October 31, 2014 | 1622 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Vanille9

I love this foundation. Im not using it every day, but I always have one bottle of it and Im using it when I go out or when I want to have long lasting makeup. The lasting is really really long. I apply it in the morning and it still looks the same in the evening. I dont even need to touch up my T-zone. It is perfect also for people with oily and combination skin. The big positive is also that it is fragrance-free. People with sensitive skin can appreciate it. It doesnt break me out. It is not drying my face and it doesnt cause any acne. The coverage is perfect. It gives you full coverage without looking cakey after hours. The effect is still some kind of natural. I use it without concealer, because it is not neccessary. Even for under eye circles. Im rarely using powder on it. It lasts long also in the summer. This is my HG foundation when I need full coverage with long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by vickie34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good foundation for summer or if you have really oily face
It is good for my oily skin
the color range is broad, but you might wanna go to the store to pick out your color, one thing i notice is a lot of youtubers buy two tubes of different color to mix them
The coverage is good but for my skin which has a lot of acne scars, i would put another concealer on if i want a fully coverage look
Also, if you have a drier skin, it is not the foundation for you, becuz it does dry out sometimes
I wish this bottle can come with a pump and some SPF value as well

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by faceme

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

FOUND DUP FOR OLD FRESCO FORMULA

I tried to leave this on Estee Lauder site and it is truncated. So here is the review:

In a sleepy beach town off the NC Coast I found 4 bottles of the old Fresco formulation 2n2 in a Belk' store and bought all of them. I compared to the new & "improved"formulated Fresco I recently purchased in a larger city where I live.The newer formula is thinner/sheer, sinks into lines on my face and by the end of the day shows my pores. The older by the end of the day keeps my skin looking tight and smooth. The color is so different it is funny they kept the same name. The new Fresco is orangey vs a cool beigey tone like 2n2 was. I am really disappointed and I know numbers and $$$ drive a company to make cuts but they lose customers and $$$ in the end IMO. It seems they watered down the new product IMO. I found a dup that is very similar VERY! No7 cool vanilla & cool beige mixed together is almost dead on for the old Fresco. Yes it is a pain but I have watched you tube and searched forums for a solution and this is one that is pretty terrific. It is usually 13.99 so not too pricey when buying two of them. Good luck and hopefully Estee lauder will just bring back the old so we can just buy what we liked to begin with!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by GabbyT15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated this foundation and returned it within 3 days of purchase. It was way to thick and heavy for my combination skin. While it did apply great coverage, it felt like I was wearing a mask. Unless you have problem skin and require a full/heavy coverage, this foundation is NOT for you.

Also, the packaging doesn't have a pump which I find to be very annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

I LOVE this foundation. It's so hard to find a foundation with great coverage that doesn't look cakey and this is the best one! Gives you an airbrushed look with full coverage that's amazing. I LOVE IT! Also stays on so long and beautiful texture!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by ladypunx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dark circles under my eyes & like high coverage in a foundation so I figured this would be perfect. It is very pricey so it was definitely an investment. At first I thought the coverage was incredible & 100% worth the cost, but I started to notice that I was having to touch up & reapply much more frequently throughout the day, & the formula didn't seem to work well with touch ups (product would gather in problem areas, around hairline, fine lines etc.) so often times I was more or less having to reapply my entire foundation & powder on top. So, not only was I using probably twice as much product as usual, I was also wearing much more than even I would be used to. This foundation actually make my face FEEL caked, heavy & oily. I couldn't wait to take it off at the end of the day, & my skin began to break out more regularly. I must admit I tend to cake my makeup on usually, but this foundation was a little too heavy even for me! Far too expensive & the worst packaging ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Enamulah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Initially I liked this foundation, it seemed to last all day long, my face went from its usual disco-ball shine to matte perfection and I didn't need to use a concealer. I have very oily skin and this seemed to cling to all my fine lines, slight dryness, it was streaky and emphasised my imperfections even more. It seemed to get lighter in some patches on my face later in the day which was very odd. I used all the high end primers - it didn't seem to help. I looked incredibly flaky and dry. My loose powder seemed to aggravate it even more. Not only that but the lack of pump meant I always ended up using more product than I actually needed -big waste. It also made a terrible mess of the bottle. I've seen other people use this foundation and indeed it looked amazing on them however my skin just didn't take it as well as it did the first few days and as well as I thought it would, seeing as it allegedly works so well for oily skin.

I think I will just be sticking to my HG foundation - drugstore foundation -bourjois healthy mix foundation. It smells lovely, it gives me a fantastic skin tone and slightly illuminates my face without looking overly oily and covers my imperfections. No primer needed and loose powder goes in like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Zeeoe

Acne sufferers this is the ultimate foundation. Concealer addicts look no further! Pale folk double wear is here! This foundation truly does it all. Every so often I try a new foundation and then wonder why I bothered, Estee Lauders Double Wear is THE BEST foundation to exist. I have acne and just about all skin make up makes it worse (except DW) I am also unfortunately pale and both shell and the new Ivory nude work for me. It lasts ALLDAY, I just pop a bit of powder on my nose during the day. I have a bazaar mix of dry/oily skin and it works well for both. If you apply too much it can look fake of heavy, you don't need to use a lot for it to do wonders. I prefer to apply it with a brush and sort of dot/dab it over my skin (possibly a stippling type motion?) in short, excellent quality foundation well worth investing in.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Sewpercee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't have great skin, so I want full coverage. I also have a job that requires a lot of physical exertion and I am not the fresh-as-a-daisy kind of girl after some exercise. I'm the girl who looked like she just had a shower, before the shower even happened. This foundation is fantastic for both of these issues. It covers up everything I could want covered up, and it stays put the whole day, no matter how much of a sweat deluge went down my face.

This stuff dries quickly so I have to apply it little by little using my fingers, and then I buff it with a damp beauty blender. I don't have to set it with powder and I rarely use concealer with it.

The reason I took off one lippie is that this foundation is not ideal for very dry skin. It looks great, but I really have to over moisturize and prime before applying it. Not enough hydration and I get those pesky skin flakes around my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Cleapatra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation is the best