Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

on 4/7/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Unfortunately, unlike the original, this product did almost nothing for my normal-combination skin. It absorbed VERY well, but afterwards my skin never felt even the slightest bit moisturized. Oddly enough, after only a few hours (after applying lotion and foundation) it made my face an oil slick. I've used this product 1-2 times a week over several months thinking my skin would get used to it but received the same result. Still love most of Paula's products though.

on 1/16/2015 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great formula for oily skins and those who just prefer a light, moisturizing gel-like serum over the more viscous, slippery kind. A mainstay in my routine.

on 12/19/2014 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Note: I had originally put this review in the RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
but the product I've been using is the RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum.

I'd rate this product 4.5 lipsticks with the deduction for the price tag in comparison to the amount of product. However, it's definitely much cheaper than Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair serum. I like that product but not enough to repurchase it on a regular basis.

I had concerns about the yellow colour of the product and I had read comments on Paula's Choice website about having yellow stains on the face.
Fortunately that hasn't happened to me. I use just a pea size of the serum so it spreads evenly without colour.

After regular use of this serum, my skin does look better in terms of overall texture and radiance. My makeup goes on much better as well.
I apply it after Retin-A at night and this combination works well for my skin.
I have very sensitive skin with rosacea and this serum doesn't irritate it or aggravate my rosacea.

Paula's Choice skin care products can be hit and miss but this one is a hit.

on 11/25/2014 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My skin simply drinks this serum and is left smoothed, soothed and not a dry patch in sight. This is hands down the best serum I have tried. It is a sort of runny gel with a slight orangy scent (which is not fragrance but simply the smell of the combined ingredients - the product is unscented like all PC products). I don't need moisturizer for dry skin when I use this, which otherwise is a must. I already repurchased.

on 10/18/2014 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes from this product Infact all of paula's choice products but it broke me into cystic acne. I've tried all her cleansers cheap packaging cheap products some were very drying like skin balancing n hydralight whereas others broke me out. I tried all toners and exfoliants from her line but totally disappointed though I love her approach on skincare but her products were total trash. Tried all her serums some where too heavy and even this particular ultra light serum was way heavy for me as it contains LOADS of silicone broke me out like crazy. Her superlight n ultra sheer sunscreens dried my skin out while the hydralight made me the oiliest and caused clogged pores. I am from india where Paulas choice not available online I had to pay thrice the amount for her products (shipping charges etc). Shame on u Paula for such awful products. What a waste of time energy money and most of all my skin. Everyone out there pls refrain from buying her products.

on 9/30/2014 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have only been using this for three days. I use it after my BHA toner, before moisturizer/sunscreen/tretinoin (depending on am/pm).

Day 1: Right cheek only, no problems the next day.
Day 2: All over face, no problems on the same day.
Day 3: All over face, noticed increased red clogged pores on right cheek, a few more clogged pores on forehead and left cheek.

It's currently PM on day 3 and I'm going to restrict this to the right cheek only tonight and see what happens. I suspect I'm having an allergic reaction to something in this product, I had the same reaction to Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer with Sunscreen. Will update accordingly. Bleh, I'm disappointed because I really wanted this product to work. Glad that I only have the sample and not the expensive full size!

Update 13/10/14: I tried adding this into my routine for the past couple of days, at night only. Little red clogged pores again!! Ok ditching this. I'm not sure what exactly my skin is reacting to but I suspect it's the 'cones, cause it's the first time I've used a product with cones. Oh well!

on 9/29/2014 3:18:00 PM

This is a great product that works, but without the heavy price tag. Paula's Choice has many well-formulated and relatively inexpensive skincare products that actually work. My skin is combination/oily, clog-prone, and prone to hormonal cystic acne during TOTM. Basically my skincare aim has been to find good products that keep my acne under control, as well as hydrate and prevent premature aging by using serums and lightweight creams with antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, etc. I chose to incorporate this serum into my morning routine after using the RESIST BHA 2%. I also mix a few drops of the C15 booster into this serum to give my skin a Vitamin C boost underneath my SS (Philosophy Miracle Worker SPF 50). The serum has a very light, watery consistency, which is good compared to her other serums which tend to be very silicone-heavy. Nothing wrong with 'cones for me, but I know many people are sensitive to them. This hydrates my skin very lightly without clogging my pores or making my skin feel greasy.

Also, this does have a very slight yellow tint to it, which goes on clear on my skin. Because I have very fair skin, I near cancelled my order after reading online that women with fair skin were finding that their skin looked "jaundiced" and "yellow" with this serum on. Luckily, I never had that problem and my skin is around a MAC NC15-20. It has a clear yellow tint to it, but no color or coverage at all on the skin. :)

on 8/16/2014 10:16:00 PM

This is really nice for those that struggle skin that tends to break out from heavy serums. I have always struggled with using serums because they seem to be too heavy and clog my pores, however I haven't experienced this with this serum.
I use this only in the morning after PC Resist Replenishing Toner, and the combination of these two products is moisturizing enough for me that I don't need to use a proper moisturizer, I skip straight to sunscreen. I like using this antiox serum during the day because it helps fight against free-radical damage that happens as your sunscreen breaks down during the day.
Would definitely recommend to others that haven't had luck using serums in the past, this is light enough to use during the day, but also moisturizing.

on 8/5/2014 3:11:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This is fragrance and colorant free and is a great serum for dry skin. It does have a yellow tint that can neutralize pink skin tones but I don't think it was added to the formula on purpose. This is lightweight and lighter than the other serums in the 'skin recovery' and 'skin balancing ' lines. This is non irritating and absorbs quickly into the skin but you need to massage it in pretty good.

on 7/29/2014 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really liked the sample I got of this product. I have very oily skin, but this soaked in and left my face velvety smooth. After 2 weeks of daily use I really think my pores seem smaller, not sure if that's even something this is meant to do, but in all my skin seems calmer, plumper, and has a healthy glow. I LOVE the feeling this leaves, and I have no problems with my oily skin reacting bady from it, even in the summer. Just applying it feels luxurious to me.

Popular Treatments (Face)