January 27, 2015 | 2052 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2015 3:03:00 PM More reviews by danibennett97

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe all the high ratings on this foundation. Maybe it's just because I have dry skin but it is not for me. It wants to streak when I apply it and accentuated every dry area. I got samples of this to try it and in glad I did because it's a no go. If you have oily skin maybe you will love it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 7:53:00 PM More reviews by eclipse12345678910

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The staying power of this foundation is excellent and I dont even use a powder on top of this. coverage depends on how you choose to apply it I use a damp beauty blender which gives me medium coverage. keeps me matte all day even in humid australian summer. does not break you out either but u need a good heavy duty makeup remover to get this stuff of at the end of the day .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2015 8:52:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

My new HG! I got Dawn which is the perfect shade for me. It's very matte & thick with medium-to-full coverage, but it can be sheered out w a damp Beauty Blender & blended/buffed into flawless coverage. I got mine from Macy's .com for USD$37 & I have relegated it to my every day foundation coz life's too short to save makeup for a fancy occasion or outing that may never happen. I will definitely be repurchasing. I do wish the packaging was better like a tube or plastic bottle w a pump even! And it's ridiculously expensive but very much keeping in with the good quality I've come to expect from Estée Lauder products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Newyork1995

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is a total life saver for oily skins gals. Keeps me matte alll day which no foundation in the past has ever been able to do for me. Covers acne scars so well!! Looove it! Just wish it came with a pump for the price of it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Devina77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dry skin with red acne scars on my cheeks. This foundation covers every imperfection so well. It really is the best foundation for anyone who is looking for full coverage. I have used so many different types and brands and I always come back to this one.

It is very thick but when applied to the skin does not look cakey and you don't need a lot as it spreads and blends so easily even on dry skin like mine! It leaves skin looking smooth with a Matt finish but also has a pretty subtle glow at the same time and doesn't need to be set with powder. I get compliments when I use this foundation which is so strange as my skin is actually really awful underneath but you would never know when using this product.

The only down sides are the packaging and price. It is over £25 in the UK which is pricey but it really is worth it for anyone who has very bad skin. No other product can cover this well. The product lasts ages. I go through a bottle in about 3 -4months but as I have imperfections to cover I use more than the average person with better skin would. It also comes in a glass bottle without a pump which I don't like but as I've said the product is so amazing for my skin I don't mind at all!

Anybody with acne scarring definitely needs to give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 2:12:00 PM More reviews by sunshinechemist

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I shouldn't like ELDW. I'm normal to dry and prefer dewy finishes. But I got a sample of this because the counters are so good about giving out samples and everyone raves about it. First, the sample lasted me about 3 weeks. Amazing value for money, you only need a tiny amount of it. I got it in the shade 1n1. It's a decent shade match, it's not perfect. This however is not full coverage. Full coverage to me is cover fx cream foundation, kvd lock it, etc. this is a medium buildable foundation. But where is really shines is the lasting power. This baby will last all day, even helping my blush and highlight stay on. I don't find it cakes or drying or overly matte. I use with a radiance primer and it looks gorgeous. Great value, great price, I purchased full size once I finally used up my sample. Go get a sample if you can!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2015 2:01:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So I went to Macy's to get a sample of this foundation; this "holy grail" foundation that everybody seems to be raving about and I just don't get it. Yes, the coverage is "good", you can sheer it out or you can layer for full coverage, but honestly I can't see much of a difference between this and Revlon's Colorstay except with Estee Lauder, less is definately more. If you like to pile on the foundation, don't. Good coverage with less product and since it's almost $40, this is a good thing.

Also, shame on you Estee Lauder for selling this foundation WITHOUT a pump! Boo.

Anyways, after a week of wear, I can't really justify spending that type of $$$ for coverage I can get from a $10 bottle of Revlon.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2015 10:34:00 PM More reviews by asianbb

I used this foundation for maybe 3 times and I broke out horribly with cystic acne that I'm still suffering from. The coverage is amazing and in pictures it makes you look so flawless. But because I broke out so severely in clusters and in places I never break out in, I knew it had to be this foundation. I had the color Rattan, which matched my skin perfectly.

I really wish this foundation worked out me because it seems like a good foundation since a lot of people are raving about it. Also, for the price, why does it not come with a pump? In canada, It costs 49$ at The Bay. This is obviously a High end foundation, it should atleast give us a pump!!

I returned it and will never try this foundation again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 4:09:00 AM More reviews by maggietapa

I absolutely love this foundation. If you're looking for a medium-full coverage MATTE foundation that will stay on for hours and hours this is the foundation for you. Its consistency isn't as thick as other foundations which have similar qualities e.g mac prolong wear foundation which has a good coverage and lasting power but is more difficult to blend and get an even coverage with. Where as double wear is quite blend able and does not cake up on the skin. I love to apply with a Sigma F80 or a beauty blender and both give an even finish-After two layers my skin looks flawless. The staying power is AWESOME, even with oily skin I barely need to wear powder because of its matte finish (may not be ideal for drier skins) and I'd say after around 6-8 hours wear it looks as if it has just been freshly applied. The only downside to this is the packaging, it has no pump which can make it annoying to use as a lot of the time I pour too much out and waste a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2015 5:59:00 PM More reviews by sjzollner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very good foundation. It is full coverage and looks flawless when applied. I apply mine with a flat top kabuki or a beauty blender. This foundation is a little strange because it looks better as I wear it throughout the day. I wore it during the late summer to Six Flags. Through the sweat and tears that day brought, it stayed in place a day. The only negative: no pump. Worth the price.