Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

New as of 12/2012 Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)]
12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 8/1/2015 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this foundation. Got a sample at the counter, tried it and loved it so I bought the full size. It's pricey, yes but I like to save it for days where I know I'm going to be out all day long at something where I want my make up to look good all day. It lasts for so long and I often find it still looks perfect when I'm going to take off my make up at night time. The only downside to this is that there is SPF so you get a flashback in photos so it's not the best for events where you'll be taking a lot of photos. Love it other than that!

on 8/1/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So I recently tried this foundation during my mission to find a full coverage for my acne/rosacea skin. After reading the reviews this looked like a winner so I go a sample from my local Macy's to try out. I am so glad that I didn't buy a whole bottle because this foundation is NOT what I was looking for.
I usually wear Clinique Redness Solutions Foundation but wanted something with a tad more coverage so I don't have to use more than one coat. This Estee Lauder has less coverage than my regular Clinique and costs more!
The texture is nice but if you need more coverage then this isn't for you. Also, the open top of the bottle is a bit gross in that if you're a person with acne issues, contamination of your makeup needs to be avoided and this doesn't do the job.

on 7/31/2015 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best product out there for oily skin and high humidity.
For best results use a damp sponge or fingers, and work quickly.
The coverage is great. I don't need to use any additional concealer products.

on 7/31/2015 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Pros: Lasts a whole work day (8hrs+) without needing to reapply. And because it's got good coverage, I don't need to use concealer. Cons: Wish it came without SPF so I could wear it at night and not look pale faced in photos.

on 7/29/2015 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

There's only 2 foundations that has excellent staying power on my very oily skin: Mac Prolongwear Foundation and Estee Lauder Double Stay Foundation. Normal non-oily foundations would last at an average 5-6 hours on me but these 2 could go on till 10-12 hours and are the only foundations I wear to work as I work long hours and hate touch-ups.

But out of these 2, I would defnitely go for Estee Lauder Double Wear. Unlike Mac Prolongwear, EL doesn't notoriously sink into my pores (wearing a good primer underneath suffices) or oxidise as the day went by. It's a semi-matte finish and my favourite application is with a damp beauty blender which gives a slightly dewy look coz otherwise EL will look thick and cakey on me. For reference, Tawny is the right shade for my MAC NC30 skin.

on 7/29/2015 8:50:00 PM

to expensive and you look like you are wearing a lot of make up .

on 7/28/2015 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation isnt that great for us dry skin girls tbh. It looked really really flaky on my skin and it was easy to tell i was wearing foundation and it wasnt a 'natural' finish at all. it is matte though and if you have oily skin its gonna look great on you. I was matched to the color sand which was a bit light for me but bronzer makes it ok. The undertone is really yellow but when i apply it it looks a bit grey on me and i look sick so i decided not to wear it eventually. So sad it didnt have a pump! Sometimes too much of it spills out): It lasts for a really long time but its hard to take off just by a makeup wipe. It made me break out a bit on my T zone but nothing too big. A little does go a long way with this foundation and if you use a sponge to apply it it looks pretty great. The shades are a huge problem!! I got matched 4 times before finally giving up and getting the color the sales lady told me. I was matched to cool tones 2 times even though im a warm undertone. Dont buy this foundation unless you see the tester color in natural lighting cause store lightings are tricky!! I do wish they gave more product since the price a bit high. At the end of the day i decided it was too fake and cakey for me and ended up sticking to my bb creams

on 7/27/2015 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is basically like MAC Studio Fix except the staying power is 200% better. By that I mean the formula, feel and finish of the foundation is very similar. I find with this foundation that it does not cover dryer areas well and clings to pores, however a good skin care routine / use of primer will get past that. The staying power is AMAZING. If you need something that will stay on your face all day, stop looking right now. Even taking this foundation off is a struggle.
Apart from the formulation that causes it to be difficult with pores, this is a pretty great foundation.
I wouldn't re-purchase because I'd prefer to try other high end foundations once this is gone, but if you want something that will last all day & night and will give you a flawless finish, go for it!

on 7/26/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Shade range: really great

Because Im pale and at the same time I have a yellow undertone, I often struggle to find products that match my skin tone well. Warm bone is a perfect match for me in the winter, sand is perfect for the summer. A warning: The colour swatches shown on the EL website are all backwards: cool are displayed as warm and vice versa.
Oxidization: On my oily-combo skin it oxidizes by approximately one shade.

Packaging: 1 out of 5

Thats where EL did not deliver. The glass bottle is heavy and inconvenient. It does not have a pump or any applicator and you end up wasting a lot of product. As the contents of the bottle are exposed every time you apply your foundation, its also unhygienic. For this kind of price I would expect EL to make a more effort and package their product in a more convenient way.

Consistency: True liquid that spreads and blends easily on oily skin. Sets quickly so its better to work on small portions of the face at one time.

Coverage: 5 out of 5

Definitely good medium which can be built up to full. A little goes a long way so be careful not to overdo it! The more you buff it in or sheer it out, the better it looks. You can always use concealer to spot-conceal. If the foundation cakes up it means you have used too much of the product.

Finish: 4 out of 5 (very subjective, depends what you like)

Make sure you moisturise well before the application. Its not a product for dry or dehydrated skin as it will accentuate any dryness, look chalky and flaky. Thats the reason why I sadly had to switch to another product as my skin started leaning more towards the combo rather than pure oily type. If you have oily skin with no dry patches it is a product for you and will look like pure perfection. On me it looks natural, demi-matte when powdered. It will hide any medium pores, but can accentuate any really large ones. Nothing that a good buffing technique wouldnt fix.

Oil control: 3 out of 5
So-so. Blotting throughout the day will be required for those of us with truly oily skins.

Longevity: 4 out of 5

Really really good, even for the oiliest skins. In the summer it tends to last on me good 8 hours, before the natural oils in my skin start breaking it down around the nostrils. In the winter it lasts all day.

Would I buy it again: Im not sure.

This foundation can look amazing. Having said that Ive noticed that it tends to break me out not in a major way, just a few zits. In the end of the day it also makes my skin feel and look pretty tired. Hence I have switched to using BB Creams or just a concealer and powder and my skin looks and feels much better.

on 7/26/2015 8:16:00 AM

I am quite fair so first off the lightest colour only barely matched me when I bought it which is fine but after an hour it had oxidised into an unpleasant orange colour that made the foundation look cheap.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review + Demo | Chloe Luckin by Chloe Luckin

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Foundation Review/ Holy Grail Foundation by BeautynLifewSue

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation First impression/Demo by Lextaylor7

Este Lauder Double Wear Foundation (NEW FORMULA) Review | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective