Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip/water-binding agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone (silicone polymer), Hyaluronic Acid (skin-repairing ingredient), Resveratrol (antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Quercetin (antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Phospholipids (skin-repairing ingredient), Ubiquinone, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Sea Whip Extract, Bisabolol, Beta Glucan (anti-irritants), Phytic Acid (chelating agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (film-forming agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent)

on 7/2/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this serum. It feels nice and my skin looks good after I use it and a little goes a long way. I love that Paula's products are fragrance and dye-free. I'm only 29 so I can't really speak to the anti-aging benefits quite yet, but this does not break me out or make my combo skin any oilier and any fine lines I do have look plumped after use. I use this at night before I apply Paula's moisturizing gel. I have not noticed any yellowing on my skin. My only complaint is the packaging. The tube is nice looking, but the product is very liquidy, so if I store the tube laying down, the product runs to the top and explodes out a little when I remove the cap to use it, waisting a bit of product each time. I have to store it balancing it upright which is annoying. I also find if I'm applying it and I set it down on the counter for a sec, product will leak out of the tip. This stuff isn't exactly cheap so the waste drives me nuts.

on 6/29/2015 6:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The first few times I used this serum, I was extremely impressed. Waking up in the morning, my skin felt incredibly smooth and soft. It seemed to be helping my pores look smaller, as well.

Now that I've been using it for about a month, the benefits seem to have tapered off a bit. At first I thought "Wow, if it works this well after a week, imagine how great my skin will look in a month!" but the change hasn't been that dramatic. I do feel that it has had a lasting positive effect on the appearance of my pores, but the ultra-smooth "baby skin" feeling that I initially got from this product has gone away. I don't feel like it has done anything to even out my skin tone or reduce redness.

Overall, I do like this serum, and so far it doesn't break me out. But I was hoping for more of a noticeable change. I'll continue to use it, and update my review accordingly.

on 6/19/2015 3:17:00 PM

Turned my face yellow around the edges for whatever reason. Used it under moisturizer with spf (cant remember what one this was 2 years ago) and light makeup...neither the moisturizer nor the makeup caused "yellowing" on its own so I narrowed it down to this. Other than that it felt sticky. Whether it did or would improve skin or not I don't know couldn't wear it long enough to find out. Caused me to sweat more than normal. Just overall no thanks-but it didn't irritate me or break me out

on 6/19/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

gave me lines under my eyes but to be fair everything with high silicones concentration does that.
i was to scared to use on face because of the silicones that give me acne

on 5/22/2015 9:36:00 PM

Unfortunately this product breaks me out when applied to the majority of my face - painful cystic acne. However, I noticed in the areas that did not break out, it really worked. My skin looked hydrated and youthful. Not worth the struggle through painful acne unfortunately. I wouldn't recommend this product to those with sensitive skin.

I now use it as an eye cream day and night. It plumps my fine lines better than any actual eye cream i've used. Not a total loss! Hooray! :)

on 5/1/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

So far this is working fine for me. It absorbs quickly and together with the other resist products I'm using, I see a real difference in my skin. Not sure what exactly it's doing but am sure that it is not doing any harm which is super important to me since I have super sensitive skin with rosacea. I like it way better that the other serum in the resist line which I thought was sticky. This feels like nothing. I've only been using for a week so cannot determine its longterm benefits.Ingredients are topnotch for the price.

on 4/7/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Unfortunately, unlike the original, this product did almost nothing for my normal-combination skin. It absorbed VERY well, but afterwards my skin never felt even the slightest bit moisturized. Oddly enough, after only a few hours (after applying lotion and foundation) it made my face an oil slick. I've used this product 1-2 times a week over several months thinking my skin would get used to it but received the same result. Still love most of Paula's products though.

on 1/16/2015 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great formula for oily skins and those who just prefer a light, moisturizing gel-like serum over the more viscous, slippery kind. A mainstay in my routine.

on 12/19/2014 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Note: I had originally put this review in the RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
but the product I've been using is the RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum.

I'd rate this product 4.5 lipsticks with the deduction for the price tag in comparison to the amount of product. However, it's definitely much cheaper than Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair serum. I like that product but not enough to repurchase it on a regular basis.

I had concerns about the yellow colour of the product and I had read comments on Paula's Choice website about having yellow stains on the face.
Fortunately that hasn't happened to me. I use just a pea size of the serum so it spreads evenly without colour.

After regular use of this serum, my skin does look better in terms of overall texture and radiance. My makeup goes on much better as well.
I apply it after Retin-A at night and this combination works well for my skin.
I have very sensitive skin with rosacea and this serum doesn't irritate it or aggravate my rosacea.

Paula's Choice skin care products can be hit and miss but this one is a hit.

on 11/25/2014 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My skin simply drinks this serum and is left smoothed, soothed and not a dry patch in sight. This is hands down the best serum I have tried. It is a sort of runny gel with a slight orangy scent (which is not fragrance but simply the smell of the combined ingredients - the product is unscented like all PC products). I don't need moisturizer for dry skin when I use this, which otherwise is a must. I already repurchased.

Popular Treatments (Face)