Almay Lip Vitality- #40

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I read somewhere, long ago, that you are supposed to match your inner lip color for a natural lipstick, and the concept was noted, filed, and forgotten. One day, finally tired of my signature bright red and pink lipsticks, that I have been wearing for decades, I impulsively bought this one, as it matched my inner lips perfectly. Every non bright lipstick prior to this looked horrible, which is why I was convinced my neutral beige skin and medium brown hair needed the brights. WOW, what a YLBB classic, what a gorgeous, subtle shimmer, it has SPF15, a smooth, non fragranced, neutral taste, and a flawless consistency. If only the packaging were better! I wish I had discovered this shade years ago...

on 3/12/2005 10:46:00 PM

I haven't had much luck with this line color wise, but this one's a keeper. # 40 is a warm, light shade of pink with definite peachy/coral tones to it. I did not find it Bright per se, though it was sort of brightening. This just added a touch of warmth and juiciness to my lips--I liked the effect a lot. Good shade for spring/ summer. Nice formula, it isn't opaque, though not sheer either. I guess you'd call this a Satin. Seems pretty quality for a d/s lippie.

on 1/1/2004 8:29:00 PM

I am not at all impressed with Almay Lip Vitality Lipstick. I don't think it is any better than any other drugstore brand of lipstick.

40 is a light, shimmery coral-pink that has more pink than coral - but the coral is definitely there. It has a shimmery silver sheen to it as well.

This lipstick applies smoothly and has a nice feel, but the color and moisture don't last longer than an hour or two before it needs to be re-applied. continued >>

This pink was a little too peachy for me. But it goes on smooth & adds light shimmer to your lips.

on 5/18/2003 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pretty Pink...has some sparkle to it and looks pretty on...happy to have it...

Popular Lipsticks