September 30, 2014 | 1270 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Youngblood - Mineral Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Lorax99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What are all you crazy mo-fos talking about?!?
I use this every single day and I love it.
In response to some of the complaints that people have posted about this, let me say this..
I am a licensed stylist/makeup artist and I have never found a product that you can use on every skin tone and every skin type.
If it feels caked on you face, then I'm willing to bet that you are not using ONE pump for your face. It's not foundation. It is not meant to be put on thick or layered.
If you feel like it's clogging your pores, try using a facial scrub. The YB primer is not heavy and WILL NOT clog your pores. HOWEVER, if you have buildup on your skin and do not deep clean or scrub extra makeup/dead skin away then anything that you use on your skin will feel heavy and cause breakouts.
YB primer is made to be used on and applied as so:
1. Clean dry skin
2. one pump for your whole face (unless you have 18 chins, then I guess you may require more. but if thats the case, then you have more to worry about then face primer)
3. applied in circular motion
4. wait one-two minuets before applying foundation on top of primer
5. Voila....your face wont suck anymore (and the world rejoices)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

First of all, I want you to understand how crazy I am when it comes to my makeup! Iím a total primer junkie because I really notice a difference when Iím wearing it. Well, I notice a difference when iím not wearing it actually. My makeup goes on smoother, lasts longer and just looks more even and natural when I use primers. Iíve been a huge fan of Bare Escentuals Prime Time for years now, but this Youngblood Mineral Primer (even though its $40) is totally growing on me!

This packaging is as chic as ever, like all of their products. I enjoy the pump-top dispenser (mess-free), the transparent bottle (I like seeing how much product I have left, and not getting surprised) and the overall feel of the tube- it doesnít feel Ďcheapí like some plastic tubes do. Quite frankly, I think it looks totally adorable on the blue background with bows too!

This formula is a dimethicone-based mineral primer that looks and feels very similar to other silicone primers like Bare Escentuals Prime Time and Smashbox PhotoFinish, except it is much more liquidy. I was quite surprised when I pumped it out the first time- usually I expect a gel-type textureÖ but this was more like a thick fluid. I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would- it spread so nicely over my entire face! I usually feel like I really have to be careful and distribute my primer evenly because it absorbs so quickly, but this one really allowed me to take my time and spread it all over. My only recommendation? Use a brush to apply it- it left my hands so slippery, I had to wash them right away because I couldnít open my foundation bottle! Many primers claim to hide pores, diffuse fine lines, provide a more smooth canvasÖ honestly I donít really notice that with any primer. I notice my skin feels smoother and silkier, and that my foundation goes on nicelyÖbut I donít have a lot of pores or fine lines to hide to begin with, so really itís the added longevity that means the most to me in terms of primers. I wore their Natural Mineral Foundation on top of this primer and it looked good from morning to night (I was even bad and took a nap in it mid afternoon too)! It works great with regular liquid foundation as well. The price point is quite high for a primer, but because it spreads so nicely and only a tiny bit is needed, I would imagine this bottle lasting several months. Not only does it do the job of a primer, but it is also fortified with nutrients and minerals to help nourish skin and protect from environmental damage- bonus! I read some reviews about the product causing break outs- I have never had this happen to me with this product! I have even slept in my makeup before, with this as my primer and i have never had an issue!

Overall: Youngloods silky mineral primer has skin boosting benefits! It's super thin and fluid-like, which actually helps it to spread out much better! Makes my makeup go on like silk and look beautiful throughout the day! A tad pricey for the amount you get, but the amount needed per application will allow you to use it for months. If your a primer junkie like me, give it a try! I ALWAYS recommend when trying a new product, to get a few samples, take ot home and try it out- especially when your shelling out lots of money! All products work differently for each person... so its impossible to know if this is a hit or a miss, until you try it! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by EmmyJeanGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product before I realized that I wanted to avoid silicone type ingredients. I now only use this for nights out when I want my skin to look 'perfect' for a few hours (well as perfect as my skin gets). This works well for when my skin is dry and flaky, and does control oil to a certain extent. It did not cause breakouts for me. I needed to let my moisturizer/sunscreen sink in thoroughly before applying this primer, otherwise it would pill up and just be a mess. Also, a little bit goes a long way and applying too much will leave your skin greasy looking. This also works well underneath eye concealer. The only reason I'm not repurchasing is because of the ingredients.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Kerri8d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The good thing about this primer is that your make up will set perfect on after.. But you feel that you have a fat layer on your skin, and even after one-two hours my skin was oily again. But on the other hand, the make up still set okay on your skin, even when you begin to shine. But I would not buy it, if you have oily skin

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will never buy this product again, it clogged my pores, and I have whiteheads all over my face from this! Also, it clumps everywhere around my face. After 10 days of using, will be using it no more.