August 20, 2014 | 1957 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (new formula 2012)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by byankitty

It looks like the person below me lives in my area here in south Texas. It's so humid and hot. The weather is seriously so weird every now and then. This foundation is my HG right now. It is the perfect color match, the formula is light, it's full coverage and it does seriously stay on for a long time. It's only flaw is how it makes my skin look a little dull and drab after a few hours. I like to set this with MUFE's HD powder but I would expect that to be the end of that. I hate touching up over powder because it definitely makes it cakey. Maybe I'll take a tip from one of these reviews and mix it with aloe Vera. I highly recommend this foundation. I keep trying to find a different one but I end up using this one every morning. AND it lasts a 7;30am-6pm workday with NO touch ups to the actual foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Corinahern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG! I use it year round and that's hard to find in this south Texas heat. During the summer I mix with aloe vera gel and buff on my face so as its not too heavy and during the cooler part of the year I stipple on with MUG stippling brush and get the most flawless finish I have ever seen! I constantly get compliments of how matte my face looks when in all actuality I am probably the most oily skinned person I have ever encountered. I used to spend so much money at Sephora trying different products weekly until I discovered this foundation. I have been using it for about 3 years now and do not see myself straying from it. Ive been trying new products to see if anything compares but to no avail there is no comparison.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by mellykate16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this foundation! I thought it would be super duper thick, but it's actually kind of runny. I love the coverage this gives, it makes you look absolutely flawless. I don't need concealer for the occasional spots on my face, only for the under eye area for my freckles. The only thing I would change would be the colour range! I picked up "cool bone" as I was told it was the lightest shade, and it is definitely a bit dark for me. Such a pity because if it was lighter, it would have been my HG! This foundation is $50 in Australia, but definitely worth the price in my opinion. I've never used a foundation with such high coverage! Loved it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Benjaminjohnson

Best Foundation Ever ! Natural yet full coverage, good for skin and stays amazingly. Don't miss out

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by ClassicPieces

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So..i work at a high end store where Estee Lauder is one of many products. I have had trouble with my makeup disapearring after an hr or so when i get to work. I went downstairs where a co-Worker recommended this product. Ive worn it for 2 days and have received compliments on how good my skin looks. This product really holds up! It also keeps eye shadow and blush in place all day! I do wish this had a pump but otherwise its the best foundation ive ever used and worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The reality is that this is still one of the best, if not the best foundation, for oily skin. Revlon Colorstay is a competition but it fails in quality. Revlon dries my skin, especially around the eye area. Having said that, if you are oily and find a good color match, stick to this like a glue. I am NC30 (in Mac) but I am not as yellow. In fact, as I grow older, I am having more olive than yellow in my skin. I used to use Tawny which in my opinion was a bit too yellow. It looked like mustard color. I am using Ivory Beige which seems to be a favorite shade amongst those with medium skin tones. Ivory Beige is completely neutral and looks healthy and great. With this foundation, your skin looks absolutely flawless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Estťe Lauder says you will get 15 hours of staying power, wonít change colour, smudge or rub off on clothes, is medium/build-able coverage, is oil/fragrance free and have a natural and semi-matte finish. Letís see if it lives up!

The bottle doesnít come with a pump but the MAC foundation pumps work perfectly. There are 30 shades to chose from, itís hard to believe yours isnít in there somewhere! For my NC25 skin Dawn 53 2W1 is perfect. The foundationís consistency is thick almost cream but still liquid. Iím using it on top of Paulaís Choice Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with Retinol as a silicone primer. It feels just like Smashbox silicone primer but it has some wonderful actives and it does more good things for my skin compared to other similar primers. Then, oil free sunscreen La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra-fluid Lotion SPF 60. I donít use a moisturizer on my face, only use a bit of Paulaís Choice Clear Skin Hydrator around my eyes.

Most days, a nickel sized dollop is enough for my whole face. I like using a stippling (currently Makeup Geekís) brush for application, I donít so much stipple it on as buff it into my skin. If Iím going out at night I might use more, it layers well. Itís blendable, and goes on evenly and if you donít build it does look natural. The coverage is medium (can be sheered out) and the finish is satin, not matte. Itís natural not mask like and really does feel lightweight on the skin compared to other long wear foundations. Now, it wonít rub off on clothing or smudge if you donít drag something (like a shirt over your head) over our face, but, itís not a miracle product, it indeed will rub off. The colour does though stay true though and it doesnít slip off or get greasy but I still need a finishing powder to set, which if fine by me. Foundations that dry tight stress my skin out and never look natural and can sometimes separate on your face as the day wears on. No one wants that!

Itís a bit pricey at $37 CAN plus tax an ounce but worth every penny. Iíve used my current bottle every day for the last 3 months and itís still half full since I use so little. Just in case you canít tell, I love this foundation! Iíve tried many high end foundations and this one is worth the hype. I do have acne prone skin and find that this foundation might clog my pores if I fall asleep with it on but if I use a cold cream, silicone makeup remover or oil cleanser to remove it then wash again with a water based cleanser it doesnít bother my skin one bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

At the moment this is my favorite foundation. I use it over the top of my skin 79 hot pink bb cream. I apply it with a damp beauty blender and it works well it dries semi matte. I dont use a primer. it lasts all day and the colour doesn't oxodize which is great.
It is full coverage on me.
I have kind of dryish skin but this doesn't go too matte like alot of foundations do on me so I'm happy with that and will keep using it until I find something better.
Overall I don't absolutely love love it but I definitely don't hate it. hence the 4 star rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeLaMusique

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG full coverage foundation. This is the first high end foundation I've bought and it's worth the $37! I have combination skin and my foundation is always sliding off of my face no matter how much priming and moisturizing I have done before hand. I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush to apply this and it goes on very smooth. It dries very fast so don't take your time spreading it on your face.

The packaging is not the greatest so I went to the MAC store and bought their foundation pump. It fits perfectly on the bottle!

I've worn this for 13 hours and never had to touch up or blot. Simply AMAZING!

I'm very pale and wear the color 1C1 (Cool Bone - used to be called Shell).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by DebbieDeeze

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG and I have used this for years! MAC has a pump that fits this bottle perfectly! It's around $7! Enjoy!