Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain - 6 Camel Croissiere

4.5

on 5/13/2014 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have at this point purchased several YSL glossy stains because I like the convenience of the formula and shade selection so much. Camel Croissiere has quickly because one of my favorites, as its warm, slightly orange/nude-toned shade works very well with my olive skin tone (NC 42 at my palest). This is a go-to shade for work or evening, and is worry-free after application. The lasting power is amazing, and I haven't found the formula for the glossy stains drying in the least (and my lips get horribly dry during the colder months). I also love the applicator: it's a small, flexible yet firm spade-shaped sponge that really allows for precise application - so much so that this product generally allows me to skip lip liner altogether (there's no feathering, either). It's the perfect travel/purse companion, and worth the price in my opinion. Since I discovered this product, my other glosses and lipsticks have been virtually ignored. My only complaint? There's no suitable straight-up nude in this line for tan-darker skin tones. The current nudes don't even register on my lips, unfortunately. Other than that, I love this product.

on 3/3/2014 1:49:00 PM

This gloss/stain aways dries out my lips! Worse yet is that it stings upon application. Some ingredient or multiple ones just don't agree with me... Its staying power is its only redeeming feat; the gloss really clings to your lips. I wore it throughout summer and layered it over some lipsticks in the fall, but since I'm not too happy about its formula, I'm not keen on repurchasing.

on 4/16/2013 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love this color! Beautiful, beautiful coral, incredibly flattering (like previous reviewer I have warm/yellow undertones, though I'm African-American). Texture is great too--love the combination of gloss and lip stain. I'm already plotting what other colors to get, though this is probably going to be my favorite, especially for spring and summer.

on 3/3/2013 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

6 camel croisiere is a beautiful medium orangey coral. color intensity is great - definitely not sheer at all thus more suitable for late afternoon to nighttime. the orange is great for warm yellow-toned asian skin like mine. i've had a lot of coral/peach/orange lip colors but none of them has done a good job at making my face glow like this one does. it's a keeper. love!

Popular Lip Glosses