April 19, 2014 | 1803 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (new formula 2012)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

Wanted a foundation with good coverage that would last. This does do that. It can be a bit dry but it not a bad foundation. It covers redness better then dark circle so a concealer is needed. I just wish there was a pump with this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by nafifi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to return this after trying on three different shades. Each of the three oxidized on my skin and looked too cakey although I used moisturizer underneath. Moreover, after finally getting rid of horrible cystic acne last year, this product created two huge cysts on my face.

I would not recommend this product at all to anyone who's acne prone - I found out that one of its key ingredients - Polyglyceryl-3-Diisostearate - causes acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Marebear2013

I must be one of the far & few between for this product because I do not like it at all. It claims to stay all day for oily skin. Let me tell ya, I have oily skin & it never feels "set". Usually after foundation I do other things & let the product set. This never does! It's a 100% dewy finish. It has beautiful packaging but unfortunately no pump. I hate foundations with no pumps. We've come a lot way in cosmetics, this should just be a standard thing by now. Anyway, for how much I paid & being an oily girl looking for my HG I am very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by debpeters

This stufff is like liquid angel skin in a beautiful bottle. I suffer from hyperpigmentation that makes me super self conscious and has affected my life for awhile now. Before using this foundation I had always just stuck to concealers to do the heavy duty coverage on top of a light layer of foundation. mac studio finish concealer, mac pro longwear concealer, loreal true match concealer, MUFE hd concealer, etc. I've tried A LOT, the list goes on. But as much as they did a great job covering, I still felt like I had a huge amount of makeup on that just looked too heavy. so I decided to splurge and purchased this foundation after hearin so much about it. Boy was I ecstatic. It covered amazingly, the shade was perfect (they have a HUGE variety of shades from warm to cool to neutral), it felt like I had nothing on my face, it lasted SO well and its completely transfer proof. I dont even need to powder anymore. it's incredible. totally worth my money. to anyone with scarring or pigmentation problems, pick thiis up, all you need is a good stippling brush and u can build it up to your satisfaction. HG FOUNDATION!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by delicatewhimsy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I used this for many years in the color Shell which was sadly discontinued. I discovered that this color was re-launched in 2013 but in the UK only. I am fortunate in that I have a few lovely ladies from over yonder that I do swaps with, and one was kind enough to send me a bottle. I love this stuff. I work 10-12 hour days for a hospital and I don't have a lot of time to mess around with touchups. This stays put all day without a lot of fuss and doesn't dissolve into a greasy mess in my very oily t-zone. I am not a fan of foundations without a pump, and have purchased a MAC foundation pump which fits perfectly with the Double Wear after an inch or so has been trimmed from the bottom. The color 1C0 Shell is a PERFECT match for my very fair and very cool toned complexion. I am NW10 in MAC, and did try out Studio Fix in that shade. Studio Fix is often touted as a dupe for Double Wear. I would have to disagree and say that Double Wear is the grown up version of Studio Fix which is very thick and gloopy and smells like paint. For those like me that had to move on from Double Wear when Shell was discontinued, it's coming back! On the Estee Lauder website, it states that 1C0 Shell is coming soon. Pale ladies rejoice!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Becky9288

I'm new to Estée Lauder products and decided to purchase the double wear foundation as I'd seen and heard so many good reviews about it. It's AMAZING and I would strongly recommended to anyone looking for a perfect finish, long lasting foundation. After a days work my make up looks just as good as it does when I left the house in the morning. This is quite remarkable for someone who suffers with oily skin and breakouts!! The foundation doesn't irritate my skin either which is nice. This is 100% my new beauty secret and I can't wait to see what else Estée Lauder has to offer!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Short intro. I have many foundations but I have used this many times over the years. Mostly when I had VERY oily skin with acne. Worked wonders. Now I have clear normal/dry skin. I decided to try, buy and see how it stands up today.
Cons:
-If you have normal-dry skin, you may not like this. I have normal/dry skin myself, and its a problem around my dry nose area, chin, and cheeks. I must use lots of moisturizer and a primer. Even then, its still a bit of a problem.
- It annoys me that this does not come with a pump. I feel like im wasting product and being messy with no pump.VERY inconvenient.
-The Price. I paid CHF55.00 for this.

