October 23, 2014 | 1682 users online

Body Scrubs - Homemade Sugar Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by tinynim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is awesome! I now use it every day - thanks Judy :-)

Tips: get a big jar to keep it in, this makes loads (or I got the quantity wrong, I'm in the UK and we don't use cup measurements). I added the following to my scrub as well as the olive oil and caster sugar: some leftover face oil I wasn't going to use, oil from vitamin e capsules (supposed to be good for your skin?), some argan oil I got in Morocco, a bit of shower gel (I like my scrubs to clean too, this makes it less oily and slightly more foamy than the original recipe). I also used lime instead of lemon as I had that fresh, and I used more sugar than the recipe to make a thicker scrub. It's great to use up those bits of product just sitting around - in particular if a cleanser or oil doesn't suit my face I just put it in the scrub.

It's brilliant, best scrub I've used. Leaves skin soft and so cheap to make.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Thanks Judy46970 - just the recipe I was searching for to replace my beloved Soap and Glory scrub! I adjusted the recipe, using Demerara sugar, sweet almond oil and orange and lemon essential oils as well as lime juice. The scrub is very effective on my arms (esp. elbows) and anywhere with general winter scaliness x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Scrub:
-2 1/2 Cups of Sugar (Yes, just normal sugar)
-1 Cup of oil (I used Olive Oil ... You can also use Canola, Vegetable, Avocado, Coconut or any fragranced body oil you have).
-5 Tablespoons of a citrus juice. Preferably fresh squeezed.
I have used this scrub since last year and it works wonders! I have even used it on my face with excellent results. I add a bit more sugar for a thicker scrub and I use bottled lemon juice. Since I have very dry flaky skin, this scrub is a staple in my bathroom. It is cheap and so simpletomake and like I said, works wonders for me.
**Do not omit the citrus juice because that is what keeps the sugar from disolving in the oil!**

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No