Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

New as of 12/2012 Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)]
12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 3/3/2015 12:07:00 AM

F A V O R I T E foundation!! My holy grail. Super full coverage and lasts absolutely all day.

on 3/2/2015 2:52:00 PM

Bought this for my bridal makeup. So many warning about getting flashback. I used a PROPER photographer that stopped that from happening. Flashback from this foundation only occurs in flash mobile phone photography and naf cameras.

As for coverage, I experienced an extreme acne breakout a few weeks before the wedding so bought this. It covers everything! So so so relieved. Only downside for me is that is really intensely clogs my skin up and makes my acne worse. So I only ever use this for a major coverup situation and if I need it I take it off with a double cleanse.

Would not recommend for daily use!!! Especially if you have acne. Mine has cleared up a lot by using proper facial 3 step products religiously.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is as close to a holy grail foundation that I ever expect to get. While no foundation is perfect, this comes pretty darn close. So I was using Laura Mercier's oil-free foundation for a really long time and then that was reformulated and eventually discontinued. After a bit of trail and error, I decided to get this foundation. I didn't know what I was missing all those years using Laura Mercier. This stuff lasts all freakin' day, does not separate on my skin, does not oxidize, and covers my mild to moderate acne/rosacea sooo well. I have not noticed any increase in breakouts or irritation. I also love that it is full coverage since I have acne, redness, and hyper-pigmentation that I'd like to cover. Now, I do have to mix two colors together to get my perfect shade but that is what I had to do with the LM foundation as well. I'm a yellow leaning neutral and have a really hard time finding the right shade with any foundation line. I am impressed, however, about how many shades that this line has available. Another slightly inconvenient aspect of this foundation is that it does not come with a pump. I have read that you can buy a MAC one and cut off some of the bottom and it will work perfectly. I personally just washed out an old foundation bottle w/ a pump and am doing that for now. It also needs to be removed with something formulated to remove long-wearing makeup. Otherwise it won't really come off and I can imagine that it could lead to breakouts and other skin problems. Nevertheless, if you are looking for a full-coverage foundation that will truly last all day, won't oxidize, is relatively reasonably priced compared to other high end foundations, is marketed as oil-free/non-comedogenic, and has a natural/matte finish then this foundation might be what you are looking for.

on 3/2/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- it doesnt break me out
- awesome AWESOME coverage
- doesnt feel cakey at all!!
- surprisingly light weight (I thought it would be super heavy since its a high coverage foundation)
- flawless finish
- Not that pricy. (I live in Australia and the high end foundations are very expensive eg: NARS, Hourglass etc. They are mostly around 60 to 70 AUS dollars. But this foundation only retails for 50 AUS dollars)
- although it doesnt claim to be oil controlling, but I think it does a pretty good job compare to the other foundations I've tried. I do get shiny around my T zone after 6 hours (without primer) but I think that's still pretty good.

Cons:
- DOESNT HAVE A PUMP!!!!

on 3/1/2015 3:35:00 PM

The newer formulations are definitely more dry.Applications definitely require a liberal amount
of moisturizer. I truly loved the 'gel' feel that the original formula had. I am not sure why EL
would want to 'improve' a phenomenally successful product.

on 3/1/2015 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really decent foundation! does what it says on the bottle and stays in place all day! Only down side is the lack of pump on the bottle, means I tend to waste some each day!

on 2/28/2015 10:21:00 PM

This is definitely grail status for me! The main issues with this product though:
1. No pump but I think you can buy the MAC pump and use it for this foundation
2. Hard to remove! Any suggestions? I bought the Estee Lauder Take it Away makeup Remover Lotion for this specific foundation and it does not work

on 2/28/2015 7:15:00 PM

I was dying to try this product after reading tons of amazing review about it.
I have to say, I do think it's quite nice because it is pretty full coverage. The foundation goes on very nicely and for the most part stays on all day.
However it does cling to my dry spots (which is usually my nose and the area surrounding it no matter how much i moisturize) and I also feel that it enlarges my pores because of the way it sets into them.. even with a great primer. After a few hours, you can REALLY see the foundation on my skin because it looks so cakey and odd. But after a touch up it's usually fine again. I personally didn't get amazing results with his product but I still do like it and plan on keeping it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been holding on buying this foundation, i have a lot of good drugstore foundations and i really do like revlon color stay. But i had to try and i really loves it.
I work In a kindergarden so my foundation never stay on after a day with hugs and outdoor activities. But this and colorstay keeps In place all day but this foundation is a bit more natural looking on the skin . Its really expensive but i do love this so mutch. Sometimes i min it with aborter foundation to add more covrage to it.

I will buy it again even tough the price

on 2/26/2015 1:42:00 PM

I have combination skin with occasional dry patches that happen mostly in the winter and this is one of the only foundations that I can use all year long! In the summer it stays put and holds pigmentation, even on the hottest days; and in the winter it doesn't extenuate my occasional dry spots. I bought this foundation on a whim adding it to my vast makeup collection and always find myself reaching for this one when in need of a medium to full coverage look

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation (NEW FORMULA) Review | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review + Demo | Chloe Luckin by Chloe Luckin

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation First impression/Demo by Lextaylor7

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Foundation Review/ Holy Grail Foundation by BeautynLifewSue