Pros:
-ALL DAY/NIGHT. This is absolutely budge proof, its not going anywhere. I even rubbed my hand on my face and its still there. A little scary, but amazing. I must work long hours and dont have time to touch up.
-No oxidation. My foundation and its color looks always the same throughout the day.
-Full coverage. Covers everything and You do not need a lot to cover.
-Finish/Texture. Not cakey, smooth, lightweight, matte.
-Shade. I am NC40-NC42 but 3W2Cashew is an even better,closer match. I was scared of how dark and orange it looked as mention before by some others, but I applied it and it blends matching exactly. There are so many shades to choose from as well.
-Combination-Oily skin dream foundation. I Used this a long time ago when I had super oily skin. The best. Its still amazing for me still despite my dry skin issue, but its more suited for oilier skin.
-Never broken out/had bad reactions
-Pretty bottle.

I also have MAC studio Fix Fluid. These two foundations are very similar and often in comparison. I was trying to decide which one. I actually have BOTH of them and can now decide: Estee Lauder. Both foundations are drying, but EL's is not AS drying. I can wear EL a week straight, absolutely cannot with MAC, My skin would look so dry and damaged in a way. EL is a bit smoother and easier to blend. I love the shade 3W2 Cashew. Two advantages MACSFF has:Lower price and a pump. Well, technically it doesn't come with a pump but you usually buy it along with the foundation. I would pay more money for the better foundation. This is a wonderful foundation even after all these years. HG stamp.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by A66x

This foundation does as it says it will - stays on for hours! I will say however, experiment with it if it doesn't make you love it first time. I went to my nearest EL counter and got colour matched. The SA put the foundation over my full face and I HATED it! It found my dry patches and clumped around them making them look so flaky and due to the primer the SA used, it sat on my pores drawing even more attention to them, yuk. However, I took a tester home and tried it myself a few times. I sorted out my dry areas with a good moisturiser which I use as a base under this foundation. I don't use a primer with it as it sits and stays well with only my moisturiser as a base. To get the most out of this product I would suggest investing in a good brush - I personally love the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply it. This leaves it looking flawless! It's not a full coverage, more a medium but buildable coverage. Overall it is a very good foundation and I will definitely be purchasing the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by rachael122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. I have fairly normal skin--I don't get oily but I do get the occasional dry spot and I do get breakouts sometimes. This foundation works great for me. It gives me full coverage without looking cakey or overdone. When I don't want full coverage, I mix it with a little bit of moisturizer and get a lighter, more natural looking finish. I have sensitive skin and have not had a breakout from this. It's also really long lasting...I often put this on in the morning and get home at night after work 14-15 hours later and it still looks pretty good without any touchups.
There are a few negatives to it, of course. I'm not a fan of the packaging because it doesn't have a pump and I don't like that it's in a glass bottle. It's also obviously pretty expensive, but it lasts a long time, so it's worth it to me. Also, they discontinued some of the lighter shades (Shell) so it can be hard to get a good match for fair-skinned people like myself. I just bought some white foundation from ebay and mix it or mix it with a little bit of lighter foundation to get a color that matches my skin better.
Overall, definitely give it a shot if you're thinking about buying it. It's pricey but totally worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by amandagavin1994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I have ever used. The shade selection is very good although it wasn't quite pale enough for me; 1c0 Shell. Despite this it didn't look ridiculous on me and actually made me look healthy. It is a semi-matte finish and it dries very quickly so you need to work fast with it. Its staying power is incredible it lasts through a long sweaty shift at a restaurant but this has a downside its super hard to remove.

It covers my acne scars easily and really does give that airbrushed look. It is perhaps a bit heavy for day time for me. Unfortunately I had to stop using it daily because it was breaking my skin out (its acne prone anyway) but I actually think this was due to the trouble I had removing it rather than the formula itself.

The packaging is nice looking; glass bottle/metal lid but it is very irritating when you get near the end of the bottle as there is no pump. It is also on the high end of the scale price wise its 28.50 a bottle but you really do get what you pay for. I'm at the end of my bottle and as soon as I can afford it I will absolutely be repurchasing.