September 18, 2014 | 2101 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is really nice for those that struggle skin that tends to break out from heavy serums. I have always struggled with using serums because they seem to be too heavy and clog my pores, however I haven't experienced this with this serum.
I use this only in the morning after PC Resist Replenishing Toner, and the combination of these two products is moisturizing enough for me that I don't need to use a proper moisturizer, I skip straight to sunscreen. I like using this antiox serum during the day because it helps fight against free-radical damage that happens as your sunscreen breaks down during the day.
Would definitely recommend to others that haven't had luck using serums in the past, this is light enough to use during the day, but also moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This is fragrance and colorant free and is a great serum for dry skin. It does have a yellow tint that can neutralize pink skin tones but I don't think it was added to the formula on purpose. This is lightweight and lighter than the other serums in the 'skin recovery' and 'skin balancing ' lines. This is non irritating and absorbs quickly into the skin but you need to massage it in pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Nachtj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked the sample I got of this product. I have very oily skin, but this soaked in and left my face velvety smooth. After 2 weeks of daily use I really think my pores seem smaller, not sure if that's even something this is meant to do, but in all my skin seems calmer, plumper, and has a healthy glow. I LOVE the feeling this leaves, and I have no problems with my oily skin reacting bady from it, even in the summer. Just applying it feels luxurious to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

In a heartbeat I would reorder. I've noticed a reduction in dark spots from acne and the overall tone of my skin looks flawless. Dries and absorbs quickly, and it feels great on!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Musetta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product- it just seems to provide a bit of extra moisure, which I need in winter after the Resist Hydrator gel. I also use it on my dear partner, and he loves it! Overall my skin feels soothed after applying, and I am able to put on areas where I get seborrheic dermatitis (which are super sensitive) without issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by pratimapeanut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product as a summer time moisturizer to use at night, it's soothing and doesn't cause breakouts. The main reason I'm writing this review is to say I'm very fair (almost white as paper) and this doesn't leave a yellow tint on my skin UNLESS I put it on during the day under a spf product. I think the sunscreen actives might interact with the serum to cause yellow looking skin. So if you have this or want to try it and it gives you a tinted look try using it only at night.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by stolenangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted this to work for me but it broke me out in tiny whiteheads after a few days of use.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Good serum although not a miracle and I'm not sure whether it really improved my skin since I used it at the same time as BHA, Clear Skin Hydrator and the Skin Balancing Serum (all PC products). Still, it did not break me out or cause any other problems and I've used up a whole tube of it and have ordered another one. Rather expensive but hopefully the ingredients are beneficial in the long term. I like the fact that PC does not test on animals.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by vfer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Every time I wear this, my DH says, "What have you got on your face? It's orange." I'm very pale, so the color really sticks out. I can't wear it every day as it seems to build up. The orange also settles into my wrinkles, despite a light application. :(

I like the texture, but I have to mix it in with something else of I get the orange face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This serum is full of great ingredients for skin, and has a very elegant texture. But unfortunately it also has a YELLOW color to it. At first it looks translucent with a yellow tint, but give it a couple minutes on skin and it dries down YELLOW. On my fair/light skin (MAC NC15) it makes me look jaundiced. I've purchased a full tube, and discarded it once finally realized that it is not my liver but the Anti-ox serum that gives me a lovely yellow skin.
I'd say try a sample first, especially if you have fair or light skin.
If it were not for the yellow color, this would have earned solid five lippies!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No