July 25, 2014 | 1486 users online

BB Cream - Make Up Academy (MUA) - MUA - BB Cream (All In One Beauty Balm)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like this BB Cream. It has a thick texture but is easy to apply and you don't need to use a lot for good coverage. I wear this over my moisturiser and it leaves me with a natural, dewy finish which is great for my dry skin (probably not that suitable for people with oily skin or those looking for the matte look). I would have given it 5 lippies if it contained a sunscreen, the only negative for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by amymont

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product without having read any reviews and tried it out in the store and really liked the colour (Light). I liked the fact that it was a more yellow undertoned ivory whereas many tend to be pink. I thought the colour was similar to Soft Ivory in the Laura Mercier Creme Silk Foundation which I also use, but slightly less yellow. I liked the consistency too. It went on really easily, gave decent light to medium coverage and left a slight glow. I felt I'd really found a great inexpensive product. However, within a few days I got lots of tiny spots and bumps which were filled with a water like substance, so not like acne spots/zits. I stopped using it and they disappeared. I tried using it again a few weeks later and the same thing happened. I gave it one last try as I really liked it but alas, the tiny spots appeared again all over my face. I've never had this happen with any other foundation. It's a good product and excellent value for money for those who don't get break outs from using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by ohno123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really liked this. I've never used a BB cream before but I liked the thick coverage. I'm very pale and found the lightest shade matches my skin nicely and without too much need for blending. Lasts for a good time, too. Could have had more of the cream actually in there but it's a decent enough price for that not to be too big of an issue.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by hans5

I really like this Beauty Balm. I use shade 4-medium which is perfect for my skin. This BB is not as blendable as I would like it to be and it's also slightly heavier and fuller coverage than most BB but I prefer more coverage so it works for me. I would recommend it to people starting out using BB products.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by beccabetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product has pretty decent coverage but the colours aren't great and it's very thick so doesn't do much for my dry skin :( but when I mix it with a primer or moisturiser or another foundation it looks good and sets matte! great for the price but would like a lighter colour because im so pale!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by donaling

I love this brand but I was very disappointed with this product. When I first used it after purchase there was a lot of air that came out of the tube. Eventually when I got the the bb cream itself it was very gooey and thick but slimy at the same time.
When applied it gives a more of a medium coverage which i liked but it stayed on top of my skin. Even after applying powder the bb cream still felt wet and gloopy on my skin. If I touched my face with my finger a paste forms on my skin. The staying power is terrible.
However, the squeezy packaging is great but what's inside...not so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by TorBear

The tube arrived less than half full, no where near 30ml. The consistency is super thick, gloopy & oily. It settles around the nose & every line you have on your face. The BB cream floats around on top of the skin, like white face paint (like a clown). I love MUA but this should be taken off the shelves. I've spoken to about 4 other girls on YouTube who also thinks it's just awful. And not worth £4! Packaging is fine though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Linazx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I think this product is ok. The cons and pro weight each other out.

Pros
1) This gives a nice shine to the applied area.
2) It gives nice coverage
3) I like how it's a squeezy bottle so it's hygienic and it is easy to squeeze out.
4) the consistency is not too thick but not waterly.
5) the lasting power is not bad. it stays on for a good half a day but should be reapplied if longer.
6) It doesn't cake or irritate your skin.

Cons
1) the colour is a bit towards the white side.
2) The bottle is mainly air. Not much product
3) The price wasn't too expensive so it's worth trying

In conclusion, try this product if u haven't , it's not expensive and worth a try.
i prob. wouldn't buy this because i don't love this product and i want to try others out there. Hope this helped.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Rebeckha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this, it's thicker than most BB creams so you can definitely wear it in place of foundation if you are okay with sheer to light medium coverage. The tone is very neautral, not too much yellow or pink at all. Paired with concealer this works perfectly for me and the shades start from VERY pale which is great as pale foundations etc. that don't turn you orange, or me orange at least.
I would definitely buy again, and for under 5 euros, how can you go wrong?
I do find that it applies better with a stipple brush or something similar rather than fingers, but I don't find it at all cakey, it doesn't sit on my skin, it's "invisible cover"
Great product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

For £4, you can't go too wrong with this.
I'd say it doesn't feel like a BB cream though. It's quite thick, and can look a bit cakey on my dry-combination skin.
I usually like to apply BB creams with my fingers, but I find this is best applied with a dense brush (e.g. kabuki) and then patted in with fingers where I find it still looks a bit patchy and cakey. I sometimes spray a light mist on top as well to get rid of cakiness.
The coverage is quite good, a light-medium, but more towards medium than light. I can easily just put this on and skip concealer, if I'm just going somewhere casual.
I am very pale (NC15) but yellow toned and have this is Light (shade 1). I have to say it matches me very well!
With my oily T-zone, I have to powder this or it looks greasy, but it's fine on my cheeks, and last well through the day.
If you're on a budget, this is a good choice.