April 16, 2014 | 985 users online

Treatments - Paula's Choice - RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

Finally a PC serum for people with oily/combo or acne prone skin. I know that Paula used to say her super antioxidant serum was for everyone but really it was not, I can only wear it in the winter when my skin is on the dryer side. This new serum, however, I can wear all year round, and a plus for me is it does not contain retinol, I use prescription strength retin-a and don't need more retinol on top of it.

I've been using this for about 6 weeks, I ordered a tube when I went to order a full bottle of the C15 booster (I had used a sample for quite a while). I now apply these two products together at night and couldn't be happier with the results. It's hard to say whether it's this serum or simply the c15 that is making such a dramatic difference in my skin, I think it's probably the c15 that is having the greatest effect, but I know this serum contains wonderful ingredients and is doing my skin good. I could definitely wear this during the day as well, it soaks in completely, much like a light moisturizer, and it doesn't leave a film or greasy feeling behind.

The only downside is that, because it's very thin and somewhat watery , you have to use more of it than PC's other serums. But I'm ok with that, I wasn't using a serum at all anymore during half the year, so this will be my warm weather go-to, while I will revert back to the super antioxidant one once the weather starts to turn again. I would definitely recommend ordering a few samples and giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Athena2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry skin, but I don't like the feel of serums and lotions that stay on my face during the day, and most of them seem to stick around longer than I would like. This one is great, however. It soaks right in and I feel as though I don't have to use nearly as much as a more viscous serum, so it seems like a great value. I use the PC super antioxidant concentrate serum at night and I combine this one with the PC C15 super booster in the morning. A little bit goes a really long way. I am really looking forward to using this in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by tmwall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this serum consistently for a little over 6 weeks & that seems like enough time to give a fair assessment. Background on my skin: A-A, about Gabrielle Union's shade, early 40's, oily, acne-prone skin, just beginning to see signs of aging on my forehead. I also have dark circles & under-eye puffiness caused by insomnia/allergies and hyperpigmentation on my cheeks from old breakouts.

I received a sample of this with an Ebay purchase and was just going to toss it out. I'd tried PC products about 15 years ago & it turned out to be a breakout-in-a-bottle. Instead, because I'm a lot braver (have access to a fantastic dermatologist) now, I checked some reviews and decided to give it a try that evening.

The serum isn't sticky (as I was expecting) and although it contains silicones, it didn't have the heavy silicone weight on my face. It was yellowish & liquidy but not too runny. Immediately after applying a nickle-sized drop to my face & neck, my skin appeared smoother and brighter and felt soft. Over the next few weeks, I'd added it to my regular nightly routine. I'd apply it after cleansing with Purpose and/or Aveeno Daily Brightening Scrub (I mix them & apply with my hands or an Olay Pro-X Brush). Some nights I'd exfoliate with PTR Unwrinkle pads before applying the serum and other nights I'd follow the serum with Cerave Lotion PM or a dab of Retin-A.

After 4 weeks, my skin didn't just look smoother & brighter it WAS. While I didn't think my skin was sagging, it feels tighter and as another commenter said, it seems to have more "bounce." My dark circles and hyperpigmentation have lightened significantly to the point where I can skip full makeup - I use just some Sleek BB cream and powder! Best part of this whole experience was NO BREAKOUTS! I've had a few small pimples attempt to form on my cheeks & chin, but they disappeared within a day. It hasn't done anything for my oiliness, but it hasn't contributed, either.

Is it a miracle in a tube? No such thing. Is it an HG item? For me, definitely! I'm going to buy two at a time now.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by ginnymat2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first serum that I've been able to use without my face breaking out or feeling like an oil slick. It's light enough to use in the summer humidity. I started ordering samples of other PC serums for use in the winter and so far I haven't found another serum I like. I will repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Burma76

Love love love this serum!! Finally PC have come up with a serum that isn't too heavy on the silicones as a base. I can wear this night and day without any difficulty. In combination with some other products this serum is responsible for my fine lines getting shallower.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by becky129

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First, some background: My skin is sensitive, clog prone, and dry/combo. Most aox serums either irritate my skin or cause clogged pores. I was using Replenix Power of 3 Serum for a while, but it seemed to dry me out (plus it was $54/oz!) so I ventured out for a substitute. I had tried PC's other aox serums in the past, but they were so full of silicones that they clogged my pores. So when I heard about this ultra-light version, I decided to give it a try. And wow!

