususally say this, I go mental with smearing product all over my face) so I believe I will get quite a lot of use out of it.

on 9/27/2015 9:44:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been thinking about buying this concealer in ages but never did it until now and I can honestly say that I wish that I didn't wait so long. It's simply amazing!

The texture isn't too heavy and the product is easy to blend out - you don't need much for a full coverage. I have pale and dry skin with a warm undertone and the shade chantilly suits me so well. I never had a concealer that close to my skin tone, and it doesn't leave a flakey result either.

The price is decent, you always wish it was cheaper but when the quality is so good that it doesn't matter if you pay 10-15 bucks more that what you are used to, and if you don't have that budget on makeup you could always save up because I warmly recommend this product!

I'm definitely going to buy this concealer when it runs out, it was love at first sight/application.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Radiant creamy concealer gives me life!
Never had a more perfect concealer in my life. High as hell coverage. Applies beautifully, matches my skin tone, lasts all day, and doesn't crease (so long as you powder immediately after applying)

on 9/20/2015 6:05:00 PM

This concealer has great reviews on MA and was highly rated on Paula's Choice, so I expected to love it. I have oily/combination acne-prone skin with hyper pigmentation. I am looking for something that covers pink marks from old acne and the occasional new zit with minimal repeat applications, looks natural, and stays put...without breaking me out.

The good: This concealer comes in a wide range of shades and dosen't break me out. It's very easy to blend.

The bad: despite the thickness, this concealer doesn't cover much and smudges easily. It's not terrible for dark circles, but trying to cover a zit leaves you with a ring of concealer around the area you're trying to cover. I tried fingers, a brush and the wand. Even light pink marks require multiple layers of this concealer and then it starts looking caked on.

I also personally hate the wand design, it seems unhygienic. I much prefer a tube.

Overall, this was a miss for me. Going back to my MUFE Full Cover Concealer.

on 9/20/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a product that I can't live without! Omg! It's a fantastic product and very creamy! It's pricy but worth it. Once you try it I guarantee you won't ever want to use another concealer. It's so lightweight but covers those dark circles perfectly! Nars says it has some type of light reflectors which help to make you look awake and radiant. If they ever stopped making this, I might cry. I've recommend to my girlfriends and they all love it too! Def in my top 3 beauty products, without a doubt!! I use the shade Amande for under my eyes. I don't have many blemishes to cover but some ppl may want to use a different concealer for spots as this may highlight a blemish. HG product 🙏🏾

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation & NARS Creamy Concealer - Review and Demonstration by BeautySavers

Top Rated NARS Products