Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

New as of 12/2012 Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)]
12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 4/19/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

i don't know how to feel about this product, its lightweight, i can't feel it on my face, last a really long time. The first week i got it, i wore it once for about 10hrs to school and am in Taipei its super humid here and am oily so i was impressed, and it didn't break me out. tillll... i take a photo in my room with flash...i looked like ghost, i don't understand, the color in person and i natural lighting is greatttt, so i don't think i will be wearing it out at night because of that but am definitely gonna finish this bottle (shade 6N1) and try the darkest shade (6C2). bottom line i will repurchase if the next shade does not leave me ghost faced.

on 4/18/2015 9:34:00 PM

Im a makeup junkie and I have tried just about everything, but the one thing I could never live without is my double wear foundation it is my #1 product of all time.

its long wearing, amazing coverage, colour match is on point, blending is great, the finish isnt too matte but i wouldn't say dewy once you powder, I have blemish prone skin and my skin tone fluctuates alot throughout the year, what i do since i have my shade in my summer tone is in the winter i buy my lightest shade of a drug store (maybelline matte and poreless) and then i mix amounts of both whenever my skin changes.

on 4/17/2015 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have no idea why this foundation is so popular. I tried a sample of this for a few days and tried different methods of application but still did not like it. This foundation has been in the market for a long time, maybe in the past when there are not that many good foundations in the market, this was considered a great foundation. However, over the years, there are so many more options and better quality foundations available in the market. This formula should probably be reformulated to suit the times. Coverage is medium to heavy, but this dries too fast for layering without caking. It does not layer well, and once it sets (very quickly), you can't layer without it looking cakey. So if you miss a spot and did not blend properly, it looks hideous. And the finish is quite mask like, I have tried other full coverage foundations which still look natural and the finish is "fine" but the finish of this is cakey.

on 4/16/2015 10:07:00 PM

I LOVE this foundation! It's now my everyday foundation and gives a beautiful finish. People always ask what I'm using on my face when I use this product. I have oily/acne prone skin and find that it keeps me pretty matte and doesn't break me out. There are other foundations out there that are far more matte (such as the Becca foundation) but this is still beautiful. It does have a higher price tag...but well worth it.

on 4/16/2015 8:47:00 PM

Not for mature or dry skin, great for oily, young skin.

This used to be my everyday foundation. It has GREAT qualities, but also HORRIBLE ones. So I landed on three stars.

The greatest part is that this foundation outlasts any other foundation out there. You can wear it on an expedition to Mount Everest, on a marathon, or in the boiling heat of Dubai, and it still wouldn't budge.

It looks good when applied the right way and the coverage is so good, many even skip concealer.

But this is where the fun ends.

Its also super hard to apply. You NEED to do it with a DAMP sponge and on moisturised skin only, otherwise it will end up dry, cakey and patchy (BRUSHES are a huge no-no) - and as I mentioned before this thing is unforgiving so once dry it wont budge, and you will have to completely remove it and then reapply if you made mistakes!

You also need to keep in mind that less is more with this one, as it dries like concrete! If you put too much on, it will settle into lines you never knew you had throughout the day and you wont be able to touch up without having to remove it completely.

That leads me to the other con: It is almost impossible to touch up or reapply during the day.

.. I know, why would you need to do that at all, if it lasts all day? Well, SOMETIMES the foundation will shatter a bit or small holes will appear where your pores and fine lines are. But you CANNOT touch up or re apply once its dry. Its like clay.

That leads me to the last thing: It dries very fast which causes all the problems above to be even more prevalent.

So my verdict is: I like it very much when applied perfectly. But this perfection is hard to achieve and errors are close to impossible to correct throughout the day.

For me that just isn't worth it. ❤

on 4/16/2015 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

uch!!! I can't tell you how much I hate this product. In my opinion It's possibly the worst foundation I have tried. The coverage on is is good but I felt as if it made me look cakey, you can never touch up your foundation if you wanted to because it just goes patchy or like an off greysih colour, removing it was such a nightmare it literally wouldn't bugde.
My friend told me that in the foundation there is adhesive and according to her the same the ingredient as they put in concrete. (weather that is true or not, i dont know) but it put me off even more.
It left my skin really bad because of the thickness of the foundation my skin wasnt really breathing and i felt everytime i removed it with my daily skincare routine i still felt as if it wasnt 100% clean, i started to get spots and dry pacthes. so I ditched it straight away.
The bottle its self is a pain as you have to be careful you don't pour too much out, one thing I did like was the shades, i was tawny but that's the only good thing I could say about it.
this product just wasnt for me and i wont be purchasing it again and its a shame as i was looking forward to trying it.

on 4/14/2015 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I chose Tawny for my medium golden skin. It matches perfect. It is heavy coverage and dries almost matte. You only need the tiniest dab so it will last for awhile. I'd compare it to Revlon Colorstay but with more coverage. It has no scent and lasts all day long.

I buy this over and over again :) This definitely is my HG. BUT if I wear layers of this on I will break out because it can get heavy.

PROS: medium coverage but buildable
long lasting, stays on my oily nose
doesn't make dry areas too noticeable
a lot of shades to choose from

CONS: packaging >_< glass bottle with no pump (I ended up buying MAC's pump and putting it into the glass)
$37 is a lot but since this doesn't break me out if I wear it daily I will continue to buy it

on 4/12/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Estée lahder was my first foundation. I love it. This foundation is holy grail for us oily skinned girls. It truly lives to its name "stay in place".

Ive had it for over a year and i've noticed how perfect it blends in with my skin. I'm the shade 4N1 Shell beige.

Recently, ive been having issues with my foundation oxidising and my skin becoming more oily. Since I don't have much problematic skin, I dont really need a heavy coverage. This however, is full coverage. Something I can't tackle on an everyday basis as it makes me look so thick and cakey.

Also, this foundation has slowly started to oxidise on me. Maybe it's because ive had it for over a year now and its probably gone past its shelf life.

However, given the chance I would repurchase. This is a foundation specifically for special events and parties. Not an everyday thing for me.

I prefer something with less coverage.

on 4/12/2015 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this product but I didn't.
It was very drying on my skin and you could see the cakiness even though I hadn't used that much (when I applied this with a foundation brush). When I tried this foundation with a beauty blender it did apply nicer but it's not my cuppa tea.
Overall I wasn't crazy about this product at all...I'll stick to Dior star and Chanel perfection lumiere for my "high end" foundations.
My skins quite dry and I did not have a nice experience with this foundation, I personally wouldn't recommend this to anyone with problem skin because it doesn't go over spots and such very nicely in my experience. Sucks because I really wanted to like this foundation too! :|

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation First impression/Demo by Lextaylor7

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation (NEW FORMULA) Review | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Foundation Review/ Holy Grail Foundation by BeautynLifewSue

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review + Demo | Chloe Luckin by Chloe Luckin