September 21, 2014 | 1843 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Acne prone, oily, sensitive & tend-to-flake skin here.

Ahhhh ELDW. You and your learning curve. Here's what I discover for myself (if you aren't my skin twin, my point is you may have to play around to find what works for you):

1. Fingers work best. Small circles, in sections, all over the face thinly for the first layer, tap lightly around problematic areas for the second layer. Foundation brushes create cakey and flaky look. Less is more.

2. Double cleanse at the end of the day is compulsory. I massage cold cream, take my time, wipe with a warm washcloth, follow up with my normal cleanser and again take my time for every nook and cranny. I learn my lesson that I cannot take the whole process lightly or else I'll regret the angry acnes. Granted there are foundations out there that give me acnes no matter what, but ELDW only creates problem if I don't remove it properly.

3. If you find it too heavy, mix it with a bit of moisturizer or another foundation. The latter might also help to colour correct if you get the wrong shade. Will it lessen the coverage or lasting power of ELDW? Yes.

4. Oil control. Maybe this is why users of old formula complain. It's not infallible although I top it off with powder. My oils seep through after 5-6 hours mark, but not in the disgusting fried wok style. I honestly think it looks more natural after I wear it around for a couple of hours.

NC15-20, 1N2 Ecru. Ecru is quite yellow but I think I need a touch more yellow for my skin. Plan to try 1W2 Linen next.

Overall, I cannot imagine wearing this everyday. It's not something I can slap on and leave the house. It has the tendency to grab on flaky skin, so before I wear it, I have to ask myself: how is my skin today? Do I need to mix it with something else? Plus this foundation also requires the whole makeup look, not to mention the time consuming process for removal at the end of the day. It's just too much work. However, this is my top choice for a glamorous night out or when I have to go out for a long time. I find ELDW Light is easier for daily use despite the pitiful colour selection.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by liana34900

It gives an amazing finish and sits on my skins really nicely. I went to the gym with this on and it was still on after so definately lives up to it's name.. However this is the only foundation that's made me break-out. So won't be buying again. Wouldn't recommend for acne prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So sad this didn't work for me. All of the rave reviews made me want to try this, so i got a sample. it made my oily skin look like i just got done running... and it broke me out! :( wont be purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Tanjia19

I bought in the shade tawny. At first I loved it, it's definitely high coverage and concealed the pigmentation I have on my face. However, I found this foundation clung to my dry patches around my cheeks and mouth area. It also doesn't bode well with flash photography - I was surprised as theirs only an SPF of 15. My true match has higher and didn't flash back :/
Also, as time went on I found the foundation to be very dull and drained the colour from my face - could be due to a recent tan I had, but where I tried a shade darker I still wasn't satisfied. I probably wouldn't purchase again as it's too heavy for everyday wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by AlexisTaylor1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I first tried this foundation a few years ago when I had really bad acne. I was looking for something that would cover my skin, yet still allow it to breathe and not cause me to break out worse. I tried SO many different foundations, but when I tried this one I stopped looking. This foundation literally saved my skin. I love how you it gives full coverage, but it doesn’t feel to heavy on your skin. It also didn’t make my skin oily like many foundations did. I started using this about 6 years ago, and it’s been my “go to” ever since. My only complaint is it took me a while to find a shade that matches my skin, but I finally did. It’s on the pricier side for foundation, but I find that one bottle will last me 2-3 months….and it’s so worth the price. I don’t know what’s I do without this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by zayasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

*REVIEW FOR THE NEW FORMULA*

Oh, Double Wear. I honestly thought I found my HG. Perfect full coverage, with a semi matte finish that NEVER gets shiny throughout the day but imparts this lovely, healthy glow (definitely not flat).

Never had to powder over, never had to blot, and longetivity beats anything else.

But this baby broke me out like no other. Multiple, pus-filled pimples that were so unattractive! 1-2 new pimples for each day I'd use it. I wanted so bad to believe it wasn't the culprit, but the breakout stopped immediately after I stopped using it.