This serum is very soothing to my sensitive skin. It is not necessarily moisturizing, but it doesn't make my skin feel dry/tight either. It does not have the slimy silicony feel of her other serums. It is light as the name implies, but still soothing. With regular use it has cleared my skin - no more clogged pores and bumps! It also seems to help with undereye wrinkles/texture. My skin really does love this stuff.

I have been using this for several months, and have already purchased backups when it was on sale. It has seriously made a difference in my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by barbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with serums and as someone with young and very damaged skin from traumatizing acne from age 9-20 I have never had the elasticity and suppleness to my skin I should, especially for my mid-20s. Serums are a great way to help makeup for these genetic inadequacies lol, other than having impeccable skincare before all your friends even have to figure out what that means.

Overall, I think this is a great serum even if it sadly just didn't work out for me. I usually give products like these a month before I start judging but it's day 6 and I'm pretty sure by now there's no match.
The good: it's definitely smoothing, plumping, softening, and I can tell it's doing something in the short term instantly as you put it on. I can't speak to it's long term benefits but I would believe those who had positives.
The bad: just personal chemistry it seems, my skin is very sensitive and even after a couple of days to adjust, there's something in this that may be too strong as an ingredient or just entirely disagrees with my skin. The serum definitely makes my skin red (inflamed) and gives me this very slight and barely noticeable 'hm...my skin is definitely not soothed' sensation. There are some serums where that happens for the first day or two as you adjust to the active ingredients, but I think (for me) that's not the case.

Would have loved for it to have worked it, it's a great price and seems like a very nice serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My background - 20, oily skin, prone to breakouts/clogged pores and redness in the t-zone. I decided to buy this product based on the glowing reviews here. As I'm getting into my twenties, I'm more concerned with the quality of my skincare and preventing premature aging and repairing the damage I incurred when I was a teen (tanning... not washing my face... the list goes on). As soon as I got the product, I noticed how great the packaging was. It's opaque and had a very precise tip applicator so that you don't end up getting more product than you need. When I went to bed that night, I used the serum after I removed my makeup, cleansed and toned. My skin literally drank it right in and felt so incredibly soft and balanced. After about 10 minutes, I applied my moisturizer and eye cream and went to bed. I kid you not, this stuff is amazing! When I woke up, my skin was softer, less red and my blemishes seemed to be healing right up. I continue to see improvements with every use in the tone and texture of my skin. I absolutely love this serum and will continue to buy unless they discontinue it. HG status right here.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by elin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product on a whim, just to bump up my purchases to get free shipping. And I am really glad I did. I used Paula's Skin Balancing serum years ago and did not like it, but this is great. As background, I have pale, slightly sensitive, combination skin. I still get the occasional pimple.

I use this every morning after spraying my face with rosewater. The texture is watery and it is easily spread on your skin. I just dot it around my face and then gently rub it in. Probably my only qualm with this product is that I'm not entirely sure how much to use, but it's not a big deal. I then apply sunscreen an hour or so later.

After a few weeks of daily use, I have found my skin is looking less blotchy and blemishes heal more quickly. I have not experienced any irritation, dryness or oiliness.

I use a serum, retinol or exfoliant most nights and I really like using an effective product during the day as well. I would heartily recommend this product and plan to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by mymkup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Background on me I have severly oily skin with dry patches from using retin a at night. I have waisted so much money on paula's choice products that really didn't work for me (my bad, I should have ordered samples instead of the full size) but it was all worth it because of this little gem. MY SKIN LOVES THIS STUFF! I'm not kidding - I look forward to putting this on every day! I guess I use it as my moisturizer. I put it on after my Rx antibiotic gel, but before that this was the first thing I put on my face. I am a little red when I first put it on but it goes away. It doesn't sting or irritate my face in any way, it's quite the opposite. It feels very soothing and hydrating. The consistensy is between a gel and a lotion.. on the runny side but its not a liquid. I let it sink in for at least 10 minutes before putting on anything else although I don't really think I have to because it absorbs completely after I massage it on even if I use a lot, and I'm pretty liberal with it. It makes my skin SO SOFT and hydrated. Sometimes I'll go straight into primer then foundation because I don't need any more moisture. I used to be an oil slick by the time I got in the car to go to work but ever since I started using this my oil has been under control. I still have to use at least one mattifying product, whether it's primer, lotion, or powder, but the results are 10 times better than what it used to be. Some days I don't even have to blot at all. I used to blot 5 or 6 times a day. I've gone through 1 1/2 tubes of this now and I think it only took 2 or 3 monthswiring it 5 to 6 times a week. I just bought two backups because they we're 20% off. Bottom line is I can't be without this. Order a sample if you want to try it, I think it's only $1