November 22, 2014 | 2000 users online

Body Scrubs - Homemade Sugar Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by tinynim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is awesome! I now use it every day - thanks Judy :-)

Tips: get a big jar to keep it in, this makes loads (or I got the quantity wrong, I'm in the UK and we don't use cup measurements). I added the following to my scrub as well as the olive oil and caster sugar: some leftover face oil I wasn't going to use, oil from vitamin e capsules (supposed to be good for your skin?), some argan oil I got in Morocco, a bit of shower gel (I like my scrubs to clean too, this makes it less oily and slightly more foamy than the original recipe). I also used lime instead of lemon as I had that fresh, and I used more sugar than the recipe to make a thicker scrub. It's great to use up those bits of product just sitting around - in particular if a cleanser or oil doesn't suit my face I just put it in the scrub.

It's brilliant, best scrub I've used. Leaves skin soft and so cheap to make.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Thanks Judy46970 - just the recipe I was searching for to replace my beloved Soap and Glory scrub! I adjusted the recipe, using Demerara sugar, sweet almond oil and orange and lemon essential oils as well as lime juice. The scrub is very effective on my arms (esp. elbows) and anywhere with general winter scaliness x

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by MaryFay

So glad I discovered this online! I mixed half a cup of olive oil with two cups of sugar. I had a soak in the bath and then let the water out, but stayed in the tub (it can get quite messy so I would recommend doing it in the tub or shower). I then used the scrub all over my body, scrubbing quite hard until my hands started to feel a bit funny. Then I got in the shower to wash it all off. I could still feel the difference in my skin a week later! And my skin is usually quite soft anyway because I exfoliate and moisturise regularly. So cheap and easy and very very worth it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A sugar scrub is inexpensive and easily accessible. Most of use have it right in our kitchens! I'm a teen with a mother who doesn't like me using any facial products at all. The farthest she'll go is a cleanser. This scrub is a great alternative and dare I say better than most scrubs in the market. I like to pour the sugar in a small container and mix it with water until it has they consistency of a paste. Then I wet my face with water and apply the scrub. I scrub it in circular motions for about 3-4 minutes, and wash off with cool water. I'm left with a brightened complexion and smooth skin. I use it once a week or once every two weeks, and highly recommended it to all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Scrub:
-2 1/2 Cups of Sugar (Yes, just normal sugar)
-1 Cup of oil (I used Olive Oil ... You can also use Canola, Vegetable, Avocado, Coconut or any fragranced body oil you have).
-5 Tablespoons of a citrus juice. Preferably fresh squeezed.
I have used this scrub since last year and it works wonders! I have even used it on my face with excellent results. I add a bit more sugar for a thicker scrub and I use bottled lemon juice. Since I have very dry flaky skin, this scrub is a staple in my bathroom. It is cheap and so simpletomake and like I said, works wonders for me.
**Do not omit the citrus juice because that is what keeps the sugar from disolving in the oil!**

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I no longer buy scrubs. I was always trying new scrubs & granted that I did find one I loved, I gave it up for sugar. I mix some raw honey & sugar & use it about 3 times a week. My face has never felt better. Sugar is honestly the best exfoliator I have ever tried. It's cheap, always on hand in the house & doesn't cause acne or irritate. I will never buy a scrub again in my life.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Popojijo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Coconut oil and sugar. My favorite face and body scrub. I use it with a gentle touch and wash my face with cleanser after. The oil makes it smooth and keeps me from over exfoliating my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by ddddia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE!! Straight after scrubbing my face, back, and shoulders, they all felt a.m.a.z.i.n.g., but two days later, EVERYTHING itched and I had inflamed acne all over my shoudlers, back, and face!
I'm still trying to clear my skin up to this day!
NEVER trying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 4:00:00 AM More reviews by maritesRN

Being on Retin-A...my skin doesn't look so great unless it is exfoliated really well....My clarisonic was not working as well as in the past...I was really frustrated because my Nucelle mandelic acid 10% which I use during the day wasn't getting rid of the flakies caused by the Retin-A. One day I mixed Manuka honey (which was on sale for 3.99 at Superstore) and plain white sugar and gently scrubbed all areas of my face and neck....OMG! I wasn't expected much but literally the flakies were gone and my skin looked so fresh and smooth...Now I use this mix along with the Dr. Bronner's tea tree soap every morning followed by aspirin toner and I'm quite satisfied...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by amyj0654

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so glad I,ve learned this little trick,I epilate and this is perfect.