October 1, 2014 | 2070 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by imminentfate

I have only been using this for three days. I use it after my BHA toner, before moisturizer/sunscreen/tretinoin (depending on am/pm).

Day 1: Right cheek only, no problems the next day.
Day 2: All over face, no problems on the same day.
Day 3: All over face, noticed increased red clogged pores on right cheek, a few more clogged pores on forehead and left cheek.

It's currently PM on day 3 and I'm going to restrict this to the right cheek only tonight and see what happens. I suspect I'm having an allergic reaction to something in this product, I had the same reaction to Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer with Sunscreen. Will update accordingly. Bleh, I'm disappointed because I really wanted this product to work. Glad that I only have the sample and not the expensive full size!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This is a great product that works, but without the heavy price tag. Paula's Choice has many well-formulated and relatively inexpensive skincare products that actually work. My skin is combination/oily, clog-prone, and prone to hormonal cystic acne during TOTM. Basically my skincare aim has been to find good products that keep my acne under control, as well as hydrate and prevent premature aging by using serums and lightweight creams with antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, etc. I chose to incorporate this serum into my morning routine after using the RESIST BHA 2%. I also mix a few drops of the C15 booster into this serum to give my skin a Vitamin C boost underneath my SS (Philosophy Miracle Worker SPF 50). The serum has a very light, watery consistency, which is good compared to her other serums which tend to be very silicone-heavy. Nothing wrong with 'cones for me, but I know many people are sensitive to them. This hydrates my skin very lightly without clogging my pores or making my skin feel greasy.

Also, this does have a very slight yellow tint to it, which goes on clear on my skin. Because I have very fair skin, I near cancelled my order after reading online that women with fair skin were finding that their skin looked "jaundiced" and "yellow" with this serum on. Luckily, I never had that problem and my skin is around a MAC NC15-20. It has a clear yellow tint to it, but no color or coverage at all on the skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is really nice for those that struggle skin that tends to break out from heavy serums. I have always struggled with using serums because they seem to be too heavy and clog my pores, however I haven't experienced this with this serum.
I use this only in the morning after PC Resist Replenishing Toner, and the combination of these two products is moisturizing enough for me that I don't need to use a proper moisturizer, I skip straight to sunscreen. I like using this antiox serum during the day because it helps fight against free-radical damage that happens as your sunscreen breaks down during the day.
Would definitely recommend to others that haven't had luck using serums in the past, this is light enough to use during the day, but also moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This is fragrance and colorant free and is a great serum for dry skin. It does have a yellow tint that can neutralize pink skin tones but I don't think it was added to the formula on purpose. This is lightweight and lighter than the other serums in the 'skin recovery' and 'skin balancing ' lines. This is non irritating and absorbs quickly into the skin but you need to massage it in pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Nachtj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked the sample I got of this product. I have very oily skin, but this soaked in and left my face velvety smooth. After 2 weeks of daily use I really think my pores seem smaller, not sure if that's even something this is meant to do, but in all my skin seems calmer, plumper, and has a healthy glow. I LOVE the feeling this leaves, and I have no problems with my oily skin reacting bady from it, even in the summer. Just applying it feels luxurious to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

In a heartbeat I would reorder. I've noticed a reduction in dark spots from acne and the overall tone of my skin looks flawless. Dries and absorbs quickly, and it feels great on!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Musetta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product- it just seems to provide a bit of extra moisure, which I need in winter after the Resist Hydrator gel. I also use it on my dear partner, and he loves it! Overall my skin feels soothed after applying, and I am able to put on areas where I get seborrheic dermatitis (which are super sensitive) without issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by pratimapeanut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product as a summer time moisturizer to use at night, it's soothing and doesn't cause breakouts. The main reason I'm writing this review is to say I'm very fair (almost white as paper) and this doesn't leave a yellow tint on my skin UNLESS I put it on during the day under a spf product. I think the sunscreen actives might interact with the serum to cause yellow looking skin. So if you have this or want to try it and it gives you a tinted look try using it only at night.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by stolenangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted this to work for me but it broke me out in tiny whiteheads after a few days of use.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Good serum although not a miracle and I'm not sure whether it really improved my skin since I used it at the same time as BHA, Clear Skin Hydrator and the Skin Balancing Serum (all PC products). Still, it did not break me out or cause any other problems and I've used up a whole tube of it and have ordered another one. Rather expensive but hopefully the ingredients are beneficial in the long term. I like the fact that PC does not test on animals.