December 18, 2014 | 1405 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by summerbrow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin simply drinks this serum and is left smoothed, soothed and not a dry patch in sight. This is hands down the best serum I have tried. It is a sort of runny gel with a slight orangy scent (which is not fragrance but simply the smell of the combined ingredients - the product is unscented like all PC products). I don't need moisturizer for dry skin when I use this, which otherwise is a must. I already repurchased.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by missbee1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had high hopes from this product Infact all of paula's choice products but it broke me into cystic acne. I've tried all her cleansers cheap packaging cheap products some were very drying like skin balancing n hydralight whereas others broke me out. I tried all toners and exfoliants from her line but totally disappointed though I love her approach on skincare but her products were total trash. Tried all her serums some where too heavy and even this particular ultra light serum was way heavy for me as it contains LOADS of silicone broke me out like crazy. Her superlight n ultra sheer sunscreens dried my skin out while the hydralight made me the oiliest and caused clogged pores. I am from india where Paulas choice not available online I had to pay thrice the amount for her products (shipping charges etc). Shame on u Paula for such awful products. What a waste of time energy money and most of all my skin. Everyone out there pls refrain from buying her products.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by imminentfate

I have only been using this for three days. I use it after my BHA toner, before moisturizer/sunscreen/tretinoin (depending on am/pm).

Day 1: Right cheek only, no problems the next day.
Day 2: All over face, no problems on the same day.
Day 3: All over face, noticed increased red clogged pores on right cheek, a few more clogged pores on forehead and left cheek.

It's currently PM on day 3 and I'm going to restrict this to the right cheek only tonight and see what happens. I suspect I'm having an allergic reaction to something in this product, I had the same reaction to Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer with Sunscreen. Will update accordingly. Bleh, I'm disappointed because I really wanted this product to work. Glad that I only have the sample and not the expensive full size!

Update 13/10/14: I tried adding this into my routine for the past couple of days, at night only. Little red clogged pores again!! Ok ditching this. I'm not sure what exactly my skin is reacting to but I suspect it's the 'cones, cause it's the first time I've used a product with cones. Oh well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This is a great product that works, but without the heavy price tag. Paula's Choice has many well-formulated and relatively inexpensive skincare products that actually work. My skin is combination/oily, clog-prone, and prone to hormonal cystic acne during TOTM. Basically my skincare aim has been to find good products that keep my acne under control, as well as hydrate and prevent premature aging by using serums and lightweight creams with antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, etc. I chose to incorporate this serum into my morning routine after using the RESIST BHA 2%. I also mix a few drops of the C15 booster into this serum to give my skin a Vitamin C boost underneath my SS (Philosophy Miracle Worker SPF 50). The serum has a very light, watery consistency, which is good compared to her other serums which tend to be very silicone-heavy. Nothing wrong with 'cones for me, but I know many people are sensitive to them. This hydrates my skin very lightly without clogging my pores or making my skin feel greasy.

Also, this does have a very slight yellow tint to it, which goes on clear on my skin. Because I have very fair skin, I near cancelled my order after reading online that women with fair skin were finding that their skin looked "jaundiced" and "yellow" with this serum on. Luckily, I never had that problem and my skin is around a MAC NC15-20. It has a clear yellow tint to it, but no color or coverage at all on the skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is really nice for those that struggle skin that tends to break out from heavy serums. I have always struggled with using serums because they seem to be too heavy and clog my pores, however I haven't experienced this with this serum.
I use this only in the morning after PC Resist Replenishing Toner, and the combination of these two products is moisturizing enough for me that I don't need to use a proper moisturizer, I skip straight to sunscreen. I like using this antiox serum during the day because it helps fight against free-radical damage that happens as your sunscreen breaks down during the day.
Would definitely recommend to others that haven't had luck using serums in the past, this is light enough to use during the day, but also moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This is fragrance and colorant free and is a great serum for dry skin. It does have a yellow tint that can neutralize pink skin tones but I don't think it was added to the formula on purpose. This is lightweight and lighter than the other serums in the 'skin recovery' and 'skin balancing ' lines. This is non irritating and absorbs quickly into the skin but you need to massage it in pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Nachtj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked the sample I got of this product. I have very oily skin, but this soaked in and left my face velvety smooth. After 2 weeks of daily use I really think my pores seem smaller, not sure if that's even something this is meant to do, but in all my skin seems calmer, plumper, and has a healthy glow. I LOVE the feeling this leaves, and I have no problems with my oily skin reacting bady from it, even in the summer. Just applying it feels luxurious to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

In a heartbeat I would reorder. I've noticed a reduction in dark spots from acne and the overall tone of my skin looks flawless. Dries and absorbs quickly, and it feels great on!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Musetta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product- it just seems to provide a bit of extra moisure, which I need in winter after the Resist Hydrator gel. I also use it on my dear partner, and he loves it! Overall my skin feels soothed after applying, and I am able to put on areas where I get seborrheic dermatitis (which are super sensitive) without issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by pratimapeanut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product as a summer time moisturizer to use at night, it's soothing and doesn't cause breakouts. The main reason I'm writing this review is to say I'm very fair (almost white as paper) and this doesn't leave a yellow tint on my skin UNLESS I put it on during the day under a spf product. I think the sunscreen actives might interact with the serum to cause yellow looking skin. So if you have this or want to try it and it gives you a tinted look try using it only at night.