Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

New as of 12/2012 Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)]
12/2012 REFORMULATION

This is by far my HG foundation and I have tried many! For years I will leave it to try something else from drugstore to extremely high end (Chanel) and I always come back to this. I have struggled for years with acne combo skin through numerous treatments including accutane and this has stood up to everything. I work 12 hour shifts as a nurse and this is the only foundation that lasts my entire shift!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was my go to foundation but unfortunately I will be switching to one that doesn't test on animals. That is the only reason I would not purchase it again. Love this foundation! It comes in a good amount of colors. I would go to the counter and get matched for the best results. Buy a MAC foundation pump and it will fit right in to this container. It did not oxidize or leave me orange. It is a little drying and sometimes would cake it my skin was dry but just make sure your skin is moisturized and you should be good! Excellent buildable coverage. Just wish it wasn't tested on animals.

An amazing foundation. After thinking clinique beyond perfecting was my HG foundation, I became fed up with the formula transferring if I as much as lightly touching my face and the way it made my skin look oily after a few hours wear (even with powder). I tried this in shade pebble, an absolutely perfect match for me and my skin and gave me a lovely look. The coverage is amazing, my skin looks almost flawless. The foundation itself doesn't feel thick but the coverage it gives is amazing. It doesn't feel like you have anything on, you can touch it without transfer. I tested it for duration during a 9hour shift wearing only a primer and foundation and it still looked good once I returned home. The only thing that annoys me is that it doesn't come with a pump-however it was not expensive to purchase one. I think I will love this foundation for a long time.

This is a really good product for acne prone skin. It is super thick and provides extra coverage over your troubled areas. I use this in the middle of break outs and it doesn't make it worse. After a few hours you will see it break around your T Zone from smiling ect.. I've noticed if I use a lite bare minerals powder over a coat it's not as bad and blends very well. This product along with my dermablends provide the best coverage without the excess oil on my skin. I use a brush on my blemishes/ pores and dab it on top or else you won't get as much coverage from just sweeping finger motions if you need a thick coat in those areas. Deffenitly great for acne and Trust me I've tried them all. Must have!

Oh how I love this foundation! It's funny actually, I feel like us women are always searching for a better foundation, am I right? That being said, when I got this foundation, I did not really have high hopes for it. I was just passing the counter, no intentions to shop at Estée Lauder, and just so happened to be sucked in by the sweet little inexperienced consultant behind the counter. I wanted to try the camouflage one. She convinced me not to by telling me my skin was beautiful and I did not need such a full coverage foundation. (When really she was actually just out of stock of all fair skin tone colors in that product, ha!) I'm never willing to take all of my foundation off to get color matched. I'm like listen lady I've got places to go, people to see! She did the best she could with the small section I allowed her to clear and sold me on the product simply by telling me "Just try it, if you don't like it then return it". Here I am a year and a half later and still using the product. I have oily dry acne prone red combination skin, and I'm color "cool bone 1c1" No acne due to a recent medication my derm put me on, but scarring and irritation left over from when I had breakouts. The foundation doesn't break me out, it covers my redness, it's smooth, build able coverage, but still comes out liquid-y and not cakey/thick like. It's not matte, but it doesn't add to my oiliness. No distinct smell either, which is great! I love it. Lasts 6 hours without any sign of wear and tear, and with a simple touch up, viola! Perfect! Highly highly reccomend, and hey, if you don't like it, just return it! ;-)

I just love it !!!!!

This is my all time favourite foundation!!!!! I've used so many foundations before from the cheapest to the luxury level of brands, but no matter how much i've spend on one, there was the same problem with all of them: they looked awful on my nose and non of them stayed fresh after 2-3 hours, especially if i'm outside and it's at least a bit humid. Now i live in the part of the world where humidity is way too high so i had to search for a good foundation that stays on your face for a long time. Also I'm a singer and when i perform i need a perfect look of my skin. One of my friends recommended me to try Double wear by Estee Lauder and since that time i'm in love with it! I've been using it already for 2 years. It stays in place the whole day and doesn't wipe off as u touch your face. Also it gives a perfect coverage, so for daily makeup you don't even need any kind of concealer (just apply additional layer on the acne and blemishes). And the best thing about it - it perfectly covers big pores on you face without being heavy and making it look fake! Totally recommend it to everyone!
The only thing u should be aware of while applying this foundation- make sure that your skin moisturised with cream or serum and be quick as u apply it ( it dries out super fast)!

This is the best liquid foundation for me. It stays in place all day with a little powder on top. I don't need to worry about a few spots of rain ruining my make-up because it doesn't lift off. It spreads so evenly when I apply with a foundation brush and never looks patchy on my skin. It does feel a little sticky after first applying so I advise waiting 10 minutes or so before applying a powder on top. My only big issue with the overall product is the packaging. I love the look of it but when you get to the end of the product it is impossible to get all the product out without waiting for it to drip out of the glass bottle for what feels like forever, I always feel like I'm wasting it which is not ideal for the price of the product (£30). However, if you pour too much out you can always put it back in the bottle which is not always the case when you have a liquid foundation with a pump.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying I'm on my 3rd bottle of this foundation. It is my HOLY GRAIL foundation! I have dry to very dry acne prone skin and it is very hard to find a good foundation that doesn't patch up or dosent have a full coverage I've tried plenty of foundations from high end to drugstore. None will ever replace this !

It is full coverage with one layer, I don't need a setting powder the Finnish is a beautiful matte .

Pros : many color options, medium to full coverage, dose not require setting powder, a little goes a long way , dose not break me out , A BOTTLE FOR LASTS ME ABOUT 8months

Con : no pump

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down the best for Oily Skin. Love it. Expensive but little goes a long way & does not even have to be set with a powder. Worth the price.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation First impression/Demo by AlexaMarieMakeup

Este Lauder Double Wear Foundation (NEW FORMULA) Review | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Foundation Review/ Holy Grail Foundation by BeautynLifewSue

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review + Demo | Chloe Luckin by Chloe Luckin