October 22, 2014 | 1702 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

12/2012 REFORMULATION

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Sewpercee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't have great skin, so I want full coverage. I also have a job that requires a lot of physical exertion and I am not the fresh-as-a-daisy kind of girl after some exercise. I'm the girl who looked like she just had a shower, before the shower even happened. This foundation is fantastic for both of these issues. It covers up everything I could want covered up, and it stays put the whole day, no matter how much of a sweat deluge went down my face.

This stuff dries quickly so I have to apply it little by little using my fingers, and then I buff it with a damp beauty blender. I don't have to set it with powder and I rarely use concealer with it.

The reason I took off one lippie is that this foundation is not ideal for very dry skin. It looks great, but I really have to over moisturize and prime before applying it. Not enough hydration and I get those pesky skin flakes around my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Cleapatra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation is the best

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by ProductReviewer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

TERRIBLE STUFF. Thick, artificial looking, ageing...I bought a present for my aunt at the EL counter, and she decided to put a sample of this stuff in my bag. She looked at me, said she'd give me the lightest color EL made, and tossed it in. I made it a point to ask the sales person what foundation she was wearing, she said this. Her skin looked old, matte, lifeless and dull. I thought maybe this stuff would look different on me since I have great skin. Wrong. This stuff instantly wipes out any sign of healthy, natural, young looking, glowing skin - and turns you into one of those women of a certain age that wear entirely too much makeup. This would probably be good for women with acne or dark marks on their face, it is full coverage...but a TERRIBLE choice for anyone with great skin. Oh, and the lightest color looked like MUD on my light skin - Estee Lauder has no colors for women with truly light skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by amandaanouluc

I am constantly in search of the perfect full coverage foundation, and this foundation has always been on my to buy list due to all of the rave reviews about it.
I really, really wanted to love this product. I applied it on my face, and it nearly covered up my acne scars. I fell in love with how it applied and how it looked on my skin afterwards. It lasted all day with little fading.
The next morning, I woke up with a few small bumps on my face. I decided to try this product for a total of 2 weeks, but each day I had new small acne spots on my face. I was so disappointed because I have just cleared up my skin. Sometimes I would see new bumps at the end of the day.
Two months later, I decided to try out this foundation again, and the same thing happened to me, I had had bumps on my face at the end of the day. So I just decided to give the foundation away to a friend.
I really did love this product, and if it wasn't for the fact that it broke me out, I would continue using it. I haven't heard many people breaking out from it so I figured it would be fine for me.
Another con about this product is that there is no pump, and the dispenser gets dirty really easily, but that can be fixed if you buy a pump (like mac's foundation pump).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great foundation, and I'm hyper-critical about my foundation! For years I've been wearing more natural, barely there foundations, which I love. Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers are great. As I get older I see that less foundation is more, but lately I've wanted a more polished look. More even skin, more sophisticated looking. Tired of my oily nose! My skin is oily, has slight pigmentation, and occasionally breaks out. I've worn MAC (a bit heavy), Revlon (bad match), L'Oreal True Match (definitely not a true match!), Lancome (nice but pricey). I tried Estee Lauder for the GWP and am very happy with this!
I'm super picky about my foundation looking perfect, and it's very hard for me to find shades to match my oily, olive but reddish skin tone.
I got 3 samples of different shades of this and Double Wear Light. I tested them both on 1/2 of my face for several days, and prefer Double Wear. Why? Shade selection is much more vast. More yellow based tones. Double Wear Light shades are neutral, and looked too gray on my NC 25-30 skin. It didn't feel nor look significantly lighter on my skin. I make sure to use plenty of moisturizer before applying Double Wear so it blends more easily, and looks less heavy.

Shades: Cashew is a perfect match for NC 35-40 skin. It was slightly dark on my fading summer skin, so I tried Rattan (2 shades lighter). Rattan was too light - NC 20 or so. Tawny is a perfect match for NC 25-30. Mix it with a touch of moisturizer to make it slightly dewy and blendable. I don't need to use powder over it. SO glad to have found this!!! I apply with a brush, and use less product on my cheeks where I need less coverage.

15 hours after application it looks fresh! My nose isn't an oil slick! Shocking. Photographs beautifully. Doesn't fall into fine lines. I usually use a Kabuki brush to apply foundation, but with this one I get better coverage with a flat brush.
It's pricey, but the quality and GWP make it worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by minosan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I WANT TO CRY. Of all the years and all the foundation I've gone through, I received my first compliment on my skin... thanks to Estee Lauder! When I went to work this morning, my co-workers stopped me and said "Omg! Your skin is glowing! Looks so smooth!" and for the rest of the morning, they asked me to explain to them how I got my skin to look so perfect. I was in such a good mood. The next few days, a lot of my other co-workers were saying how I looked nice today and asked "what I did differently"... I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but to me that was the first time I've ever been complimented on my skin and I have been struggling with acne for the past 8 years.

