Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

New as of 12/2012 Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)]
12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 7/4/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Holy Grail!
I have been using this for months and have not felt the need to switch/try anything else
This doesn't feel heavy to me, it's easy to blend, doesn't smell, doesn't clog pores...as long as I take it all off at the end of the day, it doesn't break down, doesn't oxidize, I can sheer it out with moisturizer or build it up in layers.
Most importantly, it stays on! my face usually breaks down tons of foundations, but this one holds up!! it's amazing!

I apply it with a flat top brush. Just gotta be sure it's clean otherwise the buildup leaves it streaky.
The finish is really natural, which I like. I can top it with a mattifying powder or highlighter to change the finish to matte or glowy
It doesn't have sunscreen - but I don't mind bc my moisturizer has sunscreen and if I'm taking photos I don't want the flash to whiten me out, so the no sunscreen thing is fine imo.
I like the packaging, it's small enough to fit in my bag - I just wish it had a pump (but the mac pump "fits" fine)

I think the price is great. I've timed it right when purchasing this at counters and receive free gifts with it, or if the outlet store has it in my shade it's like 10 dollars cheaper there
C-cool, W-warm, N-neutral, but to me it the neutral shades are quite peachy
I know they changed the formula, and I did not ever try the old formula, but honestly I don't see any foundation being any better than this one...

I prefer medium-full coverage foundations.
In my opinion, this ELDW tops all of my other favorite foundations: kat von d lock it - a little heavier than eldw and the shades were quite yellow; lancome teint idole 24hr - also a little heavier than eldw and a lot pricier; urban decay naked skin - lightweight and covered redness very well but not very longwearing on me; covergirl 3 in 1 and ready set gorgeous - covered well but also clogged pores and didn't control oil well.

on 7/2/2015 4:47:00 AM

It stays on! It lasted all day. Was really happy with this foundation. Going through that stage of life where 'hot flushes' tend to remove make up, when perspiration bubbles out on my face but this product stood the test of sweat. When on easily and good coverage. Very pleased😀

My hg foundation! I have fair/light (depending on the time of year) neutral toned skin & 1N2 Ecru matches my skin perfectly, it has more coverage than I usually like and feels a little heavy on my face but this stuff seriously stays put and a little goes a long way, it's one of the few foundations that I've tried that lasts 18+ hours without needing touchups or getting cakey around the more oil prone parts of my face. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. My main complaint is the bottle has a screw top instead of a pump, but I just attached a pump from an empty L'oreal foundation

on 6/30/2015 3:22:00 PM

It's truly a great foundation especially for the humid tropics like singapore. As I have combination skin (a tad oily t-zone and relatively dry cheeks) I've realized certain primers don't work well with double wear. Such as benefit's porefessional. Within 2-3 hours the foundation seperated and became blotchy around my nose, accentuating my pores. I tried the foundation with Laura Mercier's mineral foundation primer and it solved the problem. My foundation lasted throughout the day despite the fact that I was outdoors in the heat. The pigmentation for double wear is amazing for it's consistency. If only I purchased the correct shade :( will definitely get another in a lighter shade.

on 6/30/2015 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

ULTIMATE HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION. I'm Taiwanese Asian and I wear this in 2C2 Pale Almond.

I've mentioned before that I have super oily skin, but with my new routine now (TBS Seaweed Mattifying Day Lotion, TBS Instablur/Wonderblur, this foundation and the Shiseido Finishing Powder, my face is SET for the day. Nothing slides or melts or makes me feel greasy.

So, I pump a tiny/small amount on my finger tips and swipe my cheeks twice each, then a tiny dot on chin, nose, and a thin streak on my forehead. I blend this all in with a wet beautyblender and my face looks incredible, like it's been photoshopped. I have a smooth face, but I have very noticeable pores and tiny dimples in my face from pimple scarring. This makes all of them go away and my face is flawless. When I first apply it might seem a bit too light, but it oxidises very nicely and settles into a perfect match for me.

I know what a lot of people mean by cakey/mask-like, since the girl who served me at the EL counter had so much of this on I felt like I was being served by a mannequin. The key is to use a tiny amount I think, and experiment with different applications, just find one that works for you. For me, using my fingers felt gross, brushes (normal and flat-top) were okay at best, streaky at worst. I think a sponge application is the best for this, but if you think it wastes product, then try blending with fingers first for a bit, then a sponge to even it out for that airbrushed look.

The packaging is a real miss for me, however. The fact that you have to pour this foundation out boggled my mind. This foundation is sensitive to air (I think so anyway, since the little sample pot I was given, after a week of use, looked visibly thicker and more tacky) so to put it in a bottle you have to open time and time again was just... nope. I bought the MAC foundation pump (super cheap, you can buy it separate for $14NZD) and it works amazingly. I haven't had to open my bottle since putting the pump in.

I haven't had too much problem removing this, but then again, I use a cleansing oil, then an exfoliating face wash, and I finish with a cream cleanser. Mostly the cream cleanser is for the bits hard to wash, like the hairline/jawline, but every now and then I do still find a bit on my forehead/nose area.

The price is a bit dear at $69NZD, but you can often find good online sales every now and then, and considering how amazing it is, and how long it lasts (since I use a tiny bit) I think it's well worth it.

on 6/29/2015 7:59:00 PM

This broke me out like CRAZY!

on 6/29/2015 11:32:00 AM

My skin really doesn't get along with this product. I got it for £10 in a deal so was just giving it a go. It was a tad darker than my skin tone so I only used it in the evenings. It is a long wear foundation and I couldn't fault it for that reason. But it's a very heavy foundation and I feel like any other products don't sit well on top of this foundation

on 6/29/2015 10:41:00 AM

I know people don't like reading reviews from people who have used a product for a very short period of time, but I'm reviewing this because I wore it one day and I have pimples ALL over my face. I am not particularly acne-prone at all; I can pretty much wear any makeup and be OK. Not only do I have pimples, but along my chin/mouth area, I have rash-y pimples and redness. So if you have sensitive skin, beware!!
Aside from the pimples, I found it very mask-like. Every time I looked in the mirror, it looked very unnatural and dry on my skin. My favorite had been MUFE F&B but they changed my color on me. Boo :(

I went to my local pharmacy in need of a new foundation and spotted this at the Estee Lauder counter. I was matched to shade 1C1 - Cool Bone.
I use this foundation when I want to look airbrushed because it gives me the effect of almost looking photoshopped. I have red, sometimes painful cystic acne on my chin and this covers it beautifully, I tend to go with a less is more approach with my foundation. You really need to double wash your face to take this product off completely as it can make breakouts worse if left on for long periods of time (like over night) Trust me, learnt that the hard way.
I only have 2 cons with this product 1) the price but it's what to expect from high-end brands like Estee Lauder and 2) the fact it doesn't have a pump so can get rather messy when applying

on 6/26/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

this is a great liquid foundation for acne prone skin but BE CAREFUL if you use it too much it can break you out in more spots

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation (NEW FORMULA) Review | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation First impression/Demo by Lextaylor7

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review + Demo | Chloe Luckin by Chloe Luckin

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Foundation Review/ Holy Grail Foundation by BeautynLifewSue