July 22, 2014 | 2527 users online

Lipstick - Almay - Lip Vitality- #40

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2006 1:36:00 AM More reviews by AtomicStarlite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I read somewhere, long ago, that you are supposed to match your inner lip color for a natural lipstick, and the concept was noted, filed, and forgotten. One day, finally tired of my signature bright red and pink lipsticks, that I have been wearing for decades, I impulsively bought this one, as it matched my inner lips perfectly. Every non bright lipstick prior to this looked horrible, which is why I was convinced my neutral beige skin and medium brown hair needed the brights. WOW, what a YLBB classic, what a gorgeous, subtle shimmer, it has SPF15, a smooth, non fragranced, neutral taste, and a flawless consistency. If only the packaging were better! I wish I had discovered this shade years ago...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 10:46:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I haven't had much luck with this line color wise, but this one's a keeper. # 40 is a warm, light shade of pink with definite peachy/coral tones to it. I did not find it Bright per se, though it was sort of brightening. This just added a touch of warmth and juiciness to my lips--I liked the effect a lot. Good shade for spring/ summer. Nice formula, it isn't opaque, though not sheer either. I guess you'd call this a Satin. Seems pretty quality for a d/s lippie.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2004 8:29:00 PM More reviews by moonsista

I am not at all impressed with Almay Lip Vitality Lipstick. I don't think it is any better than any other drugstore brand of lipstick.

40 is a light, shimmery coral-pink that has more pink than coral - but the coral is definitely there. It has a shimmery silver sheen to it as well.

This lipstick applies smoothly and has a nice feel, but the color and moisture don't last longer than an hour or two before it needs to be re-applied. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2003 8:32:00 AM More reviews by HeavenlySweet98

This pink was a little too peachy for me. But it goes on smooth & adds light shimmer to your lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2003 11:42:00 AM More reviews by pinkangel3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty Pink...has some sparkle to it and looks pretty on...happy to have it...