My skin is acne-prone, oily, and also has dry patches/flaking due to acne medication. For the most part, I don't have any active large pimples. Just two small ones since it's that time of the month woohoo. I'm also dealing with a lot of hyper pigmentation and scarring due to a recent hormonal imbalance and my skin just freaked the hell out. Thankfully it's been a little under control now. So that gives you an idea of how difficult my skin can be.

I have been looking for the perfect foundation and Estee Lauder is the one.
1) IT DOES NOT TRANSFER. This is such a plus for me because I'm probably the oiliest person in the world. This make-up STAYS PUT and doesn't rub off even if you run your hand across your cheek.
2) Keeps you relatively matte! I say relatively because as I said I'm really oily so I still get some oil after 4-5 hours in my T-zone but nothing a little blotting sheet can't fix.
3) GOOD COVERAGE. Makes my skin look flawless and so even. It looks great in indoor lighting. Natural lighting -- if you put on too much, it can look cakey but I mix it with moisturizer and try to make it look as natural as possible and it looks great even under direct sunlight!
4) CLOSE TO PERFECT SHADE MATCH, my skin is light-tan-asian but my face is a lot lighter than my neck due to acne products/sunscreen so it's so hard to find a shade that matches perfectly for me but this one is pretty good! I use shade: Tawny
5) DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT -- This is an absolute MUST! I ALWAYS put skincare over makeup. It don't matter if I look good if my face is going to break out from it right?! But nope. Estee Lauder does NOT break me out. The thing is you have to take off your make-up properly with this foundation because like I said it doesn't budge at all. I use a make-up remover + cleanser + toner to make sure I've cleansed the foundation out of my skin to prevent breakouts. If I do that, I don't break out from this foundation... I haven't gotten any irritation/pimples from it and I'm hoping it stays that way!

I put on this foundation with just a simple cosmetic wedge/sponge and I mix it with my moisturizer since my skin is getting some dry patches with the cooling weather here in Canada. I set it with powder and I blot with one oil sheet in the middle of the day.
I don't mind the price and I don't mind not having a pump because the product inside is HEAVEN.

Honestly, thank you so much Estee Lauder. I have been suffering from acne for most of my life and this is the first time I've felt confident in how my skin looks.
I will definitely repurchase this!!!!!
This is a must try x Please give it a chance if you can!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by derpgypsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is my holygrail. I've struggled over the years finding a foundation that would stay in place because of my oily face (partly due to the humidity in my country). Though this product does cost quite a bit of money ($58 SGD), it was actually worth the money. It definitely gives me the best coverage out of all the foundations that I have used. It was worth the price, a little goes a long way. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by 10laurabelle

I have purchased so many foundations through the years and time and time again I come back to this. I cannot praise this highly enough. This is the foundation with the best coverage and the best staying power. For those who have terrible skin this is for you. It covers redness, scars and acne. However I recommend you use a primer with this for a dewy finish. I'm not sure if this would be good for older skins as it is quite thick and can find its way into creases if you are not properly primed. The only downside with this foundation is in flash photography. It can make you look like a ghost. I have tried darker shades to combat this but it just looks too dark on my face. I use cool bone. I also like the fact that it does have a wide colour range to suit warm, neutral and cool skin time. Overall, this is a staple that I couldn't live without

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by EmilyProbyn

Ah Double Wear! My ultimate favourite foundation. Despite flagging to other foundations I always come back to this!

Double wear is a medium to low-level full coverage foundation. When I wear double wear some very red marks (hormonal spots can be the bane of my life sometimes-cons of being 19) are still slightly visible, but nothing a good concealer couldnt sort out. I love the texture of this foundation, it is liquidy enough to blend seamlessly but not cakey-a rareity in a high coverage foundation.

In terms of smell, I wouldnt say I notice any harsh smell from Double Wear. I know some people complain of oxidisation from this foundation, however I have never had a drastic colour change from when first applied to say an hour or two later. This foundation is MADE for people whos foundation run off their faces quickly, eg oily skin or those in hot climates. It lasts all day on me and sometimes without makeup my skin can look like its been dunked in a tub of chip fat (no not a good look).

One annoying downside is the pump.. Or lack of one. This is very annoying and wastes product in my opinion. Estee Lauder need to get this covered! But I wouldnt say it is enough to take a lippie off as I often use it on the back of my hand or use my MAC pump.

Overall a beautiful finish foundation which lasts all day with little oxidisation or slippage.

(Ps this is great when applied with a damp beauty blender and mixed with nars creamy concealer-dream trio!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Parkyy

Been wearing this product on and off for years now, hands down the best long lasting foundation I've tried (and I tried ALL the "popular" foundations).

Colour selection is great, scent isn't strong and when it sets, it SETS.

Resists both sweat and moisture, and on my oily combo skin, it lasts literally ALL DAY in humid conditions.