December 21, 2014 | 1823 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I said that I wouldn't repurchase this but that really depends. I would use this for special occasions but not as my daily foundation.
I purchased this to use on my wedding day and it didn't let me down. The coverage is perfectly flawless and is truly long lasting. It photographed beautifully and I am not sorry I purchased this.
The coverage is so full that I imagine this bottle will last me a long time.
If I am to wear this in the daytime, I will mix the tiniest amount with a squirt of moisturizer and still feel that I look "made up". It also has a tendency to be a bit on the dry side and I find it can accentuate facial hair.
I am an NW25 and I purchased this online from Sephora, the color is 'Fresco', which was described as a cool, light medium and it was spot on.
It is very pricey but if you're looking for a foundation to wear for your wedding, photography shoot or special occasion, this is a great one to have on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Vivalaesther

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I a have been in the Beauty industry for ten years and if you haven't tried DOUBLE WEAR foundation please do!

Now there are a few tricks and tips for this foundation, Primer is a MUST as it is with any foundation your will get a much better finish and a more flawless result!

When you are buying a new brand foundation you should always stick to the same brand in he primer and in the powder, they are made for each other tested and tried and they look better overall and we all want that beautiful flawless look!

Clean Skin apply primer matte or Illuminating both are available via Lauder around a pea size amount, work form your nose outwards like a flower with petals.
once your primer is on use either your fingers or foundation brush to apply DOUBLE WEAR
from nose out once you are happy with coverage, you can stipple with your fingers over the areas you may need more coverage. As this is a buildable foundation this tip is the best way to add more without that cake face look.

Apply concealer if needed, stipple as well you will get a much better finish!

Once done apply Double wear power with brush, a brush will always airrate the power and leave a beautiful flawless finish!

This is my everyday foundation, i have use so many different products over the years looking for staying power and a good build able coverage this is my FAV by far!

only thing i would flaw on this foundation is that they need to sell a pump that can be used as would make it just a little easier to work with =]

Oil-free
Dermatologist-tested
Non-acnegenic
Fragrance-free

VIVALAESTHER

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Allybeee

Ive tried every foundation from drugstore to mac, tarte, makeup forever, graftobian, bare minerals. And i hated them all. They were all either to dark or to lightvor way 2 orange. But this foundation is amazing. I saw it on tutorials by casey holmes and had to try it. It is my exact color. It looks perfect on me. I use a brush to apply then a setting spray . Ill never go back!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by lenxiacovou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this foundation as I was interested in buying but just wanted to try it out first, getting the sample was the best thing because I'm not too keen on this foundation, the colour match is good however it leaves me looking really cakey & very matt. For me I like a bit of a glow and I find it doesn't give me that at all. Won't be buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Rubia1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Been using this foundation for about 3 years now religiously. Great formula - makes you look flawless ! :))

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Mathildish

This is my aboslute favorite foundation ever! It's amazing, it covers beautifully, it stays all day, I don't break out at all, easy to wash off, and best of all it blends so perfect on the skin and I don't have to use any powder, primer or anything, just this! And it has SPF :-) it would be lovely if it was a bit cheaper and came with a pump!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by adara260

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I ran out of my Bareminerals foundation. I live in a small town now that isn't exactly fashion forward with a lot of choices for beauty. That coupled with being a woman of color--my choices were limited. Here is my take on this popular foundation:

Pros:

-price is reasonable compared to other high end brands, also I got it on sale so that's a plus
-color range is pretty good, although I don't think I was matched to the best color
-excellent for oily skin, it does leave a matt finish as long as you don't put too much
-long-wearing, I got about 5 hours before ANY oil broke through, but then the rest of the time I had a dewy look not oily at all even if I didn't set it with a spray

Cons:

-have to blend quickly or it is super cakey
-no pump
-no SPF
-not transfer resistent or waterproof
-it is harder to get off than other foundations
-will break you out if you sleep in it

I don't know if I'd buy it again, I might go with Bobbi Brown if I decide to stay with liquid

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I don't know how to feel about this foundation. While I love the coverage and how my skin glows, it's still cakey. No matter how much/little I use, primers, sponge vs hands vs brushes...etc. You name it and I've probably tried it. The EL Illuminating primer does help with the cakiness but I can still see this foundation sitting on top of my skin. I'm not sure I'll ever find a liquid foundation that doesn't do this. So far EL Double Wear is the best I've found though. Everything else makes me look like I'm wearing 5+ layers of foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ugh..I absolutely hate the packaging, like most people say anyway, and thus I won't go into details.

I am using the new formula (I tried the old one years ago and it was literally like paint on my face).

This one is really good. Really full coverage, it looks like there is foundation on the face, but far from being mask-y. I use a good moisturizer, and an illuminating primer (Laura Mercier) under it and it goes on smoothly, for a non-fully-matte finish.

The color match is amazing, and it doesn't oxidize on me like most others do. Need to be careful at the forehead (for the lines).

Overall, I love it, it is worth the hype and it is truly the only full coverage I've tried. A bit hard to take off, I use ponds, face wash, and lotion to get it completely off.

But my skin looks really good when I wear it and covers up sun spots completely.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by jaclyn22

I had been wanting to get this foundation for so long that I finally went ahead and got it. Tha Estee Lauder makeup lady was very nice and immediately assisted me. Although she was extremely kind, I just don't think she really knew what she was doing :/ she first tried on a very dark one (rich caramel) nd did my entire face nd it looked horribly too dark and orange. Next she tried Soft tan which was a better match but way too cool for me. I went ahead and purchased soft tan because I didn't have the heart to turn this nice woman away :/ yes yes I know what in the world. Anyways the foundation itself is okay for me. I was expecting full coverage throughout the whole day like many others but it wears off in a matter of 5-7 hours :( I really wanted to love this foundation but I honestly don't. Its a little cakey even when I apply a small amount. Maybe it would be different if I had the right shade ...... :l