August 1, 2014 | 1271 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (new formula 2012)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by tanny1

This foundation has gives you an amazing medium to full coverage. However the shade match for me was shockingly bad also it gives you a cake face so i personally would only wear this in the evening. And also because of the SPF content it does not look good on camera, it gives off a ghostly cast its so embarrasing. Its too heavy even for me and i like a full coverage foundation but I would give this one a miss girls (and boys).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by nsjet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was recommended this product by a makeup artist friend. She works for Chanel but asked EL for a sample. Great colour match for me. Holy moly! This is the best foundation I have used so far. I'm sorry MAC Pro Longwear. I'm sorry Ellis Faas. I'm sorry -well you get the idea! As a makeup artist, I've tried them all but I am kicking myself for not trying this earlier. Blends beautifully, covers seamlessly. But the biggest plus for me - does not oxidise and go darker on my skin. Hallelujah! If you have very dry skin, I'm sorry but keep moving ladies (and men). But if you are prone to a little oiliness or your foundation ends up in your bosoms by the end of the day, then this little beauty is for you. EL - please be a little bit more practical and provide a pump for your bottle. I will then buy shares in your company. Promise!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Definately a keeper and a repurchase for me as DW provides a flawless looking and lasting coverage that truly does go the distance, I easily get a full day/night wear with this foundation. Smooths pores and looks great in photos.

As fabulous as this the foundation is I find on my normal/combo skin I can't wear it for days on end as it can be a little drying in places even with a decent moisturiser underneath - so I tend to alternate this with the many others in my stash - but its a favourite.

It can be a little tricky to apply, too much and its cakeville, I find taking a little (from the messy bottle with no pump) warming it up on my hand, dotting on and blending with either a damp BB or a flat top kabuki that's been spritzed with water or fix plus etc to dampen works nicely and helps with the blending. Then this can just be built up bit by bit to the coverage you want. I usually go for medium coverage and find this lasts really well and is great in winter as it does not need any powder to set at all. My nose still tends to get a little shiny later in the day but nothing a little blotting cant fix. This foundation wears really well in the summer too - and only needs a light powder, I have found the Nars Light Reflecting ones work nicely with this. Sometimes if this foundation is looking a little flat after application a make-up spray helps.

On my NC15 skin I found a good match with 1W1 Bone (swatch above).

I also have the DW Light in the tube and love that too - its great for travelling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by missmelodya

i wore this today for a daytime photo shoot. it blends easily, covers well, and evens skin tone. i found it needed to be applied in stages so i used pixiwoo's stippling brush to apply. it photographs very well and did not transfer on to clothing or hair. it also helps keep eyeshadow true to color and in place for many hours. i don't think my sensitive, reactive skin could use this every day but for special occasions it certainly does the job. the color range is to be commended - if you're not familiar with this foundation ask for several samples in differeing shades closest to yours to find your best match. i find the women at the EL counter cannot get an accurate assesment of your understones with artificial shop lighting so imo samples are a must before a full purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by geb910

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Perfect color match -- I'm a 2N1 Desert Beige. I told the counter person I specifically needed help with shiny T-zone and foundation melting off my nose by the end of the day. I've tried a week or multiple things like no primer (cracks on my face by the end of the day), different primer (melty yuck!), and no powder (OMG!). This foundation may work in the winter, but it is not for me in the summer. Also the bottle has no pump - seriously??? At least a squeeze tube would be better than this. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by amandaisart

I'm in love with this foundation. It completely fulfills its claims of being long-lasting, and its coveragr is wonderful without becoming cakey. I have combination skin that tends to lean more towards the oily side, and I usually have a problem with foundations accentuating my oiliness; but this one doesn't at all, which I love! But there are a few cons that might turn people off: this foundation might be a little frightening for drier-skinned people, as I have a slight dry patch on my forehead that it clings to a little bit, but it personally doesn't bother me too much. Another slight issue is that, while the packaging is beautiful, there is no pump included, which can lead to a bit of wasted product. And finally, the price... it's $37 in most places, a considerably high price, and probably out of a majority of people's budgets. However, I really can't say you can find a lot of products with this quality for a lower price, so I can't complain too much. Overall, I would definitely repurchase this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by vymichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS STUFF. I was worried that I wouldn't like it because of the hype/price. But this foundation TRULY stays all day. It doesn't budge. I had to blot my oil once (it wasn't necessary - I just like matte) but that's nothing out of the ordinary since I was super oily/combination skin.

I wish it had a pump though - I can see this becoming incredibly messy. It's expensive... come on...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by seeka2000

This is heaven in a bottle. I have combination skin, some redness around the nose, big ole' pores, and some slight acne scars. Until I put this stuff on! It doesn't budge in the high heat and humidity of the summer, doesn't wear off, stays put until you take it off. I had no issues with break outs or sensitivity. I had a bit of a learning curve, first time I applied it I used way to much. It was unflattering to say the least. I use the flat top ELF brush, and buff in a teeny tiny amount, and I am ready to conquer the world.

I wouldn't recommend this stuff to everyone, not everyone needs the heavy duty industrial strength foundation that is Double Wear. But if you're looking to cover up without feeling or looking like you have on heavy duty makeup, this is one for you to try.

Although it could use a pump, for crying out loud. Covergirl has a pump, L'oreal has a pump. For $40 a bottle, can we please get a pump for this stuff?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This medium to full coverage foundation is awesome. I have really dark spots that shines through every foundation I have used except fashion fair but the transfer of fashion fair is horrible. I am hard to match for foundation as I am warm with some olive for my undertone. I got rich caramel or 5w1 I could have gotten the 4 but I was afraid it wouldn't cover. It's the best foundation ever. Easy to apply and last all day on my dry but oily on my nose skin. It oxidized to my skin color and blends like a dream. It photographs great and I always get compliments when I wear this. Dermablend is great as well but dw blows it out the water. I am nc45 mixed with some nc50 from mac. Tan in fashion fair. Chroma 4.5 in Dermablend and 450w in lancome teint idol and lancome visionnaire.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by SianAbercrombie

Finding a perfect match for my skin is very difficult as I have very fair skin and more often than not I'm the palest shade in all foundation ranges. The palest shade of Clinique is still too dark for me and the only time I've come across a foundation that truly looks like my skin is Bobbi Brown's foundations in the shade 'Porcelain'. I purchased this foundation in the shade 'shell' after using a sample for a week. I do find it slightly too dark for me, however this is the best foundation I have ever used in terms of coverage. It covers everything I want it too without the necessity of a concealer and a little bit goes a long way. However I do find my skin feels very tight when I wear this foundation and it sometimes feels like I'm wearing a mask. I don't find it looks natural at all either. It also doesn't come with a pump which can get messy and often means I end up wasting a lot of product.
Overall, this is great for coverage but otherwise not something I would repurchase.