No return policy here in the Philippines, and it costs about $53 here. I'd rather have good skin than a beautifully made up (but blemished face) - and trust me, this foundation IS beautiful. Too bad it's acnegenic. If you can use this, lucky you!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by MissSkye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my absolute HG foundation! I have an oily t-zone and am prone to breakouts, normally just a couple at a time but they are quite red against my pale skin, also the medicated gel I have to use dries out my cheeks and forehead. This foundation is perfect, the colouring was a bit tricky for me but it always is (I have "olive skin" but because I'm so pedantic about sunscreen my face is always a good 3 shades paler than the rest of me), I use the 1W1 bone shade which is the lightest you can get here in Australia, this baby definitely lasts 10 hours minimum with a proper base (even with sweaty exercise, uni and waitressing all in one day) - I use Benefit Pore-fessional over my moisturiser etc and it is da bomb! I apply the foundation with the real techniques stippling brush (I've bought expensive duo fibre ones before and they didn't handle the constant cleaning, even though I have always been really careful about drying them bristles down, not too wet etc etc) and it is the best I have found thus far. The foundation blends really well without catching on any dry patches and if I stipple over any blemishes, dark under-eyes or redness I don't even need concealer, which is a major plus!

SPF10 just isn't enough in the aussie sun so I use a sunscreen with my moisturiser which has made other foundations slip off, but not this one, also having naturally oily skin I really love the matte finish of this foundation, it sets soon after application but it doesn't "flatten" my complexion which is great, also the other day I forgot to set it before putting on powder blush and highlighter and they both went on perfectly, absolutely fantastic so now I only powder my t zone (NARS translucent powder in "Crystal"), and even that I could probably skip (force of habit!) overall the product is wonderful, my only dislike is the packaging, I almost didn't buy it because of the lack of pump, but thank god I did because I dug out my old MAC foundation pump and guess what it fits PERFECTLY! (I had to cut the tiniest bit off the bottom of the plastic tube but its really thin and easy to cut, just line it up next to the bottle and you will know where to cut) MAC sells their pumps separately so I picked up another one (AU$8 - totally worth it) just to check they hadn't changed, and they haven't so I am so grateful I didn't give it a miss because I absolutely love it and cannot see myself buying a different foundation for a long long time to come (and I'm a foundation junkie!) So so happy to have found my HG (at last) I hope this might help some of you to make up your mind about whether you get it or not, if you're unsure, get a little sample pot (I did) it will let you play around with the colour and texture and you can see how amazing it is for yourself!
xoxo Miss Skye

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by UmmSalma

This is just okay it's full coverage for about 7 hours not all day and looks dry in spots

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by katerinamiou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation.I have very very very oily skin and this baby stays on for 10 hours!I have acne and this covers it well but I would suggest applying some concealer aterwards to the areas you feel like are problematic (for me my cheecks).It is not completely matte, it has rather a satin finish wich is totally fine for my extremely oily skin.The packaging is really classy BUT it doesn't have a pump, wich is totally fine if you have found your perfect color. That leads me to the con; the shade selection is huge BUT I haven't found my perfect shade.I have neutral undertones and I have tried 1N1.The shade is correct for my fair skin but it is REALLY yellow so I bought 2 shades (1C0 and 1N2) to mix whick is really frustruting if there is no pump.So what I have found is to shake the foundation and with a concealer brush go ahead and pick up whatever is left on the inside of the top, put it on a palette and then mix the shades.I know @#$$@!!

Coverage:Medium but buildable to full (I would suggest applying a concealer instead, as it can get cakey)
Lasting power:10 hours (for my very oily skin)
Packaging:NEEDS a pump
Finish:Matte,Satin
It didn't broke me out but I don't have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by aiahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have super oily skin and tend to sweat a lot. I have switched from Lancome, to Make Up Forever, to MAC, and Laura Mercier. This was the first one that actually stayed on. It doesn't look cakey and it has a matte finish. Perfect for oily, combination skin. The foundation comes in many different shades so a lot of people can try it out. It did not break me out or clog my pores either. The product is very liquify but has great coverage so a small amount goes a long way. Def recommend!